inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Last good episode of the Simpsons?

Written By: Zelek on 11/02/15 at 8:11 pm

I started a thread about this on the 90s forum, but didn't get many replies, so I decided to bring it over here. The consensus is that the Simpsons was best from seasons 1-8, before declining slightly in 9, declining very rapidly 10, and going completely off the rails with Homer causing Maude's death in 11.

That being said, what do you think is the last "classic-quality" episode? I'd say it's either the episodes with Mark Hamill, Pinchy the Lobster, or Max Power, though some would say it's Behind the Laughter (aired February 2000, so it barely counts here).

Subject: Re: Last good episode of the Simpsons?

Written By: #Infinity on 11/02/15 at 8:46 pm

Lisa Gets an 'A,' though When You Dish Upon a Star was the first episode that clearly proved that the show's fall from grace was official.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 10:24 am

Seriously? Another thread on how bad The Simpsons were since the early 2000s? Can everyone just stop with this? We get it. You hate the modern Simpsons. It's already bad that we have a lot of Mr. Enter fanboys/fangirls who rant about how bad Spongebob, Teen Titans Go and other modern cartoons are. But with these godawful threads, you're contributing to their stupidity. Why can't you just stop watching The Simpsons and move on to something else? I know it's just everybody's opinion to think about it, but is there anybody in the Internet who thinks The Simpsons are still good nowadays? And to answer the question, I think some modern Simpsons seasons are okay.

Written By: Zelek on 11/03/15 at 11:30 am

Seriously? Another thread on how bad The Simpsons were since the early 2000s? Can everyone just stop with this? We get it. You hate the modern Simpsons. It's already bad that we have a lot of Mr. Enter fanboys/fangirls who rant about how bad Spongebob, Teen Titans Go and other modern cartoons are. But with these godawful threads, you're contributing to their stupidity. Why can't you just stop watching The Simpsons and move on to something else? I know it's just everybody's opinion to think about it, but is there anybody in the Internet who thinks The Simpsons are still good nowadays? And to answer the question, I think some modern Simpsons seasons are okay.

I'm not saying you're wrong for liking the newer seasons. It's just that the vast majority of people (from what I've seen) think the show went downhill at some point, and I'm curious to know what point they think it is.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 2:11 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong for liking the newer seasons. It's just that the vast majority of people (from what I've seen) think the show went downhill at some point, and I'm curious to know what point they think it is.

But it's not like there's a minority of those who like the newer seasons. Everywhere I go like IGN, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, they have to say that the newer seasons (starting with Season 13) were godawful and the show should already die. It's repetitive as crap and nobody has the balls to say that they like some of the newer seasons. I can respect your opinion. I don't mind that. But it's just unrealistic to see millions of people around the world to say that The Simpsons are sheesh nowadays.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/03/15 at 2:14 pm

But it's not like there's a minority of those who like the newer seasons. Everywhere I go like IGN, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, they have to say that the newer seasons (starting with Season 13) were godawful and the show should already die. It's repetitive as crap and nobody has the balls to say that they like some of the newer seasons. I can respect your opinion. I don't mind that. But it's just unrealistic to see millions of people around the world to say that The Simpsons are sheesh nowadays.

In fact, if you have digital cable, then you could find this channel called FXX, which plays Simpsons reruns about 5 or 6 nights a week.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 2:18 pm

In fact, if you have digital cable, then you could find this channel called FXX, which plays Simpsons reruns about 5 or 6 nights a week.

Well true, but it doesn't really stop people from yapping about the modern Simpsons.

Written By: Zelek2 on 02/19/16 at 6:56 pm

Pardon the bump but I'd like to see Eazy E-MAN and ocarinafan comment on this,

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/19/16 at 7:01 pm

I haven't studied this topic enough tbh, plus I didn't grow up in the 90's so I wouldn't be able to give you an honest opinion based on personal experience. But I guess FWIW I'm not really a big fan of the newer Simpsons episodes, so I guess around the early 2000's was when it started to go downhill

Written By: cool123 on 02/20/16 at 2:17 pm

I think that early 2000s Simpson episodes were alright.

Check for new replies or respond here...