inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV shows of the 2000s

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 11/19/15 at 1:22 pm

Hi there guys. In England we got a lot of trashy TV from the states and some good shows as ell. I want to remember the TV shows that I have otherwise long forgotten about.

The bad:

The Simple Life (the one with Paris Hilton)

Beauty and the Geek

Ugly Betty

The good:

Smallville

Supernatural

My Name is Earl

Can anyone think of any others? I often wonder what happened to these shows, it was like yesterday that they were current and then just disappeared, now I look back I see it is for instance nearly 7 years ago that My Name is Earl finished (in 2009) and others.

Subject: Re: TV shows of the 2000s

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 02/26/16 at 3:31 pm

Come on, someone on here must have watched at least one of these shows :-\\ They were pretty era defining.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/16 at 3:34 pm

Hi there guys. In England we got a lot of trashy TV from the states and some good shows as ell. I want to remember the TV shows that I have otherwise long forgotten about.

The bad:

Beauty and the Geek

Ugly Betty

The good:

Smallville

Supernatural

My Name is Earl

Can anyone think of any others? I often wonder what happened to these shows, it was like yesterday that they were current and then just disappeared, now I look back I see it is for instance nearly 7 years ago that My Name is Earl finished (in 2009) and others.

Yes, Dear was another show from the 2000's.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/26/16 at 6:51 pm

Everybody Hates Chris

Malcolm in the Middle

American Idol

Emeril Live

How I Met Your Mother

George Lopez

The Amazing Race

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/26/16 at 6:56 pm

The Sopranos

Everybody Loves Raymond

The Wire

Lost

Family Guy

Grey's Anatomy

Gilmore Girls

Futurama

The O.C

One Tree Hill

Written By: Slim95 on 02/26/16 at 7:56 pm

Deal or No Deal. I miss that show.

Written By: nally on 02/26/16 at 7:57 pm

Come on, someone on here must have watched at least one of these shows :-\\ They were pretty era defining.

I didn't watch any of the ones you listed.

Written By: Zelek2 on 02/26/16 at 7:58 pm

Crocodile Hunter, though that might be more of a 90s show?

Written By: nally on 02/26/16 at 8:00 pm

Deal or No Deal. I miss that show.

Oh yes. I started watching that one after GSN picked up the reruns.

Speaking of GSN, that channel had several original game shows during the 2000 decade...

The good:

WinTuition
Russian Roulette
Lingo
Whammy (a "Press Your Luck" revival)

The bad:

Friend Or Foe
Cram
National Lampoon's Funny Money

Written By: nally on 02/26/16 at 8:01 pm

Crocodile Hunter, though that might be more of a 90s show?

Well, according to IMDB, it began in 1996. (But it had most of its run during the 00s.)

Written By: nally on 02/26/16 at 8:05 pm

Emeril Live

I loved watching Emeril Lagasse prepare all those meals. He made his show fun with his terminology: "Kick it up a notch" and "BAM!" were two staple phrases of his.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/26/16 at 8:16 pm

I loved watching Emeril Lagasse prepare all those meals. He made his show fun with his terminology: "Kick it up a notch" and "BAM!" were two staple phrases of his.

BAMMM!!! I always danced to the Emeril Live theme song when I was little. I was hoping I wasn't the only one on here who loved watching Food Network throughout the 2000's. My mom was into it most of the time, that's how I was introduced to shows like Emeril Live, Iron Chief, Good Eats, or $40 a Day.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/16 at 8:51 pm

Six Feet Under

Dexter

Malcolm in the Middle

Hannah Montana

Spongebob

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 10:44 am

Can't believe no one has mentioned Desperate Housewives. I don't care what anyone says, the first two seasons were some of the most epic TV I've ever watched. ;D

Also surprised to not see any Prison Break or Arrested Development. Maybe I'm just mentioning the obvious? These shows were huge at my school.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 10:51 am

That was definitely 90's.

