inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Music Videos that represent each year of the 2000s

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 1:17 pm

Which music videos would you say scream the VIBESSSS of each year of the 2000s?

1) Try to pick only one song for each year.
2) It doesn't have to air in the same year, but I'd say it should be close enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPBIwQyPWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNSxNsr4wmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTHNpusq654

Subject: Re: Music Videos that represent each year of the 2000s

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 1:30 pm

I'm gonna do three!

qYoWZgY2HAk

u38TqU5rAyk

R4oCDAXQC34

JoC3PUBmhFs

PeLyLjYcOl4

5ZgPMES7rwc

QfcLcDBII78

AXV2BPYLHjI

06ES39mVRvs

I don't care about the years after. >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 2:11 pm

I just got done listening to all of them (this is why I said one song for each year, it takes too long to watch everything! ;D). I think Good Charlotte's Little Things was an excellent pick since it was set in high school. It really screams 2000.

Written By: Toon on 02/27/16 at 2:14 pm

IKqV7DB8Iwg

This song immediately reminds of 2004.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/27/16 at 2:15 pm

I just got done listening to all of them (this is why I said one song for each year, it takes too long to watch everything! ;D). I think Good Charlotte's Little Things was an excellent pick since it was set in high school. It really screams 2000.

Starting Line's Three's a Charm is also set in High School! That one is the definitive video for 2002 culture. Actually, all those videos are definitive for 2000-2002 in general. But when I think 2000 I definitely think Little Things or Hit or Miss!

IKqV7DB8Iwg

This song immediately reminds of 2003.

That video came out in 2004, didn't it? ???

Written By: Toon on 02/27/16 at 2:17 pm

That video came out in 2004, didn't it? ???

Oops my bad. It was 2004. Gotta fix that.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 2:25 pm

This song immediately reminds of 2004.

Great choice! I remember this song from Harold & Kumar and of course it being blasted on TV non-stop ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/29/16 at 1:24 am

eJO5HU_7_1w

YVkUvmDQ3HY

;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/01/16 at 6:26 am

KJamzD0KntE

gz0qyYtcJb4

l_on46G1ybI

HrjJdm7xZZo

zwsIoZt6vGU

CrKve5wOb6I

reWDxeUs3-w

nTUdsCiJrAY

z7hhDINyBP0

oKsxPW6i3pM

ItfdX85vaxQ

KPEQwvUs5PE

(These two brought to you by yours truly ;))

xoVlSSyM-LY

Jk9cm3RTmpw

nJyVAh47VAY

;) ;) ;)

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/16 at 7:08 pm

1) Try to pick only one song for each year.

I've made a playlist out of the videos for later viewing lol.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/01/16 at 10:53 pm

I've made a playlist out of the videos for later viewing lol.

Let me know what you think when you're done. :P

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/16 at 11:17 pm

Let me know what you think when you're done. :P

I watched them all a while ago but forgot what my opinion was LOL

Eminem - Without Me // This song is too weird to represent 2000.
Eminem - Slim Shady // Same for this one, although some of it did have the VIBESSS. Super catchy song tho.

MxPx - Responsibility // This actually looked mid-2000s to me because the golf shirts reminded me of the polo-shirt trend of the mid/late 2000s. ;D
New Found Glory - Dressed to Kill // Now this one definitely had 2000 vibes, especially that computer with the slowly loading image haha.
Midtown - Just Rock and Roll // I might not be remembering this video correctly, but it was just dudes playing guitar. Decent song though.
Mast - Where's the Dillio? // This song represents the 70s LOL. I remember listening to this song when I was kid, but I had completely forgotten about it!
Bowling for Soup - The B!tch song // This definitely gives off some VIBESS despite it being too whacky to describe day-to-day life.

Antifreeze - Ordinary // this was another video of dudes playing guitar. Not sure if it represents the year, but it's a good song.
The Ataris - Teenage Riot // I can't remember this one very well, but I think was a dude getting his guitar case stolen?
Sum 41 - Fat Lip // Haha you linked this one before, it's definitely got the VIBESSS although I'm not sure if many ordinary people were living like this.
Blink 182 - Rock Show // I forgot what this one was about, I just remember the tour bus lol. But Blink-182 in general seems to scream Y2K era haha.
Jimmy Eat World - Fat Lip // Were lingerie parties really that common?

