inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Spider-Man movie (original trilogy)

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/24/17 at 4:21 pm

Toon posting that GIF of Jameson reminded me of this iconic 00s movie series, so I decided to create this poll.

Subject: Re: Best Spider-Man movie (original trilogy)

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/24/17 at 4:22 pm

For me it's a tie between the first and second. I never did care much for the 3rd one.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/17 at 4:23 pm

Spider-Man 2 >> Spider-Man >>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 3

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/24/17 at 4:25 pm

Spider Man 3 was not very good, but it did have the "so bad it's funny" symbiote scenes, where Peter gets a Hitler haircut, starts trying too hard to be cool, and smacks Mary Jane while at the disco club.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/17 at 4:28 pm

After watching modern superhero movies and TV shows from the MCU, CW, or DCEU. The cheesy lines and the graphics in Spider-Man 1 & 2 have NOT aged well at all lmao! But I will always remember how excited I was for those 3 Spider-Man movies.

Written By: 2001 on 03/24/17 at 4:31 pm

I liked the first one the most, but the second was a better movie. Overall though, while I did enjoy the movies at the time, the series is mediocre to somewhat bad, in my opinion.  :-X :-X

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/24/17 at 4:33 pm

After watching modern superhero movies and TV shows from the MCU, CW, or DCEU. The cheesy lines and the graphics in Spider-Man 1 & 2 have NOT aged well at all lmao! But I will always remember how excited I was for those 3 Spider-Man movies.

I liked the first one the most, but the second was a better movie. Overall though, while I did enjoy the movies at the time, the series is mediocre to somewhat bad, in my opinion.  :-X :-X

Cheesy movies are awesome, you guys are just parroting Redditors and Facebookers who bandwagon on the more serious Garfield movies.

(Just kidding)

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/17 at 4:36 pm

Spider Man 3 was not very good, but it did have the "so bad it's funny" symbiote scenes, where Peter gets a Hitler haircut, starts trying too hard to be cool, and smacks Mary Jane while at the disco club.

I still enjoyed Spider-Man 3 in general, but it wasn't as good as the first two, but I'd take it any day over the Amazing Spider-Man movies. People need to remember that the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies saved the superhero/comic book movie genre. Before then back in the 90's or 80's hardly any of those were good. It brought us into the golden age of superhero movies we're still in today. Later throughout the 2000's we started getting really good X-Men movies, then after the Maguire Spider-Man trilogy ended the Marvel Cinematic Universe began the following year with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. Now Suicide Squad last fall is what's gotten this DC Extended Universe going and soon there will be more movies this year.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/17 at 4:39 pm

Like I said it hasn't aged well, but it was something else for its time being. Without Spider-Man 1-3 the X-Men film series wouldn't have gotten better, without that there'd never be influence for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and without that there'd be no influence for this new DC Extended Universe.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/24/17 at 4:42 pm

Same here, I like the Spider-Man the most but Spider-Man 2 was the better movie (that's the one I voted for). I did like Spider-Man 3 but to be fair I was 8 when it came out :D. However, a question for everyone...which Spider-Man animated show is the best?.....Spider-Man (1967-1970), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981-1986), Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994-1998) or Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009)? For me, personally it's Spectacular Spider-Man (but the '90s Spider-Man is a close second).

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/17 at 4:45 pm

Same here, I like the Spider-Man the most but Spider-Man 2 was the better movie (that's the one I voted for). I did like Spider-Man 3 but to be fair I was 8 when it came out :D. However, a question for everyone...which Spider-Man animated show is the best?.....Spider-Man (1967-1970), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981-1986), Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994-1998) or Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009)? For me, personally it's Spectacular Spider-Man (but the '90s Spider-Man is a close second).

For me it has to be the 1994-1998 series. There were a lot of good Marvel cartoons from the 90's rerunning on ABC Family or Jetix back then.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/24/17 at 4:52 pm

For me it has to be the 1994-1998 series. There were a lot of good Marvel cartoons from the 90's rerunning on ABC Family or Jetix back then.

