inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stupid YouTube comments

Written By: exodus08 on 09/19/16 at 11:14 pm

So today I was listening to a Michelle Brunch song on YouTube and I was going through the comment section and someone had said "This has that kind of 90s pop sound to it, reminds me of Britney and Christina." Which I replied "It's the early 00s duh." Now the song that I was Listening to came out in 2001.

Subject: Re: Stupid YouTube comments

Written By: exodus08 on 09/19/16 at 11:16 pm

Now this wasn't the first time I seen comments like this.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/19/16 at 11:46 pm

Same.

The one comment that gets under my skin is I watch a particular makeup artist and while I like what she creates she uses ALOT of product and all over her comments are "Why are you wearing so much makeup?" "You look better natural" etc.

She's a make up artist, it's her JOB to use cosmetics and if she got pink and purple lids with blue lips, this is not a "natural look" tutorial!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 2:53 pm

I really hate YouTube comments, especially when they come from political channels. I can't even stand reading those who have white nationalist views, since they believe in ludicrous theories. Not to mention that they're like the far-right version of social justice warriors.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/20/16 at 3:06 pm

I really hate YouTube comments, especially when they come from political channels. I can't even stand reading those who have white nationalist views, since they believe in ludicrous theories. Not to mention that they're like the far-right version of social justice warriors.

I stay in my lane and keep away from crap like that because it'll only set me off and make me mad.
I stick to music, makeup, old films, and documentaries that expand my mind.
I avoid people with minds so small there's pinheads bigger.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 3:21 pm

I stay in my lane and keep away from crap like that because it'll only set me off and make me mad.

I feel like I wish YouTube had more entertaining videos, because most of them seem bad nowadays.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 3:28 pm

Yeah, I usually only look at comments on music and gaming (not gameplay, I don't watch people play video games) related videos, because if I look at them in places such as political videos, I usually go on some sort of debate which is wasting time, since I can't change their opinion.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 3:34 pm

Yeah, I usually only look at comments on music and gaming (not gameplay, I don't watch people play video games) related videos, because if I look at them in places such as political videos, I usually go on some sort of debate which is wasting time, since I can't change their opinion.

I refrain from debating to people from political videos, since it wouldn't end well with them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/16 at 3:48 pm

Over the years, I have never read any of the comments, I just watch or listen to the videos.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 3:50 pm

I refrain from debating to people from political videos, since it wouldn't end well with them.

Well, I shouldn't of said if I do, but I used to debate with people on things like that (probably 5 years ago), now, I just don't comment very often on anything.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 3:53 pm

Well, I shouldn't of said if I do, but I used to debate with people on things like that (probably 5 years ago), now, I just don't comment very often on anything.

I only comment on videos that are just funny to deal with. Anything that's political is pretty much out of the question for me, since any video I come upon has some dumbass worshiping his/her conspiracy theories.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/16 at 3:59 pm

I feel like I wish YouTube had more entertaining videos, because most of them seem bad nowadays.

I know what you mean.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 4:14 pm

I only comment on videos that are just funny to deal with. Anything that's political is pretty much out of the question for me, since any video I come upon has some dumbass worshiping his/her conspiracy theories.

Haha, yeah, there are a lot of crazy conspiracy theories out there. I have a cousin who thinks all the terrorist attacks are planned by the government to make us scared, she blames the government with everything though.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 4:15 pm

Haha, yeah, there are a lot of crazy conspiracy theories out there. I have a cousin who thinks all the terrorist attacks are planned by the government to make us scared, she blames the government with everything though.

Man, your family believes in a lot of weird crap. No offense though.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 5:30 pm

Man, your family believes in a lot of weird crap. No offense though.

Well, it's only my cousin that believes that, and my dad is rooting for Trump, but what else have I said about my family? I don't remember saying anything too weird, I'm going to check my post history.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 5:37 pm

Well, it's only my cousin that believes that, and my dad is rooting for Trump, but what else have I said about my family? I don't remember saying anything too weird, I'm going to check my post history.

Well, what about your sister who said that the Civil War was Japan vs. the United States?

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 5:52 pm

Well, what about your sister who said that the Civil War was Japan vs. the United States?

;D Oh, yeah, that. My sister isn't the brightest person out there, but she really is improving in history and her other subjects now after being in public school for around a month, I think.  She just never paid attention outside of public schooling besides her first two years with being homeschooled, she would be on her phone, daydreaming, or something else.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 5:54 pm

;D Oh, yeah, that. My sister isn't the brightest person out there, but she really is improving in history and her other subjects now after being in public school for around a month?, I think.  She just never paid attention outside of public schooling besides her first two years with being homeschooled, she would be on her phone, daydreaming, or something else.