Deal or No Deal didn't even exist in the 90s.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 11:09 am

The bad:

Beauty and the Geek

Ugly Betty

The good:

Smallville

Supernatural

My Name is Earl

LOL I watched The Simple Life. I don't know man, the show was so bad it was good. Seeing the Hiltons being semi-punished was somewhat satisfying. ;D I hated Beauty and the Geek though, that was a terrible premise for a show. In terms of reality TV, I was addicted to Big Brother, Wife Swap/House Swap, and nanny shows like Supernanny.

As for Smallville, I could never get into the show. The premise was really word. I remember it was some prettyboy with magical powers who lived in the most boring town ever? I believe the show had some sort of revival a few years ago, because a lot of my friends started talking about it again.

I was addicted to medical dramas such as Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs and Becker.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/27/16 at 11:17 am

That was definitely 90's.

How was Deal or No Deal 90s?  ??? It came out in 2005.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 11:24 am

How was Deal or No Deal 90s?  ??? It came out in 2005.

The American version came out in 2005. It was originally a Dutch game show that premiered in late 2000, which spread popularity in foreign countries and then made their own versions.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/27/16 at 11:44 am

The American version came out in 2005. It was originally a Dutch game show that premiered in late 2000, which spread popularity in foreign countries and then made their own versions.

Oh interesting. But it still isn't a 90s show. XD

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 11:51 am

Oh interesting. But it still isn't a 90s show. XD

I already known that before this controversy started.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/16 at 6:19 pm

Deal or No Deal didn't even exist in the 90s.

Wasn't it the late 90's? ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 6:21 pm

Wasn't it the late 90's? ???

No, it started in the early 2000s.

Written By: nally on 02/27/16 at 6:40 pm

BAMMM!!! I always danced to the Emeril Live theme song when I was little. I was hoping I wasn't the only one on here who loved watching Food Network throughout the 2000's. My mom was into it most of the time, that's how I was introduced to shows like Emeril Live, Iron Chief, Good Eats, or $40 a Day.

Oh yes, Emeril even had a live band that performed his theme music right on stage.

I hadn't even heard of Emeril Lagasse himself until he appeared on the celebrity edition of Who Wants To Be Millionaire in May 2000. Later that year is when I first watched the Food Network.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/27/16 at 7:19 pm

Oh yes, Emeril even had a live band that performed his theme music right on stage.

I hadn't even heard of Emeril Lagasse himself until he appeared on the celebrity edition of Who Wants To Be Millionaire in May 2000. Later that year is when I first watched the Food Network.

The food network logo we still see today the network has been using regularly since 2003, besides the little font update that was made in 2013. I still remember the old Food Network logo the channel used back in 2001 & 2002. Food Network has changed a lot from what I've noticed, it seems to have a lot more reality shows and contests now.

Written By: nally on 02/27/16 at 7:27 pm

The food network logo we still see today the network has been using regularly since 2003, besides the little font update that was made in 2013. I still remember the old Food Network logo the channel used back in 2001 & 2002. Food Network has changed a lot from what I've noticed, it seems to have a lot more reality shows and contests now.

The kinda stuff that doesn't generally interest me. All the "cooking" type shows have moved to the Cooking Channel, which is actually a spinoff channel of the Food Network.

Oh, and Emeril's live band was led by Doc Gibbs; Emeril would acknowledge him after coming on stage at the beginning of each Emeril Live episode.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 02/28/16 at 7:23 am

Everybody Hates Chris

Malcolm in the Middle

American Idol

Emeril Live

How I Met Your Mother

George Lopez

The Amazing Race

The Sopranos

Everybody Loves Raymond

The Wire

Lost

Family Guy

Grey's Anatomy

Gilmore Girls

Futurama

The O.C

One Tree Hill

Six Feet Under

Dexter

Malcolm in the Middle

Hannah Montana

Spongebob

Can't believe no one has mentioned Desperate Housewives. I don't care what anyone says, the first two seasons were some of the most epic TV I've ever watched. ;D

Also surprised to not see any Prison Break or Arrested Development. Maybe I'm just mentioning the obvious? These shows were huge at my school.

Now they are coming thick and fast! I have never actually watched any of this but I have seen them when flicking through the channels when the information comes up on what is being shown at that particular time of day. Funny a lot of those shows I remember as being new only a few years ago. There are so many of them and they are all so similar I end up only being able to recall a handful.

