inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The I Need Nostalgia Thread (2000s Version)

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/31/16 at 3:25 pm

As the title suggests, A thread dedicated to stay true to nostalgia. Personal life moments that's the most nostalgic to you from the decade, songs you heard during those times that associate as themes during the moments. Entertainment in general. Songs and etc from the 2000s though. Lets try to be as topic exclusive as possible. This way, we can start thread differences. Its worth the transition. Even if you associate more with the Early, Mid or Late part of the era. Keep the discussion nostalgia of the 2000s. There can be some exceptions if you were introduced to some entertainment late at the time, but try to understand the limit as LimeWire.

As for me, the memories of my first crush really hit me as of late. I miss her soft voice and how she assisted our teachers was urge awakening. Haha I tried to come clean and hit the failure mark. She was out of my league, man. The moment was still fun though. This was 2000 and the theme song of the year for me was Thong Song by Sisqo. Still Fly - Big Tymers played a role to en extent.

Subject: Re: The I Need Nostalgia Thread (2000s Version)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 4:51 pm

THANK GOD!!!  :D :D :D I've been waiting for this thread to come forever. I think I'm gonna talk about my personal nostalgia through entertainment, so I'm gonna talk about my personal history with the Internet to start.

Around 2003, I started to be fascinated with computers. The first computer that I remember using was a Dell Dimension that ran Windows ME. At the time, I used to play Sesame Street games and other educational games. I always seem to love computer games made for little kids at the moment, where I used to play them every day. By 2004, my parents got a broadband Internet connection that peaked into my childhood with the Internet. At this time, I discovered Nickelodeon and Disney's websites, where I usually played their online games from their shows. This expanded into knowing about sites like Shockwave, where it had a lot of downloadable computer games. I used to play some from Popcap, Wildtangent, Mumbo Jumbo, and other PC developers. Those games are what I thought video games were at the time. Sure, I did know what Pokemon was around late 2005/early 2006, but it wasn't like a video game franchise to me. It just seemed like a TV show distributed from 4Kids and Kids WB.

Throughout the mid 2000s, I used the Internet just to play games from certain sites. Sites like YouTube seem like a fantasy to me, since the videos I usually saw from those websites were about a minute long. That changed when I discovered YT around the summer of 2007. It sparked my perspective with the Internet forever, as it introduced me to mainstream pop culture. This was one of the reasons why I'm nostalgic for the 2000s. At the time, I just watched videos that were AMVs of certain TV shows that I loved, along with videos that had logos in them. It made me feel like I didn't need TV for everything, despite that I still watched TV regularly during the late 2000s. However, I just focused more on the computer than on TV, since YouTube seemed more fascinating to me. I saw any video that was related to my interests, while I had the TV behind me.

Around late 2008 and 2009, I wanted to make videos on YouTube. So..., I made a YT account with a fake age and it was pretty cool. Most of them were made with Windows Movie Maker, but it was special to me. They only got about a hundred views, while some of them got over a thousand, but I didn't care. I was still joyful for the fact that I made them, while seeing other channels as an inspiration. Most of the stuff that I got inspired with was from either Newgrounds or YouTube. Considering most of them were about plushies, Mario and Sonic parodies, and Hypercam 2 videos, I had a blast. This ended around the early 2010s, when I accidentally deleted my first channel. To most people, it didn't matter. But it was like a milestone to me, since it was the first thing that I contributed towards the Internet. I didn't care for the subscribers, nor the views. I cared more about the videos I was making, since it made me feel like a part of YouTube, despite being a kid. I didn't even thought of it as a job, since people back then made videos for giggles. I wish people nowadays realized that.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/01/17 at 8:28 am

THANK GOD!!!  :D :D :D I've been waiting for this thread to come forever. I think I'm gonna talk about my personal nostalgia through entertainment, so I'm gonna talk about my personal history with the Internet to start.

Lets hope the thread can stay consistent.

Around 2003, I started to be fascinated with computers. The first computer that I remember using was a Dell Dimension that ran Windows ME. At the time, I used to play Sesame Street games and other educational games. I always seem to love computer games made for little kids at the moment, where I used to play them every day. By 2004, my parents got a broadband Internet connection that peaked into my childhood with the Internet. At this time, I discovered Nickelodeon and Disney's websites, where I usually played their online games from their shows. This expanded into knowing about sites like Shockwave, where it had a lot of downloadable computer games. I used to play some from Popcap, Wildtangent, Mumbo Jumbo, and other PC developers. Those games are what I thought video games were at the time. Sure, I did know what Pokemon was around late 2005/early 2006, but it wasn't like a video game franchise to me. It just seemed like a TV show distributed from 4Kids and Kids WB.

