inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 6th Generation of Gaming vs 7th Generation of Gaming

Written By: muppethammer26 on 02/28/16 at 9:06 am

Which gen do you prefer?

The 6th generation consisted of Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube and Xbox.

The 7th generation consisted of PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.

The Gamecube was the 3rd console I ever played in my life (after the N64 and PS1). I also have played the Wii and the Xbox 360 and I still have both. However, I have never owned a PS2 or PS3 during the times of both generations, even though I happened to picked up an old PS2 last year. Both generations were great, but I'm prefer the 7th gen, because the 7th gen had slightly more great games and introduced online gaming.

Subject: Re: 6th Generation of Gaming vs 7th Generation of Gaming

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 9:08 am

I'd prefer the 7th generation of gaming, since that was when I started to play video games. Although, I'm more interested with games from the early-mid 90s, since that was when the Genesis vs. Super Nintendo debate happened.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/28/16 at 9:51 am

Definitely 6th generation gaming by a landslide, it was basically an extension of 5th generation gaming. The Gamecube and PS2 offered the best gaming experience at the time despite me owning a Gamecube and XBOX. Now 6th generation gaming for Nintendo, Mario was still in a bronze age because of games like Luigi's Manson, Super Mario Sunshine, and all of the Super Mario Bros NES and SNES remakes being released for the Gameboy Advance. 7th generation for Nintendo, Mario entered a Renaissance Age or new golden age with New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy but for the rest of the games like 2nd or 3rd party it went downhill and Nintendo changed their focus on casual gamers with motion control games. Overall when it comes to true Nintendo gaming with all the variety of 1st party, 2nd party, and 3rd party games, the Gamecube definitely beats the Wii. However, when it comes to Mario games, the Wii and DS beats the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance. Online gaming was a great experience especially when it was brand new, but it did have some pros and cons on certain genres and franchises in the long run.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 9:55 am

I preferred the 7th. It was more original and returned to focus back to multiplayer.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/28/16 at 10:15 am

I preferred the 7th. It was more original and returned to focus back to multiplayer.

7th generation gaming was epic from 2006-2009.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 10:25 am

7th generation gaming was epic from 2006-2009.

Yeah, that's when it was at its peak. I really like 2010 and 2011 as well.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/28/16 at 10:51 am

Yeah, that's when it was at its peak. I really like 2010 and 2011 as well.

I liked 2010-2012 for the XBOX 360 personally.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/28/16 at 10:56 am

6th generation.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 10:56 am

I liked 2010-2012 for the XBOX 360 personally.

Yeah. 2006-2008 for Wii, then 2009-2011/12 for Xbox 360. Although early 2007 was pretty bare for Wii releases.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/28/16 at 11:08 am

Yeah. 2006-2008 for Wii, then 2009-2011/12 for Xbox 360. Although early 2007 was pretty bare for Wii releases.

I didn't even get the Wii until Christmas 2007 anyway, which makes 2008 the first full year I had the console. So throughout 2006 & 2007 I spent my time on the DS and still played on my Gamecube and XBOX sometimes. My Wii came with Wii Sports, for my 12th birthday in 2008 I got Super Mario Galaxy which was my favorite 3-D platform Mario game, in May 2008 right after I finished 6th grade I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, in August 2008 I got Mario Kart Wii which was my least Mario Kart console game of all the ones I played but still an amazing/fun game overall, and in Christmas 2009 I got New Super Mario Bros. Wii. In 2011 I got an XBOX 360 with the Kinect and Call of Duty Black Ops, and later on I got some Madden games and NCAA Football 14. Then I got Assassins Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Saints Row 2, and a couple more games. I wish I would have owned one of the Batman: Arkham games or Street Fighter IV though, which I played at friends' houses.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 11:15 am

I didn't even get the Wii until Christmas 2007 anyway, which makes 2008 the first full year I had the console. So throughout 2006 & 2007 I spent my time on the DS and still played on my Gamecube and XBOX sometimes. My Wii came with Wii Sports, for my 12th birthday in 2008 I got Super Mario Galaxy which was my favorite 3-D platform Mario game, in May 2008 right after I finished 6th grade I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, in August 2008 I got Mario Kart Wii which was my least Mario Kart console game of all the ones I played but still an amazing/fun game overall, and in Christmas 2009 I got New Super Mario Bros. Wii. In 2011 I got an XBOX 360 with the Kinect and Call of Duty Black Ops, and later on I got some Madden games and NCAA Football 14. Then I got Assassins Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Saints Row 2, and a couple more games. I wish I would have owned one of the Batman: Arkham games or Street Fighter IV though, which I played at friends' houses.

