inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Saddam Hussein: The key to the early 00s?

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/07/17 at 10:59 pm

Ever notice how the early 2000s culture began in 2000, then began to fade out around late 2003? Well, that's when Saddam was captured. ;D

And ever notice how after Saddam was captured, the early 2000s culture faded out greatly, yet there were still vestiges of it until late 2006 (see the "everything changed in late 2006" three)? Well, in late 2006, when Saddam was executed, any remaining traces of the early 00s vanished altogether. ;D

Subject: Re: Saddam Hussein: The key to the early 00s?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/07/17 at 11:02 pm

Ever notice how the early 2000s culture began in 2000, then began to fade out around late 2003? Well, that's when Saddam was captured. ;D

And ever notice how after Saddam was captured, the early 2000s culture faded out greatly, yet there were still vestiges of it until late 2006 (see the "everything changed in late 2006" three)? Well, in late 2006, when Saddam was executed, any remaining traces of the early 00s vanished altogether. ;D

You mean the second half of 2001. Not 2000.  ::)
I don't mean to start debating, but still... ;D

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 11:18 pm

Another Republican disaster!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/07/17 at 11:22 pm

Am I still on InThe00s or did I accidentally stumble upon Infowars? :P

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/07/17 at 11:23 pm

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/08/17 at 5:03 am

If we want to revive the spirit of the early 00s, we need to revive Saddam! Who's with me? ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/08/17 at 9:13 am

Nah. If it was Info Wars, Alex Jones would say that the early 2000s was dissolved by aliens.

Frankly, I agree with this. The early 2000s were already dead by the time when Saddam was executed. Especially when I usually put the early and mid 2000s up in one era.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/08/17 at 9:31 am

He was bigger than Britney Spears.

Written By: #Infinity on 01/08/17 at 2:09 pm

A dogmatic early 2000s theory doesn't need its own thread.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/08/17 at 2:32 pm

If we want to revive the spirit of the early 00s, we need to revive Saddam! Who's with me? ;D

We already had the spirit of the early 2000s revived with the Internet, lol. Iraq doesn't need to be involved with reviving an era that was totally different from ours.

This thread is made by Zelek. What did you expect from him to do?

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 2:36 pm

It's only a joke thread, there's no need to be so harsh.  :(

Written By: Howard on 01/08/17 at 2:36 pm

Let him rot in hell.  >:(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/08/17 at 2:37 pm

It's only a joke thread, there's no need to be so harsh.  :(

Gee, I never knew something from Zelek could actually be a joke. *sarcasm*

Maybe I should do the same thing with the Gulf War as the key of the early 90s.  :P

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 2:39 pm

Gee, I never knew something from Zelek could actually be a joke. *sarcasm*

Maybe I should do the same thing with the Gulf War as the key of the early 90s.  :P

Some say the balance of the world hung with David Bowie. He was alive from 1947-early 2016, a time of unprecedented global stability, and everything went to sh*t afterwards. Prove me wrong.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 2:41 pm

This is a fun thread.

The balance of the world hung with Lemmy who died in late-2015.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/08/17 at 2:44 pm

You mean the second half of 2001. Not 2000.  ::)
I don't mean to start debating, but still... ;D

I think he meant political culture when George W. Bush was elected in late 2000. Although, people could argue with me that 9/11 was the start of the cultural early 2000s. Despite that movies such as Shrek, Harry Potter (and the Sorcerer's Stone), and Spy Kids already being out before the attacks.

Some say the balance of the world hung with David Bowie. He was alive from 1947-early 2016, a time of unprecedented global stability, and everything went to sh*t afterwards. Prove me wrong.

When everybody in 2016 died, that's when sh*t started to rumble. Not just David Bowie.

Like I said to Slowpoke above.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 2:44 pm

This is a fun thread.

Those 12 days between their deaths were still kind of stable tbh.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 2:46 pm

Those 12 days between their deaths were still kind of stable tbh.

Those 12 days were days of sadness. :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 2:51 pm

Those 12 days were days of sadness. :\'(

Yeah, but not days of f*cked up sh*t.

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/08/17 at 4:30 pm

It's a joke. ::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/08/17 at 5:09 pm

It's a joke. ::)

I really don't think a very traumatizing Iraqi "president" should be considered as an icon of the early 2000s. Even though he was executed at the same time early 2000s culture was dead.

