inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Dragon Ball Z Character?

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 11/27/15 at 7:17 pm

For those of you who were fans of the show back on Toonami in the 00's (or on the original run in the 90's) who was your favorite character on the show and why?

For me I would have to go with Gohan since I always respected his view of fighting, only deciding to fight as a last resort and being more focused on saving the planet rather than getting stronger for personal benefit. Also he's a freaking bad ass
during the Cell Games Saga and the Majin Buu Saga  :D

Subject: Re: Favorite Dragon Ball Z Character?

Written By: mqg96 on 11/27/15 at 7:27 pm

Piccolo!

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 11/27/15 at 8:35 pm

Piccolo!

Yeah Picolo was the man!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/28/15 at 2:48 pm

You guys ALREADY know who my favorite characters are Trunks and Gohan!!! :D  Honorable mentions: Goku and Piccolo 8)

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/28/15 at 4:39 pm

I'm starting to lean towards the antagonists. I wish Turles and Cooler were in the main story.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 11/28/15 at 7:51 pm

I'm starting to lean towards the antagonists. I wish Turles and Cooler were in the main story.

Yeah they were pretty awesome characters, especially Turles who IMO seemed much more bad ass than Raditz. This why I always felt that Turles should of been the one to inform Goku that he was a Saiyan and have Goku fight off with Turles rather than Raditz, he just always seemed lame to me  8-P

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/28/15 at 8:33 pm

Yeah they were pretty awesome characters, especially Turles who IMO seemed much more bad ass than Raditz. This why I always felt that Turles should of been the one to inform Goku that he was a Saiyan and have Goku fight off with Turles rather than Raditz, he just always seemed lame to me  8-P

Yeah even though I thought Raditz had a GREAT voice. Turles was much more badass and cooler ;) !

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/30/15 at 1:07 pm

Raditz just tries to hard.
Yeah even though I thought Raditz had a GREAT voice. Turles was much more badass and cooler ;) !

Turles being more interesting does it for me.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/01/15 at 9:30 pm

Raditz just tries to hard.
Turles being more interesting does it for me.

This.

BTW, what were some of your other favorite DB/Z villains?

For me it would be a close tie between Frieza or Piccolo Jr.  (during Dragon Ball, before he teamed up with Goku)

Honorable Mentions:

Red Ribbon Army

Dr. Gero

Cell

Kid Buu

Written By: annimal on 12/01/15 at 9:53 pm

Piccolo and Vegeta sometimes

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/01/15 at 11:06 pm

Piccolo and Vegeta sometimes

You're a DBZ fan too?! :o  Sweet!!!! 8)

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/01/15 at 11:20 pm

This.

BTW, what were some of your other favorite DB/Z villains?

For me it would be a close tie between Frieza or Piccolo Jr.  (during Dragon Ball, before he teamed up with Goku)

Honorable Mentions:

Red Ribbon Army

Dr. Gero

Cell

Kid Buu

It used to be Broly until I realized how overrated he is. Broly's backstory adds debt to his character, but still lack personality. I think Cell is a better villain then Frieza. His character is complex while Frieza is typical. Kid Buu is actually just chaos.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/01/15 at 11:44 pm

It used to be Broly until I realized how overrated he is. Broly's backstory adds debt to his character, but still lack personality. I think Cell is a better villain then Frieza. His character is complex while Frieza is typical. Kid Buu is actually just chaos.

I see, yeah Broly while awesome I do agree is slightly overrated.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of Cell though, he always just seemed dull, but hey thats just me!

Frieza, while generic, was probably my favorite because as a kid he felt the most menacing. When he impaled and killed Krillin, killed the hundreds of Namekians, and the epic clash between Goku and Frieza were certainly very memorable. I also weirdly found his backstory pretty interesting and it made me hate and sort of like Frieza at the same time. Its a weird emotion I know

About Kidd Buu, yeah he was chaotic but it made the character pretty memorable. Though I see where you're coming from

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/01/15 at 11:45 pm

Yeah Kid Buu is the most dangerous villain in DBZ history, Freeza is the most ruthless and cold hearted villain in the series, while Cell is the most complex and mysterious villain in the series,and Super Buu with Gohan aboserbed was the overall strongest.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/02/15 at 9:52 am

I see, yeah Broly while awesome I do agree is slightly overrated.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of Cell though, he always just seemed dull, but hey thats just me!

