inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remembering 2000

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/24/15 at 3:16 pm

It's hard for me to believe it, but 2000 is already 15 years ago. Though much of that year still seems like yesterday to me, I have also been having some pretty intense nostalgia lately for my middle school days. In light of this, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at some of the more memorable things from a very memorable year.

The "Dot-Com" Bowl

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2013/01/23/0ap2000000130349/8-super-bowl-xxxiv-st-louis-rams-23-tennessee-titans-16_pg_600.jpg http://www.oocities.org/alyce/sp1.gif

The year started off with a bang, as the 1999 NFL season closed out with one of the greatest Super Bowls of all-time. The St. Louis Rams defeated the Tennessee Titans 23-16, but the Titans came just one yard short of tying the game on the last play and sending it into overtime. The game is also remembered today as the "Dot-Com" bowl because, coming in January 2000 at the crest of the Dot-Com Boom, nearly all of the commercials that aired during the game were for websites, many of which (including the infamous Pets.com) would be out of business by the end of the year.

Pokemon Reaches it's Zenith

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000045376991-0gc58x-original.jpg?30a2558  http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/1/6/3/6163_front.jpg

You could make an argument for 1999, but I really believe that 2000 was the "Year of Pokemon". For anyone that can remember, Pokemon was literally everywhere in '00. The Pokemon anime was drawing in huge ratings, Pokemon: The Movie 2000 was in theaters that summer, and the Trading Card Game was sweeping schoolyards across the world. Mainly though, Pokemon in 2000 revolved around the video games. Just in the U.S. alone that year you had the much anticipated Pokemon Stadium for the Nintendo 64, Pokemon:TCG for the Game Boy Color, Pokemon Puzzle League for the N64, and, of course, Pokemon Gold and Silver for the GBC.

Speaking of Video Games...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FJZMEGENL.jpg http://s.emuparadise.org/PSX/Covers/Final%20Fantasy%20IX%20%20%20-front.jpg

2000 was, simply put, an amazing year to be a gamer. Perhaps 1998, 2001, or even 2004 might've had more blockbusters, but 2000 could easily match up to any of those when it comes to overall quality of titles. You had the underratedly great Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask; the best game in the Tony Hawk series, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2; the best game in the Spyro series, Spyro: Year of the Dragon; the greatest wrestling game of all-time, WWF No Mercy; and my favorite game in the entire Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy IX. And all that without even mentioned the launch of the PlayStation 2 that October, which is still to this day the most anticipated console launch in gaming history.

Subject: Re: Remembering 2000

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/24/15 at 3:31 pm

Thank you VERY much machine held, for taking me down memory lane. I turned 5 years old in October of that year. I entered peak childhood that year, and boy oh boy was I was sooo spoiled. I discovered Cartoon Network, saw Emperors New Groove, Dinosaur, and X-MEN in theaters. I starting playing the gameboy color and discovered the SEGA dreamcast. Pokemon peaked in 1999 and in 2000 it was at an ALL TIME HIGH! My favorite second favorite for fox kids cause of digimon and Power Rangers Light speed Rescue. I watched my St. Louis Rams take on the Titans in Superbowl 34 at my uncle's house and this was my fav Superbowl ever until 2008 Superbowl between Giants and Patriots. The year I played my N64 the most, because of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Bomberman Hero, Glover 64, Kirby, Megaman 64, Mario Party 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Fighter Destiny 2,Smash Bros, Toy Story 2, and of course WWF NO Mercy the best wrestling game EVER!!!!! Also the launch of my favorite game console ever the PS2. This was the first full year I watched WWF and WCW on a consistent basis, and man was I blessed to be watching at the time. 2000 is my personal favorite year in WWE/WWF history besides 2002.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/24/15 at 3:31 pm

Damn I was 1 to 2 years short from experiencing this year with clear memory. :(

I was only 4 years old then, but seems like an awesome year to be a kid in though. Pretty good year for video games and movies. I can remember how the stores looked at the time including how the Walmart in my town used to look, how the furniture in my house and many other folks in my families' houses used to look before it was replaced in 2001, that small CRT-TV in the corner of my house, and 2000 was the last full year we had that before we replaced it in Spring 2001, sitting in the car as a 4 year old I'd look outside and see the models of cars back then how it was a mixture of late 80's and 90's cars, trucks, and SUV's everywhere, that was actually a hobby of mine then, and compared to the models of cars you see now really old school/dated. Also in my town I remember how there were a lot of trees in certain areas before it was chomped down and turned into other outdoor malls, and I have this vague memory of going to the mall and this big candy shop with my cousins. Matter of fact, I remember how back in 2000 it was the last year I went to the old stores on the other side of town, and certain roads used to be build a certain way, then as soon as 2001 hit all of that changed. I have no memory of the pop culture that occurred in 2000 though. Around 2001 is when I started having conscious of the pop culture geared towards kids.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/24/15 at 3:37 pm

Holy fudgeing sheesh, I was only like a month old to a year old around 2000. Are you guys really that serious with being nostalgic over 2000, a year that doesn't even feel like the 2000s?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/24/15 at 3:39 pm

Thank's guys. Here's a little more I was going to add...

The Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnmICxvoVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iGDSjOpXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3y9llDXuM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

2000 is probably my favorite "modern" year musically, as it was when I was at my absolute peak of caring about current music. I used to race home from school every day to watch TRL and see what the top 10 songs would be, spend hours at music stores like Sam Goody looking through albums, and I even actually once joined the Linkin Park fan club (not something I'm proud of :-Toonami

http://leakynews.s3.amazonaws.com/pub/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/toonami_banner.png

Well, of course you couldn't talk about 2000 without mentioning Toonami, which was in the midst of arguably it's biggest year. In the fall of  2000, the heavily hyped Android saga of Dragon Ball Z finally premiered, Toonami started airing full length movies like Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz and DBZ: Tree of Might, and the block had it's strongest lineup ever with Sailor Moon, DBZ, Reboot, Gundam Wing, Tenchi, and Batman: TAS. Fall 2000 was also when The Intruder storyline aired, leading to the death of Tom 1.0, and the birth of Tom 2.0.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/24/15 at 3:42 pm

I remember all of these things pretty well.  I think I was a couple of years too old for Pokemon when it peaked, though some teens my age were into it.  Definitely loved the video games and movies of that year.  It was the last year that the N64 was in its prime.  It was also a pretty big year on the PC as well, with Quake 3 Arena really pushing PC gaming forward and a new generation of games coming out that used its engine.

Looking back, the music was the best thing about 2000.  Eminem's the Marshall Mathers LP was not only the best album of the year 2000 but one of the best hip-hop albums of all time.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/24/15 at 3:47 pm

Holy fudgeing sheesh, I was only like a month old to a year old around 2000. Are you guys really that serious with being nostalgic over 2000, a year that doesn't even feel like the 2000s?

Don't be selfish bro, no one on here is thinking that way. Everybody can praise any year they want to about any type of pop culture, it doesn't have to just be by a kid's viewpoint, but even the pop culture towards teens and adults at the time as well. Look I was still in my early childhood in 2000 too, even though I can remember things from that year I didn't really experience it either.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/24/15 at 3:49 pm

Don't be selfish bro, no one on here is thinking that way. Everybody can praise any year they want to about any type of pop culture, it doesn't have to just be by a kid's viewpoint, but even the pop culture towards teens and adults at the time as well. Look I was still in my early childhood in 2000 too, even though I can remember things from that year I didn't really experience it either.

Well, I guess that can make sense, but I think it just feels special for anybody who was born in the mid 80s to early 90s.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/24/15 at 3:59 pm

I'm in the same boat as Mqg.

However I vividly remember moving into my new house in Spring of 2000, taking out weeds in the backyard when we just moved and me and my family putting our hand prints into a piece of some new cement that was being put into part of the backyard.

I also remember Summer of 2000 like it was yesterday, similar to Summer of 1999, but I remember more such as going to Summer camp for the first time and going on various trips like to Make Believe Land, Six Flags Great Adventure, The Circus, & Funtown USA. I also remember going to Orlando, Florida for my first time this year. We drove down there that year and I remember when we stopped at a Motel and we stayed up to watch Forest Gump on tv. Then once we got there we went to Disney World and I remember getting on a few kiddy rides there and my siblings getting on Space Mountain. Then we went to Universal Studios and I remember going on Men in Black the Ride when it first opened, Nickelodeon Studios, Twister, Jaws, Back to the Future, & King Kong (that scared the living crap at out of me). So Summer of 2000 is a summer I get very nostalgic over.

However most of my memories from 2000 are pretty vague though, but I would say since Late 2000 my memories have been pretty vivid, such as Thanksgiving of 2000, seeing Rugrats in Paris in theaters, Christmas of 2000, the first Christmas I could recall, and getting a Tickle Me Elmo, a T-Rex, Pokemon cards (since I was a big fan of the show) and a Gameboy Color  8)

However, the first year of my life that I could remember vividly from start to finish was probably 2001. From New Years Eve that year, my 5th birthday in March and getting a PS1, to going to a family reunion during Spring Break of 2001, graduating from Pre School, going to Myrtle Beach in Summer of 2001, going back to summer camp this year, learning to ride a bike, going to Coney Island with my family, going to Upstate New York to visit family, watching Kids WB, One Saturday Morning, Fox Kids, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, & Disney Channel during their glory days, watching a movie every Saturday Night during the Wonderful World of Disney Block, my first day of Kindergarten and all the friends I made that day, 9/11 a few days later  :\'(, the post 9/11 patriotism, Christmas of 2001 and getting tons of toys and video games that year, seeing Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius in theaters, etc.

So yeah, 2000 was a great year, but 2001 was awesome as well! So was 1999, 1999-2001 was in general a great time for early/peak childhood  ;)

Written By: mqg96 on 09/24/15 at 3:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM

ONE of the only things from the year 2000 I DO get nostalgic for is Who Let the Dogs Out! Probably my favorite song from my early childhood. Back in Summer 2000 by dad would play it on his radio or from his Windows 98 computer, and I would be dancing to that music when I was 4.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/24/15 at 4:02 pm

ONE of the only things from the year 2000 I DO get nostalgic for is Who Let the Dogs Out! Probably my favorite song from my early childhood. Back in Summer 2000 by dad would play it on his radio or from his Windows 98 computer, and I would be dancing to that music when I was 4.

I loved that song as a kid! Yeah I would always dance around to that song when I was 4 as well

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/24/15 at 4:07 pm

Damn I was 1 to 2 years short from experiencing this year with clear memory. :(

I was only 4 years old then, but seems like an awesome year to be a kid in though. Pretty good year for video games and movies. I can remember how the stores looked at the time including how the Walmart in my town used to look, how the furniture in my house and many other folks in my families' houses used to look before it was replaced in 2001, that small CRT-TV in the corner of my house, and 2000 was the last full year we had that before we replaced it in Spring 2001, sitting in the car as a 4 year old I'd look outside and see the models of cars back then how it was a mixture of late 80's and 90's cars, trucks, and SUV's everywhere, that was actually a hobby of mine then, and compared to the models of cars you see now really old school/dated. Also in my town I remember how there were a lot of trees in certain areas before it was chomped down and turned into other outdoor malls, and I have this vague memory of going to the mall and this big candy shop with my cousins. Matter of fact, I remember how back in 2000 it was the last year I went to the old stores on the other side of town, and certain roads used to be build a certain way, then as soon as 2001 hit all of that changed. I have no memory of the pop culture that occurred in 2000 though. Around 2001 is when I started having conscious of the pop culture geared towards kids.

I'm in the same boat as Mqg.

However I vividly remember moving into my new house in Spring of 2000, taking out weeds in the backyard when we just moved and me and my family putting our hand prints into a piece of some new cement that was being put into part of the backyard.

I also remember Summer of 2000 like it was yesterday, similar to Summer of 1999, but I remember more such as going to Summer camp for the first time and going on various trips like to Make Believe Land, Six Flags Great Adventure, The Circus, & Funtown USA. I also remember going to Orlando, Florida for my first time this year. We drove down there that year and I remember when we stopped at a Motel and we stayed up to watch Forest Gump on tv. Then once we got there we went to Disney World and I remember getting on a few kiddy rides there and my siblings getting on Space Mountain. Then we went to Universal Studios and I remember going on Men in Black the Ride when it first opened, Nickelodeon Studios, Twister, Jaws, Back to the Future, & King Kong (that scared the living crap at out of me). So Summer of 2000 is a summer I get very nostalgic over.

However most of my memories from 2000 are pretty vague though, but I would say since Late 2000 my memories have been pretty vivid, such as Thanksgiving of 2000, seeing Rugrats in Paris in theaters, Christmas of 2000, the first Christmas I could recall, and getting a Tickle Me Elmo, a T-Rex, Pokemon cards (since I was a big fan of the show) and a Gameboy Color  8)

However, the first year of my life that I could remember vividly from start to finish was probably 2001. From New Years Eve that year, my 5th birthday in March and getting a PS1, to going to a family reunion during Spring Break of 2001, graduating from Pre School, going to Myrtle Beach in Summer of 2001, going back to summer camp this year, learning to ride a bike, going to Coney Island with my family, going to Upstate New York to visit family, watching Kids WB, One Saturday Morning, Fox Kids, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, & Disney Channel during their glory days, watching a movie every Saturday Night during the Wonderful World of Disney Block, my first day of Kindergarten and all the friends I made that day, 9/11 a few days later  :\'(, the post 9/11 patriotism, Christmas of 2001 and getting tons of toys and video games that year, seeing Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius in theaters, etc.

So yeah, 2000 was a great year, but 2001 was awesome as well! So was 1999, 1999-2001 was in general a great time for early/peak childhood  ;)

I wanted to comment on these because I know exactly how you all feel. I've always had the exact same feelings about 1990-91. There's just this sort of "magical" feeling about the memories you have in that 2-4 year old range. You're old enough to finally start forming coherent memories, but still really too young to understand what's going on around you, resulting in everything from that time period having this really "hazy" quality to it. I can remember certain things from around 1990, like the big hairstyles, my parents listening to stuff like Genesis and Roxette on the radio, watching cartoon shows like Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and going to stores like K-Mart, but it's all really vague and hazy. I think those types of memories actually cause you to become even more interested in your toddler years, as I've been really fascinated by the pop culture of the early '90s since I was in high school.

Yeah, I'm not the least bit surprised that you can remember Who Let the Dogs Out, because that song was literally everywhere in 2000. You couldn't go two seconds without hearing it on the radio or seeing the video on MTV. Heck, even Nickelodeon used to show it all time.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/24/15 at 5:22 pm

Yeah bro!!!! :D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/24/15 at 5:24 pm

Well, I guess that can make sense, but I think it just feels special for anybody who was born in the mid 80s to early 90s.

