inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your favorite websites in the early-mid 2000s?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/07/16 at 6:51 pm

Inspired by Slim95's thread on StupidVideos.com, I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread about reminiscing on sites that we went to in the 2000-2006 era. It was a really good time, since barely anybody went on sites like YouTube, Facebook, or even Twitter back then. None of them didn't exist in the early 2000s, but they still exist in the mid 2000s. To start off, my favorite websites were the Nickelodeon and PBS Kids websites. Along with websites that had flash games, which I thought were really cool back in the day.

Subject: Re: What was your favorite websites in the early-mid 2000s?

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/07/16 at 7:51 pm

I don't remember any websites in the Early 2000s since they were for learning in computer class at school. They were still fun though. By 2004, I enjoyed Cartoon Network.com. All man. The game adapts of Courage The Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventure of Billy And Mandy, Megas XLR and Teen Titans were amazing, even if I was scared to play both. I watched my brother play Teen Titans and XLR. By 2006, I was fascinated by this site that lets you view old web pages. I forgot the name of it, but it was recently discussed on this site.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/07/16 at 7:53 pm

I loved DDR Freak and Amazon back around the mid-2000s The former was the first ever message board I ever posted on, where I talked liberally about my favorite gaming franchise of all time. I was highly active during roughly the span of the whole year of 2006, after which I got more interested in DDR simulation websites like DDRExtreme.co.uk and Best-Mix.net. I got into a lot of drama back in my DDR Freak days, due to my awkward social skills at the time, but it was such a relief to actually communicate with other people who shared my interests!

Amazon was incredibly fun to visit back in the 2000s just for the customer reviews, lists, and shopping guides. I learned so much about popular culture just by reading Anthony Rupert's hundreds of album reviews of every genre (plus his best of and worst of guides for each year), as well as anything written by Eggplant, a misfit of his generation (born 1986) who was extremely nostalgic for the mid-90s and 1970s, who had some pretty harsh thoughts about 2000s adolescent culture but also a lot of down to earth common sense. I miss both reviewers, just as much as I miss Amazon's pre-social media-style era. Listmanias and So You'd Like To... guides no longer even exist there, an absolute travesty that really points to the anti-intellectualism of this decade's Internet culture.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/07/16 at 8:14 pm

FunnyJunk, Neopets, Habbo Hotel, MyCoke, Google Video, Metacafe and more! I also went on Addicting Games and MiniClip a lot too. I think FunnyJunk.com took most of my time haha.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/07/16 at 8:51 pm

I don't remember any websites in the Early 2000s since they were for learning in computer class at school. They were still fun though. By 2004, I enjoyed Cartoon Network.com. All man. The game adapts of Courage The Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventure of Billy And Mandy, Megas XLR and Teen Titans were amazing, even if I was scared to play both. I watched my brother play Teen Titans and XLR. By 2006, I was fascinated by this site that lets you view old web pages. I forgot the name of it, but it was recently discussed on this site.

Was it Wayback Archive?

Written By: mqg96 on 07/07/16 at 9:22 pm

When my family got Windows XP in late 2001/early 2002, that's when I started playing games on the internet regularly. Throughout my childhood since 2002, I'd get on websites like Cartoon Network, Disney, Planet Hot Wheels, Pokemon, RuneScape, Funbrain, or Newgrounds.

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/07/16 at 9:45 pm

RatherGood.com
YTMND
Stupid Videos
New grounds

When my family got Windows XP in late 2001/early 2002, that's when I started playing games on the internet regularly. Throughout my childhood since 2002, I'd get on websites like Cartoon Network, Disney, Planet Hot Wheels, Pokemon, RuneScape, Funbrain, or Newgrounds.