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/08/17 at 5:31 pm

Yes, but as I said before, it's a joke!

Saddam is a terrible human being, reviving him wouldn't actually bring back the early 00s. Yet his capture, and his death, were coincidentally very close to the times where early 2000s culture faded out. That's the joke.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/08/17 at 5:43 pm

Yes, but as I said before, it's a joke!

Saddam is a terrible human being, reviving him wouldn't actually bring back the early 00s. Yet his capture, and his death, were coincidentally very close to the times where early 2000s culture faded out. That's the joke.

Okay, I get it. I'm pretty sure I said that sarcastically when I said that the Gulf War was an icon of the early 90s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:09 pm

Yeah, but not days of f*cked up sh*t.

Lemmy's death was f*cked up sh!t. :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:11 pm

Lemmy's death was f*cked up sh!t. :\'(

It was just one f*cked up sh*t though. It's like poop on the wall: it doesn't mean it's a wall of poop. The wall of poop was the rest of 2016.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:12 pm

It was just one f*cked up sh*t though. It's like poop on the wall: it doesn't mean it's a wall of poop. The wall of poop was the rest of 2016.

Lemmy is the king of rock n roll so his death was like a big turd eating the Statue of Liberty whole.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:15 pm

Lemmy is the king of rock n roll so his death was like a big turd eating the Statue of Liberty whole.

Yeah but Bowie's death was the sh*t melting into diarrhea and it was raining sh*t.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:18 pm

Yeah but Bowie's death was the sh*t melting into diarrhea and it was raining sh*t.

No, that was also Lemmy's death. Lemmy was never supposed to die. :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:20 pm

No, that was also Lemmy's death. Lemmy was never supposed to die. :\'(

I guess it makes sense, since he was born late 1945, and 1946 was pretty stable. Bowie was only born 1947, so he's missing a few years.

Mess!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:22 pm

I guess it makes sense, since he was born late 1945, and 1946 was pretty stable. Bowie was only born 1947, so he's missing a few years.

Mess!

Sad!

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:24 pm

Sad!

Lying dying crooked Lemmy!!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:24 pm

Lying dying crooked Lemmy!!

What a nasty bad hombre! #DrainTheSwamp

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:28 pm

What a nasty bad hombre! #DrainTheSwamp

I promise you I'm much smarter than Ian Fraser Kilmister - I mean Lemmy! Who, by the way, is totally overrated.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:30 pm

I promise you I'm much smarter than Ian Fraser Kilmister - I mean Lemmy! Who, by the way, is totally overrated.

We have the best Lemmy's don't we folks!! At least, I didn't go bankrupt!

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:33 pm

We have the best Lemmy's don't we folks!! At least, I didn't go bankrupt!

Rigged! Establishment! Fraud!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:34 pm

Rigged! Establishment! Fraud!

The election is rigged and I will not accept the results no matter who wins!!

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:58 pm

The election is rigged and I will not accept the results no matter who wins!!

Many people are saying Lemmy held the keys to world peace. Lying media won't report! I'm not saying I believe it, but people are saying it.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 8:00 pm

Many people are saying Lemmy held the keys to world peace. Lying media won't report! I'm not saying I believe it, but people are saying it.

I held a press conference with the remaining members of Motorhead and the media won't report it! Mess!

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 8:04 pm

I held a press conference with the remaining members of Motorhead and the media won't report it! Mess!

Isn't it your job to report it? :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 9:01 pm

Isn't it your job to report it? :o

Do you expect me, the president elect, to do the media's job? Sad! Mess!

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/08/17 at 9:37 pm

Hi everybody, this is Alex Jones here. Remember: keep your head up, and don't let yourself be consumed by the mainstream media's pop culture pre-packaged couch potato garbage!

Before we continue, we'd like to invite you to call your Infowars station right now and contribute during this week's pledge drive. It's only through your support that fine Infowars programming can be brought into your home.

Just take a moment, right now, and think about the value that our show provides in your life. For your $50 pledge, you get this great Trump plushie; it's just great. For $100, you get this Super Male Vitality testosterone booster/anabolic agent (make our bodies great again!). And for $200, we'll send you this great CD, Alex Sings the Blues, featuring yours truly miming along to Oliver Nelson, BB King, Duke Ellington, and other greats. That's our thank-you gift to you, my fellow Trump supporters. We will Make America Great Again.