So a mid 90s baby like myself can't feel special about 2000? ???

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/24/15 at 5:25 pm

I remember all of these things pretty well.  I think I was a couple of years too old for Pokemon when it peaked, though some teens my age were into it.  Definitely loved the video games and movies of that year.  It was the last year that the N64 was in its prime.  It was also a pretty big year on the PC as well, with Quake 3 Arena really pushing PC gaming forward and a new generation of games coming out that used its engine.

Looking back, the music was the best thing about 2000.  Eminem's the Marshall Mathers LP was not only the best album of the year 2000 but one of the best hip-hop albums of all time.

It's a damn shame I was still too young to listen to Eminem that year! He was arguably at the prime of his career that year.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/24/15 at 5:27 pm

The airing of my favorite second favorite saga in all of dragonball!! :D :D :D
HFL0byKeHSI

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/24/15 at 5:29 pm

So a mid 90s baby like myself can't feel special about 2000? ???

Okay, you can be nostalgic over 2000, which makes sense because you were five at the end of the year. I'm just saying that I have NO memories from the year 2000.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/24/15 at 5:42 pm

http://199.101.98.242/media/images/52801-Spyro_-_Year_of_the_Dragon_(E)-2.jpg

http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-(by-ThornBrain)/Images/1-Majora_s_Mask.png

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo/images/c/ca/WWF_No_Mercy_(NA).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071214130950&path-prefix=en

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140601104758/marvel/es/images/9/9b/Spiderman_(videojuego_2000_cubierta_Microsoft).jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HgTtpPT1lPQ/T5ZxAdzcCnI/AAAAAAAAJA8/QSJ2anH6xsM/s1600/banjo+tooie+n64.png

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ZHGHTCSCL.jpg

http://fontmeme.com/images/Perfect-Dark-Cover.jpg

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/3/6/4/12364_front.jpg

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mario/images/8/8a/Mario_Party_3_-_North_American_boxart.png/revision/latest?cb=20120224004315

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tekken/images/0/0a/Large_tekken.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080727025845&path-prefix=en

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Kirby64_box.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PP2FTGN6L.jpg
These were ALL my favorite games of the year!!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/24/15 at 6:25 pm

I can remember this year very well. Like Machine He@d said, it still feels like yesterday that I was enjoying myself with my family and friends doing a variety of activities. Despite the awful events that occurred, it was still excellent. All of the kids channels were still in their prime and the world was non-paranoid. Here's many things from that year.

Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxAiK6VnXw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGvlESGvbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZv62ShoStY]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcAvsZgjXA

Movies
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/25028/p25028_p_v7_aa.jpg
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-oosslYzD61pdLgPVmjN53hdzb-bjBeJajr2UILlq7kQNz7jR
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/25765/p25765_p_v7_aa.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/26687/p26687_p_v7_ae.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/26127/p26127_p_v7_aa.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/24668/p24668_p_v7_aa.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/24595/p24595_p_v7_ac.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/25581/p25581_p_v7_aa.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/24980/p24980_p_v7_ae.jpg

Games/Consoles
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/The_Sims_Coverart.png
http://tombraiders.net/stella/images/timeline/tomb_raider_5_box.jpg
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/8/87790/2108508-box_pm.png
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/6900/header.jpg?t=1424689655
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Kirby64_box.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo/images/2/2f/Mariotennis64_n64boxboxart_160w.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071214141941&path-prefix=en
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/jetsetradio/jsre.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/Phantasy_Star_Online.PNG

These 2 consoles were huge during that year

http://segaretro.org/images/8/80/Dreamcast.jpg

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5247081fe4b0240948a41898/t/552b20aae4b089f6872efd31/1428889773387/

Events
http://www.olympic.org/Global/Images/Games/GamesCollectionEmblems_540x580/summer/2000_sydney_logo.jpg
http://2012books.lardbucket.org/books/21st-century-american-government-and-politics/section_15/b7b155fef50c42ea2a6027e49c500352.jpg

Fashion
https://nosexandsortapretty.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/sclub2.png
http://cdn.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fubu.jpg
http://a3.zassets.com/images/z/2/2/1/4/0/9/2214094-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/5/7/16/enhanced-buzz-10607-1367959129-14.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/a777949205713c3ccee2d088158a10d9/tumblr_inline_munabwf9fN1qifdz4.png

Thank's guys. Here's a little more I was going to add...

The Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnmICxvoVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iGDSjOpXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3y9llDXuM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

2000 is probably my favorite "modern" year musically, as it was when I was at my absolute peak of caring about current music. I used to race home from school every day to watch TRL and see what the top 10 songs would be, spend hours at music stores like Sam Goody looking through albums, and I even actually once joined the Linkin Park fan club (not something I'm proud of :-Toonami

http://leakynews.s3.amazonaws.com/pub/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/toonami_banner.png

Well, of course you couldn't talk about 2000 without mentioning Toonami, which was in the midst of arguably it's biggest year. In the fall of  2000, the heavily hyped Android saga of Dragon Ball Z finally premiered, Toonami started airing full length movies like Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz and DBZ: Tree of Might, and the block had it's strongest lineup ever with Sailor Moon, DBZ, Reboot, Gundam Wing, Tenchi, and Batman: TAS. Fall 2000 was also when The Intruder storyline aired, leading to the death of Tom 1.0, and the birth of Tom 2.0.
This. Toonami was everywhere in 2000. There was the weekday and the Midnight block on everyday. I watched everything you listed and it was awesome.  I can even recall TOM 1 when he was the host and then by the fall, he was replaced with TOM 2.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/24/15 at 7:34 pm

2000 :') A great introduction to the 2000s. For some reason, it doesn't shock me that no one mentioned the Thong Song by Sisqo. It was one of the themes of 2000. I even remember someone I seen in middle school quoting the first verse of the song during I think recess. Someone else I knew was quoting the hook to OutKast's So Fresh, So Clean. The funny thing is, I had a teacher I was antagonistic to due to my development named Miss Jackson, and I seriously thought they referencing her. I first played Capcom Vs SNK 2000 my sister's old partner had that sums up majority of the year for me. I owned Spyro: Year of The Dragon at the time, but me and my brother could never finish it due to a missing memory card and not really caring since we became addicted to obtaining the N64.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/24/15 at 10:46 pm

Speaking about the Early 2000's, do you guys relate to this Buzzfeed post?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexfinnis/iconic-things-everyone-born-in-1992-will-remember#.espGvoN0r

I sure do! It represents my early childhood and core childhood years to a tea

(Note you don't have to be born in 92' to relate to this list  ;D)

Written By: mqg96 on 09/24/15 at 11:04 pm

Speaking about the Early 2000's, do you guys relate to this Buzzfeed post?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexfinnis/iconic-things-everyone-born-in-1992-will-remember#.espGvoN0r

I sure do! It represents my early childhood and core childhood years to a tea

(Note you don't have to be born in 92' to relate to this list  ;D)

Agreed, almost all of that applies to me.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/24/15 at 11:10 pm

What an amazing year.  :)

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/24/15 at 11:13 pm

Agreed, almost all of that applies to me.

Same! Especially the points on Playstation 1, the Discman, Pinball on Windows XP, Pokemon, Goosebumps, Harry Potter, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, etc.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/24/15 at 11:21 pm

This one as well is very nostalgic.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/things-that-look-just-like-childhood#.wqnE6OP7y

I would say most of these were my early childhood and core childhood as well

Written By: Slim95 on 09/25/15 at 12:43 am

I remember bits and pieces of 2000. I was 5 years old. It feels way more than 15 years to me. :P

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 09/25/15 at 12:54 am

I can remember certain things from around 1990, like the big hairstyles, my parents listening to stuff like Genesis and Roxette on the radio, watching cartoon shows like Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and going to stores like K-Mart, but it's all really vague and hazy.

Thank you for this.

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/25/15 at 6:50 am

Best year of my childhood!

Written By: Howard on 09/25/15 at 7:53 am

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5247081fe4b0240948a41898/t/552b20aae4b089f6872efd31/1428889773387/

I had the notebook version of The PS2.

Written By: Howard on 09/25/15 at 7:55 am

Wasn't this the year of the presidential election? ???

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/25/15 at 12:56 pm

Wasn't this the year of the presidential election? ???

yup!!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/25/15 at 12:59 pm

VHS video of the introduction to my favorite DBZ character EVER!!!!
5VefKtyZs2w

Written By: Catherine91UK on 09/25/15 at 2:00 pm

I was 8 years old and I remember not being allowed to stay up until midnight to see in the new millennium! I didn't even hear the fireworks.

We got internet access at home some time in the first half of 2000 and I was amazed by it.

2000 was the first full year we had our new car, a Skoda Felicia - with no airbags or power steering!

In September 2000, the month of my 9th birthday, I began middle school (which was for ages 8-12 in my area of the UK. Most middle schools have since changed to junior schools for ages 7-11).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/27/15 at 4:36 pm

5VefKtyZs2w

The introduction of Trunks in the Fall of 2000 probably marked the absolute apex of Toonami, in my opinion. At that point, it had been nearly an entire year since the last episode of the Freeza Saga had aired (in late 1999), and we had all been anxiously awaiting the debut of the Android saga. Those promos hyping up Trunks started airing, I believe, in June of 2000, and the wait seemed endless. When the first episode of the Android saga finally did air that September, I think it garnered the highest ratings in the history of Cartoon Network up to that point.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/27/15 at 5:28 pm

5VefKtyZs2w

When me and my brother first seen Trunks's intro, we instantly thought he was evil, especially when we caught the glimpse of him standing in front the flames and black screen haha That was definitely a interesting and tense year for Toonami. I can even go as far as saying we felt the hype from people we knew back then.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/27/15 at 6:04 pm

Here's more memories from 2000...

Wrestling

For any kid growing up in 2000, wrestling was appointment television on Monday nights. By January of that year, the Monday Night Wars were drawing to a close, with WCW now getting destroyed by WWF in the ratings, but that didn't make things any less interesting.

http://semcatch1.chez.com/ppvwwe2000/backlash2000logo.jpg http://i.ytimg.com/vi/DVIUbDprj2c/hqdefault.jpg

At WrestleMania 2000, The Rock was screwed out of the WWF title by the McMahon-Helsmley regime in a four way main event featuring Triple H, Mick Foley, and the Big Show. The next month at Backlash, Stone Cold Steve Austin made a temporary comeback from his neck injury to help The Rock finally defeat Triple H and wrest the championship away from corporate hands. In May, at Judgement Day, The Rock unsuccessfully defended the title against Triple H in an Iron Man Match, which saw The Undertaker return and debut his infamous "biker" gimmick.

http://i.imgur.com/5QtX3us.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/SS_00.jpg

Later that year, in October, Stone Cold finally returned for good, and was looking to find out who had run him over the previous November at Survivor Series. Ultimately Rikishi shocked the world by revealing that he had run over Austin, and that he "did it for The Rock". The truth soon came out, however, that Triple H had hired Rikishi to run over Austin, resulting in Stone Cold getting his revenge in a brutal no-disqualification match against Triple H exactly one year later at Survivor Series 2000.

http://17r1l63fshd52dy9yakdizhkog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/David-Arquette-WCW.jpg http://s1.dmcdn.net/ASLUe/526x297-lGI.jpg

While the WWF was dominating the ratings at this time (with RAW routinely pulling in 6.0 or above), WCW was sputtering thanks to the "worked-shoot" storyline style of Vince Russo. 2000 was full of franchise killing moments for WCW, including D-list actor David Arquette winning the WCW championship, Goldberg walking out in the middle of a match against Kevin Nash, and Russo giving an infamous "shoot" promo on Hulk Hogan after having Jeff Jarret lay down to give Hogan the title at Bash at the Beach 2000.

The Election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucdj8qHqqdQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRC4CR-OPQ

Of course, 2000 also featured one of the most memorable presidential elections in American history. On a personal note, 2000 was also the first presidential election that I was actually old enough to follow, so it's also stood out to me because of that.

Despite a crowded field of challengers seeking to replace outgoing President Bill Clinton, the polls showed well in advance that it would be Vice President Al Gore vs. Texas Governor George W. Bush. Gore cruised to the Democratic nomination over Bill Bradley, while Bush faced a slight challenge in the Republican  primaries from Arizona Senator John McCain, but after a strong performance by McCain in the New Hampshire primary, Bush wouldn't lose another contest.

The general election was pretty nasty. Because of the good economy and stable world stage, the campaign mostly focused on social issues and the character of the candidates. Bush had a large lead during the Summer, but the polls tightened as election day neared. Gore pulled ahead in October, but sub par debate performances hurt him. In the end, the election was one of the closest ever, with Gore winning the popular vote by just over 54,000 votes out of over 100,000,000 cast. Ultimately, the election would not be decided for over a month due to a recount of votes in the contested state of Florida. The Supreme Court ruled in December to end the recount, thus handing the election to Bush.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 7:16 am

http://17r1l63fshd52dy9yakdizhkog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/David-Arquette-WCW.jpg

The worst year for WCW was David Arquette winning the world title. ::)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/28/15 at 10:07 am

http://17r1l63fshd52dy9yakdizhkog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/David-Arquette-WCW.jpg

The worst year for WCW was David Arquette winning the world title. ::)

Yeah looking back on it, it was the day WCW officially died. There was NO going back.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/28/15 at 10:14 am

Here's more memories from 2000...

http://17r1l63fshd52dy9yakdizhkog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/David-Arquette-WCW.jpg http://s1.dmcdn.net/ASLUe/526x297-lGI.jpg

While the WWF was dominating the ratings at this time (with RAW routinely pulling in 6.0 or above), WCW was sputtering thanks to the "worked-shoot" storyline style of Vince Russo. 2000 was full of franchise killing moments for WCW, including D-list actor David Arquette winning the WCW championship, Goldberg walking out in the middle of a match against Kevin Nash, and Russo giving an infamous "shoot" promo on Hulk Hogan after having Jeff Jarret lay down to give Hogan the title at Bash at the

Yeah, Being just a little boy back then I didn't realize WCW was in the dumps. Even though WCW was in it's dying days, I LOVED watching either RAW, Nitro, or even MNF back then!!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/28/15 at 2:30 pm

English DBZ opening for the Cell Saga, not as good as the Japanese opening, but VERY nostalgic!
tK-bZojyxIE

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 3:10 pm

Yeah looking back on it, it was the day WCW officially died. There was NO going back.

The year 2000 was crappy for WCW.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 3:12 pm

Yeah, Being just a little boy back then I didn't realize WCW was in the dumps. Even though WCW was in it's dying days, I LOVED watching either RAW, Nitro, or even MNF back then!!