Jetix was the sh*t. "The WORLD of Jetix BELONGS YOU!". #BringJetixBack

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/17 at 5:06 pm

Don't want to get off topic, so see my posts here.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=42764.msg3541932#msg3541932

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/24/17 at 5:17 pm

Don't want to get off topic, so see my posts here.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=42764.msg3541932#msg3541932

Interesting I would agree. I definetly favored Jetix more than Toon Disney growing up.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/25/17 at 1:14 pm

Have to go with the first one! I love both 1 & 2 growing up but I seem to get the most nostalgic value from 1! Seeing the movie when it came to theaters back in the day while also owning the DVD (one of the first DVDs I actually owned) made me avid fan of the superhero. However, years later I do find 2 to be the better movie with better writing, a more complex and interesting villain, a better fleshed out love story, and overall a much more substantive product. So I'm torn, but I'll go with the nostalgia (although I have it for both movies, so bear with me ;D) and say 1 was my favorite!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/25/17 at 1:20 pm

Also I saw this review of Spiderman 1 & 2 a while back and I suggest anybody else who grew up in the Early 00's who vividly remembers the hype for both of these movies to give it a watch ;)

wD3h_bT0Mfg

The guy does other movie reviews and they are very in depth and nuanced, I'd definitely check him out!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/17 at 1:23 pm

Have to go with the first one! I love both 1 & 2 growing up but I seem to get the most nostalgic value from 1! Seeing the movie when it came to theaters back in the day while also owning the DVD (one of the first DVDs I actually owned) made me avid fan of the superhero. However, years later I do find 2 to be the better movie with better writing, a more complex and interesting villain, a better fleshed out love story, and overall a much more substantive product. So I'm torn, but I'll go with the nostalgia (although I have it for both movies, so bear with me ;D) and say 1 was my favorite!

Also I saw this review of Spiderman 1 & 2 a while back and I suggest anybody else who grew up in the Early 00's who vividly remembers the hype for both of these movies to give it a watch ;)

wD3h_bT0Mfg

The guy does other movie reviews and they are very in depth and nuanced, I'd definitely check him out!

You made me change my vote to Spider-Man (2002). I have always liked it more than Spider-Man 2 but Spider-Man 2 is seen as the better movie (but I like both). Great times man. BTW, what is your favorite Spidey cartoon?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/25/17 at 1:27 pm

You made me change my vote to Spider-Man (2002). I have always liked it more than Spider-Man 2 but Spider-Man 2 is seen as the better movie (but I like both). Great times man. BTW, what is your favorite Spidey cartoon?

Yeah Spiderman 1 just seems more iconic and memorable overall, but that could be that I saw that first so it stuck with me longer. And for Spiderman cartoons, tbh I haven't seen much to give an appropriate opinion. However, ditto on Jetix, I would watch the 90's Spiderman cartoon on their back in the day and thought it was pretty bad ass :D

I have pretty similar opinions with mqg on the overall quality of Toon Disney in the Mid 2000's

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/17 at 1:30 pm

Yeah Spiderman 1 just seems more iconic and memorable overall, but that could be that I saw that first so it stuck with me longer. And for Spiderman cartoons, tbh I haven't seen much to give an appropriate opinion. However, ditto on Jetix, I would watch the 90's Spiderman cartoon on their back in the day and thought it was pretty bad ass :D

I have pretty similar opinions with mqg on the overall quality of Toon Disney in the Mid 2000's

Nice. 8)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/25/17 at 3:35 pm

Too bad Disney wouldn't care about bringing back Jetix. Even though it was one of my favorite TV blocks to watch in the late 2000s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/17 at 3:40 pm

Too bad Disney wouldn't care about bringing back Jetix. Even though it was one of my favorite TV blocks to watch in the late 2000s.

True.  :\'( >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...