inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Inuyasha

Written By: Zelek on 09/11/15 at 7:39 pm

I've never seen this show, but I know a lot of college-aged people have nostalgia for it because they watched it as kid.

On the forums I've been to, some of them say they watched again as adults, and "realized it was terrible". But still have nostalgia for it for one reason: because of the ferris wheel ending, which they say makes them cry and brings them back to "a simpler time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uESGq1KRs24

What do you think of it?

Subject: Re: Inuyasha

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/11/15 at 7:51 pm

I've never seen this show, but I know a lot of college-aged people have nostalgia for it because they watched it as kid.

Most of them say they watched again as adults, and "realized it was terrible". But still have nostalgia for it for one reason: because of the ferris wheel ending, which they say makes them cry and brings them back to "a simpler time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uESGq1KRs24

What do you think of it?

I'm one of those nostalgic college aged kids lol. That show was pretty badass though, heck now that you mentioned it maybe I should re watch it again for old time sakes!

Written By: ArcticFox on 09/12/15 at 11:14 am

I used to watch it a lot back in middle school (reruns), but looking back it's not all that great. Naruto is even worse. I really don't get why that show was so popular. I used to watch it back then.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/12/15 at 11:54 am

I used to watch it a lot back in middle school (reruns), but looking back it's not all that great. Naruto is even worse. I really don't get why that show was so popular. I used to watch it back then.

Same here, aired Inuyasha a lot during the time, and Naruto premiered on Cartoon Network (Toonami) in 2005 and ran through the mid-late 2000's, although it wasn't one of my favorites but it was decent IMO. Growing up I wasn't that much of a big anime fan in general. My earliest memories of watching anime was Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragon Ball Z on Cartoon Network around 2002 or so, but most of what I listed had a big "kid" following. The anime that appeals to a teen/young adult audience I was hardly into growing up.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/12/15 at 1:05 pm

YES!!!!!!!! I loved Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Big O, Outlaw Star and Lupin the third back in the day I have found memories of all of the series! I've got all seasons of Inuyasha on DVD and watch them once a month for nostalgia and appreciation watching this good anime series.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/12/15 at 9:32 pm

InuYasha was hyped back then. I remember people I kind of knew talking about the series during my middle school year I heard walking pass in the cafeteria. I do consider the anime pretty lame now. Bankotsu is the only interesting character from the anime that is overlooked while Sesshomaru has a fan bank and yet is one of the most one dimensional characters.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/13/15 at 6:43 pm

I started reading the ani-manga in 9th grade, just out of curiosity and because I wanted to expand my knowledge of anime.  Although I did enjoy it, I was so bogged down in school work and running that I didn't really commit to making through the rest of it, not to mention I preferred to save my allowance for meals at Wahoo's and Rubio's instead.

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/14/15 at 11:15 am

InuYasha is one of those animes that's a gateway to anime fandom. Like how Naruto is that. I sometimes watched One Piece if it was on.

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/19/15 at 5:42 pm

I remember ads for it a long time ago. Saw some episodes recently and honestly prefer Ranma 1/2. But one teen anime I truly watched a bit of was Bleach. 

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/22/15 at 11:10 am

Been watching it since it aired in the U.S. I remember it coming on at midnight and early in the morning on Adult Swim during its early days. It was awesome and I watched it until it ended and then it became reruns from there on out. I still watch it today, but not as much as before.

Check for new replies or respond here...