WCW during their final years were giving us garbage storylines.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/21/16 at 7:56 am

Now that 2000 is 16 years ago, that is the year I'm nostalgic about and throwing back. I'm hoping 2016 will be the new 2000. It was one of the best years of my life. I had just turned 21 and was always going to bars and clubs. There was a lot of good music that year, especially in R&B and hip-hop. My favorite songs include "Let's Get Married" by Jagged Edge, and "The Light" by Common. My favorite movies were Scary Movie, X-Men, Meet the Parents, Road Trip, and Me, Myself, and Irene. I also bought a Nintendo 64 that year (kind of late), but those games take me back to that year, including Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, 007 Goldeneye, and LOZ: Ocarina of Time.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/21/16 at 8:36 am

even MNF back then!!

Monday Night Football? I love watching all kinds of football games in college or NFL year in and year out. I'm probably the most true football fan on this entire website. I always learn something new about the game, offseasons, drafts, or recruiting each year. In fact, Monday Night Football had some really great games this past season, almost all were decided by a touchdown or less!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/21/16 at 4:51 pm

Monday Night Football? I love watching all kinds of football games in college or NFL year in and year out. I'm probably the most true football fan on this entire website. I always learn something new about the game, offseasons, drafts, or recruiting each year. In fact, Monday Night Football had some really great games this past season, almost all were decided by a touchdown or less!

I STILL remember BEGGING my parents to let me stay up to watch any of the teams play each other. Most specially my STL RAMS back then since they were the defending champs that year! :D  I do wish I could have been a little older to stay up the entire night to watch the full games. ::)

Written By: mqg96 on 02/21/16 at 4:55 pm

I STILL remember BEGGING my parents to let me stay up to watch any of the teams play each other. Most specially my STL RAMS back then since they were the defending champs that year! :D  I do wish I could have been a little older to stay up the entire night to watch the full games. ::)

A lot of those Sunday or Monday Night Football games will go on past 11:30pm E.T. or 12:00am E.T., especially if it goes to OT. That Colts vs. Panthers game this past season was on Monday Night and went to OT, and I think the game had ended right before 1:00am E.T. hit.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/22/16 at 12:18 am

Now that 2000 is 16 years ago, that is the year I'm nostalgic about and throwing back. I'm hoping 2016 will be the new 2000. It was one of the best years of my life. I had just turned 21 and was always going to bars and clubs. There was a lot of good music that year, especially in R&B and hip-hop. My favorite songs include "Let's Get Married" by Jagged Edge, and "The Light" by Common. My favorite movies were Scary Movie, X-Men, Meet the Parents, Road Trip, and Me, Myself, and Irene. I also bought a Nintendo 64 that year (kind of late), but those games take me back to that year, including Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, 007 Goldeneye, and LOZ: Ocarina of Time.

Why is the 16th year important to you? Shouldn't you have celebrated 2000 last year since it was the 15th anniversary?

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/23/16 at 8:21 pm

Why is the 16th year important to you? Shouldn't you have celebrated 2000 last year since it was the 15th anniversary?

He goes by a 16 year parallel. Basically in his opinion, the 16th year is typically a mirror.

For instance 2015 was the new 1999. Both years were peak years for teen pop (peak for Britney Spears/NSYNC/BSB & peak for Taylor Swift/5SOS/Justin Bieber), advance gaming consoles (PS1/N64 & PS4/Xbox One), definitive movies (Matrix/Fight Club/Star Wars Episode I & Renevant/Creed/Star Wars Episode VII), the presidential elections of 2000 & 2016 and how both are ending off from Centrist Democratic Presidents (Clinton & Obama) and how the past year and this one could both have Republican candidates win the race (In 2000 Bush won narrowly, in 2016 Trump could potentially win narrowly especially against Clinton) etc.

There not perfect representations, but relatively similar

Also this makes sense with school years as well. Similar as to how 1996-1997 is generally seen as the tail end of Core 90's Culture is how 2012-2013 is the tail end of Electropop (Late 00's/Early 10's) Culture, or how 96'-97' is the tail end of Gen X culture and 12'-13' is the tail end of Gen Y culture.

Just a few examples, not saying the theory is 100% correct, but there are some pretty accurate parallels when you look into it.

Written By: Toon on 02/23/16 at 8:38 pm

Good ol' 2000. Something about the year just feels special to me. In terms of pop cultural and personal life it was nice. 

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/23/16 at 8:41 pm

Good ol' 2000. Something about the year just feels special to me. In terms of pop cultural and personal life it was nice.

2000 was a great year from what I remember. For instance I went to Disney World and Universal Studios for the first time that year!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/23/16 at 8:44 pm

2000 was a great year from what I remember. For instance I went to Disney World and Universal Studios for the first time that year!

Speaking of Universal Studios, does anybody remember when Nickelodeon used to film their game shows in Nickelodeon Studios Orlando? I know I vaguely remember the place, since it closed when I was five, but I'm just asking.

Written By: Toon on 02/24/16 at 1:55 am

Speaking of Universal Studios, does anybody remember when Nickelodeon used to film their game shows in Nickelodeon Studios Orlando? I know I vaguely remember the place, since it closed when I was five, but I'm just asking.

I do. I visited the studio when my family went to Universal Studios back in 2001/2002 if my memory serves me correctly. I liked in Orlando back in the early '00s.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/24/16 at 2:21 am

The Rams had an amazing season in 2000. Statistically, the "Greatest Show on Turf" offense was actually even more dominant in 2000 than it had been during the Rams 1999 championship season. The problem with the team was the defense. It was pretty atrocious in '00, and that really messed up the Rams chances at winning back-to-back titles.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/24/16 at 3:48 am

The Rams had an amazing season in 2000. Statistically, the "Greatest Show on Turf" offense was actually even more dominant in 2000 than it had been during the Rams 1999 championship season. The problem with the team was the defense. It was pretty atrocious in '00, and that really messed up the Rams chances at winning back-to-back titles.

It's crying shame that the Rams are moved back to LA this upcoming 2016 season later this year. I don't know what I'd do if I was in that position. Sadly, this upcoming season will be the last season our Atlanta Falcons are in the Georgia Dome including the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl games being held in there, so it will be bittersweet when the dome gets taken down and we move to the Mercedes Benz Dome in 2017, but at least it's still in Atlanta though. I always say that when you're a true fan of a team, always stick with it no matter what, otherwise, you're a bandwagon or not a true, fake fan, but I know it's going to be difficult for football fans who grew up in Missouri or St. Louis their whole lives to go without an NFL team for the first time ever, or in over 20+ years. It's a selfish ass move by the owner. There AREN'T even that many football fans up in LA, at least compared to St. Louis which is definitely a huge football town. LA is just a money town, that's all. Throughout the Rams ENTIRE history their ONLY Super Bowl winning season came from St. Louis, NOT LA. That town didn't do sheesh for them. However, I know many people in the West Coast who are happy about it though. People have mixed opinions on the decision. St. Louis or LA Rams, I'm still routing hard for my homeboys Alec Ogletree and Todd Gurley down there!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/24/16 at 11:39 am

It's crying shame that the Rams are moved back to LA this upcoming 2016 season later this year. I don't know what I'd do if I was in that position. Sadly, this upcoming season will be the last season our Atlanta Falcons are in the Georgia Dome including the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl games being held in there, so it will be bittersweet when the dome gets taken down and we move to the Mercedes Benz Dome in 2017, but at least it's still in Atlanta though. I always say that when you're a true fan of a team, always stick with it no matter what, otherwise, you're a bandwagon or not a true, fake fan, but I know it's going to be difficult for football fans who grew up in Missouri or St. Louis their whole lives to go without an NFL team for the first time ever, or in over 20+ years. It's a selfish ass move by the owner. There AREN'T even that many football fans up in LA, at least compared to St. Louis which is definitely a huge football town. LA is just a money town, that's all. Throughout the Rams ENTIRE history their ONLY Super Bowl winning season came from St. Louis, NOT LA. That town didn't do sheesh for them. However, I know many people in the West Coast who are happy about it though. People have mixed opinions on the decision. St. Louis or LA Rams, I'm still routing hard for my homeboys Alec Ogletree and Todd Gurley down there!

Very true. Even though I'm old enough to have a few vague memories of watching the original L.A. Rams back in the early '90s, I was still pretty young when they moved to St. Louis in 1995 so I've definitely come to see them exclusively as the "St. Louis Rams" over the last 20 years. Heck, even saying "L.A. Rams" after all of these years sounds pretty weird. I think we all knew that eventually an NFL team would wind up in LA again someday, but it is sad that it had to be a team like the Rams with such a loyal fanbase in St. Louis that stuck with the team through some really terrible years. It reminds me alot of what happened in the NBA with the Seattle Supersonics moving to OKC back in 2008.

As far as the whole "bandwagon fan" thing, I agree. I've been watching Atlanta Falcons games since 1991, so you can believe me that I've seen a whole lot of bad football over the years, but I've always stuck with the team no matter what. And, in the process, I have gotten to see alot of great moments as well, like the 1998 Super Bowl season, the Michael Vick era, making it to the NFC title game in 2012, etc., just not a championship. Sadly, I'm a UGA fan also, and since they haven't claimed a national title since 1980, I've never seen them win a title in my lifetime. Come to think of it, the ONLY team I root for that has won a title in my lifetime was the Braves back in '95.

Yeah, being a fan of Atlanta-area sports teams is a rough business. :(

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/25/16 at 10:06 am

Yeah I actually went there when I was 4! It was pretty fun although I forgot what show they were filming

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/25/16 at 10:09 am

Very true. Even though I'm old enough to have a few vague memories of watching the original L.A. Rams back in the early '90s, I was still pretty young when they moved to St. Louis in 1995 so I've definitely come to see them exclusively as the "St. Louis Rams" over the last 20 years. Heck, even saying "L.A. Rams" after all of these years sounds pretty weird. I think we all knew that eventually an NFL team would wind up in LA again someday, but it is sad that it had to be a team like the Rams with such a loyal fanbase in St. Louis that stuck with the team through some really terrible years. It reminds me alot of what happened in the NBA with the Seattle Supersonics moving to OKC back in 2008.

As far as the whole "bandwagon fan" thing, I agree. I've been watching Atlanta Falcons games since 1991, so you can believe me that I've seen a whole lot of bad football over the years, but I've always stuck with the team no matter what. And, in the process, I have gotten to see alot of great moments as well, like the 1998 Super Bowl season, the Michael Vick era, making it to the NFC title game in 2012, etc., just not a championship. Sadly, I'm a UGA fan also, and since they haven't claimed a national title since 1980, I've never seen them win a title in my lifetime. Come to think of it, the ONLY team I root for that has won a title in my lifetime was the Braves back in '95.

Yeah, being a fan of Atlanta-area sports teams is a rough business. :(

Try being a NY Region sports fan for a day. The Mets blew the World Series, The Knicks and Nets are currently doing horrible and they have more losts than wins, and the Giants & Jets blew their chances of getting into the playoffs. Not a great year for us :\'(

Written By: mqg96 on 02/25/16 at 1:40 pm

Try being a NY Region sports fan for a day. The Mets blew the World Series, The Knicks and Nets are currently doing horrible and they have more losts than wins, and the Giants & Jets blew their chances of getting into the playoffs. Not a great year for us :\'(

We're talking about throughout our history year in and year out! Machine_Head and I grew up in Georgia and has had to deal with the misery of always coming up so short of a college football national title, Super Bowl ring, or NBA title. He explained it all, the only difference it that since I was born in 1996 I haven't seen ONE championship my whole life, while he got to witness the 1995 Braves. Here in Georgia all we have is the 1980 Georgia Bulldogs season and the 1995 Atlanta Braves, and that's it. The Atlanta Falcons blew it in 1998 & 2012, and our Atlanta Hawks blew it last season. Also, throughout Mark Richt's career at UGA we should have won the national championship in 2002, 2007, and 2012, but there were always one or two regular losses that screwed us up. If only the college football playoff was already around 15 years ago the outcome would have been different.

You, ocarinafan, got to witness 2 Super Bowl championships with the NY Giants in 2007 and 2011, both which were against Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots. Those were magical runs thanks to y'all top tier defense. A 10-6 Giants team, in their white jerseys, on road in everybody else's own stadium, and y'all won the Super Bowl that year, unbelievable, and in 2011 as a 9-7 team, in the Wild-Card game you stomped my ATL Falcons 24-2. Went on the road the rest of the time and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl again. Oh, and how about your NY Yankees? Oh wait, you're a Mets fan that's right.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/25/16 at 1:42 pm

We're talking about throughout our history year in and year out! Machine_Head and I grew up in Georgia and has had to deal with the misery of always coming up so short of a college football national title, Super Bowl ring, or NBA title. He explained it all, the only difference it that since I was born in 1996 I haven't seen ONE championship my whole life, while he got to witness the 1995 Braves. Here in Georgia all we have is the 1980 Georgia Bulldogs season and the 1995 Atlanta Braves, and that's it. The Atlanta Falcons blew it in 1998 & 2012, and our Atlanta Hawks blew it last season. Also, throughout Mark Richt's career at UGA we should have won the national championship in 2002, 2007, and 2012, but there were always one or two regular losses that screwed us up. If only the college football playoff was already around 15 years ago the outcome would have been different.

You, ocarinafan, got to witness 2 Super Bowl championships with the NY Giants in 2007 and 2011, both which were against Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots. Those were magical runs thanks to y'all top tier defense. A 10-6 Giants team, in their white jerseys, on road in everybody else's own stadium, and y'all won the Super Bowl that year, unbelievable, and in 2011 as a 9-7 team, in the Wild-Card game you stomped my ATL Falcons 24-2. Went on the road the rest of the time and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl again.

True I guess I am being a bit of a bitch complaining, my bad

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 3:01 pm

You, ocarinafan, got to witness 2 Super Bowl championships with the NY Giants in 2007 and 2011, both which were against Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots. Those were magical runs thanks to y'all top tier defense. A 10-6 Giants team, in their white jerseys, on road in everybody else's own stadium, and y'all won the Super Bowl that year, unbelievable, and in 2011 as a 9-7 team, in the Wild-Card game you stomped my ATL Falcons 24-2. Went on the road the rest of the time and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl again. Oh, and how about your NY Yankees? Oh wait, you're a Mets fan that's right.