Did you ever stumble across any of NG's, err... suggestive content? Like, they had a lot of content and action games that were pretty kid-friendly, but they also had a lot of content that was definitely NOT for kids, and a kid could stumble upon it easily by accident, lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/07/16 at 10:50 pm

I loved FunnyJunk.com. Do you guys remember that site?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 07/08/16 at 12:10 am

sissyfight.com
newgrounds.com

Written By: Howard on 07/08/16 at 7:02 am

Yes, I remember that site.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/08/16 at 8:22 am

Did you ever stumble across any of NG's, err... suggestive content? Like, they had a lot of content and action games that were pretty kid-friendly, but they also had a lot of content that was definitely NOT for kids, and a kid could stumble upon it easily by accident, lol.

I don't know. Mqg96 had a sort of strict mom, so I'm not sure if he'll go through suggestive content on Newgrounds as a kid.

Written By: aja675 on 07/08/16 at 8:54 am

www.whoohoo.co.uk

Written By: mqg96 on 07/08/16 at 9:24 am

I don't know. Mqg96 had a sort of strict mom, so I'm not sure if he'll go through suggestive content on Newgrounds as a kid.

The title of this thread was "what was your favorite websites from the early-mid 2000's", so in other words, from 2000-2006. I discovered Newgrounds in 2006, even though the majority of my time on that site was throughout the late 2000's, so I still included it. I still did some stuff I wasn't supposed to behind my parents back as a child of course lol! My mom was more strict about what I put my eyes on growing up, but my dad was more lenient though. Out of all the sites I went on throughout my childhood, I think Planet Hot Wheels was my favorite, but unfortunately it was shutdown in 2004. I forgot to mention Club Penguin as well. Another useful tool I used on these kid sites growing up is that by the time I was be able to tell time on the clock by 1st grade, I was able to get on the Cartoon Network or Disney sites to look at the schedule and know what was coming on at certain times during the day. It was a huge useful tool throughout my childhood.

Written By: The Athlete on 07/08/16 at 9:39 am

Having been a regular Cartoon Network viewer from 2000/01 to 2007/08, its site was my favourite as there were a lot of games both on the .it and .com site (btw I loved the cereal breakfast advertises on the .com site, here in Italy we didn't and still don't have Froot Loops, Apple Jacks and all that sort of coloured cereals) and I also navigated a lot on Cartoon Orbit. I loved that site especially because of the graphics: Italian sites' graphics were pretty basic so you can imagine my wonder when I first looked at the Cartoon Orbit ones. I also have to thank the CN.com site (and Smackdown Here Comes The Pain tbh) as it was my first encounter with the English language, I wouldn't probably be "this good" if I didn't navigate on it back in 2002.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/08/16 at 1:50 pm

I use to visit this site a lot when it was just inthe80s.com. I also liked Rubylane.com. Who else remembers when you could make your own webpages on Angelfire?

Written By: Howard on 07/08/16 at 2:26 pm

www.whoohoo.co.uk

That was pretty funny. ;D

Written By: GH1996 on 07/09/16 at 12:50 am

Newgrounds/Miniclip/Addictinggames.com
Nexopia.com (Kinda like myspace at the time)
Runescape.com
Youtube (when it first came out it was pretty cool)
Funnyjunk.com

I know there was plenty of other sites i just can't remember :P

Written By: GH1996 on 07/09/16 at 1:17 am

Super weird story.... was just checking out my local newspapers site on waybackarchive and clicked randomly on a date in 2005 and on the front page there's a story of a friend/coach of mine that was beaten with a machete at a party when he was in high school...

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/09/16 at 5:12 am

MySpace
Ebaumsworld (to watch funny videos and cartoons, before there was YouTube)
Yahoo Music (to watch music videos, before there was YouTube)
Yahoo Games

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/09/16 at 11:43 am

To be honest, I didn't really use the internet all that much until 2006, when I finally was able to get DSL. It was just such a pain back in the dial-up era. I liked sites such as Ebaumsworld and Newgrounds back then, but trying to watch videos on those sites was nearly impossible on a 28k connection, which is what we had back in the early '00s. Even trying to load basic webpages could take a minute or more depending on the size of the page.