But yeah I miss seeing the signs of that era. Like when I was flicking through the digital TV channels and seeing that they were up I knew for sure I was living between 2006-2010. Reruns just aren't the same.

LOL I watched The Simple Life. I don't know man, the show was so bad it was good. Seeing the Hiltons being semi-punished was somewhat satisfying. ;D I hated Beauty and the Geek though, that was a terrible premise for a show. In terms of reality TV, I was addicted to Big Brother, Wife Swap/House Swap, and nanny shows like Supernanny.

As for Smallville, I could never get into the show. The premise was really word. I remember it was some prettyboy with magical powers who lived in the most boring town ever? I believe the show had some sort of revival a few years ago, because a lot of my friends started talking about it again.

I was addicted to medical dramas such as Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs and Becker.

Aren't you familiar with the Superman story lol? Or are you joking? ??? Anyway Clark's teenage life in Smallville was pretty much how I wished my teenage years were. Like with good friends, a girlfriend, exciting things going on to provide memories to look back on; that sort of stuff that I never had. Minus the super powers of course. The mid-late seasons of that show covered the mid-late 2000s which were also my teenage years so it was aired pretty much in parallel to my own boring and lonely teenage years. Anyway, oh yeah, wife swap, house swap and Super Nanny. Looks like they imported everything from over there.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 9:47 am

Wait, Smallville is about Superman? ;D ;D I remember watching this show in 2004 or 2005, there was no Superman in it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 10:08 am

Wait, Smallville is about Superman? ;D ;D I remember watching this show in 2004 or 2005, there was no Superman in it.

It was about Clark Kent, Superman's alter-ego.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 10:36 am

It was about Clark Kent, Superman's alter-ego.

It was rather boring. The prettyboy is all the show had going for it from what I remember.  :(

Written By: Slim95 on 02/28/16 at 8:37 pm

There's also Ugly Betty. I remember that show in the second half of the 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/29/16 at 2:09 pm

Someone may have mentioned it but I remember I watched The Office as well.

Written By: Howard on 02/29/16 at 3:11 pm

Someone may have mentioned it but I remember I watched The Office as well.

The Office was a great show.

Written By: nally on 02/29/16 at 7:06 pm

In the early 2000s there was a drama show on CBS called That's Life, about a 30-something woman who breaks off her engagement and goes back to school to earn a degree. It had an interesting premise and storylines, but the show only lasted 2 seasons.

Written By: 2001 on 04/28/16 at 1:37 pm

My early 2000s favourite is Popular. Sad it got cancelled after two seasons. The ending was extremely strange. Of course I can't forget Malcolm In The Middle either.

Other teen dramas in the mid-2000s that I liked were 8 Simple Rules. For some reason it feels more early 2000s to me. Great show nonetheless.

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/16 at 4:30 pm

I'm watching Mad Men right now and I love it!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 4:36 pm

My early 2000s favourite is Popular. Sad it got cancelled after two seasons. The ending was extremely strange. Of course I can't forget Malcolm In The Middle either.

Other teen dramas in the mid-2000s that I liked were 8 Simple Rules. For some reason it feels more early 2000s to me. Great show nonetheless.

8 Simple Rules ran from 2002-2005 so maybe the first few seasons feel pretty early 00s to you. In late 2003, John Ritter (who played Paul Hennessy) died from an aortic dissection which caused a bit of a shift in the show. It's a really good show, I like it! Malcolm in the Middle is one of my favorite 00s shows of all time.

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/16 at 5:02 pm

8 Simple Rules ran from 2002-2005 so maybe the first few seasons feel pretty early 00s to you. In late 2003, John Ritter (who played Paul Hennessy) died from an aortic dissection which caused a bit of a shift in the show. It's a really good show, I like it! Malcolm in the Middle is one of my favorite 00s shows of all time.

Oh yeah, I remember that! I never knew he died in real life, I thought it was a just a show thing. It was so abrupt, it all makes sense now.  :\'( The show got super depressing for the few episodes after that.