To be fair, the Yankees aren't even doing good. They haven't even been to the World Series since 2009, which is a big deal to their fans, since they won the most pennants AND world championships in any MLB franchise. As for the Giants, I didn't really care about their Super Bowl wins. This is coming from a person that wasn't into sports until 2012, so I haven't gave a crap about what the Giants and Jets are doing.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/25/16 at 3:28 pm

To be fair, the Yankees aren't even doing good. They haven't even been to the World Series since 2009, which is a big deal to their fans, since they won the most pennants AND world championships in any MLB franchise. As for the Giants, I didn't really care about their Super Bowl wins. This is coming from a person that wasn't into sports until 2012, so I haven't gave a crap about what the Giants and Jets are doing.

My earliest memories of sports teams is the 2002-03 season. My dad took me to plenty of UGA, Falcons, and Braves games throughout my childhood. I went to a UGA basketball game during the 2001-02 season but I didn't know what was going on then. However, I'd say I wasn't fully comprehensive on what was going on in the game until the 2008 season and onwards, like being aware of the divisions, knowing how playoffs work, drafts, all positions, etc. Since then I've always learned something new every year. From 2002-2007 I only knew popular/big names from my home teams, or what a basic first down, 3 point shooter, or touchdown was, but I couldn't pinpoint every name on a roster or other teams yet. Like in 2003 I knew who Michael Vick or Shaq were, and I knew what a touchdown was, but I wasn't an expert on other types of plays, referees, yard lines, files, off season talk, etc. Since 2008 I've been more of an expert on everything football or basketball related. Everyone knows who LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Cam Newton, or Tom Brady are. But if I could ask you in person who Kyle Korver, Dwight Howard, Vic Beasley, Reggie Jackson, Matt Jones, Jimmy Graham, or Alec Ogletree are. Would you get those names from the top of your head?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/25/16 at 6:22 pm

My earliest memories of sports teams is the 2002-03 season. My dad took me to plenty of UGA, Falcons, and Braves games throughout my childhood. I went to a UGA basketball game during the 2001-02 season but I didn't know what was going on then. However, I'd say I wasn't fully comprehensive on what was going on in the game until the 2008 season and onwards, like being aware of the divisions, knowing how playoffs work, drafts, all positions, etc. Since then I've always learned something new every year. From 2002-2007 I only knew popular/big names from my home teams, or what a basic first down, 3 point shooter, or touchdown was, but I couldn't pinpoint every name on a roster or other teams yet. Like in 2003 I knew who Michael Vick or Shaq were, and I knew what a touchdown was, but I wasn't an expert on other types of plays, referees, yard lines, files, off season talk, etc. Since 2008 I've been more of an expert on everything football or basketball related. Everyone knows who LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Cam Newton, or Tom Brady are. But if I could ask you in person who Kyle Korver, Dwight Howard, Vic Beasley, Reggie Jackson, Matt Jones, Jimmy Graham, or Alec Ogletree are. Would you get those names from the top of your head?

I would simply refer to Reggie Jackson as one of the Yankee's legends. If anybody was alive during 1977 and were a fan of MLB back then, they could remember watching him hit three home runs in Game 6 of the 1977 World Series. It would've been even cooler if they went to the old Yankee Stadium at the time.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/26/16 at 12:40 pm

Yeah, New York has certainly had it's fair share of sports heartbreaks, particularly when it comes to the Knicks (who haven't won an NBA title in, like, 50 years), but the Giants tend to balance things out. After all, they've won more Super Bowls in the last nine years than the Falcons have simply made it to in the last 49. :o

From a personal standpoint, I think the 2002 Georgia team was the biggest local sports heartbreak out of all the ones you mentioned. Nobody here thought the Falcons could beat the Denver Broncos in the '98 Super Bowl, and nobody really thought UGA had a chance against Alabama in the '12 SEC title game, but that '02 UGA team should've won the national championship that year. I consider them to be the best UGA team I've ever seen. They only lost one game all season (a nail-biter to the Gators of course) and I believe they could've beaten either Miami or Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl had they gotten the chance. Like you said, if the College Football Playoff had been around back in the early '00s, things could've been alot different.

I still remember seeing that team crush Arkansas in the 2002 SEC title game and feeling elated, but also very disappointed at the same time knowing that they would be left out of the national title game because they already had that one loss while Miami and OSU where both still undefeated. It was a very bittersweet day. :(

Written By: mqg96 on 02/26/16 at 12:50 pm

Yeah, New York has certainly had it's fair share of sports heartbreaks, particularly when it comes to the Knicks (who haven't won an NBA title in, like, 50 years), but the Giants tend to balance things out. After all, they've won more Super Bowls in the last nine years than the Falcons have simply made it to in the last 49. :o

From a personal standpoint, I think the 2002 Georgia team was the biggest local sports heartbreak out of all the ones you mentioned. Nobody here thought the Falcons could beat the Denver Broncos in the '98 Super Bowl, and nobody really thought UGA had a chance against Alabama in the '12 SEC title game, but that '02 UGA team should've won the national championship that year. I consider them to be the best UGA team I've ever seen. They only lost one game all season (a nail-biter to the Gators of course) and I believe they could've beaten either Miami or Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl had they gotten the chance. Like you said, if the College Football Playoff had been around back in the early '00s, things could've been alot different.

I still remember seeing that team crush Arkansas in the 2002 SEC title game and feeling elated, but also very disappointed at the same time knowing that they would be left out of the national title game because they already had that one loss while Miami and OSU where both still undefeated. It was a very bittersweet day. :(

These were the 4 main losses that cost UGA national titles under Mark Richt  >:(

2002 Florida Gators, 2007 South Carolina OR 2007 Tennessee, and 2012 Alabama.

In 2002 that lost to an 8-5 Florida team left us out of the BCS National Championship Game because Miami and Ohio State remained undefeated. In 2007, it was one of those lucky years where a 2 loss conference champion could have gotten in the national championship. However, ALL Georgia had to do was win against a 6-6 South Carolina team OR a lucky-ass 10-4 Tennessee team, and they would have won the SEC East that year as a 1 loss team, most likely beat LSU in the SEC title game, and beat Ohio State in the national title game. In 2012, all we had to do is spike the ball at the 5 yard line, have a few seconds to discuss what play we should run, and punch our ticket in Miami to play Notre Dame, and history says we would have definitely beaten Notre Dame that year, since in 1980 we played Notre Dame and won it that year. I'm so glad the BCS era of college football is over and it's college football playoff now. Seriously f**k that BCS system. It was always unlucky for Georgia any time they were contenders, but for LSU, Alabama, or Florida they were lucky to get in as a 1 or 2 loss team. Heck, the 2011 Alabama team did NOT win the SEC West and still got in the BCS national title game in 2011  >:( and yet the 2002 team who won the SEC title as a 13-1 team didn't get any help by the polls! It's straight up BS!!!!

Which one was the worst for you. I'd have to go with the 2012 loss to Alabama.

YIzcqArsYwI m28TWtBbKF8

0CwNVHcLp-k 9aaSMeZKlkw

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/02/16 at 4:56 pm

GREAT R&B from the year!
R3scEXPcNFs

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/16 at 3:42 am

Out of work, enjoyed the summer making new friends.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/16 at 3:13 am

March 10, 2000. One of the stock market peaks in history. The bubble just popped!

https://usatmarkets.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/nasdaq-6-18-15.jpg?w=1000&h=667

1999 and 2000 will probably be known as one of the happiest times in US history. Not a care in the world.     

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/16 at 3:28 am

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2012/07/29/arts/29CHEERLEADER1_SPAN/29CHEERLEADER1-articleLarge.jpg

Bring it on!

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/16 at 9:49 am

March 10, 2000. One of the stock market peaks in history. The bubble just popped!

1999 and 2000 will probably be known as one of the happiest times in US history. Not a care in the world.   

Those years were GOAT  8)

My Oslen Twins obsession reached its peak in 2000 with the release of the movie Ours Lips Are Sealed. I always fascinated with Australia as a country, so I was really into this movie despite it being rather terrible.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/16 at 5:31 pm

Those years were GOAT  8)

My Oslen Twins obsession reached its peak in 2000 with the release of the movie Ours Lips Are Sealed. I always fascinated with Australia as a country, so I was really into this movie despite it being rather terrible.

For me, I would have loved to live roughly 1983 to 1990. That would be GOAT for me. Mid to late '90s was great too though.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/16 at 5:33 pm

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/born2makeuhappy/britneyspears-stronger-1.jpg

Video 'Stronger' released in November of 2000.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 03/10/16 at 7:23 pm

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2012/07/29/arts/29CHEERLEADER1_SPAN/29CHEERLEADER1-articleLarge.jpg

Bring it on!

Damn I loved that movie as a kid! :D

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/born2makeuhappy/britneyspears-stronger-1.jpg

Video 'Stronger' released in November of 2000.

Britney Spears as sexy as ever :D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/16 at 8:35 pm

Damn I loved that movie as a kid! :D

Britney Spears as sexy as ever :D

So many bellybuttons!  ;D

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 03/10/16 at 8:58 pm

Lol yeah those girls were pretty attractive ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/16 at 5:02 am

Don't they feel cold?

Written By: mqg96 on 03/11/16 at 6:30 am

http://www.aolcdn.com/photogalleryassets/stylelist/966888/new-years-glasses-year-2000-1040-W-bes122010.jpg

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New-Years-Glasses-2000.jpg

I remember when you used to see these pair of glasses everywhere you went through that year. I had a pair of my own in my toy chest when I was very little.  8)

Written By: Howard on 03/11/16 at 7:28 am

That was the style back then.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/16 at 7:29 am

http://www.aolcdn.com/photogalleryassets/stylelist/966888/new-years-glasses-year-2000-1040-W-bes122010.jpg

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New-Years-Glasses-2000.jpg

I remember when you used to see these pair of glasses everywhere you went through that year. I had a pair of my own in my toy chest when I was very little.  8)

Those  were the New Year's glasses.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/11/16 at 12:20 pm

2000 was a rad year.

One of the best years for Pop Punk. blink-182's live Mark, Tom and Travis Show album was released:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Blink-182_-_The_Mark,_Tom_and_Travis_Show_(The_Enema_Strikes_Back!)_cover.jpg

Rap-Pop Punk band Zebrahead's Playmate of The Year:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/ZebraheadPlaymateoftheYear.jpg/220px-ZebraheadPlaymateoftheYear.jpg

Emo-Pop Punk band The Movielife's This Time Next Year:

https://revhq.com/images/covers/250/rev097.jpg

Sum 41's Half Hour of Power:

http://lyriki.com/images/thumb/5/51/AlbumArt-Sum_41-Half_Hour_of_Power_(2000).jpg/250px-AlbumArt-Sum_41-Half_Hour_of_Power_(2000).jpg

Midtown's Save the World, Lose the Girl:

http://www.punknews.org/images/covers/midtown-save_the_world.jpg

New Found Glory's self-titled:

https://static.punknews.org/images/covers/new_found_glory.jpg

I remember when Post-Hardcore started getting really big when Glassjaw released Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Science:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Glassjaw_-_Everything_You_Ever_Wanted_to_Know_About_Silence.jpg

And when At The Drive-In released Relationship with Command:

http://www.punknews.org/images/covers/at_the_drive-in-relationship_of_command.jpg

Emo dude Dashboard Confessional (Chris Carrabba) came out with Swiss Army Romance:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b5/DC-SAR.jpg/220px-DC-SAR.jpg

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/11/16 at 12:29 pm

Looking at all the "x-treme", goofy media that was still being released in 2002-2003, it seems that 9/11 isn't the catalyst for pop culture turning darker. If anything, it was probably the Iraq War...or Bush's re-election?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/11/16 at 12:39 pm

Looking at all the "x-treme", goofy media that was still being released in 2002-2003, it seems that 9/11 isn't the catalyst for pop culture turning darker. If anything, it was probably the Iraq War...or Bush's re-election?

I'd say so. I don't blame both those events 100% for the "darkening" of pop culture but it's clear as day when considering American Idiot and other things.

Take a look:

2002:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517jARFQ%2BrL._SY300_.jpg

2003:
http://www.in-your-face.de/sites/default/files/cdcover/va-liberation-songs-to-benefit-peta.jpg

2004:
http://cdn.discogs.com/JOSjFupBnxhAMmXkn4HGqjmPVuE=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-427951-1231028070.jpeg.jpg

Written By: Toon on 03/11/16 at 3:17 pm

2002 was still pretty wacky and upbeat last I checked. Same for most of 2003. I just assume things were getting darker due to it just being the trend at the time. Kind of makes me wonder how things would've been if Bush never got re-elected.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/11/16 at 3:41 pm

2002 was still pretty wacky and upbeat last I checked. Same for most of 2003. I just assume things were getting darker due to it just being the trend at the time. Kind of makes me wonder how things would've been if Bush never got re-elected.

Well the youth culture was MUCH different than the adult culture. In the adult world, the wackyness was NOT there for them! ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/11/16 at 3:44 pm

That was the youth culture, the adults were the ones that started the darker trend! The youth then were still trying to hold on to the Y2K era style, but the adults were the ones that helped usher in the true 00s. In the 90s, the young people were the ones that ushered in the 90s, and the adults were still trying to hold on to the 80s for a while.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/11/16 at 3:45 pm

What I just said previously, is probably the reason Jordan views all the early 00s years the same! ;D  IDK! ::) ;)

Written By: 2001 on 03/11/16 at 3:51 pm

That was the youth culture, the adults were the ones that started the darker trend! The youth then were still trying to hold on to the Y2K era style, but the adults were the ones that helped usher in the true 00s. In the 90s, the young people were the ones that ushered in the 90s, and the adults were still trying to hold on to the 80s for a while.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's true. People my age were really into that 50 Cent album in 2003, and when American Idiot came out in 2004 it was a really good medium to express our teen angst.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/11/16 at 3:53 pm

Awesome!!!
iXWIckV9wFY vi6_vqFLGoc PIPIxBQ_8xw

B7_S77vNKuc uZpbsT61y2s

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/11/16 at 3:53 pm

Now, I know this is quite possibly the worst scene and worst movie ever, but it does seem to have a Y2K "feel" to it (goofy camera angles, bright color palette) - and it was released in 2004. :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/16 at 3:56 pm

Now, I know this is quite possibly the worst scene and worst movie ever, but it does seem to have a Y2K "feel" to it (goofy camera angles, bright color palette) - and it was released in 2004. :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ
With 9% on Rotten Tomatoes, it is pretty bad.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/11/16 at 4:00 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure that's true. People my age were really into that 50 Cent album in 2003, and when American Idiot came out in 2004 it was a really good medium to express our teen angst.

Well that was my opinion not a disputed fact. ;D  But Anyway, I was talking about before the core 00s started. During the post 9/11 early 00s, The teen and even young adult culture were still hanging on to the extreme, wack, carefree and fun culture. That was not the case with the older crowd.

