inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Interesting thread on a forum I visit about Millenials in the work place

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 01/05/17 at 3:06 am

Due to my interest in recent history, whenever there is a thread on a forum I visit about my generation, I jump straight on it, such as this thread:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=210&t=1642286&i=0

One thing that does annoy me in the thread is the ignorance about 1. not realizing that gen y and Millennials are the same group

and 2. Not realizing that some of them are in their mid 30s now, thinking that gen y/Millennial is a catch all term for people under 25.

I don't have an account on that website at the moment (have previously but got banned, it is very strict) but I tried to register an account to just tell them that as it annoyed me so much!

But then was told I would have to wait two weeks before posting in that particular part of the forums.

None the less it is an interesting (but frustrating) thread.

Subject: Re: Interesting thread on a forum I visit about Millenials in the work place

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/05/17 at 3:09 am

Millennials don't exist.

The attempts to define them are piss poor and shaky at best. Nobody can agree. From "reliable sources" I've heard 1982-2004, 1980-1995, 1982-1996, 1985-2005, 1977-1994, 1976-1996, 1979-1991, 1980-1989, 1980-1998, 1981-1998, 1984-2002, 1986-2003, 1981-2001, 1987-2006, 1981-1997, 1979-1993, 1976-1995, 1983-2000, 1982-2000, and probably others.

Generational categorizations don't hold water. Heck, people who were in the exact same graduating class can somehow be considered different "generations". Don't listen to the liberal media's New Age/astrology bulls*t lie-pedaling.

And this video is just another opportunity for Tumblr and Reddit to bitch and whine about Baby boomers, lumping them all into the same "selfish and entitled" category that Boomers do to millennials, while not realizing their hypocrisy.

Subject: Re: Interesting thread on a forum I visit about Millenials in the work place

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/05/17 at 5:55 am

No one gives a sh*t about Millennials anymore. They're just a catch term have older people to get excited, in case they wanted to make fun of younger people. The fact that generations still exist, makes me wonder why can't people just recognize each other from their childhood? By the way, Pistonheads (the forum that you're talking about) is more about cars rather than the stuff we talk about normally. So I guess maybe they don't think you're interested towards their main subject.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 01/05/17 at 8:08 am

NewYorkEagle, yes I know pistonheads is about cars but I find a lot of general interest threads on there as well. It gives me an interesting overview of what the population think. And I often do find it quite accurate even if the subject being discussed is unusual to the forum.

Zelek3, this thread isn't really about politics, I was just interested about the difference between generation y and Millennials.

I am not sure about the hostility towards the Millenial generation on here?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/05/17 at 10:31 am

NewYorkEagle, yes I know pistonheads is about cars but I find a lot of general interest threads on there as well. It gives me an interesting overview of what the population think. And I often do find it quite accurate even if the subject being discussed is unusual to the forum.

Most of their forums are about cars, and to think I'll only post on their more general forums makes it strange for the regular members. Even with that, they aren't interested into pop culture as much as we are.

I am not sure about the hostility towards the Millenial generation on here?

Should it really matter about Millennials or Gen Z? Or pretty much any generation whatsoever? I could get some generations like The Greatest Generation, Silent Gen, or Baby Boomers, but that's because they had a historical taking. Generation X is the last one that I could consider legitimate, since most of them were teens during the 80s and early 90s. But it should've been called as the Cassette Generation, since they used cassette tapes everywhere they go.

Check for new replies or respond here...