My fascination peak of computers was 2000-04. We used to know these associates that we considered family and owned a computer. Every time we visited, I used to always check on the computer, first thing first. It was this addictive kids site that wouldn't let me click any of the games that would send me to a "Isn't able to at this time." Something like that. By 04, it was Cartoon Network.com.

Throughout the mid 2000s, I used the Internet just to play games from certain sites. Sites like YouTube seem like a fantasy to me, since the videos I usually saw from those websites were about a minute long. That changed when I discovered YT around the summer of 2007. It sparked my perspective with the Internet forever, as it introduced me to mainstream pop culture. This was one of the reasons why I'm nostalgic for the 2000s. At the time, I just watched videos that were AMVs of certain TV shows that I loved, along with videos that had logos in them. It made me feel like I didn't need TV for everything, despite that I still watched TV regularly during the late 2000s. However, I just focused more on the computer than on TV, since YouTube seemed more fascinating to me. I saw any video that was related to my interests, while I had the TV behind me.

Oh! I remember the YouTube videos that had the YouTube logo. I used to think YouTube had its own cable network channel at the time. It was a mystery to me. A high majority of us can agree with AMV's. That's tradition. Haha Naruto, DBZ, Linkin Park and ThreeDaysGrace were the site openers. I watched this DBZ AMV with a background song by Nelly that's just as nostalgic. I remember hearing "Hear Comes The" in the lyrics.

Around late 2008 and 2009, I wanted to make videos on YouTube. So..., I made a YT account with a fake age and it was pretty cool. Most of them were made with Windows Movie Maker, but it was special to me. They only got about a hundred views, while some of them got over a thousand, but I didn't care. I was still joyful for the fact that I made them, while seeing other channels as an inspiration. Most of the stuff that I got inspired with was from either Newgrounds or YouTube. Considering most of them were about plushies, Mario and Sonic parodies, and Hypercam 2 videos, I had a blast. This ended around the early 2010s, when I accidentally deleted my first channel. To most people, it didn't matter. But it was like a milestone to me, since it was the first thing that I contributed towards the Internet. I didn't care for the subscribers, nor the views. I cared more about the videos I was making, since it made me feel like a part of YouTube, despite being a kid. I didn't even thought of it as a job, since people back then made videos for giggles. I wish people nowadays realized that.

I did watch this Mario and Sonic parody that kind of portrayed Mario as the villain. It made sense though. Bowser's Kingdom and Super Mario Bros Z were pretty much all I watched on YouTube in 08. I used Windows Movie Maker once, but I didn't have the right computer for it by that point. I had my real age typed, but just left it hidden since you were in a small minority either way.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/01/17 at 10:13 am

It made sense though. Bowser's Kingdom and Super Mario Bros Z were pretty much all I watched on YouTube in 08. I used Windows Movie Maker once, but I didn't have the right computer for it by that point. I had my real age typed, but just left it hidden since you were in a small minority either way.

I remember when I was really intrigued with Mario and Sonic, that everyday I watched their parodies from Newgrounds and YouTube. Those days back then were a blast. I remember when I got hyped up to see Episode 8 of Super Mario Bros Z, but Alvin Earthworm (the guy who made the SMBZ series) quit making them.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/01/17 at 5:29 pm

I remember when I was really intrigued with Mario and Sonic, that everyday I watched their parodies from Newgrounds and YouTube. Those days back then were a blast. I remember when I got hyped up to see Episode 8 of Super Mario Bros Z, but Alvin Earthworm (the guy who made the SMBZ series) quit making them.

I do remember noticing that length of episodes, left wondering. I even checked the page of the uploader for new comments until I came to the assumption there was a serious incident. By the time I moved to Smash parodies like Super Smash Murder, Mario's Day Off and backlash from the characters that weren't added, that was the last time I got from it. Most likely within the same year. This was after Super Smash Bros. Brawl's released.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/01/17 at 6:43 pm

I do remember noticing that length of episodes, left wondering. I even checked the page of the uploader for new comments until I came to the assumption there was a serious incident. By the time I moved to Smash parodies like Super Smash Murder, Mario's Day Off and backlash from the characters that weren't added, that was the last time I got from it. Most likely within the same year. This was after Super Smash Bros. Brawl's released.