Did you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, Just Shoot Me! or The King of Queens?  ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 5:12 pm

Oh yeah, I remember that! I never knew he died in real life, I thought it was a just a show thing. It was so abrupt, it all makes sense now.  :\'( The show got super depressing for the few episodes after that.

Yep! He died right as production for the next season began so they did the whole "he did buying milk" thing to explain it. The tone changed a lot after his dead but I still liked the show to the end. The interactions between Rory and Jim were the funniest! ;D

I watched The King of Queens and Curb Your Enthusiasm on and off but I watched Just Shoot Me! all the way through. David Spade is a funny guy!

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/16 at 6:25 pm

Yep! He died right as production for the next season began so they did the whole "he did buying milk" thing to explain it. The tone changed a lot after his dead but I still liked the show to the end. The interactions between Rory and Jim were the funniest! ;D

I watched The King of Queens and Curb Your Enthusiasm on and off but I watched Just Shoot Me! all the way through. David Spade is a funny guy!

Yeah, I was thinking "that's such a lame way to kill him off". Show was still good after that, but it was always missing the dad. Imo I like the first two seasons more because of that, but it was still a great show throughout.

It's one of my favourite sitcoms  :D David Spade was always on TV in the first half of the 2000s lol. Just Shoot Me! Reruns, 8 Simple Rules and then his reality show which was actually decent.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 6:31 pm

Yeah, I was thinking "that's such a lame way to kill him off". Show was still good after that, but it was always missing the dad. Imo I like the first two seasons more because of that, but it was still a great show throughout.

It's one of my favourite sitcoms  :D David Spade was always on TV in the first half of the 2000s lol. Just Shoot Me! Reruns, 8 Simple Rules and then his reality show which was actually decent.

I agree. Buying milk? They could of made it a little bit more believable. I'm glad they still kept it funny even though the first season is the best. Rory, Jim and CJ kept the show going! :D

Does this mean David Spade is another early 00s icon? David Spade's Xtreme Nu Metal Adventure X21.5! Do you mean Fameless, the new joke show? I haven't watched it but I might check it out because it's David Spade.

Written By: nally on 05/10/16 at 6:32 pm

Yes, after John Ritter suddenly passed away, the writers did sort of a "Real life writes the plot" thing; they incorporated his passing into the show. In fact, he had been preparing to film an episode of the show just before he passed on. :\'(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 6:34 pm

Yes, after John Ritter suddenly passed away, the writers did sort of a "Real life writes the plot" thing; they incorporated his passing into the show. In fact, he had been preparing to film an episode of the show just before he passed on. :\'(

Yeah, it sucked when he died! He was really good for the show but I'm glad they were able to keep it good throughout the rest of it's run. Not many shows can do that after losing an important character.

Written By: nally on 05/10/16 at 6:39 pm

Yeah, it sucked when he died! He was really good for the show but I'm glad they were able to keep it throughout the rest of it's run. Not many shows can do that after losing an important character.

Right...they had to write his character out somehow. And that was the way to do it.

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/16 at 6:44 pm

I agree. Buying milk? They could of made it a little bit more believable. I'm glad they still kept it funny even though the first season is the best. Rory, Jim and CJ kept the show going! :D

Does this mean David Spade is another early 00s icon? David Spade's Xtreme Nu Metal Adventure X21.5! Do you mean Fameless, the new joke show? I haven't watched it but I might check it out because it's David Spade.

Rory was my favourite!  8) I liked how strict the dad was though, that's what made a lot of the show hillarious. Him chasing out boyfriends and stuff LOL

I was talking about Showbiz with David Spade (or something like that). It was basically a funny version of celebrity news shows (of which, I'm ashamed to say, I watched a lot of). Does he have a new show?  :o Damn, some of these early 2000s are making a comeback. There was the Whose Line Is It Anyway comeback in 2013 too.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/10/16 at 6:44 pm

Well he got into a car accident on his way to buy milk. A car accident is pretty realistic.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 6:58 pm

Rory was my favourite!  8) I liked how strict the dad was though, that's what made a lot of the show hillarious. Him chasing out boyfriends and stuff LOL

I was talking about Showbiz with David Spade (or something like that). It was basically a funny version of celebrity news shows (of which, I'm ashamed to say, I watched a lot of). Does he have a new show?  :o Damn, some of these early 2000s are making a comeback. There was the Whose Line Is It Anyway comeback in 2013 too.