The Starting Line - Best of Me // Is that DDR? This will definitely scream early 2000s for #Infinity.
Home Grown - You're Not Alone // This video is too good. It screams early 2000s more than anything, complete with captions!

1208-Jimmy // The video is too blurry for me to give an opinion.  :(
Audio Karate - Nintendo 89 // Unless my memory is failing me, this was mostly dudes playing guitar rather than day-to-day life.
Authority Zero - Over Seasons // This would definitely gives VIBESSS if I know what year it was from! ;D Is it 2004? ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/01/16 at 11:24 pm

I watched them all a while ago but forgot what my opinion was LOL

Eminem - Without Me // This song is too weird to represent 2000.
Eminem - Slim Shady // Same for this one, although some of it did have the VIBESSS. Super catchy song tho.

MxPx - Responsibility // This actually looked mid-2000s to me because the golf shirts reminded me of the polo-shirt trend of the mid/late 2000s. ;D
New Found Glory - Dressed to Kill // Now this one definitely had 2000 vibes, especially that computer with the slowly loading image haha.
Midtown - Just Rock and Roll // I might not be remembering this video correctly, but it was just dudes playing guitar. Decent song though.
Mast - Where's the Dillio? // This song represents the 70s LOL. I remember listening to this song when I was kid, but I had completely forgotten about it!
Bowling for Soup - The B!tch song // This definitely gives off some VIBESS despite it being too whacky to describe day-to-day life.

Antifreeze - Ordinary // this was another video of dudes playing guitar. Not sure if it represents the year, but it's a good song.
The Ataris - Teenage Riot // I can't remember this one very well, but I think was a dude getting his guitar case stolen?
Sum 41 - Fat Lip // Haha you linked this one before, it's definitely got the VIBESSS although I'm not sure if many ordinary people were living like this.
Blink 182 - Rock Show // I forgot what this one was about, I just remember the tour bus lol. But Blink-182 in general seems to scream Y2K era haha.
Jimmy Eat World - Fat Lip // Were lingerie parties really that common?

The Starting Line - Best of Me // Is that DDR? This will definitely scream early 2000s for #Infinity.
Home Grown - You're Not Alone // This video is too good. It screams early 2000s more than anything, complete with captions!

1208-Jimmy // The video is too blurry for me to give an opinion.  :(
Audio Karate - Nintendo 89 // Unless my memory is failing me, this was mostly dudes playing guitar rather than day-to-day life.
Authority Zero - Over Seasons // This would definitely gives VIBESSS if I know what year it was from! ;D Is it 2004? ;)

Dude, I put the years in bold above! :P

If you think Without Me (which came out in 2002, dude :P) and Real Slim Shady are "too weird" I am not sure if you really lived the early 00's! They really were that weird. Funny how you think Responsibility looks mid-00's (it doesn't, though. Stop. Don't disrespect 2000) even though it's from 2000. Over Seasons is 2002, though! No way that could come out in 2004! Ska was dead in 2004! Are you trolling me because you know I don't like 2004? That wink makes me think so! >:(

I sent you videos to show off the fashion and wacky attitudes of the time! :P C'mon, it is super representative of the times! I think you should rewatch all of them!!! ;D ;D ;D

You're Not Alone is the best because it's so of the times. Emo meaning sweater vests and glasses? Limp Bizkit references? Spiky haired blonde kids being stalked by goths? I don't know how you're only "just now" warming up to my theory, Mr. Canada-man, when videos like this exist.

Nintendo 89 also shows Emo (real Emo when it didn't mean hair metal MySpace rejects) dudes being wacky and goofy. I think that shows off the 2002 vibes well!