Still, when I did get online, my most common sites were typical stuff like Amazon, Ebay, Yahoo, Google, and the like. I also used to go to Gamespot.com alot to read previews of upcoming video games. One site I really liked back in the day was Television Without Pity. Does anyone remember that site? I used to love to read their snarky reviews of shows like 7th Heaven, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Dawson's Creek back in the early '00s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/09/16 at 12:02 pm

To be honest, I didn't really use the internet all that much until 2006, when I finally was able to get DSL. It was just such a pain back in the dial-up era. I liked sites such as Ebaumsworld and Newgrounds back then, but trying to watch videos on those sites was nearly impossible on a 28k connection, which is what we had back in the early '00s. Even trying to load basic webpages could take a minute or more depending on the size of the page.

Still, when I did get online, my most common sites were typical stuff like Amazon, Ebay, Yahoo, Google, and the like. I also used to go to Gamespot.com alot to read previews of upcoming video games. One site I really liked back in the day was Television Without Pity. Does anyone remember that site? I used to love to read their snarky reviews of shows like 7th Heaven, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Dawson's Creek back in the early '00s.

You had a 28k connection? Damn. Most of the people I knew who had dial up in the 90s/early 2000s had 52k connections. That's gotta be really slow for an Internet service like that.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/09/16 at 12:23 pm

You had a 28k connection? Damn. Most of the people I knew who had dial up in the 90s/early 2000s had 52k connections. That's gotta be really slow for an Internet service like that.

Tell me about it. ;D

I lived in a really small rural town growing up (less than 4,000 people), so the ISP options for us back then were very limited. We didn't get 56k speed until around 2003, and DSL wasn't available here until 2005. And yes it was terrible. On a 28k connection, even trying to do something as simple as open a large JPEG image in a separate window could take upwards of a minute. :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/09/16 at 12:33 pm

Tell me about it. ;D

I lived in a really small rural town growing up (less than 4,000 people), so the ISP options for us back then were very limited. We didn't get 56k speed until around 2003, and DSL wasn't available here until 2005. And yes it was terrible. On a 28k connection, even trying to do something as simple as open a large JPEG image in a separate window could take upwards of a minute. :o

That sounds really bad to grow up with a 28k connection. I grew up in a suburban town, but at least they had 52k dial up in the 90s/early 2000s. My family got broadband in 2004, since I loved using their computer so much. I always thought 28k dial-up never existed, and that everybody grew up with 52k or something like that back then.

Written By: 2001 on 07/09/16 at 4:27 pm

But I'm le tired.

edit: I just realized Reddit stole the "le" meme from Funnyjunk  :o Unoriginal.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/16 at 5:39 pm

faster internet service didn't come till late 2000's.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/09/16 at 6:06 pm

faster internet service didn't come till late 2000's.

Then how come broadband Internet became popular in the mid 2000s?

Written By: nally on 07/09/16 at 11:12 pm

I regularly visited MSN.com in the early-mid 2000s to play the various games they had on that site then; there were some interesting ones.

I also visited Amiright regularly back then, and still do. (And now, for the past ten years, I have been an editor there!)

Written By: 2001 on 07/10/16 at 3:07 am

I regularly visited MSN.com in the early-mid 2000s to play the various games they had on that site then; there were some interesting ones.

I also visited Amiright regularly back then, and still do. (And now, for the past ten years, I have been an editor there!)

Yahoo! had some great games too. It was called Yahooligans. I used to play checkers on it.

For my favourite website of the early-mid 2000s, I'd have to go with Yahoo! Music. As batfan said, it was where you'd go to watch music videos before YouTube. It also had a neat radio feature that shuffled songs from your favourite genres. Honourable mentions to Funnyjunk, Habbo Hotel and iSketch.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/16 at 2:36 pm

Then how come broadband Internet became popular in the mid 2000s?