Yeah, that was pretty funny! Jim was funny too because he was a crazy old man and of course, David Spade the was slacker. 8) David Spade really does represent the early 00s, doesn't he? Him and Tony Hawk need to duke it out.

Oh! Now I know what you're talking about! I don't think I've seen that show but I might check it out. Yep! It's called Fameless. It's a joke show which I assume is sorta like Ashton Kutcher's Prank'd (but probably a million times better). They're probably gonna mess up the early 00s next... :-\\

Well he got into a car accident on his way to buy milk. A car accident is pretty realistic.

Wait, did they explicitly state it was a car accident in the show?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/10/16 at 9:04 pm

One early-to-mid '00s show I really liked back in the day that you don't really hear much about anymore is Grounded for Life.

http://thiswayonbay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Grounded-For-Life-Cast.png

I used to watch it all the time on Fox, and then later when they added reruns on ABC Family. Does anybody else remember this show?

Written By: Toon on 05/10/16 at 9:10 pm

One early-to-mid '00s show I really liked back in the day that you don't really hear much about anymore is Grounded for Life.

I used to watch it all the time on Fox, and then later when they added reruns on ABC Family. Does anybody else remember this show?

Grounded for life was a pretty good show.

Also liked Life with Derek.
https://kidzshowz.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/life-with-derek.jpg

Written By: Zelek2 on 05/10/16 at 9:13 pm

That's a TOTAL mid-late 00s show, Jordan wouldn't like it. ;)

Written By: Toon on 05/10/16 at 9:32 pm

Seems like I'm gonna have to fight Jordan and force him to like it.  >:(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 9:34 pm

I already don't like the guy in the middle's stupid wing hair cut but what else about it is super real 00s that'll make me not like it?

Seems like I'm gonna have to fight Jordan and force him to like it.  >:(

If we're both in agreement that the 90's ended in 2003, then we're ok but if you wanna fight over a TV show... Then bring it on! >:(

Written By: Toon on 05/10/16 at 9:38 pm

If we're both in agreement that the 90's ended in 2003, then we're ok but if you wanna fight over a TV show... Then bring it on! >:(

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/e/ef/Lightsaber.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130901012413>:( >:( >:( Sum1 dyin' 2nite!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 9:40 pm

>:( >:( >:(
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/e/ef/Lightsaber.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130901012413
>:( >:( >:(

Hahaha, you can be Darth Maul all you want. I'm gonna pull a Kenobi and slice you in half. 8)

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif

Written By: Slim95 on 05/10/16 at 9:53 pm

Wait, did they explicitly state it was a car accident in the show?

I think if I remember correctly they did say car accident. But I'm not 100% sure. It could have just been my assumption.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 9:54 pm

I think if I remember correctly they did say car accident. But I'm not 100% sure. It could have just been my assumption.

All I remember is that they said he was out buying milk and suddenly collapsed and died at the store.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/10/16 at 9:55 pm

Yep yep yep! I remember Life With Derek, it was a pretty good show, but I barely remember seeing episodes on Disney Channel. It was a syndicated show from Canada but it wasn't a Disney Channel original though, it was just there on the channel. I only remember glimpses of the first two seasons.

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/16 at 10:13 pm

Grounded for life was a pretty good show.

I never watched this show, but I made fun of my cousin for watching it.

Name sounds super familiar, but pictures of it aren't ringing any bells.  :(

Written By: Toon on 05/10/16 at 10:16 pm

I never watched this show, but I made fun of my cousin for watching it.

Making fun of your cousin for watching a good show? How DARE you?!  >:(

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/16 at 10:17 pm

Making fun of your cousin for watching a good show? How DARE you?!  >:(

Is it good? He was 15 years old and watched terrible tween sitcoms on Family all day.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/10/16 at 10:19 pm

All I remember is that they said he was out buying milk and suddenly collapsed and died at the store.