Written By: Toon on 03/11/16 at 4:04 pm

Funny way to explain it, but I suppose it makes sense. Looking at a lot of kid-teen fashion, music, games, commercials, cartoons, sitcoms etc they all had that upbeat/colorful vibe to them. The adult culture on the other hand was always different from the kid-teen culture in past few decades. More "serious" and "mature" where the kid-teen things can be seen as "juvenile" and "silly". 

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/11/16 at 10:47 pm

I disagree. Don't forget that I was already 18-20 in the early 00's (technically, an adult) and the main demographic at the time. People my age back then were all about loud genres like Nu Metal, Hip Hop and Pop Punk. It's Mr. SlowpokeMc2001's era of the Millennials that helped usher in the real 00's in 2003 and 2004 such as faux-Emo or other things like Crunk and 50 Cent. When you say older crowd, do you mean people in their 30's-40's because them, being middle aged, really just focus on their jobs and families and I didn't know anyone who was that old and could be into, I dunno, Hawthorne Heights to usher in the real 00's or whatever.

Yeah, like I said above, it's your little "cohort" that ushered in the real 2000's in 2003-2004. ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/16 at 11:09 pm

1999 and 2000 were really bubbly and happy. Maybe that's why teen pop was so popular during that time?

Most of 2001 was pretty happy until you-know-what, or 9/11.

Then by the Summer of 2002, things were happy and bubbly again.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/11/16 at 11:15 pm

1999 and 2000 were really bubbly and happy. Maybe that's why teen pop was so popular during that time?

Most of 2001 was pretty happy until you-know-what, or 9/11.

Then by the Summer of 2002, things were happy and bubbly again.

In my opinion, all of 2000, 2001 and 2002 felt bubbly and happy to me. :D The music on the radio, video games, fashion and the movies in theaters were all very light hearted, goofy, fun and Xtreme! during this time period. In 2003, things got all depressive and lame but it wasn't until 2004 that it became too much. I lost interest in all of that stuff.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/16 at 11:24 pm

In my opinion, all of 2000, 2001 and 2002 felt bubbly and happy to me. :D The music on the radio, video games, fashion and the movies in theaters were all very light hearted, goofy, fun and Xtreme! during this time period. In 2003, things got all depressive and lame but it wasn't until 2004 that it became too much. I lost interest in all of that stuff.

All? You mean AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL???

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/11/16 at 11:32 pm

All? You mean AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL???

Haha, yeah, ALL!

(Is this a Descendents reference you're making? ;))

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/16 at 12:43 am

Haha, yeah, ALL!

(Is this a Descendents reference you're making? ;))

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/16 at 12:44 am

And no, it wasn't a reference to Descendants.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 12:45 am

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Best song ever!

gukTnUSSHNs

And no, it wasn't a reference to Descendants.

Awww... Still, best song ever! :D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 1:34 am

I disagree. Don't forget that I was already 18-20 in the early 00's (technically, an adult) and the main demographic at the time. People my age back then were all about loud genres like Nu Metal, Hip Hop and Pop Punk. It's Mr. SlowpokeMc2001's era of the Millennials that helped usher in the real 00's in 2003 and 2004 such as faux-Emo or other things like Crunk and 50 Cent. When you say older crowd, do you mean people in their 30's-40's because them, being middle aged, really just focus on their jobs and families and I didn't know anyone who was that old and could be into, I dunno, Hawthorne Heights to usher in the real 00's or whatever.

Yeah, like I said above, it's your little "cohort" that ushered in the real 2000's in 2003-2004. ;)

Yes I meant people over 30. And when I said usher in the 00s, I meant politically and lifestyle wise, NOT musically!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 1:39 am

Yup, that's EXACTLY WAS I TALKING ABOUT EARLIER, your statement proved it too me AGAIN! ::) 
That's because you were a teen/ young adult during that time, and the people your age then were still trying to hang on to that Y2K vibe.

A COMPLETELY different story from the older crowd dealing with 9/11, post 9/11 paranoia/patriotism, fear in society etc. Politically rather than culturally they had moved forward while the younger crowd didn't.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 2:38 am

Yup, that's EXACTLY WAS I TALKING ABOUT EARLIER, your statement proved it too me AGAIN! ::) 
That's because you were a teen/ young adult during that time, and the people your age then were still trying to hang on to that Y2K vibe.

A COMPLETELY different story from the older crowd dealing with 9/11, post 9/11 paranoia/patriotism, fear in society etc. Politically rather than culturally they had moved forward while the younger crowd didn't.

I don't think there was a "Y2K vibe" for the older generation; not in the sense that it was for people my age. Pop Culture of the time is defined by teens/young adults and whatever their interests may be. You said the adults ushered in the "true 00's" but the culture of that era was totally targeted towards teens/young adults and I didn't know any middle aged adults into what was popular at the time. Concerning your last statement, I don't think it was a completely different story for older people, either. Just ask someone who was over 30 at the time how their lives specifically changed after 9/11 and you'll hear many different answers. Some might tell you "It changed everything!!! I still hide in my box" and others will say "I carried on with my life. It didn't have any affect on me or my thoughts." Concerning how people lived their lives, their workplaces and their families? It wasn't like we had World War III in America afterwards but some might of felt like this as we've always lived in a hypersensitive country. Truth is, I don't remember people being any more or less scared of terrorists (I'm sure they were but I just didn't experience too much that kind of blindfolded hysteria first hand. Thank god...) as they already were before the incident (I've told the story many times about this time I went on a road trip and my friend's mother telling me and my bud not to visit any landmarks because of a fear of a possible terrorist attack. Yes, this was before 9/11. So, I guess I did experience some blindfolded hysteria??). Speaking about politics, the majority of people in general aren't interested or don't know jacksh!t about politics so I doubt they could even move forward in the first place. One thing I did notice was you could get special 10% off discounts during the time of 9/11 so it's neat if you wanna capitalize on the "death of fellow Americans."

Written By: aja675 on 03/12/16 at 7:07 am

Young adult male of the early '00s starter pack:

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/12814162_730553440415512_5329949751213514815_n.jpg?oh=0f5cba7acd4b01975d613d1f307a23b5&oe=575D9CB9

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/12/16 at 9:40 am

I think everyone knows that the 2000s were frightening politically if you were an adult. I'm not saying every 2000s kid was happy during the decade, but the kids were more happy due to the kid culture at the time.

Written By: Toon on 03/12/16 at 3:04 pm

I think everyone knows that the 2000s were frightening politically if you were an adult. I'm not saying every 2000s kid was happy during the decade, but the kids were more happy due to the kid culture at the time.

In the  early 2000s kid-teen culture seemed pretty cool. Well first elementary school kids no nothing about political situations so it's to see how they wouldn't be frighten. Teens may understand, but whether they actually cared is another story. It's usually the adults that take part in all political situations. So it's easy to see adult culture in the 2000s as dark or scary. But kid for kids it was still pretty carefree (although I assumed it was always like this) and looking at teen culture especially during the first half of the decade it was pretty upbeat and carefree for the most part. I always thought adult culture in decades always had less in common with kid culture and teen culture. So when looking at any time period I tend to think that whatever culture is happening for the kids or teens most likely isn't the same for adults.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/12/16 at 3:14 pm

In the  early 2000s kid-teen culture seemed pretty cool. Well first elementary school kids no nothing about political situations so it's to see how they wouldn't be frighten. Teens may understand, but whether they actually cared is another story. It's usually the adults that take part in all political situations. So it's easy to see adult culture in the 2000s as dark or scary. But kid for kids it was still pretty carefree (although I assumed it was always like this) and looking at teen culture especially during the first half of the decade it was pretty upbeat and carefree for the most part. I always thought adult culture in decades always had less in common with kid culture and teen culture. So when looking at any time period I tend to think that whatever culture is happening for the kids or teens most likely isn't the same for adults.

What about teen culture in the second half of the 2000s?

Written By: Toon on 03/12/16 at 3:20 pm

What about teen culture in the second half of the 2000s?

2nd half of the 2000s in terms of teen culture was more dark and serious when compared to the first half.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 3:40 pm

Young adult male of the early '00s starter pack:

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/12814162_730553440415512_5329949751213514815_n.jpg?oh=0f5cba7acd4b01975d613d1f307a23b5&oe=575D9CB9

Haha, I love the "early 2000s starter pack" meme (if that's what it is now) ;D

http://i.imgur.com/YJ6TgJZ.jpg

(though Runescape came out of beta in early 2004, which is when it became popular)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B27vfXgIMAEYJ4k.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d28b8c9a127cbfc891827a900c548a9b/tumblr_nfir82XulB1te0a4fo1_500.jpg

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 4:02 pm

I don't think there was a "Y2K vibe" for the older generation; not in the sense that it was for people my age. Pop Culture of the time is defined by teens/young adults and whatever their interests may be. You said the adults ushered in the "true 00's" but the culture of that era was totally targeted towards teens/young adults and I didn't know any middle aged adults into what was popular at the time. Concerning your last statement, I don't think it was a completely different story for older people, either. Just ask someone who was over 30 at the time how their lives specifically changed after 9/11 and you'll hear many different answers. Some might tell you "It changed everything!!! I still hide in my box" and others will say "I carried on with my life. It didn't have any affect on me or my thoughts." Concerning how people lived their lives, their workplaces and their families? It wasn't like we had World War III in America afterwards but some might of felt like this as we've always lived in a hypersensitive country. Truth is, I don't remember people being any more or less scared of terrorists (I'm sure they were but I just didn't experience too much that kind of blindfolded hysteria first hand. Thank god...) as they already were before the incident (I've told the story many times about this time I went on a road trip and my friend's mother telling me and my bud not to visit any landmarks because of a fear of a possible terrorist attack. Yes, this was before 9/11. So, I guess I did experience some blindfolded hysteria??). Speaking about politics, the majority of people in general aren't interested or don't know jacksh!t about politics so I doubt they could even move forward in the first place. One thing I did notice was you could get special 10% off discounts during the time of 9/11 so it's neat if you wanna capitalize on the "death of fellow Americans."

OMFG! >:( >:( >:(  For god's sake, once again I said that they ushered in the 00s politically and lifetsylewise NOT CULTURALLY!
Also ask my parents and some of their friends about how they felt about that time! ::)
Whether you like it or not, a lot of them view the post 9/11 early 00s differently than you do! I Apologize, if I just came off as creep! ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/12/16 at 4:19 pm

OMFG! >:( >:( >:(  For god's sake, once again I said that they ushered in the 00s politically and lifetsylewise NOT CULTURALLY!
Also ask my parents and some of their friends about how they felt about that time! ::)
Whether you like it or not, a lot of them view the post 9/11 early 00s differently than you do! I Apologize, if I just came off as creep! ;D

I think he was joking on some points. Also, you don't have to force every adult in the 2000s to have lighter views.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 4:23 pm

I was only 10 at the time, but I did become more cynical about the world as the Iraq War raged on, for what it's worth. I feel I was too young to comprehend 9/11 though.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/12/16 at 4:31 pm

I was only 10 at the time, but I did become more cynical about the world as the Iraq War raged on, for what it's worth. I feel I was too young to comprehend 9/11 though.

It's hard to believe that it was still a pre-9/11 world my first 4 weeks of Kindergarten. Feels so ancient or prehistoric to me lol. I vaguely remember how people were reacting to 9/11, like my mom picking my sister up from preschool earlier, and Fall 2001 was the last time my dad had his Geo Prism and the last time my family had Windows 98 & dial-up, but I don't remember how bad the specific event was. Too young to understand or comprehend it obviously.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 03/12/16 at 4:53 pm

It's hard to believe that it was still a pre-9/11 world my first 4 weeks of Kindergarten. Feels so ancient or prehistoric to me lol. I vaguely remember how people were reacting to 9/11, like my mom picking my sister up from preschool earlier, and Fall 2001 was the last time my dad had his Geo Prism and the last time my family had Windows 98 & dial-up, but I don't remember how bad the specific event was. Too young to understand or comprehend it obviously.

For me it was barely a week into my Kindergarten school year when the horrific attack happened. I was also living in NY at the time so I vividly remember the pessimism and patriotism in the air after it occurred. Yeah it's crazy how we are some of the last to people to have memories of a life beforehand, even if it was hard to fully comprehend it at the time.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 6:23 pm

For me it was barely a week into my Kindergarten school year when the horrific attack happened. I was also living in NY at the time so I vividly remember the pessimism and patriotism in the air after it occurred. Yeah it's crazy how we are some of the last to people to have memories of a life beforehand, even if it was hard to fully comprehend it at the time.

All I remember from the few days after 9/11 was when someone tried to arson a local mosque that doubled as a private school. My aunt told me it was a reaction to the WTC falling down, so I thought it was the US who tried to bomb the mosque. So yeah, my understanding of 9/11 was pretty juvenile.

I also remember my parents and uncle/aunts watching replays of the airplane crash at the Pentagon non-stop. I was at my cousin's house and we wanted them to get off the TV so we could play Ecco The Dolphin on our cousins' Genesis. It was raining outside so we couldn't really play at the playground. My dad yelled at me to go play in the basement, so I think we played pretend Power Rangers down there.

You lived in NYC so you probably have scarier memories than I did. For me life didn't really change pre and post-9/11. I don't even think I found about 9/11 the day it happened, and no one really bothered telling me. I just remember those two events listed above.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/12/16 at 7:28 pm

All I remember from the few days after 9/11 was when someone tried to arson a local mosque that doubled as a private school. My aunt told me it was a reaction to the WTC falling down, so I thought it was the US who tried to bomb the mosque. So yeah, my understanding of 9/11 was pretty juvenile.

I also remember my parents and uncle/aunts watching replays of the airplane crash at the Pentagon non-stop. I was at my cousin's house and we wanted them to get off the TV so we could play Ecco The Dolphin on our cousins' Genesis. It was raining outside so we couldn't really play at the playground. My dad yelled at me to go play in the basement, so I think we played pretend Power Rangers down there.

You lived in NYC so you probably have scarier memories than I did. For me life didn't really change pre and post-9/11. I don't even think I found about 9/11 the day it happened, and no one really bothered telling me. I just remember those two events listed above.

If you were a kid during 9/11, then I guess you wouldn't really know that much. I think since I was a baby, all I did was play with toys and watch Sesame Street. The f*ck if I really care. 2001 was simply primitive to me, even if I could remember it.

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/12/16 at 7:34 pm

I'm curious: how close by was your school to the WTC when the attacks happened? Did you know any kids whose parents' were driving by the tower at the time? Must've been an indescribably intense and horrifying experience.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/16 at 7:54 pm

I, personally, did care about 9/11. If they can bomb our buildings, who knows what other worse things they can do?