Yeah, Alvin usually uploaded a new episode at least once a year through episodes 6-8. Although with the first five episodes, he uploaded them at random dates. I thought he would do the same thing with episode 9, but he never uploaded it. The only clip that I could get from SMBZ after ep. 8 was when Luigi kicked Basilisx's ass with a giant Nintendo Wii. That made me laugh for the next few months, but he never made anything related to SMBZ after that.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/20/17 at 9:54 am

Alright. I came to accept that 2002 is my most missed Early 2000s year. 2004, my most missed Mid 2000s year and 2007, my most missed Late 2000s year.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/20/17 at 10:20 am

Alright. I came to accept that 2002 is my most missed Early 2000s year. 2004, my most missed Mid 2000s year and 2007, my most missed Late 2000s year.

To me, 2003 is my most missed early 2000s year. 2005 is my most missed mid 2000s year, while 2007 is my most missed late 2000s year.

Written By: 2001 on 01/20/17 at 5:58 pm

That's hard!

Most missed early 2000s year – 2000
Most missed mid-2000s year – Hmm... does 2003 count? Lol. 2004 I guess.
Most missed late 2000s year – 2007, though late 2009 is my favourite portion of the late 2000s.

Written By: wixness on 01/20/17 at 6:56 pm

Loved this film; it came out in 2007 and I first saw it in a field trip in school:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7I01PevKs

Written By: wixness on 01/20/17 at 7:00 pm

I'll reply when I can think of something that fits this thread.

It's quite a sad time for me because it was pretty much the last time I was able to watch a couple of YT videos I really loved that came out in the decade. They're either taken down by the user or by copyright now. Also, things felt more fun then. I went to Legoland and Universal Studios; now that excitement just doesn't exist any more. To be fair, I spent most of my time watching TV and playing games, and some of my favourite shows came from the 2000s. I missed out on one of them because I didn't get to watch enough episodes of it, and until recently, I haven't been able to find the show. Although I can admit that I felt pissed off at times, I was genuinely hopeful for the future.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/20/17 at 8:46 pm

I'll reply when I can think of something that fits this thread.

It's quite a sad time for me because it was pretty much the last time I was able to watch a couple of YT videos I really loved that came out in the decade. They're either taken down by the user or by copyright now. Also, things felt more fun then. I went to Legoland and Universal Studios; now that excitement just doesn't exist any more. To be fair, I spent most of my time watching TV and playing games, and some of my favourite shows came from the 2000s. I missed out on one of them because I didn't get to watch enough episodes of it, and until recently, I haven't been able to find the show. Although I can admit that I felt pissed off at times, I was genuinely hopeful for the future.

I felt hopeful for the future until I became mildly depressed in 2012. Ever since then, I've been longing for stuff that took place during the 2000s. It might be for the fact that I felt very lonely at the time, so I guess my nostalgia happened from there.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/21/17 at 8:54 am

To me, 2003 is my most missed early 2000s year. 2005 is my most missed mid 2000s year, while 2007 is my most missed late 2000s year.

I thought 2003 was my favorite Early 2000s year, but 2002 really hit home once I thought of one specific memory. At this time, I used to draw crossovers between Dragon Ball Z with Super Mario enemies and some DBZ and Mario influenced enemies we made up. The radio theme was Ignition - R Kelly.

2003 is most likely 2nd place though. 2003 screaming Early 2000s finale, I wasn't ok with. 2004-2005 are also in a similar boat. 2005 was amazing and adventurous, but the Cartoon Network city bumpers really took me to a place of no responsibility. 2004 had that fresh, Usher, Gameboy SP, there's no place like home feel to me. I miss it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/21/17 at 9:12 am

I thought 2003 was my favorite Early 2000s year, but 2002 really hit home once I thought of one specific memory. At this time, I used to draw crossovers between Dragon Ball Z with Super Mario enemies and some DBZ and Mario influenced enemies we made up.

To me, 2002 seems like my favorite early 2000s year, since it was when Lilo & Stitch, Stuart Little 2, Spirit, and Scooby-Doo (yes, I liked that movie) were in theaters. Especially when all of them are some of my favorite childhood movies. However, I barely remember that year since I was only a toddler at the time.