Jimmy Eat World - Fat Lip!? I know mixing rap with every rock genre ever was popular in 2000, 2001 and 2002 but I don't think Emo and Rap would go together well. Lingerie parties were very common but ol' Jordan was never invited... :-\\

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 1:37 am

Since I've pretty much hijacked this thread, I think this would be the perfect place to post a little song from my youth...

zPWr6UTZxEE

Only in 1998-2002 would something like this be allowed to exist! Man, it's hilarious when he starts rapping about the "bitches" as if he was Ja Rule or something. I totally forgot all about this song until my wife reminded me about it! I guess I spoke too soon about Emo and Rap? Though, this song leans more on the Pop Punk side of things.

I'm not a big fan of the original but I remember hearing this way back when it came out and it must of been over ten years since! The way they've redone the song it's crazy. They took a song that normally wouldn't make nostalgic for that time period and made it powerfully nostalgic for me. It's too upbeat and happy just like 1998-2002 were. Man, I miss those days!

Here's the lyrics just in case you wanna read along while you listen! ;)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/startingline/imreal.html

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/16 at 2:02 pm

Dude, I put the years in bold above! :P

If you think Without Me (which came out in 2002, dude :P) and Real Slim Shady are "too weird" I am not sure if you really lived the early 00's! They really were that weird. Funny how you think Responsibility looks mid-00's (it doesn't, though. Stop. Don't disrespect 2000) even though it's from 2000. Over Seasons is 2002, though! No way that could come out in 2004! Ska was dead in 2004! Are you trolling me because you know I don't like 2004? That wink makes me think so! >:(

I sent you videos to show off the fashion and wacky attitudes of the time! :P C'mon, it is super representative of the times! I think you should rewatch all of them!!! ;D ;D ;D

You're Not Alone is the best because it's so of the times. Emo meaning sweater vests and glasses? Limp Bizkit references? Spiky haired blonde kids being stalked by goths? I don't know how you're only "just now" warming up to my theory, Mr. Canada-man, when videos like this exist.

Nintendo 89 also shows Emo (real Emo when it didn't mean hair metal MySpace rejects) dudes being wacky and goofy. I think that shows off the 2002 vibes well!

Jimmy Eat World - Fat Lip!? I know mixing rap with every rock genre ever was popular in 2000, 2001 and 2002 but I don't think Emo and Rap would go together well. Lingerie parties were very common but ol' Jordan was never invited... :-\\

I thought the videos below the brackets were something else!  ;D

I lived the early 2000s and they weren't that weird. I don't remember a million clones of Eminem or being in an insane asylum.  ;D

Oh, lol. I think one video would be enough to represent fashion, but you really drove the point home.  ;D Some great songs too.

Hey, 2002 videos can represent the early 2000s, but can they represent 1998? ;D ;)

I will check out the other video you linked once I get home.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 2:55 pm

I thought the videos below the brackets were something else!  ;D

I lived the early 2000s and they weren't that weird. I don't remember a million clones of Eminem or being in an insane asylum.  ;D

Oh, lol. I think one video would be enough to represent fashion, but you really drove the point home.  ;D Some great songs too.

Hey, 2002 videos can represent the early 2000s, but can they represent 1998? ;D ;)

I will check out the other video you linked once I get home.

Nah. You know I gotta get my point across; leaving the year out is not the answer! ;)

That's how I remember it! Man, you need to go back to 2000-2002 and watch a bunch of late night TV because it felt like you were in another universe. Fo' real, dawg.

I think I am doing you a favor by sending you the amazing Pop Punk from my youth. ;) One video is never enough! How else am I going to drive the point home?

