inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: whats your opinion on early 00s rap/hip hop?

Written By: sonic2005 on 11/04/15 at 10:25 am

I feel while not as good as 80s/90s rap its still an underrated era..

Subject: Re: whats your opinion on early 00s rap/hip hop?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/15 at 10:52 am

I have nothing to say.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/04/15 at 12:06 pm

They were very good. While 90s Hip Hop had a better message, most of it can be too serious as if hatred is the only focus in the world. Early 2000s gave better positivity that is able to put me at ease and is comfortable to listen. Its not underrated but fairly rated. I actually prefer Late 90s Hip Hop since it planted the seeds to the carefree Hip Hop that extended to the mid 2000s.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/04/15 at 2:20 pm

There was a lot of good hip-hop in the early '00s but most of the more popular stuff is still way too overplayed on Top 40, at least in my area.  The best stuff is some of the more forgotten songs you won't hear anywhere today.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/04/15 at 6:12 pm

Well, the 2000s had Eminem, Kanye West (before his incident at the 2009 VMAs), Linkin Park (they were a rap rock band) and the Black Eyed Peas.

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/15 at 11:57 pm

Apart from a few exceptions, rap to me really only sounds good when it's got a dance beat, or if it's part of a dance song that has singing parts as well.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/09/18 at 4:50 pm

Opinion change. Haha I don't in any way, shape or form prefer late 90s Hip Hop to early 2000s Hip Hop. Its the opposite now. I'll just credit it.

Carefree/hype/club Rap will always be my go to.

Check for new replies or respond here...