inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: W.'s legacy

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/22/17 at 1:16 pm

After hearing about the Obama legacy, a member had said that we should wait for a few years to truly say if Obama had a good one or a bad one. That got me thinking about W. Bush's legacy since it's been 8 years he's been out of office. So, has his legacy in the end gave this country a good reputation or a bad reputation for his orders and actions?

Subject: Re: W.'s legacy

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/23/17 at 5:41 pm

His legacy improved over time, but it's still poor.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/23/17 at 6:21 pm

Don't we have a thread similar to this one which you made?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/23/17 at 9:16 pm

Don't we have a thread similar to this one which you made?
No, the other one is about his positive actions during his presidency. This one is about the overall aftermath of his administration.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/25/17 at 10:12 pm

His legacy improved over time, but it's still poor.

I would agree with this.

Time cannot gloss over the fact that Bush presided over the most unjust war of the past century and his Presidency was bookended with recessions at the start and the finish.

That said, I wouldn't consider him the worst.  Nixon and Buchanan were much, much worse than W. Bush and Trump will likely join them at the bottom.  Bush is still in the bottom 25% though.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/30/17 at 4:47 pm

I would agree with this.

Time cannot gloss over the fact that Bush presided over the most unjust war of the past century and his Presidency was bookended with recessions at the start and the finish.

That said, I wouldn't consider him the worst.  Nixon and Buchanan were much, much worse than W. Bush and Trump will likely join them at the bottom.  Bush is still in the bottom 25% though.
Would he have been a good president had he not gone to Iraq and did better with Katrina?

Check for new replies or respond here...