I guess that's what people wanted during that time. ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 2:44 pm

I used to remember visiting MSN.com back in the mid 2000s, where I could go and play some of their games too. Good times. Especially when their logo looked like this, instead of the simplistic one we have now.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/9/92/MSN_logo.svg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20130328014649

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 6:26 pm

I used to remember visiting MSN.com back in the mid 2000s, where I could go and play some of their games too. Good times. Especially when their logo looked like this, instead of the simplistic one we have now.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/9/92/MSN_logo.svg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20130328014649

Yeah, I liked that colorful butterfly logo too.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 6:29 pm

Yeah, I liked that colorful butterfly logo too.

I really miss seeing that logo. It used to bring me good times when MSN was really great.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 6:33 pm

I really miss seeing that logo. It used to bring me good times when MSN was really great.

Same with me. My very first email account was on Hotmail, which was through MSN, so anytime I signed out of Hotmail, it took me to the MSN homepage and naturally I'd wanna check out what was on there. And that's where I found various games to play (including a Mahjong game, as well as Bejeweled and Cubis); I would sometimes do this in a computer lab at CSUN during my free time.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/10/16 at 6:42 pm

Halloweenmovies.com

I love the Halloween movies, and I go there and spy on the people on the Halloween threads.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 6:51 pm

Same with me. My very first email account was on Hotmail, which was through MSN, so anytime I signed out of Hotmail, it took me to the MSN homepage and naturally I'd wanna check out what was on there. And that's where I found various games to play (including a Mahjong game, as well as Bejeweled and Cubis); I would sometimes do this in a computer lab at CSUN during my free time.

I usually played Bejeweled on Shockwave.com, but sometimes I play it on MSN Games in 2005/6.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 6:56 pm

I usually played Bejeweled on Shockwave.com, but sometimes I play it on MSN Games in 2005/6.

I just know that I remember first finding a Bejeweled game online in about 2001/2 (in fact, according to Wiki, it was new around that time), during my first year at Cal State Northridge. I think I might have noticed someone playing it, so I tried to find the game myself so I could play it too.

It was also around that time when I found a "Collapse" game, but I forget which website I found it on first.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 7:02 pm

I just know that I remember first finding a Bejeweled game online in about 2001/2 (in fact, according to Wiki, it was new around that time), during my first year at Cal State Northridge. I think I might have noticed someone playing it, so I tried to find the game myself so I could play it too.

It was also around that time when I found a "Collapse" game, but I forget which website I found it on first.

Collapse? Like those games were you go and destroy blocks? Man, I love those. I could vividly remember playing the Spongebob Squarepants version, since I was really into Spongebob back when I was in elementary school. Man, those were the days.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 7:06 pm

Collapse? Like those games were you go and destroy blocks? Man, I love those. I could vividly remember playing the Spongebob Squarepants version, since I was really into Spongebob back when I was in elementary school. Man, those were the days.

Yeah, the blocks build one layer at a time, and you have to click on contiguous blocks (of 3 or more) that are the same color; they'll disappear and that'll earn you points. If the pile of blocks gets to the top of the screen, the game is over.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 7:15 pm

Yeah, the blocks build one layer at a time, and you have to click on contiguous blocks (of 3 or more) that are the same color; they'll disappear and that'll earn you points. If the pile of blocks gets to the top of the screen, the game is over.

Yeah, that was really cool when I played them.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 7:17 pm

Yeah, that was really cool when I played them.

Yup. Every few levels or so, I think they added a new color to the mix, thereby making it harder to clear the board. Sometimes they'd throw in a colored bomb; clicking that made ALL blocks of that color disappear.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 7:20 pm

Yup. Every few levels or so, I think they added a new color to the mix, thereby making it harder to clear the board. Sometimes they'd throw in a colored bomb; clicking that made ALL blocks of that color disappear.