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 7:57 pm

I, personally, did care about 9/11. If they can bomb our buildings, who knows what other worse things they can do?

You were 13 though (right?) so I can see why you think that. But being ages 2 to 9 (I was 8 and a half) at the time, your thinking would have been completely different. I thought planes crashing into buildings was normal ala Star Fox 64 / Rampage World Tour (N64 games), so I didn't see the big deal  :-\\

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/16 at 8:01 pm

You were 13 though (right?) so I can see why you think that. But being ages 2 to 9 (I was 8 and a half) at the time, your thinking would have been completely different. I thought planes crashing into buildings was normal ala Star Fox 64 / Rampage World Tour (N64 games), so I didn't see the big deal  :-\\

Close enough, I was 12 and 3/4, LMAO. But there were some kids that didn't care, probably because they were young like me too.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/16 at 8:02 pm

I was also too mentally ill to care too much. But I cared a little. Not to the point where I was in constant anxiety, having nightmares.  :o

Written By: Toon on 03/12/16 at 8:04 pm

Kids normally aren't the ones worrying over things like that.

Written By: Toon on 03/12/16 at 8:11 pm

Haha, I love the "early 2000s starter pack" meme (if that's what it is now) ;D

(though Runescape came out of beta in early 2004, which is when it became popular)

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d28b8c9a127cbfc891827a900c548a9b/tumblr_nfir82XulB1te0a4fo1_500.jpg

http://www.beheadingboredom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/early-2000s-starter-pack-just-got-home-from-school.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 8:14 pm

Close enough, I was 12 and 3/4, LMAO. But there were some kids that didn't care, probably because they were young like me too.

LOL I thought you were slightly older because you keep calling me "youngin'"  ;D You're not that much older. You are a "useless pansy post-1987 millennial" like me, as Jordan would say it. ;D

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 03/12/16 at 8:15 pm

Yeah geograophy is an important factor to take into account. Someone born in 93' where I live would most definitely remember 9/11 (and I'd argue through the lens of an adult), but its totally plausible for a 93er in California to either remember through the lens of a child, or just barely remembering it. So thanks for this perspective, it was very interesting hearing your experience.

In many ways, my childhood was still relatively peaceful and joyful. I don't think I truly lost my innocence in all honesty until I got to middle school. Its like mqg has said, I never learned about 9/11 in school like most people born after 1997/8 did, It's something I've always known about and living in the NY area, despite not remembering everything and comprehending terrorism, I do have a physical connection to it. Heck we got cable in our household because of that horrific event because the TV signals in our house died out when the North Tower collasped (it had a huge attena, which had many of the local broadcasts stations signaled to). So in a very horrific and surreal way to think about, if the event never happened I would've most likely never gotten fully into cable channels like Nick or CN, and probably watching Saturday Morning Cartoons for several more years until we were able to afford it, and or I would just simply outgrow kiddy program.

That's the rollercoast of life in a nutshell. I just hope we never experience another national disaster like that ever again...

I'm curious: how close by was your school to the WTC when the attacks happened? Did you know any kids whose parents' were driving by the tower at the time? Must've been an indescribably intense and horrifying experience.

I lived in Brooklyn NY at the time close to the Verrazano Bridge, so the complete opposite way from Lower Manhattan. However, there was tons of smoke in the NY Area for days, regardless of how far you were. Heck I have some friends where I live now in NJ and they even said that there was some smoke here. Also, yeah I have a few friends that had parents that either worked or were close to the Towers. Thankfully they are all safe today

Yeah at age 13 you most definitely remember the fear of that day!

http://www.beheadingboredom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/early-2000s-starter-pack-just-got-home-from-school.jpg

Its So RADICAL It hurts ;D

LOL I thought you were slightly older because you keep calling me "youngin'"  ;D You're not that much older. You are a "useless pansy post-1987 millennial" like me, as Jordan would say it. ;D

So what does that make us 95/6-00 Cuspers? Stupid Y/Z Swagggers!? ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 8:27 pm

What is TRL in that picture?

Yeah geograophy is an important factor to take into account. Someone born in 93' where I live would most definitely remember 9/11 (and I'd argue through the lens of an adult), but its totally plausible for a 93er in California to either remember through the lens of a child, or just barely remembering it. So thanks for this perspective, it was very interesting hearing your experience.

In many ways, my childhood was still relatively peaceful and joyful. I don't think I truly lost my innocence in all honesty until I got to middle school. Its like mqg has said, I never learned about 9/11 in school like most people born after 1997/8 did, It's something I've always known about and living in the NY area, despite not remembering everything and comprehending terrorism, I do have a physical connection to it. Heck we got cable in our household because of that horrific event because the TV signals in our house died out when the North Tower collasped (it had a huge attena, which had many of the local broadcasts stations signaled to). So in a very horrific and surreal way to think about, if the event never happened I would've most likely never gotten fully into cable channels like Nick or CN, and probably watching Saturday Morning Cartoons for several more years until we were able to afford it, and or I would just simply outgrow kiddy program.

That's the rollercoast of life in a nutshell. I just hope we never experience another national disaster like that ever again...

I lived in Brooklyn NY at the time close to the Verrazano Bridge, so the complete opposite way from Lower Manhattan. However, there was tons of smoke in the NY Area for days, regardless of how far you were. Heck I have some friends where I live now in NJ and they even said that there was some smoke here. Also, yeah I have a few friends that had parents that either worked or were close to the Towers. Thankfully they are all safe today

Yeah at age 13 you most definitely remember the fear of that day!

Its So RADICAL It hurts ;D

So what does that make us 95/6-00 Cuspers? Stupid Y/Z Swagggers!? ;D

Damn, I didn't even think of that! That people would have to learn about 9/11 in a history book.  :o 

You're not a "real 2000s teen that listens to Hawthorne Heights and Fall Out Boy" so you might be spared. Although, I did like Fall Out Boy's 2007 album, and it was semi-popular, so maybe you are still caught in the blast radius since you were 11 then.  ;) Come into our shame circle.

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/12/16 at 8:30 pm

Slightly OT, but I believe the "dated-ness" of the early 00s is due to the rapid advances in technology, filming equipment, etc. during the decade.

I was watching Nostalgia Critic's review of the movie Osmosis Jones, and noticed how it looked (and sounded) rather like a "blurry" mid-90s movie, like Ace Ventura. But then, in his review for The Dark Knight, the movie looked like it was made yesterday.

Also, around 2000-2003, most cartoons/anime were still being done on 35mm, but around 2004, they switched to Xeroxing for a "cleaner" look. Oddly, cell filming tends to make films look like they're ANCIENT compared to digital films - even if they were made at the exact same time!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 8:37 pm

Oh I DEFINITELY remember how bad it was! I was just too young to fully understand it then!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 8:37 pm

Alright guys let's get back to talking about the year 2000, this 9/11 talk is too grim.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 8:45 pm

Alright guys let's get back to talking about the year 2000, this 9/11 talk is too grim.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/smxbuae3sb6crwahako2.jpg

This is 2000 in a nutshell. It was one big party! It was a grand adventure complete with costumes! :D

Written By: mqg96 on 03/12/16 at 8:53 pm

That's why on my 2001 thread I warned everybody not to mention 9/11 once and focus on the positives only.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 8:54 pm

That's why on my 2001 thread I warned everybody not to mention 9/11 once and focus on the positives only.

Yeah, that was SMART! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 9:31 pm

What is TRL in that picture?

Damn, I didn't even think of that! That people would have to learn about 9/11 in a history book.  :o 

You're not a "real 2000s teen that listens to Hawthorne Heights and Fall Out Boy" so you might be spared. Although, I did like Fall Out Boy's 2007 album, and it was semi-popular, so maybe you are still caught in the blast radius since you were 11 then.  ;) Come into our shame circle.

Yeah, wuss. "omg ohio iz 4 luvrz~ hawthrone heights my fav early 00's band along lol." Swag kidz aren't safe, either, though.

>:( (;D ;))

People have different experiences, young or old. I'm not out to change anyone's mind about pre or post 9/11 and the (mighty) early 00's (although, I do spit the facts as I'm the master decadeologist historian :D), I'm just expressing my opinion about the situation from my experiences living through it. Like I said, I don't doubt how your parents and their friends felt but the people in my life didn't express the same feelings. But no worries! it's cool, man. ;)

Anyway, back to 2000 talk!

Those starter packs a are bit inaccurate!!

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 03/12/16 at 9:55 pm

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/smxbuae3sb6crwahako2.jpg

This is 2000 in a nutshell. It was one big party! It was a grand adventure complete with costumes! :D

The year 2000 was like the 1991 of the early 2000s. It was no longer 1999 anymore, but it still felt like more of a continuation to the previous year than 2001 was. Shows like Beverly Hills 90210 were cancelled, while '00s and early '10s shows like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation were being released.

The very early '00s (1999-2001) were better than the other periods, in my opinion, but one thing got on my nerves in the last months of the year 2000: Big Mouth Billy Bass. Give me the Rubik Cube or the sound activated Green Machine Frog Band any day over Big Mouth Billy Bass.  I never understood how Billy Bass was such a hit with children of that time. It was very annoying. To each it's own, I guess. Not everything is for everybody.  ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 9:56 pm

The year 2000 was like the 1991 of the early 2000s. It was no longer 1999 anymore, but it still felt like more of a continuation to the previous year than 2001 was. Shows like Beverly Hills 90210 were cancelled, while '00s and early '10s shows like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation were being released.

The very early '00s (1999-2001) were better than the other periods, in my opinion, but one thing got on my nerves in the last months of the year 2000: Big Mouth Billy Bass. Give me the Rubik Cube or the sound activated Green Machine Frog Band any day over Big Mouth Billy Bass.  I never understood how Billy Bass was such a hit with children of that time. It was very annoying. To each it's own, I guess. Not everything is for everybody.  ::)

Do you like The Get Up Kids?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 10:01 pm

Spot on description of 2000 and the very early 00s in general!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 10:02 pm

Yeah, wuss. "omg ohio iz 4 luvrz~ hawthrone heights my fav early 00's band along lol." Swag kidz aren't safe, either, though.

>:( ( ;D ;) )

People have different experiences, young or old. I'm not out to change anyone's mind about pre or post 9/11 and the (mighty) early 00's (although, I do spit the facts as I'm the master decadeologist historian :D ), I'm just expressing my opinion about the situation from my experiences living through it. Like I said, I don't doubt how your parents and their friends felt but the people in my life didn't express the same feelings. But no worries! it's cool, man. ;)

Once again, I apologize if I came across as an asshole earlier! ;) ;D ;D ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 10:04 pm

Once again, I apologize if I came across as an asshole earlier! ;) ;D ;D ;D

It's cool, dude, thanks! :) ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 10:17 pm

omg early 00'z emo lol reminds me of myspace in 2000 wit bandz lik hawthrone heights from first 2 last n aiden

https://i.gyazo.com/0d02fe6a20dad1f8a2a934218ea5d695.png

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 10:24 pm

I don't get how emo is "early 2000s" to anyone. I mean, it was popular in 2004 which is early 2000s to some, but it was also there in 2007/2008. Seems to me 2004-2008 deserves the designation of late 2000s rather than early 2000s. ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 10:29 pm

I don't get how emo is "early 2000s" to anyone. I mean, it was popular in 2004 which is early 2000s to some, but it was also there in 2007/2008. Seems to me 2004-2008 deserves the designation of late 2000s rather than early 2000s. ;D

How is the Black Veil Brides early 00's, either!? They formed in 2006 and their debut came out in 2010 for god sakes!!! I hear someone refer to some Boys Like Girls song from 2009 as "early 2000's" as well. What the f*ck!

What was popular in 2004 was already a completely different world than 2000-2003. Only real Emo like Jimmy Eat World, The Movielife, The Get Up Kids, Jets to Brazil, Northstar, Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday and real Post-Hardcore like Glassjaw, Finch, Thursday, The Used and At The Drive-In (all their early pre-04 stuff) are early 00's. Those bands are so far removed from "ohio iz 4 luvrz~ </3" and what Emo means to the general public these days. I agree! 2004-2008 = late 00's!! ;D

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 03/12/16 at 10:41 pm

Do you like The Get Up Kids?

Never heard of them.

I may have to give them a listen. Thank you.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 10:44 pm

Never heard of them.

I may have to give them a listen. Thank you.

You brought them up in another thread, remember? ??? :P It was this time when we were taking the piss in that one thread:

How could the black haired MySpace emo look define the entire 2000s time when that look did not appear until 2005?

The Get Up Kids fans were wearing black hair dye in 1999, but MySpace was not created until 2003.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Not a very accurate statement (Thursday and Locust fans were dying their hair black in 1998 and 1999, though. Get Up Kids were more for the preppy frosted tip crowd like Saves the Day had. Sorry, I just had to ;D) but that's why I ask. I want to know what you think about their music.

I'm a big fan. They're an Emo band (but, like most people and bands, they hate the term and try to disassociate from it), here's some songs from their 1997-2002 albums:

oSjbej5FbKg

OgqxFcVD89M

Lgc6DCvfdTw

VrZd2Z1rJrg

Let me know what you think! ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 10:45 pm

That's it, I'm coming out and saying it...

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH LIKING EMO POP AND AIR-GUITARING IT TO PARAMORE'S "IGNORANCE". PETE WENTZ IS MY HUSBANDO.

POST-87 MILLENNIALS >>>>> PRE-87 MILLENNIALS FOR LYFE.

You old people are just jealous of our hip new ways. ;D

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/george-jefferson-gance-o.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/hasselhoffli0.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/McHammer.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/gaymower2.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/stfu.gif

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 10:50 pm

That's it, I'm coming out and saying it...

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH LIKING EMO POP AND AIR-GUITARING IT TO PARAMORE'S "IGNORANCE". PETE WENTZ IS MY HUSBANDO.

POST-87 MILLENNIALS >>>>> PRE-87 MILLENNIALS FOR LYFE.

You old people are just jealous of our hip new ways. ;D

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/george-jefferson-gance-o.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/hasselhoffli0.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/McHammer.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/gaymower2.gif
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/stfu.gif

Oh god... This is a new meme? 8-P

(faux)Emo Pop sucks. Emo Pop Punk, on the other hand, kicks ass. ;) Lifetime, Movielife and Get Up Kids are rad bands. Fall Out Boy was only good for two EP's (they were never Emo, though. Pure Pop Punk with Emo tints; similar to New Found Glory). What's wrong with Stumpy, though? Is he not good enough for you!? Paramore also has nothing to do with Emo at all. Them and Panic at the Disco are so far from what Emo actually is that it's sad.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 11:00 pm

Oh god... This is a new meme? 8-P

(faux)Emo Pop sucks. Emo Pop Punk, on the other hand, kicks ass. ;) Lifetime, Movielife and Get Up Kids are rad bands. Fall Out Boy was only good for two EP's (they were never Emo, though. Pure Pop Punk with Emo tints; similar to New Found Glory). What's wrong with Stumpy, though? Is he not good enough for you!? Paramore also has nothing to do with Emo at all. Them and Panic at the Disco are so far from what Emo actually is that it's sad.

