inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Pixar Film?

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/10/15 at 6:46 pm

I made a similar thread in the 1990's forum for favorite Disney Renaissance Film(s). Since Pixar was in a Golden Age during the 2000's when it came to originality, box office success, and magnificent films which ones were your favorites? The rule though is that it has to be older than Cars 2 and newer than the short films of the 80's & early 90's. Basically anything from Toy Story 1 through Toy Story 3 is fair game

Subject: Re: Favorite Pixar Film?

Written By: #Infinity on 12/10/15 at 7:06 pm

I made a similar thread in the 1990's forum for favorite Disney Renaissance Film(s). Since Pixar was in a Golden Age during the 2000's when it came to originality, box office success, and magnificent films which ones were your favorites? The rule though is that it has to be older than Cars 2 and newer than the short films of the 80's & early 90's. Basically anything from Toy Story 1 through Toy Story 3 is fair game

What's wrong with including post-Golden Age Pixar movies?  I'm sure a lot of people would say Inside Out is their favorite film in the Pixar canon.

Anyways, my favorite Pixar flick is Toy Story 1, without a doubt.  A lot like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, nearly the entire script is directly quotable, thanks in large part to the phenomenal voice performances and highly organic sense of comedy the writing has.  The film also has strong direction, with colorful and immersive environments, even by today's standards.  Although comedy is the film's strongest asset, it also excels with both drama and thrill when it needs to, with Sid's house in general being a very intimidating yet dynamic place, not to mention the film contains one of the biggest tearjerking scenes in a Pixar movie (besides the beginning and ending of Up, of course) when Buzz finally learns the truth about himself once and for all.  The climax is also one of the most fitting and satisfying of any animated movie in history.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/10/15 at 7:32 pm

What's wrong with including post-Golden Age Pixar movies?  I'm sure a lot of people would say Inside Out is their favorite film in the Pixar canon.

Anyways, my favorite Pixar flick is Toy Story 1, without a doubt.  A lot like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, nearly the entire script is directly quotable, thanks in large part to the phenomenal voice performances and highly organic sense of comedy the writing has.  The film also has strong direction, with colorful and immersive environments, even by today's standards.  Although comedy is the film's strongest asset, it also excels with both drama and thrill when it needs to, with Sid's house in general being a very intimidating yet dynamic place, not to mention the film contains one of the biggest tearjerking scenes in a Pixar movie (besides the beginning and ending of Up, of course) when Buzz finally learns the truth about himself once and for all.  The climax is also one of the most fitting and satisfying of any animated movie in history.

I agree Toy Story 1 is very timeless

Written By: mqg96 on 12/10/15 at 8:19 pm

1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. Finding Nemo

Written By: mqg96 on 12/10/15 at 8:22 pm

The rule though is that it has to be older than Cars 2 and newer than the short films of the 80's & early 90's. Basically anything from Toy Story 1 through Toy Story 3 is fair game

Even though Pixar was founded in 1986, I don't think there were any full CGI Pixar movies prior to 1995 anyway.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/10/15 at 8:36 pm

It would have to be Finding Nemo. It was one of my favorite movies to watch as a kid.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/11/15 at 12:28 am

Ocarina bro,I made my own Pixar thread months ago!!!! ;D ;D ;D  But it's okay!! My favorites are obliviously the Toy Story trilogy and The Incredibles! 8)

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/11/15 at 7:06 am

Ocarina bro,I made my own Pixar thread months ago!!!! ;D ;D ;D  But it's okay!! My favorites are obliviously the Toy Story trilogy and The Incredibles! 8)

Omg my bad man...

Anyways I was just watching The Incredibles last night! That movie is amazing

Here's my top 3:

1. Toy Story

2. Finding Nemo

3. The Incredibles

Check for new replies or respond here...