2003 is most likely 2nd place though. 2003 screaming Early 2000s finale, I wasn't ok with. 2004-2005 are also in a similar boat. 2005 was amazing and adventurous, but the Cartoon Network city bumpers really took me to a place of no responsibility. 2004 had that fresh, Usher, Gameboy SP, there's no place like home feel to me. I miss it.

The 2004-05 school year had some of my favorite moments, to be honest. Although, I still had that sweet innocent feel until 2012/2013. But 2002/2003-2009 is where my innocence was all there.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 01/22/17 at 2:18 pm

I've been feeling really nostalgic for the mid 2000's recently which is odd for me since I'm hardly ever nostalgic for that time period as It felt kind of sad to me. In fact most of the songs that I associate most with that period are sad songs like chasing cars, you're beautiful, bad day etc.
Most missed early 2000's year- 2000 because it was my first year at school and the year before I started to have school problems
Most missed mid 2000's year - 2006 because it was the epitome of my childhood complete with my first ever best friend, my biggest childhood crush, half of two great school years, taking a role in a school play at Christmas time and going to Britain and America during the summer. I still see that best friend from my childhood sometimes but I miss that childhood crush dearly to this day.
Most missed late 2000's year- 2009 as it was one of the best years of my life as I met my the best friend I ever had, won a talent show, was really happy  and it's the year I properly got into music.
So yeah I loved 2009 and 2006 is a close second.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/23/17 at 9:32 am

The 2004-05 school year had some of my favorite moments, to be honest. Although, I still had that sweet innocent feel until 2012/2013. But 2002/2003-2009 is where my innocence was all there.

I miss the phenomenon effect that really peaked in 2004 as I used the bathroom, playing my Gameboy SP. Mostly at night though. It was a really enjoyable adjustment that added spark to patience and even extended it. Its as if the bathroom suddenly had its own culture. The phenomenon faded by 2005.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/23/17 at 10:11 am

I miss the phenomenon effect that really peaked in 2004 as I used the bathroom, playing my Gameboy SP. Mostly at night though. It was a really enjoyable adjustment that added spark to patience and even extended it. Its as if the bathroom suddenly had its own culture. The phenomenon faded by 2005.

Wouldn't people do the same thing with a DS, as it also had backlights?

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/25/17 at 8:14 am

Wouldn't people do the same thing with a DS, as it also had backlights?

I'm only speaking from my experience. It was phenomenon back then because there was less technology.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/14/17 at 10:09 pm

Watching Friday After Next became one of my escapes back to the Early 2000s. Its like I'm actually in the movie.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/14/17 at 10:11 pm

Watching Friday After Next became one of my escapes back to the Early 2000s. Its like I'm actually in the movie.

I've watched that movie 5 million times. Friday After Next is hilarious AF.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/25/17 at 9:18 pm

G9Vj9A0o4pc

A dose.

After watching the videos, I noticed a strong difference in liveliness compared to now. I was even aware back then because music videos used to be immense to me. I used to want to be apart of them.

Also, I miss the Crunk era.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/25/17 at 10:56 pm

G9Vj9A0o4pc

A dose.

After watching the videos, I noticed a strong difference in liveliness compared to now. I was even aware back then because music videos used to be immense to me. I used to want to be apart of them.

Also, I miss the Crunk era.

Yeah I do too actually. I remember all those songs, I Like them all really.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/16/17 at 9:10 pm

I was listening to these songs and they bring back so many memories
p-H1udC3SLA
q0SyUgw98tE
5RDSkR8_AQ0
3nnoDCGQQEk

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 9:22 pm

^^omg glamorous lol. Bascially anything by Fergie in the 2000s makes me really nostalgic for my childhood ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 9:24 pm

"Glamorous" and "Summer Love" bring back tons of memories :D.

Written By: d90 on 09/16/17 at 11:31 pm

Early 2000s highpoint Late 2000 to early 2001 It was a fun time for me I was in fourth grade and I did not have too much homework back then.
Mid 2000s highpoint 2004. I discovered more Gameboy and Gameboy advance rpg games similar to pokemon that I could play. In early 2004 I met a really sweet girl who had just moved
Late 2000s highpoint Late 2006 to early 2007. Went to my Homecoming dance with two pretty girls and was the big man on campus for a few weeks.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/12/18 at 8:55 pm

I just heard this song and it makes me miss 2007

MSbaBXnXnGE

Written By: Wobo on 01/15/18 at 5:00 pm

I don't have nostalgia for the 2000s since i was only born in 2004 but i do i have some pictures of me when i was from a baby to 4 years old the only picture i actually care about of when i was a few months old and i was sitting in my chair a front of the TV with Cartoon Network on.