Hey it's called emo pop for a reason. It doesn't have to be "real emo", and honestly I don't think anyone cares for what "real emo" is, the term has been co-opted by the 2000s emo.  8) And I don't care no more, those songs are fun and original in their own right, they didn't regurgitate 90s stuff and I think that's a good thing. Fall Out Boy's 2005 album poops all over their 2003 one. End of duscussion.  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 11:06 pm

Hey it's called emo pop for a reason. It doesn't have to be "real emo", and honestly I don't think anyone cares for what "real emo" is, the term has been co-opted by the 2000s emo.  8) And I don't care no more, those songs are fun and original in their own right, they didn't regurgitate 90s stuff and I think that's a good thing. Fall Out Boy's 2005 album poops all over their 2003 one. End of duscussion.  8)

I care! >:( You know there's a whole Emo Revival happening right now? It's a bunch of people into Midwestern mid 90's Emo trying to bring it back to that era. I don't like it (the revival. I like the mid 90's stuff) much and some of them seem to think that Emo went all Hawthrone Heights in 2000 (which isn't true but, on the other hand, a lot of people agree the age of real Emo ended in 2003). Original? I guess. They kind of started that whole Fueled By Ramen scene and sound in 2003 along with blink-182 (with the untitled record). The only good 2003 Fall Out Boy is Evening Out With Your Girlfriend (which poops all over both Cork Tree and Take This To Your Grave. That mini-album was recorded in 2002 and that's when it should of come out). Take This To Your Grave does kinda suck but Cork Tree is not at all better. End of discussion. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 11:12 pm

I heard about the revival and I'm not a huge fan. Now if they continued where they left off I would be very happy. :P :P :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 11:15 pm

I heard about the revival and I'm not a huge fan. Now if they continued where they left off I would be very happy. :P :P :P

Neither am I. I would much rather people focus more on imitating the original Pop Punk-Emo bands like Lifetime, The Startling Line, The Get Up Kids and, last but not least, The Movielife.

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 11:16 pm

Neither am I. I would much rather people focus more on imitating the original Pop Punk-Emo bands like Lifetime, The Startling Line, The Get Up Kids and, last but not least, The Movielife.

It's never going to sound as good as the original. (except The Offspring, they're still good.  :D) You may as well give up the dream, and learn to dance to Neon Trees.  ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 11:21 pm

It's never going to sound as good as the original. (except The Offspring, they're still good.  :D) You may as well give up the dream, and learn to dance to Neon Trees.  ;)

If you think The Offspring still sounds good, you might be deaf! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D They're definitely not Emo, though! Neon Trees will never be as good as The Movielife. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 11:23 pm

If you think The Offspring still sounds good, you might be deaf! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D They're definitely not Emo, though! Neon Trees will never be as good as The Movielife. ;)

I thought Coming For You was a catchy song!  >:( But I read that as "Pop Punk" and not "Pop Punk-Emo"  :-[ I didn't know "pop-punk emo" was a thing. Is that supposed to be like In the Middle? I will check out The Movielife, but if I can't dance to it then it sucks. :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 11:27 pm

I thought Coming For You was a catchy song!  >:( But I read that as "Pop Punk" and not "Pop Punk-Emo"  :-Pkif7zqig14

kPLYM7eYuxM

R98MZSEFy8o

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 11:42 pm

I like "This Time Next Year", and before you linked those songs I was listening to "Jamestown" which I also liked.

But Neon Trees is better! They make me happy. :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/12/16 at 11:45 pm

I like "This Time Next Year", and before you linked those songs I was listening to "Jamestown" which I also liked.

But Neon Trees is better! They make me happy. :D

This Time Next Year totally rules! What about the other two? Both of those are rad songs! Jamestown is also pretty sweet; it goes along the lines of Post-Hardcore more than Pop Punk, if you ask me.

The Movielife > Neon Trees ;)

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/16 at 11:59 pm

This Time Next Year totally rules! What about the other two? Both of those are rad songs! Jamestown is also pretty sweet; it goes along the lines of Post-Hardcore more than Pop Punk, if you ask me.

The Movielife > Neon Trees ;)

I didn't like the third one honestly. The first one was good too though.

I got recommended "I feel fine" by the Riddlin' Kids by Spotify, and I liked it. There's a few other rock songs on that playlist that I haven't got to yet.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 12:02 am

I didn't like the third one honestly. The first one was good too though.

I got recommended "I feel fine" by the Riddlin' Kids by Spotify, and I liked it. There's a few other rock songs on that playlist that I haven't got to yet.

Oh well. That one's also on This Time Next Year but at least you liked the first one (that is one of their best songs).

Oh rad! That's the song with that video where they're in the pizza shop and the dude gets his ass kicked.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 12:10 am

Oh well. That one's also on This Time Next Year but at least you liked the first one (that is one of their best songs).

Oh rad! That's the song with that video where they're in the pizza shop and the dude gets his ass kicked.

LOL I had a feeling it sounded familiar.  ;D Being in the 2000 thread, I'll have to say SR-71 was one of the first rock bands with their song "Right Now".  :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 12:16 am

LOL I had a feeling it sounded familiar.  ;D Being in the 2000 thread, I'll have to say SR-71 was one of the first rock bands with their song "Right Now".  :D

Yep! That video is pure 2000-2002. It is the picture picture that of that era along with Girl All The Bad Guys Want, You're Not Alone, In Too Deep, Fat Lip, Three's a Charm and Little Things! Man, he even gets his ass kicked by Bubba when he found him with his wife! All it needed was some Nu Metallers! First rock band? You mean Pop Punk? SR-71 wasn't even the first... ???

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 12:28 am

Yep! That video is pure 2000-2002. It is the picture picture that of that era along with Girl All The Bad Guys Want, You're Not Alone, In Too Deep, Fat Lip, Three's a Charm and Little Things! Man, he even gets his ass kicked by Bubba when he found him with his wife! All it needed was some Nu Metallers! First rock band? You mean Pop Punk? SR-71 wasn't even the first... ???

Sorry, I meant one of the first rock band I got into LOL Obviously they're not the first rock band ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBaCEZJfJA

Also not pop-punk, but this song was on Bruce Almighty and I still listen to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pAlEwFJ4hE

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 12:52 am

Sorry, I meant one of the first rock band I got into LOL Obviously they're not the first rock band ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBaCEZJfJA

Also not pop-punk, but this song was on Bruce Almighty and I still listen to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pAlEwFJ4hE

You know, to be honest, I've never been huge on SR-71. The first album was ok and the second album was a weird Nu Metal/Post-Grunge album (so, of course, I didn't like it). I haven't heard anything past that aside from 1985 (which is kinda annoying). That music video is pretty much my life in the early 00's. You know, being chased by girls constantly.

Oh, I remember this! This sounds like a slightly most Post-Grungy Goo Goo Dolls.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 12:57 am

What about the Bowling For Soup's version of 1985? I liked that one ;D (and thought it was the original)

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/13/16 at 1:32 am

mqg, Eazy E-Man, ocarinafan, and Slowpoke: you might enjoy this video. It perfectly captures the 1999-2003 "essence".
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5tWMdoQdg

Written By: Toon on 03/13/16 at 3:37 am

mqg, Eazy E-Man, ocarinafan, and Slowpoke: you might enjoy this video. It perfectly captures the 1999-2003 "essence".

Spongebob was pretty much an icon in the early '00s (and some see it as the golden age of Spongebob due to having the original writers in 1999-2003)

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/13/16 at 3:57 am

I think using Flutes of chi made the video much more emotionally rich than it would've been otherwise.

Written By: aja675 on 03/13/16 at 6:20 am

What makes them inaccurate?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 7:07 am

What makes them inaccurate?

Everything is accurate here except for the shoes and dress shirt. They should be Vans or Converse shoes and I don't remember many people wearing shirts like that back then. I'm glad they included dickies and 3/4 shorts. Everyone either wore Hurley, Dickies or Hilfiger back then.

Apparently Runescape didn't go out of Beta until 2004 and that's when it became popular (I never played it so I wouldn't know. I will just have to take da poke's word) so it's not very early 00's at all, but these shirts look more like it. Hybrid Theory was huge from 2000-2002 along with Untouchables, Infest and Hot Dog Chocolate Starfish Waters. Bad memories... :-\\ (;D ;D ;D)

This is like... the 1993 to 2006 hip hop look? So yeah, it existed from 2000-2003 and is pretty accurate.

Now this is becoming personal... The Guy Fieri/Smash Mouth/Insane Clown Posse hair is perfect but where'd the wristbands, shoes and dog tags come from?? That looks more like hip hop fashion. Nobody I knew would be caught in shoes like that; we wore vans or converse. Dog tags aren't a distinct fashion, either. We wore Puka Shell or short chain necklaces more often. The shorts are fine but they're not distinct dickies shorts.

This is 2000-2002 to a T but I never drank much Sunny D (it is for kids and I am an adult so I drink adult drinks like Coke and Pepsi). All the girls (and Nu Metal guys) loved watching TRL, though.

What about the Bowling For Soup's version of 1985? I liked that one ;D (and thought it was the original)

Yeah, it's an improvement but I prefer songs like Thirteen, Girl All The Bad Guys Want and Emily. At least they didn't go Nu Metal.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 8:24 am

Jordan's Early 2000's Starter Pack!!!!!

(1998-2002)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Aaq7yXXgDBY/TWTY0TLwPnI/AAAAAAAAAAk/dleJrB_Uc4A/s1600/Sum41.jpg
https://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type=download&image=43210&section=2
https://i.gyazo.com/36b5cab1276e18d0748f36d7a8297eff.png
https://i.gyazo.com/1bf3d8beeb6f0f0c7951b21b1d43e4a7.png
http://dyingscene.com/wp-content/uploads/good-charlotte1.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZAMRZObzL.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/67/14/cb/6714cb2bc677c6ba39871d57fce56cbe.jpg
http://flyersgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hurley-logo.jpghttps://www.wholesaleclearance.co.uk/uploads/cat/259e.jpghttp://workingperson.com/media/catalog/category/dickies_logo_01_4.jpghttp://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1500/ac84d/products/1200/images/2680/Converse_Logo_And_Name_Stacked__89987.1337022028.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
https://i.gyazo.com/1aa964ec192790e94aacf781fed9f16e.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/51d4927d5d854a5f355ec5658e32535c.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/96bb68284c9e3d219b3eb06b3394c1f9.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/eb339f07374d88b0c11f5b774c644221.png
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81MthfSRYnL._SL1500_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61mE2SbbPwL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bmMOa6tJL.jpghttps://noahliebermanmusic.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/blink1-enemao_19.jpg
https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/c5eb9407-caeb-4303-b383-6929aa94021c/albumcover/infest-52d41060d35cd.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TxK3R9FeL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/613BBVSBnEL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rOLSM-pTL.jpg
https://cdn.discogs.com/BBphzfH0zpeGniNfT5aKcabLJGc=/fit-in/600x594/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(96)/discogs-images/R-782780-1413827387-6862.jpeg.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/New_Found_Glory_(album).pnghttps://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type=download&image=127019&section=2http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/groundctrl/media/12/04/release_images/assets/large.WxpuiOe9FDfZOqqVyKEo2ksL3n5Yd3JuAu3fzUyLfjw.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y5we%2BZcyL.jpghttp://scottmurphymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Allister-2002-Last-Stop-Suburbia1-1024x1024.jpghttps://images.rapgenius.com/b2e0553d618c63c76bf6a2f3418e0a9e.953x953x1.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gI1KWis5L.jpg
http://images.rapgenius.com/54ws9f3gi86oww1er9ieaqitn.1000x1000x1.jpghttp://static.idolator.com/uploads/2013/07/10/beastie-boys-hello-nasty.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/korn/images/6/64/Untouchables.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100215214638https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Swollenmembers_balance_cover.jpg
http://www.beatdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/glassjaw-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-silence-album-cover-large.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/The_Used_(album).jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81v-gWofm4L._SL1425_.jpghttp://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/351/MI0000351366.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
http://cdn.pitchfork.com/news/38431/c96a9d4b.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lyricwiki/images/6/64/Keepsake_-_The_Things_I_Would_Say.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090621004438https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Thrice_-_The_Illusion_of_Safety_cover.jpghttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/3EGO9PANZDc/maxresdefault.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91aGEMiCMYL._SL1500_.jpghttps://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/thegetupkids_something.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-QcR1YIenBs/Sw8XY52U7NI/AAAAAAAAAEU/VvDYOdWu0s4/s1600/knapsack+this+conversation.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lyricwiki/images/3/32/The_Movielife_-_This_Time_Next_Year.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120109165148
https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/your-favorite-weapon-51435f015238c.jpghttp://www.nuclearblast.de/static/articles/179/179098.jpg/1000x1000.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513seObyj6L.jpghttp://www.punknews.org/images/covers/the_movielife-has_a_gambling_problem.jpg
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/canthardlywait/assets/images/onesheet.jpghttp://www.filmovizija.studio/static/movies-img/6a05d7ff2/6a05d7ff2.jpghttp://dvd.box.sk/newsimg/dvdmov/max1359942900-inlay-cover.jpghttp://thatwasabitmental.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/natm_poster.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/89/NewGuyPoster.jpg/215px-NewGuyPoster.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 10:49 am

That's not a starter pack, that's collector's edition lmao.

Man, such a great show.  :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 10:54 am

That's not a starter pack, that's collector's edition lmao.

You talkin' sh!t on my starter pack? >:(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/13/16 at 10:55 am

You talkin' sh!t on my starter pack? >:(

Nah, he's saying it's more like a collector's edition, rather than a starter pack.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 10:59 am

Nah, he's saying it's more like a collector's edition, rather than a starter pack.

I don't see why anyone would go to other starter packs. My starter pack is the quintessential early 00's starter pack.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 11:02 am

I don't see why anyone would go to other starter packs. My starter pack is the quintessential early 00's starter pack.

