inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Drake of the 99 dragons

Written By: Zelek on 10/19/15 at 6:20 pm

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/original/gamespot/images/2003/reviews/539343-589806_20031126_003.jpg

This is one of the worst games ever made, but I really love the style. Cheesy as it is, it screams late 90s-early 00s (trenchcoats, pistols, bullet time, Japanese culture, neon-gothic art deco, etc.). As one reviewer said, it looks like Samurai Jack, but with a bit more detail in the style.

Somebody should remake this game so it's actually fun to play and not painful. It had so much potential, wasted.

Subject: Re: Drake of the 99 dragons

Written By: JordanK1982 on 10/19/15 at 7:21 pm

This game is one of the best things to have ever come out. Seriously, it's amazing how under-rating this masterpiece is. A game that is absolutely paramount in the development of video gaming to come. Super Mario 64 step aside, this is the true innovator. 

Nah, I'm kidding. This game sucks.

The style reminds me of Batman Beyond or Spider-Man Unlimited, though. Very Y2K and of course, extremely cheesy but it's a pretty cool style especially since I don't mind a little bit of cheese here and there.

Check for new replies or respond here...