inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where's ocarinafan?

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/25/16 at 1:40 pm

He was a swell poster, why did he leave?

I've got a theory: two weeks ago, there was an article about how most of Gen Z was bisexual, and it said they were 13-20 years old. Maybe he got depressed and left - not because of the bisexuality, but because the media continues to lump him into those damn selfie-taking Minecraft Zers, though he feels more like he's Gen Y - just kidding. ;D

Subject: Re: Where's ocarinafan?

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/16 at 1:46 pm

Most of Gen Z is bisexual?! I wish I was Gen Z now LOL

Ocarinafan was a cool dude. I hope he comes back soon, it sucks to lose one of the team. The forum is rather small so any loss or absence of members is easily noticeable :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/16 at 1:59 pm

He probably had to deal with college. I don't know. If I lived in New Jersey, I wish I was one of his friends. Despite being 3 years younger than him. Then I would tell everyone.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/16 at 2:21 pm

He was a swell poster, why did he leave?

I've got a theory: two weeks ago, there was an article about how most of Gen Z was bisexual, and it said they were 13-20 years old.

I wouldn't really think that Gen Z is bisexual. I'm part of early Gen Z and I'm a straight heterosexual, for crying out loud. So, I don't really think that's true.

Maybe he got depressed and left - not because of the bisexuality, but because the media continues to lump him into those damn selfie-taking Minecraft Zers, though he feels more like he's Gen Y - just kidding. ;D

I don't think ocarinafan96 was bisexual. He never mentioned anything about his sexuality at all. So it's mysterious to think that he's part of the LGBT community. Also, the "selfie-taking Minecraft" thing is probably a stereotype to Gen Zers. I f*cking hate Minecraft with a passion. Same with taking selfies. Both of them are just stupid as f*ck, and they shouldn't be trends in the first place. It's what made the Internet cancerous since 2013 for crying out loud.

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/16 at 2:32 pm

Oh man, I'm seriously nostalgic for Minecraft. I remember when my friends bought the early beta (the one that guaranteed free future updates) back in 2010 and we'd go to Tim Hortons and play it all day on Saturdays. There were a lot of awesome PC games that year, there was Starcraft 2 and DOTA 2 as well.  :o

We're 92/93ers. Are we Gen Z for liking this game? ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/16 at 2:38 pm

Oh man, I'm seriously nostalgic for Minecraft. I remember when my friends bought the early beta (the one that guaranteed free future updates) back in 2010 and we'd go to Tim Hortons and play it all day on Saturdays. There were a lot of awesome PC games that year, there was Starcraft 2 and DOTA 2 as well.  :o

I was saying that to counter the article's argument on saying Gen Zers are selfie-taking Minecraft players. Especially since I hate the Minecraft fandom so much, I would just say it other wise.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/25/16 at 3:09 pm

I see you're joking there lol, but nope, that really wasn't his reason at all. Ocarinafan is a straight person. I can't believe exactly one year later after I first met him on personality cafe he would unexpectedly leave like this though. I understand his situation though and real life always comes first.

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/33/92/3392edca1d4b41a67511b2595585d35d.png    http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/7f/0b/7f0bccb662b205850c0f5da998179bd1.png

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/16 at 3:55 pm

I see you're joking there lol, but nope, that really wasn't his reason at all. Ocarinafan is a straight person. I can't believe exactly one year later after I first met him on personality cafe he would unexpectedly leave like this though. I understand his situation though and real life always comes first.

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/33/92/3392edca1d4b41a67511b2595585d35d.png    http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/7f/0b/7f0bccb662b205850c0f5da998179bd1.png

Yeah, he could've take a break or something, instead of deleting his InThe00s account. We were always there for him, as internet buddies.

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/25/16 at 4:03 pm

I wasn't joking about his sexuality, I was joking about how this article 2 weeks ago said Gen Z was 13-20 now (which would include him), and he was so mad about being Z and not Y that he thought "That tears it, I'm not talking about generations online anymore". ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/16 at 4:05 pm

I wasn't joking about his sexuality, I was joking about how this article 2 weeks ago said Gen Z was 13-20 now (which would include him), and he was so mad about being Z and not Y that he thought "That tears it, I'm not talking about generations online anymore". ;D

I don't see any evidence stating that ocarinafan96 said that. Where in the hell did he say that? InThe00s? Personality Cafe?

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/16 at 4:32 pm

I don't see any evidence stating that ocarinafan96 said that. Where in the hell did he say that? InThe00s? Personality Cafe?

Zelek's just joking.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/16 at 4:34 pm

Zelek's just joking.

Oh.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/26/16 at 3:14 pm

Well, if that's the case then us '80s babies must be Gen Z too, because I know quite a few people (myself included) that love Minecraft. ;)

I've seen this stuff before about Minecraft being a Gen Z "thing" and it just seems odd to me. I know alot of younger kids like the game, but it also has considerable cross-generational appeal. Hell, there's a guy I work with that's in his mid 40's who's a huge Minecraft fan.

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/26/16 at 3:17 pm

Well, most of the fans of Minecraft you see on Steam, YouTube, Facebook, etc. seem to be 8-14 year olds. :P So I can see where the whole "Minecraft = Gen Z" idea comes in.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/26/16 at 3:19 pm

Well, most of the fans of Minecraft you see on Steam, YouTube, Facebook, etc. seem to be 8-14 year olds. :P So I can see where the whole "Minecraft = Gen Z" idea comes in.

Especially in Minecon, they're mostly kids.

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/16 at 3:23 pm

Well, if that's the case then us '80s babies must be Gen Z too, because I know quite a few people (myself included) that love Minecraft. ;)

I've seen this stuff before about Minecraft being a Gen Z "thing" and it just seems odd to me. I know alot of younger kids like the game, but it also has considerable cross-generational appeal. Hell, there's a guy I work with that's in his mid 40's who's a huge Minecraft fan.

I think it's because the game released on various other platforms later on: Xbox 360, iPad, mobile phones etc. Many seem to think it's a kids game now.

Check for new replies or respond here...