Yes, because in 2002, we were firmly sitting in our spirit of 1998 chairs. It was 2003 when we started to get up and move to the spirit of 2004 chair. They represent 1998 to me very well, too! Ska kids turned Emo and Rap and Pop Punk mixed then, too. ;)

I think you will love it! It's hilarious! I got even more videos that I shall post later!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/02/16 at 8:50 pm

MORE VIDEOS!

duE_pFsWWaA

Qp6Qn8IwPf8

_g19fCJotPc

3ZsqnG0L86M

7fcg6KeQjNI

Oe3BoATj-rs

uAmINmjpQxw

dhSeTnFxfN8

smtko3Ga1oM

CDl9ZMfj6aE

Za54T0KNXxU

VGRxmYXi4Io

keNRUzP2A2Q

y-jC3H_8Dk4

yYPP-aDvoHQ

Written By: 2001 on 03/05/16 at 11:18 am

I just realized "The Starting Line" comes from your own YouTube channel! ;D I'm watching the rest now, like Saturday morning cartoons :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/05/16 at 2:16 pm

I just realized "The Starting Line" comes from your own YouTube channel! ;D I'm watching the rest now, like Saturday morning cartoons :P

Like I said, brought to you by yours truly! ;)

Let me know what you think of 'em!

Written By: 2001 on 03/05/16 at 5:12 pm

You should make a playlist! Bring back early 2000s MuchMusic, except it will be through YouTube :D

Lit - Over My Head // This represents the 3000s rather well. This song came out '99 though, and as you know the Y3K vibe was fading through most of '00.
The Offspring - Original Prankster // DAMN early 2000s written all over it. That kid with the spikey hair reminds me of 50% of the dudes at school ;D
The Offspring - Want You Bad // This song sounds so much like Nothingtown, and yet you hate Nothingtown. I was thinking "Oh I heard this song before!". It's practically the same thing without the frosted tips! >:(
zebrahead - Playmate of the Year // I don't think represents the early 2000s, because I'm pretty sure all the girls prefer nu-metal guys. :P
Treble Charger - Brand New Low // Damn, I dig this song! It looks 90s though because of the video quality haha.

American Hi-fi - Flavor Of The Weak // Love this band! Heard their song "Art of Losing" first on Freaky Friday and was instantly hooked. This video represents 1986 though, as it says. :P What do you think of their latest album?
Gob - I Hear You Calling // You said this band was Canadian, yet it has soccer and cheerleaders. Posers! >:( Sick song though.
Gob - For The Moment // I have no idea what is going on here, so I'm pretty sure it represents 2001.
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal // Man, that monkey reminds me of that  movie "MVP".

Breaking Benjamin - Polyamorous // Is this nu-metal? I can see why your sister fell for the nu-metal guys instead of the pop-punk guys LOL
Bowling For Soup - Girls All the Bad Guys Want // I remember a lot of girls in my class singing this at school. It definitely wasn't a good influence lol.
Bowling For Soup - Emily // LOL this was funny. "Emily the Jaret Slayer" ;D
Good Charlotte - Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous // Man, kids would always play this song at school and act like they were so street, me included. Embarrassing ;D
Sum 41- It's What We're All About // Man, Sum 41 always brings the nostalgia back. Did they apologizee to those people they hosed down though?! >:( For Shame.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/05/16 at 9:46 pm

You should make a playlist! Bring back early 2000s MuchMusic, except it will be through YouTube :D

Lit - Over My Head // This represents the 3000s rather well. This song came out '99 though, and as you know the Y3K vibe was fading through most of '00.
The Offspring - Original Prankster // DAMN early 2000s written all over it. That kid with the spikey hair reminds me of 50% of the dudes at school ;D
The Offspring - Want You Bad // This song sounds so much like Nothingtown, and yet you hate Nothingtown. I was thinking "Oh I heard this song before!". It's practically the same thing without the frosted tips! >:(
zebrahead - Playmate of the Year // I don't think represents the early 2000s, because I'm pretty sure all the girls prefer nu-metal guys. :P
Treble Charger - Brand New Low // Damn, I dig this song! It looks 90s though because of the video quality haha.

American Hi-fi - Flavor Of The Weak // Love this band! Heard their song "Art of Losing" first on Freaky Friday and was instantly hooked. This video represents 1986 though, as it says. :P What do you think of their latest album?
Gob - I Hear You Calling // You said this band was Canadian, yet it has soccer and cheerleaders. Posers! >:( Sick song though.
Gob - For The Moment // I have no idea what is going on here, so I'm pretty sure it represents 2001.
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal // Man, that monkey reminds me of that  movie "MVP".