Okay you're probably right. I don't know why I thought it was a car accident, maybe because they didn't explain it well and that's just what I assumed.

Written By: Toon on 05/10/16 at 10:20 pm

Is it good? He was 15 years old and watched terrible tween sitcoms on Family all day.

Not the greatest show in the world. But it's a pretty decent show with a rating of 7.6/10 on IMDB. I liked watching it when it aired on Disney Channel.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/10/16 at 10:20 pm

I loved Life With Derek. But Radio Free Roscoe was by far one of my favourites. I don't know if Americans had that show.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 10:25 pm

Okay you're probably right. I don't know why I thought it was a car accident, maybe because they didn't explain it well and that's just what I assumed.

Yeah, I looked it up and it just says "he collapsed while buying milk" like I remember. A car accident would of been a much better way to tell the story and I wish they would of went with it.

Not the greatest show in the world. But it's a pretty decent show with a rating of 7.6/10 on IMDB. I liked watching it when it aired on Disney Channel.

Zelek says it's super mid-late 00s and I would not like it. Does it contain a bunch of faux-Emo and MySpace references?

Written By: Toon on 05/10/16 at 10:27 pm

Zelek says it's super mid-late 00s and I would not like it. Does it contain a bunch of faux-Emo and MySpace references?

Actually no surprisingly. Characters don't mention or reference social media. And I don't think I've seen any faux-Emo references.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/10/16 at 10:30 pm

Actually no surprisingly. Characters don't mention or reference social media. And I don't think I've seen any faux-Emo references.

Oh, ok! His haircut, however, is super real 00s. If this was an early 00s show, he'd probably look like Reese.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/10/16 at 11:00 pm

Oh, ok! His haircut, however, is super real 00s. If this was an early 00s show, he'd probably look like Reese.

I don't remember if they had emo references but Derek's friend looked like a stoner.

Written By: nally on 05/10/16 at 11:12 pm

I remember it in reruns on ABCFamily, but only watched maybe one or two episodes of it.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/16 at 2:34 am

I don't remember if they had emo references but Derek's friend looked like a stoner.

Oh, that sounds pretty rad!

Written By: mqg96 on 05/11/16 at 6:53 am

I loved Life With Derek. But Radio Free Roscoe was by far one of my favourites. I don't know if Americans had that show.

We did have "Life With Derek", it came on our Disney Channel. I remember when the show first came out too, since throughout 2005 there were promos for it. I remember it being a great show but I barely remember the details that happened on the episodes on a weekly basis. I mainly remember original Disney Channel sitcoms like That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, or Suite Life of Zack & Cody a lot better in detail than the other show. There was another Canadian show that aired on our Disney Channel called "Naturally Sadie" too, but that was boring as hell IMO. I couldn't sit through an episode of that.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/11/16 at 12:05 pm

We did have "Life With Derek", it came on our Disney Channel. I remember when the show first came out too, since throughout 2005 there were promos for it. I remember it being a great show but I barely remember the details that happened on the episodes on a weekly basis. I mainly remember original Disney Channel sitcoms like That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, or Suite Life of Zack & Cody a lot better in detail than the other show. There was another Canadian show that aired on our Disney Channel called "Naturally Sadie" too, but that was boring as hell IMO. I couldn't sit through an episode of that.

I remember Naturally Sadie and I agree that was a very boring show.

Written By: nally on 05/11/16 at 12:16 pm

We did have "Life With Derek", it came on our Disney Channel. I remember when the show first came out too, since throughout 2005 there were promos for it. I remember it being a great show but I barely remember the details that happened on the episodes on a weekly basis.

I remember it too, but I myself never actually watched it. In fact, it was around that time (2005) when I started watching sitcoms on that channel.

I mainly remember original Disney Channel sitcoms like That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, or Suite Life of Zack & Cody a lot better in detail than the other show.

As do I. Raven and Zack/Cody had some interesting storylines and episode plots.