So please, pick up the phone right now and make your contribution. Only a sheeple would miss out on this once-in-a lifetime opportunity. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 9:53 pm

Hi everybody, this is Alex Jones here. Remember: keep your head up, and don't let yourself be consumed by the mainstream media's pop culture pre-packaged couch potato garbage!

Before we continue, we'd like to invite you to call your Infowars station right now and contribute during this week's pledge drive. It's only through your support that fine Infowars programming can be brought into your home.

Just take a moment, right now, and think about the value that this section provides in your life. For your $50 pledge, you get this great Trump plushie; it's just great. For $100, you get this Super Male Vitality testosterone booster/anabolic agent (make our bodies great again!). And for $200, we'll send you this great CD, Alex Sings the Blues, featuring yours truly miming along to Oliver Nelson, BB King, Duke Ellington, and other greats. That's our thank-you gift to you, my fellow Trump supporters. We will Make America Great Again.

So please, pick up the phone right now and make your contribution. Only a sheeple would miss out on this once-in-a lifetime opportunity. :)

Hey Alex, Trump here!

What a great deal you've got here, I am telling you! If I was not president-elect, I would probably buy! I just wanted to say you're doing some fine work here. We have the best news sources, don't we folks? It's thanks to my work on Twitter and your work on the news front that democracy succeeded this election. You know what I say, if Hilary can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America!? I mean just look at that face, just look at it. I mean, who would vote for that? I'm telling you, Alex, we did good. Grab her by the presidency and make her great again!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/08/17 at 10:32 pm

Do you expect me, the president elect, to do the media's job? Sad! Mess!

Oh my God, Trump has tied Jordan up, and stole him from us!  :\'(  :\'(  :(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 4:59 am

Oh my God, Trump has tied Jordan up, and stole him from us!  :\'(  :\'(  :(

We've got the best Jordan's, don't we folks?

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/09/17 at 2:47 pm

Hey Alex, Trump here!

What a great deal you've got here, I am telling you! If I was not president-elect, I would probably buy! I just wanted to say you're doing some fine work here. We have the best news sources, don't we folks? It's thanks to my work on Twitter and your work on the news front that democracy succeeded this election. You know what I say, if Hilary can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America!? I mean just look at that face, just look at it. I mean, who would vote for that? I'm telling you, Alex, we did good. Grab her by the presidency and make her great again!

Kudos Don. With your brains and my brawn, we'll beat down some NWO stooges. 8)

Written By: Howard on 01/09/17 at 2:53 pm

and he was the one who sang Triple H's entrance theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3pLq6fBUo

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 5:21 pm

and he was the one who sang Triple H's entrance theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3pLq6fBUo

Better than stupid ol' John Cena. You can't see me... Oh, it's so scary. ::)

Kudos Don. With your brains and my brawn, we'll beat down some NWO stooges. 8)

You've got it right, Alex, you've got it right. We are gonna make America great again, folks!

Written By: bchris02 on 01/11/17 at 10:43 am

You are on to something.  Early 2000s culture was heavily influenced by post 9/11 paranoia as well as the wave of patriotism and conservatism (one could possibly say the roots of our current polarization started there).  I don't think it's tied to Saddam Hussein specifically, but late 2003 was when there started to be somewhat of a "return to normalcy" after 9/11.  Likewise, late 2006 is when public opinion started to turn en masse against Bush, Republicans, and the War in Iraq.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/17/17 at 3:31 pm

I always thought the backlash began around early 2007(close enough) with the troop surge. Up to that point, the mainstream media had supported the war, but that's when they turned against it.

Good point, but the general public started to turn against the War in 2004/2005 when it was clear that we weren't getting out of the region immediately and that we created a vacuum of extremists in the region.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/17/17 at 4:02 pm

I always thought the backlash began around early 2007(close enough) with the troop surge. Up to that point, the mainstream media had supported the war, but that's when they turned against it.

I think you're talking about when '43 Bush started to get a bad rep from most people in the U.S. The Iraq War was already controversial by the time it started.

Check for new replies or respond here...