inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Walt Disney World Vacation Travel Videos from 15 Years Ago

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/06/16 at 11:52 am

Its been 15 years since the dawn of the new millennium and what isn't a better way to look back, reminisce, and see how far we've gotten in the last 15 years, then to see how something as simple as a vacation travel guide looked back then.

axycfsqdt5k

bofKHfI7cNg

Notice how dated the footage and environment is, how VERY different the world was compared to today.

Thoughts?

Also when did you (if you ever) first go to Disney World or Land and how was it?

Subject: Re: Walt Disney World Vacation Travel Video from 15 Years Ago

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/06/16 at 11:58 am

Yeah, first went back in 1999...

...I ate to much, went on some rides and then I threw up on myself. 8-P While I puked up my guts, this group of girls walked by and one said "ewww, gross!"... :-\\

When you're growing up in California, a trip to Disney Land is nothing. This happened when me and my family went to Disney World. My brother still thinks this story is hilarious but I don't find it very funny. >:(

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/06/16 at 12:08 pm

Yeah, first went back in 1999...

...I ate to much, went on some rides and then I threw up on myself. 8-P While I puked up my guts, this group of girls walked by and one said "ewww, gross!"... :-\\

When you're growing up in California, a trip to Disney Land is nothing. This happened when me and my family went to Disney World. My brother still thinks this story is hilarious but I don't find it very funny. >:(

Damn that sucks :(

I never been to DisneyLand unfortunatelty but I've been to Disney World a few times. The first time I went was in 2000 and despite being very young I remember it very well. I also remember going to Universal Studios that same year.

How's Universal Studios in LA like?

Subject: Re: Walt Disney World Vacation Travel Videos from 15 Years Ago

Written By: mqg96 on 01/06/16 at 12:14 pm

I went to Disney World in 2006 including all of the parks. Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Epcot Theme Park. We went to all the restaurants, rides, tours, and talent shows. I stayed in this huge Double Tree hotel room and we stayed in for the entire week. That was the best summer of my core childhood. I did so much that year. Including visiting Savannah, GA for the first time and going to the new Georgia Aquarium. I upgraded to a Nintendo DS and started playing online for the first time with Mario Kart DS.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/06/16 at 12:16 pm

Damn that sucks :(

I never been to DisneyLand unfortunatelty but I've been to Disney World a few times. The first time I went was in 2000 and despite being very young I remember it very well. I also remember going to Universal Studios that same year.

How's Universal Studios in LA like?

Everytime as a teenage, dude. Everytime. I was always embarrassing myself in front of girls one way or another.

Really trippy. Those 4-D rides make me feel like I'm on another planet! My favorite one was the Back to the Future ride.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/06/16 at 3:13 pm

I went to Disney World in 2006 including all of the parks. Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Epcot Theme Park. We went to all the restaurants, rides, tours, and talent shows. I stayed in this huge Double Tree hotel room and we stayed in for the entire week. That was the best summer of my core childhood. I did so much that year. Including visiting Savannah, GA for the first time and going to the new Georgia Aquarium. I upgraded to a Nintendo DS and started playing online for the first time with Mario Kart DS.

Thats awesome man! Yeah I've been there 3 times. First time in 2000, which suprisingly I remember pretty well. Especially being scared of the ride Space Mountain (what do you expect I was 4  ;D). I also vividly remember the fireworks that night with Cinderella's Castle being lit up.

My second time was in 2009, and I obviously did much more. I remember taking the tour train around the park, finally going on Space Mountain, Tomorrow Land and going on the go carts, riding on the tea cups ride, and of course 'Its a Small World'. I remember this trip very vividly and I remember the fireworks and the beautiful night sky.

Finally the most recent time was in 2014, albeit it was pretty much the same as 2009 attraction wise, but it was still fun nonetheless!

Written By: Toon on 01/06/16 at 4:50 pm

I lived in Florida in a city near Disney world. Between ages 5-8 we used to visit Disney World every summer. I never visited Disneyland, but I wish I did as I always wanted to see Mickey's Toontown. But hey the Magic Kingdom is always nice. Plus as a child I was always into Disney. I remember how back in 2003 we had over 67 VHS tapes of Disney cartoons and movies (mostly for them moments where we'd lose cable). Good times. Good times.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/24/16 at 10:10 pm

I've never been to neither Disney Land or Disney World in my life. But I think I wasn't into Disney (except for Disney Channel)  when I was little. When I was little, I was more into Nickelodeon (where I wished I've been to Nickelodeon Studios back then), Cartoon Network, and PBS Kids. I know it seems unrelated to amusement parks, but I just don't think I wanted to go to Disney Land as a kid.

Check for new replies or respond here...