Written By: 2001 on 05/11/16 at 12:43 pm

I wish I watched more of That's So Raven. I watched a few episodes and it was hillarious, but there were other shows that I liked airing at the same time. Zach and Cody is good too from the few episodes I've watched. London is hillarious  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/11/16 at 3:45 pm

I watched them all.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/16 at 3:47 pm

Yeah, it sucked when he died! He was really good for the show but I'm glad they were able to keep it good throughout the rest of it's run. Not many shows can do that after losing an important character.

But it wasn't the same when they put in James Garner.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/16 at 3:48 pm

I liked the mother, I couldn't help staring at her boobs throughout the show. :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/12/16 at 5:57 pm

I liked the mother, I couldn't help staring at her boobs throughout the show. :o

;D

Written By: d90 on 05/14/16 at 1:10 pm

Anyone here remember Oliver Beene the very shortlived show that aired on Fox in 2003

Written By: 2001 on 08/15/16 at 9:12 pm

I just remembered one of my favourite shows Less Than Perfect (2002-2006). It's about a rookie who works at a television network trying to climb up the corporate ladder. The show was hilarious  ;D

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/526/3less_home_graphic3.jpg

That in turn reminded me of one of my high school favourites, 30 Rock (2006-2013). It's a comedy show about running a comedy show, so meta  :o I recommend everyone watch it, it's one of the best recent comedies!

http://oi67.tinypic.com/bf5rug.jpg

Written By: nally on 09/27/18 at 9:26 pm

I never actually watched this one either, but it was on the Disney Channel when the channel was still good. In fact, it had its run during approximately the same time as Suite Life, which I began watching less than a year after it premiered.

Written By: nally on 09/27/18 at 9:31 pm

I wish I watched more of That's So Raven. I watched a few episodes and it was hillarious, but there were other shows that I liked airing at the same time.

I watched it while it was on too. There were some episodes I enjoyed, others not so much, but it did have an interesting plot. At the end of its run in 2007, it had a spinoff "Cory In The House", which only lasted one year.

Zach and Cody is good too from the few episodes I've watched. London is hillarious  ;D

I think so too!

Written By: Howard on 09/28/18 at 7:29 am

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/yes_dear__5440.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 11/19/18 at 9:22 pm

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/yes_dear__5440.jpg

I loved that show! ;D

I had a mini-crush (okay not crush so much as found attractive) on the second guy from the left.  :-[

Written By: nally on 11/19/18 at 11:32 pm

In the early 2000s there was a drama show on CBS called That's Life, about a 30-something woman who breaks off her engagement and goes back to school to earn a degree. It had an interesting premise and storylines, but the show only lasted 2 seasons.

And speaking of short-lived CBS primetime shows...

In early 2006 the sitcom "Courting Alex", starring Jenna Elfman, premiered in the early part of the year. I liked it; seemed rather interesting... but it got the axe after only eight episodes! :( (Two others had reportedly been filmed, but never aired!)

Later in 2006, another sitcom, "The Class", premiered... but it only lasted one season. It had eight main characters (one of whom was played by Jason Ritter), who went to elementary school together as children; in the pilot episode, all eight reunite and discuss their careers/lives (although one of them eventually gets written out). Then at the end of season one, a few established storylines get left up in the air. (One character's much-older hubby survives a heart attack, two others get engaged to each other, and other relationships are left in a question-mark.) I was so hoping in May of 2007 that it would get renewed for another season, but it, too, got the axe. :(

Written By: Howard on 11/20/18 at 7:09 am

https://images.tbs.com/tbs/w_1360/https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2017%2F03%2FKingOfQueens_1692x695.jpg

Written By: nally on 11/20/18 at 11:25 am

^ I know, the King Of Queens. ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/20/18 at 2:02 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/GeorgeLopezsitcomcast.jpg/220px-GeorgeLopezsitcomcast.jpg

The George Lopez Show

Written By: d90 on 01/12/19 at 9:23 pm

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0Nqf_jZ64q4/hqdefault.jpg
The Pitts

https://art-s.nflximg.net/78228/9b3d454d91b522d43018d38429ebe5448ad78228.jpg
Grounded For Life

https://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img/item/585/849/529/that-80-s-show-season-1-3-dvd-set-6162.jpg
That 80s Show

Check for new replies or respond here...