Nice! Did you play Metroid Prime 3? What about Assassin's Creed 2?

Written By: mqg96 on 02/28/16 at 11:17 am

Nice! Did you play Metroid Prime 3? What about Assassin's Creed 2?

I never got into the Metroid games, I just played her on Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl that's all! I wish I had played Assassin's Creed 2 though, I heard it was a lot better than the 3rd one, but can't change the past though.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 11:19 am

I never got into the Metroid games, I just played her on Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl that's all! I wish I had played Assassin's Creed 2 though, I heard it was a lot better than the 3rd one, but can't change the past though.

Ha! It's never too late. The games are probably $10 now  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/28/16 at 3:00 pm

7th Generation.

Written By: Toon on 02/28/16 at 3:10 pm

7th Gen in a Nutshell (For the Wii)
http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/loldrums.gif

In all seriousness the 7th gen isn't so bad. But I mostly preferred the 6th gen. But the 7th gen had fun games like Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Street fighter 4, Mario Kart Wii, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Kameo Elements of Power, Viva Pinata, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction and many more.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/28/16 at 4:01 pm

6th-Gen was a lot more diverse.  It was easily the prime of Dance Dance Revolution, and franchises such as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater/Underground and SSX were still going really strong.  The seventh-generation is good if you're into FPS's, war games, and cinematic video games, but disappointing if your tastes are like mine.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 4:09 pm

6th-Gen was a lot more diverse.  It was easily the prime of Dance Dance Revolution, and franchises such as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater/Underground and SSX were still going really strong.  The seventh-generation is good if you're into FPS's, war games, and cinematic video games, but disappointing if your tastes are like mine.

I didn't get into DDR, but I did get into Just Dance which I thought was a really fun party game. In fact it is still pretty popular. There were other music games as well, such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/28/16 at 7:30 pm

7th Gen in a Nutshell (For the Wii)
http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/loldrums.gif

In all seriousness the 7th gen isn't so bad. But I mostly preferred the 6th gen. But the 7th gen had fun games like Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Street fighter 5, Mario Kart Wii, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Kameo Elements of Power, Viva Pinata, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction and many more.

Street Fighter V just came out, and it has this new character in there..........................

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5UNBsgtAYxs/maxresdefault.jpg

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/28/16 at 7:35 pm

Street Fighter V just came out, and it has this new character in there..........................

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Woooh Weeeh baby! :D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/28/16 at 7:37 pm

Also I think I already made this thread before! >:(

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/28/16 at 7:39 pm

I didn't get into DDR, but I did get into Just Dance which I thought was a really fun party game. In fact it is still pretty popular. There were other music games as well, such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Am I the only one that felt Guitar Hero was neither 6th gen or 7th gen, just a mixture of the two. Like its main popularity spanned from 2005-2008 so basically the transition from 6th-7th gen.

There seems to be a lot of controversy with this game not having a Classic Mode and the PC Version have a lot of bugs. I think I'll wait out and see how this plays out...

Also I think I already made this thread before! >:(

Come to think of it I think you did!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/28/16 at 7:48 pm

More corey videos!
HS7Xkd-613E GBglr17WuSc

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/28/16 at 7:59 pm

HxHVca9HxBA

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/28/16 at 8:01 pm

InpRRjVxrlI XN6yTjiG4PY

Written By: muppethammer26 on 02/29/16 at 5:38 pm

I just found an older thread that is exactly like this:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=51582.0

Can you please merge the two threads about the 6th/7th gen gaming? Sorry for creating a new one, because I didn't know the older thread exists and I wanted to talk about the 2000s gaming.

Written By: Toon on 02/29/16 at 5:45 pm

My bad that was a typo. As for the REAL Street Fighter 5 I can easily say that I'm very disappointed. But this was expected from a company such as Capcom.

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/16 at 6:40 pm

Phoenix Wright anybody? :D

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/11/16 at 7:02 pm

I just found an older thread that is exactly like this:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=51582.0

Can you please merge the two threads about the 6th/7th gen gaming? Sorry for creating a new one, because I didn't know the older thread exists and I wanted to talk about the 2000s gaming.

Its off how the mod recently locked recently made threads in this section, but wouldn't merge this one with the original.

Check for new replies or respond here...