Frieza, while generic, was probably my favorite because as a kid he felt the most menacing. When he impaled and killed Krillin, killed the hundreds of Namekians, and the epic clash between Goku and Frieza were certainly very memorable. I also weirdly found his backstory pretty interesting and it made me hate and sort of like Frieza at the same time. Its a weird emotion I know

About Kidd Buu, yeah he was chaotic but it made the character pretty memorable. Though I see where you're coming from

Frieza has that charm for sure. Kid Buu is memorable. I just like my villains with actual personalities. Kid Buu is like a entity.

Now Dr. Gero is interesting. If I had the chance, I would ask him questions.
Yeah Kid Buu is the most dangerous villain in DBZ history, Freeza is the most ruthless and cold hearted villain in the series, while Cell is the most complex and mysterious villain in the series,and Super Buu with Gohan aboserbed was the overall strongest.

Basically, the ruthless and cold hearted tags can apply to Frieza and Kid Buu.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/02/15 at 10:03 am

Frieza has that charm for sure. Kid Buu is memorable. I just like my villains with actual personalities. Kid Buu is like a entity.

Now Dr. Gero is interesting. If I had the chance, I would ask him questions.

Basically, the ruthless and cold hearted tags can apply to Frieza and Kid Buu.

Yep Frieza and Buu were very memorable. However I agree, Dr Gero is definitely very interesting because he's one of the few villains in the series that ALMOST by the hair actually completed his objective, killing Goku and destroying the world with the help of the Androids and Cell of course. Also the Red Ribbon Army in general was just very complex if you think about it

Written By: annimal on 12/02/15 at 10:19 am

You're a DBZ fan too?! :o  Sweet!!!! 8)

yup something I also use to watch on Cartoon network

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/02/15 at 10:49 am

yup something I also use to watch on Cartoon network

Man its cool to see an anime fan, let alone a DBZ fan that's a woman! 8)  When I was a little boy there weren't too many girls that were into anime when I was in school,Katana Queen (a fellow member here) is also a fan!

Written By: mqg96 on 12/02/15 at 11:04 am

Man its cool to see an anime fan, let alone a DBZ fan that's a woman! 8)  When I was a little boy there weren't too many girls that were into anime when I was in school,Katana Queen (a fellow member here) is also a fan!

Most of the girls who were into Toonami would watch it only for Sailor Moon or Powerpuff Girls. Which was throughout the TOM 1 and early TOM 2 era. However, I'm happy to see there was a girl who enjoyed DBZ as well!

Written By: mqg96 on 12/02/15 at 11:09 am

gC39v3z-rXs

Just to add some extra to this thread! ;)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/04/15 at 11:43 am

For me the answer is easy: Piccolo. His transformation over the show from villain to hero (all the while keeping his badass personality intact) was pretty awesome.

It's interesting that Goku was always by far the strongest fighter on the show, but every kid when I was growing up always preferred either Vegeta or Piccolo. I guess it goes to show that attitude actually does trump power sometimes.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/04/16 at 11:04 am

I had to awakened this thread to show my appreciation for Paragus. By far, Paragus is the most interesting character in all of DBZ in my perspective. Dude would have definitely bought a interesting twist to DBZ's canon. Beerus has some interesting qualities. Just that, he's still expected.

I'll agree that Vegeta and Piccolo has that mystery aura to them as if they could turn on the world at any time. When I look at both, I see history. While I just see determination when I see Goku.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/04/16 at 6:06 pm

Goku, Gohan, and Goten.  :)

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/30/17 at 10:54 am

Anyone keeping up to date with Dragon Ball Super? What I dislike about it is how its making Saiyans become gimmicky. I believe Super is taking away all of DBZ's creativity.

Beyond Champa and Vados, I don't like the rest of the gods due to their forgettable designs.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/02/17 at 8:46 pm

Vegeta, Goku, Trunks, Freeza, Bulma, and Piccolo.

Written By: 2001 on 05/02/17 at 9:02 pm

Trunks was always captain badass!

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/03/17 at 1:46 pm

Most of the girls who were into Toonami would watch it only for Sailor Moon or Powerpuff Girls. Which was throughout the TOM 1 and early TOM 2 era. However, I'm happy to see there was a girl who enjoyed DBZ as well!

I watched it from TOM 2 until day 1 of the TOM 4 era. I liked SM and PPG too, don't forget Hamtaro, but we girls also liked Yu Yu Hakusho, Astro Boy, and Cyborg 009 (at least in my school).

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/02/22 at 2:56 pm

Perfect Cell.

Check for new replies or respond here...