It's too big to be a starter pack. A pack of Yu-gi-oh cards only have 9 cards in them :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 11:05 am

It's too big to be a starter pack. A pack of Yu-gi-oh cards only have 9 cards in them :P

Jordan Brandâ„¢ Starter Packs for the Early 00's usually have a couple hundred items in them. How else would you capture the essence of the early 00's? If I don't do this, cretins will not learn and start to call MySpace and Hawthorne Heights "early 00's." 8-P Now you see why the starter packs have to be big. Yu Gi Oh isn't as impressive as my stuff.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 11:15 am

Jordan Brandâ„¢ Starter Packs for the Early 00's usually have a couple hundred items in them. How else would you capture the essence of the early 00's? If I don't do this, cretins will not learn and start to call MySpace and Hawthorne Heights "early 00's." 8-P Now you see why the starter packs have to be big. Yu Gi Oh isn't as impressive as my stuff.

Sounds expensive compared to other brands.  :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 11:17 am

Sounds expensive compared to other brands.  :P

It's because I have expensive taste. The early 00's (1998/1999/2000/2001/2002 -- so-so 2003) are for people with class.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 11:22 am

It's because I have expensive taste. The early 00's (1998/1999/2000/2001/2002 -- so-so 2003) are for people with class.

I think I'm going to take the edgy kids pack. Runescape existed in 2001 so it is still technically a part of spirit of '01. ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 11:24 am

I think I'm going to take the edgy kids pack. Runescape existed in 2001 so it is still technically a part of spirit of '01. ;)

You mean the spirit of 1998? The spirit of 1998 didn't end until 2003 when we were walking towards 2004. If Runescape was only in beta mode until 2004 then it does not represent the spirit of 1998.

Go with my starter pack. It comes with free peroxide.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/16 at 2:55 pm

Kids normally aren't the ones worrying over things like that.

What were they worried about?

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 3:43 pm

You mean the spirit of 1998? The spirit of 1998 didn't end until 2003 when we were walking towards 2004. If Runescape was only in beta mode until 2004 then it does not represent the spirit of 1998.

Go with my starter pack. It comes with free peroxide.

First half of 2004 is early 2000s to some people.  :D It came out of beta in March 2004 I believe.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/16 at 7:16 pm

First half of 2004 is early 2000s to some people.  :D It came out of beta in March 2004 I believe.

No!

Here's a photo from early 2004 (around February, too):
https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpnd8acTXQ1qko0x8o1_500.jpg

I'm sorry but that style and From First to Last isn't "early 2000's." >:(

Written By: Toon on 03/14/16 at 8:17 am

Jordan's Early 2000's Starter Pack!!!!!

(1998-2002)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Aaq7yXXgDBY/TWTY0TLwPnI/AAAAAAAAAAk/dleJrB_Uc4A/s1600/Sum41.jpg
https://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type=download&image=43210&section=2
https://i.gyazo.com/36b5cab1276e18d0748f36d7a8297eff.png
https://i.gyazo.com/1bf3d8beeb6f0f0c7951b21b1d43e4a7.png
http://dyingscene.com/wp-content/uploads/good-charlotte1.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZAMRZObzL.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/67/14/cb/6714cb2bc677c6ba39871d57fce56cbe.jpg
http://flyersgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hurley-logo.jpghttps://www.wholesaleclearance.co.uk/uploads/cat/259e.jpghttp://workingperson.com/media/catalog/category/dickies_logo_01_4.jpghttp://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1500/ac84d/products/1200/images/2680/Converse_Logo_And_Name_Stacked__89987.1337022028.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
https://i.gyazo.com/1aa964ec192790e94aacf781fed9f16e.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/51d4927d5d854a5f355ec5658e32535c.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/96bb68284c9e3d219b3eb06b3394c1f9.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/eb339f07374d88b0c11f5b774c644221.png
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81MthfSRYnL._SL1500_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61mE2SbbPwL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bmMOa6tJL.jpghttps://noahliebermanmusic.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/blink1-enemao_19.jpg
https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/c5eb9407-caeb-4303-b383-6929aa94021c/albumcover/infest-52d41060d35cd.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TxK3R9FeL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/613BBVSBnEL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rOLSM-pTL.jpg
https://cdn.discogs.com/BBphzfH0zpeGniNfT5aKcabLJGc=/fit-in/600x594/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(96)/discogs-images/R-782780-1413827387-6862.jpeg.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/New_Found_Glory_(album).pnghttps://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type=download&image=127019&section=2http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/groundctrl/media/12/04/release_images/assets/large.WxpuiOe9FDfZOqqVyKEo2ksL3n5Yd3JuAu3fzUyLfjw.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y5we%2BZcyL.jpghttp://scottmurphymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Allister-2002-Last-Stop-Suburbia1-1024x1024.jpghttps://images.rapgenius.com/b2e0553d618c63c76bf6a2f3418e0a9e.953x953x1.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gI1KWis5L.jpg
http://images.rapgenius.com/54ws9f3gi86oww1er9ieaqitn.1000x1000x1.jpghttp://static.idolator.com/uploads/2013/07/10/beastie-boys-hello-nasty.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/korn/images/6/64/Untouchables.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100215214638https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Swollenmembers_balance_cover.jpg
http://www.beatdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/glassjaw-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-silence-album-cover-large.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/The_Used_(album).jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81v-gWofm4L._SL1425_.jpghttp://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/351/MI0000351366.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
http://cdn.pitchfork.com/news/38431/c96a9d4b.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lyricwiki/images/6/64/Keepsake_-_The_Things_I_Would_Say.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090621004438https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Thrice_-_The_Illusion_of_Safety_cover.jpghttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/3EGO9PANZDc/maxresdefault.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91aGEMiCMYL._SL1500_.jpghttps://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/thegetupkids_something.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-QcR1YIenBs/Sw8XY52U7NI/AAAAAAAAAEU/VvDYOdWu0s4/s1600/knapsack+this+conversation.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lyricwiki/images/3/32/The_Movielife_-_This_Time_Next_Year.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120109165148
https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/your-favorite-weapon-51435f015238c.jpghttp://www.nuclearblast.de/static/articles/179/179098.jpg/1000x1000.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513seObyj6L.jpghttp://www.punknews.org/images/covers/the_movielife-has_a_gambling_problem.jpg
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/canthardlywait/assets/images/onesheet.jpghttp://www.filmovizija.studio/static/movies-img/6a05d7ff2/6a05d7ff2.jpghttp://dvd.box.sk/newsimg/dvdmov/max1359942900-inlay-cover.jpghttp://thatwasabitmental.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/natm_poster.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/89/NewGuyPoster.jpg/215px-NewGuyPoster.jpg

So much early '00s that it hurts.  :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 8:32 am

So much early '00s that it hurts.  :o

It is the quintessential early 00's Starter Pack. Can you believe Trollpoke thinks it's a "collectors edition!?" He doesn't understand! >:(

Written By: cool123 on 03/14/16 at 8:37 am

Dude At the Drive In's album Relationship In Command is one of the best albums of the 2000s

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 8:38 am

Dude At the Drive In's album Relationship In Command is one of the best albums of the 2000s

I agree. At The Drive-In are f*ckin' sick! One of the best Post-Hardcore bands I've ever seen.

Written By: cool123 on 03/14/16 at 8:41 am

I agree. At The Drive-In are f*ckin' sick! One of the best Post-Hardcore bands I've ever seen.

Yes this is the campaign slithered entrails in the cargo bay.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 8:44 am

Yes this is the campaign slithered entrails in the cargo bay.

Man, I remember way back when One Armed Scissor was a huge hit. That entire album front-to-back kicks ass.

Written By: Toon on 03/14/16 at 8:44 am

I may try my hand at making my own early 00's starter pack.  Although I'd probably go overboard and include too many things from TV shows, Games, Movies, Fashion, Music, and everything else that relates to early 00's culture.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 8:46 am

I may try my hand at making my own early 00's starter pack.  Although I'd probably go overboard and include too many things from TV shows, Games, Movies, Fashion, Music, and everything else that relates to early 00's culture.

It's a good thing I didn't go overboard with my starter pack. ;D

Written By: cool123 on 03/14/16 at 8:49 am

Long live the real 2000s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqPOhrQUiw

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 8:51 am

Long live the real 2000s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqPOhrQUiw

I dunno, man. Post-Hardcore from 1998-2003 is much better than from 2003/2004-onward.

Glassjaw smokes anything from the real 00's:

sVEepmETMbs

Written By: cool123 on 03/14/16 at 8:55 am

I dunno, man. Post-Hardcore from 1998-2003 is much better than from 2003/2004-onward.

sVEepmETMbs

I'll agree with your opinion but Fall of Troy are one of the best post-hardcore bands from 2003/4-onwards. We went from At the Drive In to A Day to Remember. Disgusting.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 8:59 am

I'll agree with your opinion but Fall of Troy are one of the best post-hardcore bands from 2003/4-onwards. We went from At the Drive In to A Day to Remember. Disgusting.

That is disgusting. A Day To Remember are one of the worst bands I've ever heard. They're not even real Post-Hardcore. More like sissy faux-Emo for Paramore fans.

Fall of Troy >>>>>>> A Day To Remember

Written By: Toon on 03/14/16 at 8:59 am

sVEepmETMbs

I don't understand what it is but for some reason 1998-2002/3 music always has somewhat of a unique sound. I guess this is what some mean by the late '90s-early '00s being its own separate era. I don't know. Music from 2000-2002/3 for example sounds similar to music from 1998-1999 (and vice versa), but not with any other era.

g6FcqRO233s
This song is from 2000-2001 (recorded/released in 2000 and had other versions/albums released in 2001). One of my favorite House songs from the period.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 9:04 am

I don't understand what it is but for some reason 1998-2002/3 music always has somewhat of a unique sound. I guess this is what some mean by the late '90s-early '00s being its own separate era. I don't know. Must from 2000-2002/3 for example sounds similar to music from 1998-1999 (and vice versa), but with any other era.

g6FcqRO233s
This song is from 2000-2001 (recorded/released in 2000 and had other versions/albums released in 2001). One of my favorite House songs from the period.

Yeah, it was an extremely unique period. There was so much music to choose from back then; it was crazy! And most of it is really good, too. Lot's of good Rock and Electronic stuff from that era. I agree with that. Songs (or just things in general from the era) from 1998-1999 and 2000-2002/2003 all sound like they're a part of one cohesive era. Great time to be into music.

Written By: cool123 on 03/14/16 at 9:05 am

Come on though we all know this is one of the best albums off of one of the best albums released in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpDyIJdasg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/16 at 9:12 am

Come on though we all know this is one of the best albums off of one of the best albums released in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpDyIJdasg

There are too many good ones from that era to choose from. Post-Hardcore was at it's best back then.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/22/16 at 11:30 pm

I miss these days sooo much!!! :\'( :\'( :\'(
http://cdnph.upi.com/pv/upi/99492f1148c89b40a15f0f2c51d38981/SLP2000082606.jpg

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/23/16 at 9:49 am

I was roughly 10-21 months old in the year 2000. Oddly enough, I actually have one clear memory from the year 2000, however that's probably because  the memory itself isn't particularly good...

Written By: aja675 on 09/23/16 at 10:05 am

I was roughly 10-21 months old in the year 2000. Oddly enough, I actually have one clear memory from the year 2000, however that's probably because  the memory itself isn't particularly good...

Were you the one on PersonalityCafe who said he got a black tooth at age 1 and still remembers it?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/23/16 at 10:06 am

Were you the one on PersonalityCafe who said he got a black tooth at age 1 and still remembers it?

Yes.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/23/16 at 10:07 am

My first hazy memories started in 1997 when I was 2 years old.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/23/16 at 12:30 pm

2000 is one of my top 3 favorite years that I loved in. There were so many cool things going on at the time.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/23/16 at 4:11 pm

It was the last great year for album sales in the United States.

This was the number one album, in the United States, for that year.

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/3c/ba/d0/mzi.luxhglpz.600x600-75.jpg

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/23/16 at 7:45 pm

Yeah, the early '00s in general were really the last years of the "old order" of music, where what was popular was determined entirely by overall album sales and how often your video got played on MTV. That's radically different from today, where social media presence and YouTube hits are primarily how the popularity of an artist is judged.

You're right about album sales in 2000, though. Some of those numbers are just nuts looking back on it today, in an era where you are considered lucky if you can sell a few million units. I mean you had an album by Creed (Human Clay) selling over 10 million copies, and album by Limp Bizkit (Chocolate Starfish) selling more than 1 million copies in one week that year! :o

Written By: Slim95 on 09/23/16 at 8:02 pm

Yeah, the early '00s in general were really the last years of the "old order" of music, where what was popular was determined entirely by overall album sales and how often your video got played on MTV. That's radically different from today, where social media presence and YouTube hits are primarily how the popularity of an artist is judged.

You're right about album sales in 2000, though. Some of those numbers are just nuts looking back on it today, in an era where you are considered lucky if you can sell a few million units. I mean you had an album by Creed (Human Clay) selling over 10 million copies, and album by Limp Bizkit (Chocolate Starfish) selling more than 1 million copies in one week that year! :o

I think the mid 2000s were the last time for that. Digital sales existed but didn't really take off until 2006/2007.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/23/16 at 8:15 pm

2001 was the beginning of the end. It's crazy, in 1999/2000, we were guaranteed at least three 10 million selling albums per year. Now we're lucky if a person even sells 7 million copies.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/23/16 at 8:18 pm

I think the mid 2000s were the last time for that. Digital sales existed but didn't really take off until 2006/2007.

Yeah, album sales were going down in the early 00's, but there were still big sellers even in 2003/2004.

Written By: 2001 on 09/23/16 at 9:05 pm

2000 is one of my top 3 favorite years that I loved in. There were so many cool things going on at the time.

Mario Party 2, which released in the beginning of the year, set the tone for the rest of it  :D

I had this album on cassette! I stole it from my cousin lol.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/24/16 at 12:26 am

Mario Party 2, which released in the beginning of the year, set the tone for the rest of it  :D

I had this album on cassette! I stole it from my cousin lol.

Did he/she say 'Bye Bye Bye' to the cassette?  ;D  ;D

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 09/24/16 at 3:34 am

https://usatmarkets.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/nasdaq-6-18-15.jpg?w=1000&h=667

OMG, that CANNOT be 2000 with all those modern LCDs can it!? Are you sure that pic is from 2000?

Anyway, on the thread, I would have been 10 in november 1999 so for most of 2000 I was 10 years old. I do miss it and I do feel nostalgic for it, but not as much as the mid 2000s. The mid 2000s for me seemed the perfect compromise between the modern times and the good old days. Plus I was in my mid-late teens, those years have the potential to be the best in your life.

What is a massive wake up call for me is how many posters are coming into this thread and saying that they were only a few years or months old in the year 2000 :o

The passage of time is really starting to get blurry for me. Even 2011 which I consider recent is going to be 6 years ago soon.

Check for new replies or respond here...