inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late '00s hip-hop style

Written By: bchris02 on 10/02/15 at 6:59 pm

Did anybody else notice and enjoy the emphasis on synth melodies in hip-hop during the late '00s?  Does anybody know what the style was actually called?  It became the sound of hip hop starting in late 2006 and faded in 2010.  Here are a few examples of the sound that I am talking about.  Notice the much more prominent synth melodies than in today's hip-hop or pre-2006 hip-hop.

N5lIWti4VUw

koVHN6eO4Xg

O9sABRosdNg

nIFiDkArndo

udxZ9zkDzpo

eDuRoPIOBjE

Subject: Re: Late '00s hip-hop style

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/02/15 at 7:07 pm

YES!!! 6th grade-freshman year of high school, EVERY rap song had that distinct sound. Then in 2011 rap was becoming more pop sounding!!

Written By: mqg96 on 10/02/15 at 7:57 pm

YES!!! 6th grade-freshman year of high school, EVERY rap song had that distinct sound. Then in 2011 rap was becoming more pop sounding!!

BOI YOU GOT IT! Remember these from 6th grade!

D9g2szHsoz0

8UFIYGkROII

:D :D :D :D CHERISH THE MEMORIES!

But our 8th grade thru freshmen year of high school offered the best hip-hop music from that era let's be honest!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/02/15 at 8:02 pm

But our 8th grade thru freshmen year of high school offered the best hip-hop music from that era let's be honest!

Yup!! 2009 and 2010 had the best rap of our teen/youth/adolescence years!! 8) 8) 8)  Another reason I'm glad I was born in the mid 90s. Even though I wish I could have been born a LITTLE earlier(like 92)!!!

Written By: mqg96 on 10/02/15 at 8:08 pm

Yup!! 2009 and 2010 had the best rap of our teen/youth/adolescence years!! 8) 8) 8)  Another reason I'm glad I was born in the mid 90s. Even though I wish I could have been born a LITTLE earlier(like 92)!!!

Not only the best rap/hip hop songs at the time but even other genres of music with the electropop era of music still being fresh and new, when the teen pop phase of later this decade didn't get as big yet and the music wasn't as watered down.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/02/15 at 8:23 pm

Remember these too?

GGXzlRoNtHU gczBgNB-p1w

JMwi8vFXUpo UePtoxDhJSw

w8z_5ZtPzWI zH0p9VRD5yQ

Check for new replies or respond here...