inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thread deleted?

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 12/18/16 at 1:12 pm

Hi I thought I made a thread on here asking if there was a difference between generation y and millenials but it has disappeared? No PMs about it or anything >:(

Subject: Re: Thread deleted?

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/18/16 at 1:15 pm

Mods deleted it because we shouldn't have more generational threads on here. They go nowhere and lead to infighting.

To answer your question, no there is no difference between Gen Y and Millennials. In fact the term "Millennials" (coined 1987) predates "Gen Y" (coined 1991) by four years.

Don't listen to Buzzfeed and Facebook's lies. They think "Millennials" didn't exist until about 5 years ago, which is about as stupid as those who think Hillary Clinton came up with the alt-right out of thin air, even though Richard Spencer coined the term back in 2008.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/18/16 at 1:25 pm

I guess Chucky wanted to put in a "final solution" towards these generation threads.  :P

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/18/16 at 1:26 pm

I guess Chucky wanted to put in a "final solution" towards these generation threads.  :P

Good.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/18/16 at 1:28 pm

It probably was deleted.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/18/16 at 1:32 pm

It probably was deleted.

It's quite obvious that it is.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 12/21/16 at 9:18 am

I am still surprised the media and people seem to forget that the oldest millennials are now in their 30s. I think they just use the term as a catch all phrase for young adults. It wouldn't surprise me if they are still referring to teenagers and early 20 somethings as millennials in 5 years time.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/21/16 at 10:48 am

I am still surprised the media and people seem to forget that the oldest millennials are now in their 30s. I think they just use the term as a catch all phrase for young adults. It wouldn't surprise me if they are still referring to teenagers and early 20 somethings as millennials in 5 years time.

I don't think they care personally. Besides, most of the people who made those charts are probably late Boomers and early Xers.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/21/16 at 9:08 pm

Because the media is a bunch of lying dividing liberals who twist facts.

Check for new replies or respond here...