Breaking Benjamin - Polyamorous // Is this nu-metal? I can see why your sister fell for the nu-metal guys instead of the pop-punk guys LOL
Bowling For Soup - Girls All the Bad Guys Want // I remember a lot of girls in my class singing this at school. It definitely wasn't a good influence lol.
Bowling For Soup - Emily // LOL this was funny. "Emily the Jaret Slayer" ;D
Good Charlotte - Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous // Man, kids would always play this song at school and act like they were so street, me included. Embarrassing ;D
Sum 41- It's What We're All About // Man, Sum 41 always brings the nostalgia back. Did they apologizee to those people they hosed down though?! >:( For Shame.

I can do that! But don't you worry, I will add more videos to this thread!

I did come out in 2000! It's even off their 2001 album! You are making me upset when you say the Y2K vibe was fading throughout 2000 (as we both know, you're 3 years late, Mister!). 1999-2002 was nothing more than an extension of 1998! >:( Do I have to send you the lyrics to Dangers of Nu Metal again!?

It does not sound like Nothingtown, though! Nothingtown is ultra lame but Original Prankster is super rad. I assume this was 2000-2002 when all the guys frosted their tips? Good times...

At first I read you saying how it doesn't represent the early 00's and I thought "How!!??" but then I saw what you said about Nu Metal guys. Very clever...

The original is better quality but the uploader but a crappy version up. I might have a HQ tape to upload but I have to look through my collection.

Blood and Lemonaid? I haven't listened to it. Does it sound early 00's? If so, I will listen and possibly enjoy.

Gob is true Canadian music. They bring me waayyyy back to the early 00's. Soccer and upsetting your grandma = Canada in 2000-2002.

It's Nu Metally-Post-Grungy-Pop Punk and it's the only thing close to Nu Metal and Post-Grunge that I will ever enjoy. I'd rather my sister have stayed away from all the boys in general... No dating until 50 I'd say! She just wouldn't have it, though. I don't understand how you can say stuff like this. Nu Metal is evil.

Bowling for Soup are troubled souls who have also had to deal with the dangers of Nu Metal, too... Or Emily dating old men over Jared...

It's funny 'cause Good Charlotte always added rap in their music (WHY DID ALMOST EVERY POP PUNK BAND HAVE AT LEAST ONE RAP SONG!?!?)

I hope they did not apologize. Sum 41 ain't doin' no apologizin'.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/06/16 at 12:53 am

MORE, MORE, MORE!

Jsj53_GgqgU

2MRdtXWcgIw

R98MZSEFy8o

da0JwKT3GyM

cDBlqu6KF4k

qG7DYFnExM4

ZvzHyHgc4lA

Ana6B2ip6kI

y13YF3re7MQ

g5f-2u1gX6Y

-q2LXxe5xtQ

EkzVHer6B8A

2iCGJoEFxdY

uXFqT-O9hbg

ROatPGGMvXg

yhX6SxbaYyE

8NPDRhWksu8

m79JJKnKDKI

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/07/16 at 3:03 am

It's time for...

MORE VIDEOS!!!!

9Ht5RZpzPqw

kMOeTLLeaDU

rvi5qdhjSJ4

svrvyuWgHew

Mil6hupoBpY

gNotaBtMORM

zAdRBwog7O0

-KfnZJKM8YQ

0_I_6lZSCnU

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/16 at 10:14 am

I haven't even got through the first batch! Although I've already watched most of the ones in your second post, so that should be quick aka I won't rewatch them LOL

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/07/16 at 3:52 pm

I haven't even got through the first batch! Although I've already watched most of the ones in your second post, so that should be quick aka I won't rewatch them LOL

Just make sure you watch them and give thoughtful reviews on them. Don't you worry, I got more. ;)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/07/16 at 2:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlCC1GOwFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIy3n2b7V9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWIbIe0N90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBfHwUxHIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

There you go, every year of the 2000's. :P What do you think?

Check for new replies or respond here...