That used to be my favorite power-up while playing the game. It was really cool for me to see the colored blocks to be blown up with the bomb.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 7:27 pm

That used to be my favorite power-up while playing the game. It was really cool for me to see the colored blocks to be blown up with the bomb.

Yes, those were helpful. Especially if the stack of blocks was already getting too high.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/10/16 at 7:28 pm

Yes, those were helpful. Especially if the stack of blocks was already getting too high.

Yeah. I always used the colorful bomb when the stacks were getting high, so that I wouldn't get a Game Over quickly.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/16 at 2:50 pm

http://www.thelogomix.com/files/u2/msn.jpg
new MSN logo 2016

Written By: Slim95 on 07/11/16 at 3:18 pm

new MSN logo 2016

I prefer the modern msn logo but the old one was fine as well.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/11/16 at 4:06 pm

new MSN logo 2016

http://dmr2dn0zhdkwo.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/no-thank-you-gif.gif

Written By: 2001 on 07/11/16 at 4:33 pm

The real news to me is that MSN still exists. :o

What's the point of keeping it up if MSN Messenger doesn't exist anymore lol.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/11/16 at 4:59 pm

The funny thing is that Skype used to be MSN Messenger before Microsoft owned Skype. Which is why you could use your Microsoft account on Skype, if you didn't have a Skype account. But yeah, MSN seems really bizarre to still exist in this time.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/11/16 at 7:58 pm

The funny thing is that Skype used to be MSN Messenger before Microsoft owned Skype. Which is why you could use your Microsoft account on Skype, if you didn't have a Skype account. But yeah, MSN seems really bizarre to still exist in this time.

It's not that bizarre. A lot of people have hotmail accounts still.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/11/16 at 8:16 pm

new MSN logo 2016

Oh God, it's UGLY! Sorry MSN :(

The old MSN logo was much more refined and looked far better than the new one.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/11/16 at 8:17 pm

It's not that bizarre. A lot of people have hotmail accounts still.

Well yeah, but they mostly made them during the early-mid 2000s before MSN became obscure.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/11/16 at 8:20 pm

;D ;D ;D I can't help it!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/11/16 at 8:21 pm

;D ;D ;D I can't help it!

It's okay. The new MSN logo doesn't even look as unique as the older one.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/11/16 at 8:37 pm

I guess I'm the only one who likes the new, minimalist look of the logo. The old was looks nice too but it is slightly more tacky.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/11/16 at 8:37 pm

It's okay. The new MSN logo doesn't even look as unique as the older one.

Hmm, true. I just find it hilarious. Some people like it, which is fine I guess. I wonder what they will do next?

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/11/16 at 10:57 pm

Was it Wayback Archive?

That should be it.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/16 at 2:55 pm

They like the site because of the news.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/16 at 2:56 pm

I agree.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/12/16 at 6:22 pm

They like the site because of the news.

I barely known anybody who uses MSN just for the news in this day and age.

Written By: nally on 07/12/16 at 6:27 pm

new MSN logo 2016

Not nearly as good as the new one. :P

http://dmr2dn0zhdkwo.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/no-thank-you-gif.gif

My thoughts exactly.

Written By: nally on 07/12/16 at 6:36 pm

Yeah, they go to news-oriented websites, such as CNN.com or MSNBC.com. There are also websites for local TV and radio stations all across the U.S.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/12/16 at 7:49 pm

Yeah, they go to news-oriented websites, such as CNN.com or MSNBC.com. There are also websites for local TV and radio stations all across the U.S.

What a coincidence.  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/12/16 at 8:08 pm

What a coincidence.  ;D

Just because MSNBC basically has MSN in it, that doesn't mean it was really MSN as a news network. Unless that was a joke, nonetheless. The MS on MSNBC probably stand for Microsoft, since the network is associated with the company.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/12/16 at 8:42 pm

Just because MSNBC basically has MSN in it, that doesn't mean it was really MSN as a news network. Unless that was a joke, nonetheless. The MS on MSNBC probably stand for Microsoft, since the network is associated with the company.