Huh. I never knew your sister could be that distracted at home.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 6:07 pm

Huh. I never knew your sister could be that distracted at home.

Yeah, she finds the videos and textbooks (that's part of how we do school) to be very boring.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 6:11 pm

Yeah, she finds the videos and textbooks (that's part of how we do school) to be very boring.

Isn't that pretty much the same with public school, minus the videos since they don't show them that much?

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 6:23 pm

Isn't that pretty much the same with public school, minus the videos since they don't show them that much?

Hmm, well, in my sister's school, they use chromebooks (laptops) a lot more than textbooks, and we literally have the teachers on the videos. The only thing that sucks about that is that you can't ask them questions, but I can usually use the Internet or ask my parents for that. Yeah though, the actual way I work is similar to how I did it in public school.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 6:26 pm

Hmm, well, in my sister's school, they use chromebooks (laptops) a lot more than textbooks, and we literally have the teachers on the videos. The only thing that sucks about that is that you can't ask them questions, but I can usually use the Internet or ask my parents for that. Yeah though, the actual way I work is similar to how I did it in public school.

I thought homeschooling was quite different, since it depends on how the curriculum is taught to kids at home. As somebody who was in public school since Kindergarten, I'm not really sure about that.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 6:41 pm

I thought homeschooling was quite different, since it depends on how the curriculum is taught to kids at home. As somebody who was in public school since Kindergarten, I'm not really sure about that.

Well, yeah, it depends on the type of homeschooling. We order our DVDs, textbooks, and all that jazz from a college preparatory academy, but other people might not do that. I know someone who was just taught all the general subjects by his mom, and another guy who does live videos for one on one lessons. He does tests on the computer which he then sends to the teacher, so it just depends really.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 6:48 pm

Well, yeah, it depends on the type of homeschooling. We order our DVDs, textbooks, and all that jazz from a college preparatory academy, but other people might not do that. I know someone who was just taught all the general subjects by his mom, and another guy who does live videos for one on one lessons. He does tests on the computer which he then sends to the teacher, so it just depends really.

Not to be rude or anything, but it's actually good that I'm still in public school. I can't imagine on how New York's homeschooling system actually works.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/20/16 at 7:00 pm

Not to be rude or anything, but it's actually good that I'm still in public school. I can't imagine on how New York's homeschooling system actually works.

No offense taken, it works for some people, and it doesn't work for others. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 7:11 pm

No offense taken, it works for some people, and it doesn't work for others. :)

I don't think I would actually being homeschooled, since my house is pretty much a distraction to myself.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 09/21/16 at 3:51 am

I am surprised you haven't noticed that you get stupid irrelevant and downright weird comments on literally any video. It could be a video about fluffy kittens and you get some crazies ranking about the illuminati, a racist troll, another conspiracy theorist, a couple of guys having a flamewar about religion, some barely literate commentators who can't be older than 8 having unsupervised internet access, etc, etc.

Youtube comments really are a complete free for all and infuriating.

And the point of my post is that they seem to over spill to every video you can think of and that is annoying when you just want to read comments from fellow enthusiasts, about a subject like dirtbikes or another passion you have.

Another annoyance is, on a lot of music videos from back before Youtube was invented, people assume that the upload date is the date the video was released, which is really infuriating. How dumb can someone be? Being young is no excuse, for instance I know the internet was invented in 1993 even though I was too young to know what it was or use it back then.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/16 at 2:58 pm

I am surprised you haven't noticed that you get stupid irrelevant and downright weird comments on literally any video. It could be a video about fluffy kittens and you get some crazies ranking about the illuminati, a racist troll, another conspiracy theorist, a couple of guys having a flamewar about religion, some barely literate commentators who can't be older than 8 having unsupervised internet access, etc, etc.

Youtube comments really are a complete free for all and infuriating.

And the point of my post is that they seem to over spill to every video you can think of and that is annoying when you just want to read comments from fellow enthusiasts, about a subject like dirtbikes or another passion you have.

Another annoyance is, on a lot of music videos from back before Youtube was invented, people assume that the upload date is the date the video was released, which is really infuriating. How dumb can someone be? Being young is no excuse, for instance I know the internet was invented in 1993 even though I was too young to know what it was or use it back then.

and they're a waste of time.

Written By: 2001 on 09/21/16 at 9:43 pm

I try not to read YouTube comments, or comments on any website really. Most of them are very poorly moderated, and the saying "empty vessels sound much" is on full display.

Check for new replies or respond here...