Written By: Dundee on 02/21/18 at 4:31 am

I have a question, but there was a bit of early 2000s resurgence lately, mainly in fashion, Tv with all the series come backs and products (hi Nokia).
Even the press started to notice: https://www.wired.com/2017/05/the-future-of-nostalgia/
Why is it happening so soon?

Written By: d90 on 03/25/18 at 1:04 am

I have a question, but there was a bit of early 2000s resurgence lately, mainly in fashion, Tv with all the series come backs and products (hi Nokia).
Even the press started to notice: https://www.wired.com/2017/05/the-future-of-nostalgia/

I remember 10 years ago in 2008 that 90s nostalgia was starting to come out  due to 90s kids coming of age and now the same thing is happening for 2000s kids.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/25/18 at 9:08 am

I'm so late but, I believe the 2000s will have a special charm to it. It marked the end of that balance, established the "early millennium" aspect, and the sound isn't repulsively dated like previous eras.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/10/18 at 9:12 am

I miss the stage names of music celebrities that debuted in the 2000s, dating back to the previous decade I can credit them to. I miss names like Usher, Ja Rule, Ashanti, Timbaland, Nelly, Killer Mike, Omarion, Missy Elliott, Ginuwine, Loon, T.I. Fabolous, and Twista. They sound colorful, fun, original and timeless.

Celebrity names of today sound too serious, uncreative like YouTube usernames or trend themed, overly energetic and gangsta related.

Written By: wixness on 04/10/18 at 2:30 pm

I miss the stage names of music celebrities that debuted in the 2000s, dating back to the previous decade I can credit them to. I miss names like Usher, Ja Rule, Ashanti, Timbaland, Nelly, Killer Mike, Omarion, Missy Elliott, Ginuwine, Loon, T.I. Fabolous, and Twista. They sound colorful, fun, original and timeless.

Celebrity names of today sound too serious, uncreative like YouTube usernames or trend themed, overly energetic and gangsta related.

They all sound bland - I don't pay attention much to the lyrics of the music, so I disregard most of what people say when they think "music these days has no meaning". But yeah, 2000s music sounded better to me, even though I used to hate it since no one was getting into rock (rock music was still way more common then than now).

Written By: Dundee on 11/08/18 at 5:20 pm

The number 1 YouTube video in francophone countries right now is this rap battle between 90s and 2000s kids by a very famous French Youtuber
rjq6FJSAVJ0

Now that was pretty surprising ;D

Written By: 2001 on 11/11/18 at 10:01 am

The number 1 YouTube video in francophone countries right now is this rap battle between 90s and 2000s kids by a very famous French Youtuber
rjq6FJSAVJ0

Now that was pretty surprising ;D

This is why it was best to grow up late '90s/early 2000s. I could relate to both  8) Although the "90's kid" was born 1990 and the 2000s kid was born 1996 so it's not surprising I could relate to both (except Justin Bieber and l'espérance de vie)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/11/18 at 3:36 pm

This is why it was best to grow up late '90s/early 2000s. I could relate to both  8) Although the "90's kid" was born 1990 and the 2000s kid was born 1996 so it's not surprising I could relate to both (except Justin Bieber and l'espérance de vie)
Beiber was more a early 10s kid fad.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/11/18 at 6:55 pm

Sh!t. This kind of got me back into my nostalgia mode. I actually seen an image of the game listed on the back of my Gamecube box literally in 02. You don't see anything like this anymore.

2lBR1r7aOKc

I missed out on it but as what a user in the comments stated, Ain't nothing like the 2000s.

Written By: piecesof93 on 11/11/18 at 7:55 pm

Def Jam Vendetta nostalgia

xal_of6WCTg

https://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_fill,g_center,w_1200/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/bton5ow6tjn1ic44j4so.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qoSs8vMIBM8/maxresdefault.jpg

Joe Budden, DMX, NORE, Ghostface Killa, Capone, Ludacris, Redman, Methodman, etc. A great combination of wrestling and hip-hop!

Check for new replies or respond here...