It was a joke.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/12/16 at 11:18 pm

I didn't have many due to the fact I was not online as much as I am today. I will say though they were gaming/cheat codes sites, YouTube and Google.

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/13/16 at 7:31 am

-Jump The Shark
-Encarta
-Game Show Central
-Citysearch (before Yelp/Trip Advisor came around)
-Mapquest (before Google outperformed them)
-Any independent Geocities site
-Simcity.com

Who else remembers when you could make your own webpages on Angelfire?

I still have one myself.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/16 at 2:43 pm

I do, I read the news on MSN occasionally.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/13/16 at 2:50 pm

I used to spend most of my time at a website called inthe00s.com. Has anyone ever heard of it?  ;) :D :D :D

And I spent a lot of time (and still do) at Pogo.com.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/14/16 at 6:45 pm

I used to spend most of my time at a website called inthe00s.com. Has anyone ever heard of it?  ;) :D :D :D

Heehee. ;) I think I have.

And I spent a lot of time (and still do) at Pogo.com.

Cat

I used to go there a lot in the early 2000s, but only to play one particular game: Tumble Bees. But then I kept forgetting my userid and password. Either that or sometimes I'd be away from it for 30+ days.

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/16/16 at 8:21 am

Newgrounds and Deviantart. Back in the days where simple (and crudely made)Flash games could hold my interest for hours.

Written By: 2001 on 07/28/16 at 1:15 pm

-Simcity.com

Simtropolis for all my SimCity 4 mods! :D

They ruined the site by getting rid of the categorizations though :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/28/16 at 1:59 pm

Newgrounds and Deviantart. Back in the days where simple (and crudely made)Flash games could hold my interest for hours.

I remember going to Newgrounds more often in the late 2000s, before they redesigned their website in 2012. Although it's not specifically early or mid 2000s, I just thought of mentioning that.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/28/16 at 2:08 pm

I remember Newgrounds.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/28/16 at 2:13 pm

I remember Newgrounds.

Do you remember any guys who were on Newgrounds in the old days?

Written By: Slim95 on 07/28/16 at 2:15 pm

Do you remember any guys who were on Newgrounds in the old days?

I think I visited it a couple times in the mid 2000s. Didn't go there as often as I went to MiniClip or Addicting Games but I remember playing a couple games occasionally.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/28/16 at 2:17 pm

I think I visited it a couple times in the mid 2000s. Didn't go there as often as I went to MiniClip or Addicting Games but I remember playing a couple games occasionally.

Well okay. I remember going on Miniclip a lot during 2007 and early 2008. Good times. :)

Written By: meesa on 07/28/16 at 2:38 pm

I liked Jump the Shark, I Hate Commercials, Yahoo Games. Funny, but in the early 2000s when there were all kinds of IM services (Yahoo, MSN, AOL,mIRC etc), and I used a program called Trillian (loved the Hitchhiker reference) that would keep me signed in to all of them and use them at once.  ;D ;D

mIRC...now there's an oldie!

Written By: Howard on 07/28/16 at 3:12 pm

Well okay. I remember going on Miniclip a lot during 2007 and early 2008. Good times. :)

Me too, they had such fun games. :)

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/28/16 at 3:20 pm

I liked Jump the Shark,

The owner of that site sold it to TV Guide in 2008 and now it totally sucks! >:(

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/16 at 10:57 pm

www.amandaplease.com LOL  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/01/16 at 12:17 am

www.amandaplease.com LOL  ;D

I remember that website clearly haha.

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 12:51 am

I remember that website clearly haha.

THE BALIFF SAYS SHUT YOUR YAPPER TRAPPER

BRING IN THE DANCING LOBSTERS

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-03/2/11/enhanced/webdr15/original-14520-1425313801-13.png

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-03/2/11/enhanced/webdr02/original-22313-1425314192-12.png?output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&downsize=720:*

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/16 at 9:08 am

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-03/2/11/enhanced/webdr15/original-14520-1425313801-13.png

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-03/2/11/enhanced/webdr02/original-22313-1425314192-12.png?output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&downsize=720:*

It's Amanda Bynes!!!

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 1:05 pm

It's Amanda Bynes!!!

Did you watch What I Like About You? My first teen sitcom  ;D

The theme song was a classic!

QxTxFjuOj3M

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/01/16 at 1:34 pm

You know, I could be wrong about this, but I remember as a kid them saying "god damn" on this show - I'm serious! ;D

Basically, this is what happened. Penelope was on the rooftop, trying to sneak into Amanda's studio. Her little brother was down on the sidewalk, when suddenly, Amanda herself appeared. Penelope's brother yelled for her to come down:
"Penelope, come down, it's, it's -"
"Is it the god damn security guard?"
"No, it's Amanda!"

Maybe, she said "god dang", it's been a while since I watched it. ???

Written By: nally on 08/01/16 at 1:39 pm

Did you watch What I Like About You? My first teen sitcom  ;D

It was on the now-defunct WB network from 2002-2006. I thought it had kindof an interesting storyline, although I didn't see it every week.

The theme song was a classic!

Of course, it was a cover of a song made famous by rock band The Romantics c. 1980.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/16 at 3:01 pm

It's Amanda Bynes!!!

She looked so pretty back then.

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 4:07 pm

It was on the now-defunct WB network from 2002-2006. I thought it had kindof an interesting storyline, although I didn't see it every week.

Of course, it was a cover of a song made famous by rock band The Romantics c. 1980.

The show was hillarious! ;D

You know, I could be wrong about this, but I remember as a kid them saying "god damn" on this show - I'm serious! ;D

Basically, this is what happened. Penelope was on the rooftop, trying to sneak into Amanda's studio. Her little brother was down on the sidewalk, when suddenly, Amanda herself appeared. Penelope's brother yelled for her to come down:
"Penelope, come down, it's, it's -"
"Is it the god damn security guard?"
"No, it's Amanda!"

Maybe, she said "god dang", it's been a while since I watched it. ???

Probably not. I don't really remember either :o

Written By: violet_shy on 08/01/16 at 7:41 pm

Around 2007, I would go to Youtube every night. Loved it back then.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/01/16 at 8:18 pm

Same with me. After I discovered YouTube in 2007, I felt in love with it. I loved of how it was diverse and how I could be happy with any video that I saw. Good times.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/01/16 at 9:54 pm

Wow, what an awesome early '00s flashback!

And dig that website design. It's just so Web 1.0. 8)

Written By: nally on 08/01/16 at 10:11 pm

Same with me. After I discovered YouTube in 2007, I felt in love with it. I loved of how it was diverse and how I could be happy with any video that I saw. Good times.

It was during that year when I started going to Youtube frequently as well. :)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/01/16 at 10:15 pm

It was during that year when I started going to Youtube frequently as well. :)

I discovered YouTube in spring 2006. By summer of 2006 I was constantly on the website.

Written By: nally on 08/01/16 at 10:17 pm

I discovered YouTube in spring 2006. By summer of 2006 I was constantly on the website.

I think someone might have sent me a link to a vid on there that year, but by the following year I started going there more regularly.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 2:57 pm

I enjoyed YouTube back then way before it was taken over by Google Plus. ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 2:58 pm

same here, I started to make a music folder for my 200 music videos. :)

Written By: 2001 on 08/07/16 at 10:55 pm

I was at my friend's house and we decided to start playing Neopets again. ;D

I managed to revive my account from summer 2006, my pet is 3,687 days old! I have to get my mom's email account if I want to revive my early 2000s one ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...