inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Is The Most Recent Year in the 2000's That Seems "Old" To You?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/11/17 at 12:32 pm

I mentioned in another thread that 2007 has started to feel dated to me, but I would say that 2005 is the latest year that seems truly "old" from a technological standpoint in 2017.

Here's some of the reasons that 2005 has started seeming quite ancient to me over the last few years.

*It was the last year where my CD player was my main way of listening to music.
*It was the last year where I still used dial-up internet.
*It was the last year where I still went to music stores to buy albums regularly, since digital downloads were not possible on my slow connection.
*I was the year when I first started really becoming aware of MySpace, and did not yet have an account.
*It was the last year when I still recorded shows and movies mostly on VHS.
*At the beginning of the year, I still didn't even own a cell phone. When I did get one later in 2005, I only used it for texts and phone calls.
*I didn't discover YouTube until January 2006, so it was my last year without YT.
*I was still in high school at the beginning of the year, which seems ancient to me now.
*I still actually sent e-mails to people, and talked to my friends often on Yahoo Messenger.
*The sixth generation of gaming was still dominant, as the Xbox 360 would not launch until late November.

How about the rest of you? What would you say is the most recent year in the 2000's that feels "old" from a tech standpoint in 2017?

Subject: Re: What Is The Most Recent Year in the 2000's That Seems "Old" To You?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/11/17 at 12:53 pm

This was difficult to think about, but I would say 2008.

- Myspace was still popular than Facebook
- YouTube was golden age
- DVDs were standard before Blu-ray took over
- Flip phones were still common. Aside from the HTC Dream and the Sidekick, I don't remember seeing any slide-phones at that time.
- Online assignments were less common compared to today.
- Although HDTVs gained popularity, they didn't truly take off yet.

Subject: Re: What Is The Most Recent Year in the 2000's That Seems "Old" To You?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/11/17 at 1:36 pm

I think around mid 2009 is the last period of the 2000s where I usually see things as majorly dated. Late 2009 to Early 2012 was my personal transition from my childhood to adolescence.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/11/17 at 3:33 pm

Written By: Howard on 05/11/17 at 3:35 pm

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 3:39 pm

Jan-Aug 2006. Late 2006 is the beginning of the modern era.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/11/17 at 5:06 pm

For me, 2007.

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/11/17 at 5:18 pm

I mean it, I'm not joking around with "late 2006 shift" memes.

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/11/17 at 5:24 pm

*I didn't discover YouTube until January 2006, so it was my last year without YT.

I discovered YouTube sometime around mid 2007. I was pretty late to the party.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/11/17 at 5:35 pm

2005. 2006 seemed a lot more modern from a tech standpoint.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/11/17 at 5:38 pm

The entire decade feels quite distant to me now in all frankness, but I'd probably say 2006 is the earliest to feel distinctly "old" because I hadn't yet started high school and I didn't yet spend my free time watching YouTube or other online video sites.

Culturally, 2001 is still the most recent "old" year for me because it's the last year in the stretch of time I personally love the most (1983 being the first). Around 2002, music started to become too oversaturated with millennial rap and generally less interesting rock music, Y2K fashion was just starting to wind down, and gaming began its long downward spiral towards the point I feel I can no longer even consider myself a gamer anymore.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/11/17 at 6:21 pm

- YouTube was golden age
- Flip phones were still common. Aside from the HTC Dream and the Sidekick, I don't remember seeing any slide-phones at that time.

I agree with you.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/11/17 at 7:56 pm

I'm going to agree with 2005. Its fascinating and unbelievable because I was already a teenager by then. The schools I went to back then, people I casually sat next to and listened to converse, the friends I made. I wonder what their up to.

Written By: Encoder319 on 05/11/17 at 8:20 pm

Yeah, 2005.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/12/17 at 4:20 pm

2007 I guess. But "old" can be defined and interpreted in many ways. For my personal life, 2009 is already old. Not a single year in the 2000s is "ancient".

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/12/17 at 6:01 pm

2007 I guess. But "old" can be defined and interpreted in many ways. For my personal life, 2009 is already old. Not a single year in the 2000s is "ancient".

I agree that the early 2000's are not at the "ancient" stage yet, but I think they are getting close. The technology of that era in particular (dial-up internet, basic cell phones, pagers still being a thing, VHS still being a major force, etc.) is extremely outdated by 2017 standards.

The most recent year that I would say feels "ancient" to me is 1998. We didn't have internet or even a computer, my parents didn't own a cell phone yet, and 2D gaming was still the dominant thing for me up until I finally got my Nintendo 64 that Christmas. That feels like a million years ago in 2017.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/13/17 at 5:15 am

2007. Just the fact that I was using Limewire to burn songs onto disc at the time, makes the year feel old. :P

Written By: Brian06 on 05/15/17 at 12:35 am

2008 is the most recent clearly old year, though I think even 2009-2012 is a little bit old/dated.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/15/17 at 11:44 pm

I'm listening to Jennifer Lopez's 'Love Don't Cost A Thing' song, from 2001, and it seems outdated.

Written By: 2001 on 05/16/17 at 9:10 am

2004 and before was more than half my life ago.  :o

Written By: Slim95 on 05/16/17 at 9:14 am

2004 and before was more than half my life ago.  :o

2006 and before is more than half my life ago, which feels really weird.

Written By: 2001 on 05/16/17 at 9:25 am

2006 and before is more than half my life ago, which feels really weird.

The exactly halfway point for me is March 2005, which means the PSP has existed for half my life.  :o YouTube hasn't existed for half my life yet but it's coming up soon.

Also that means I've been listening to Boulevard of Broken Dreams for more than half my life now.

That also means my maternal grandma hasn't existed for half my life. March break 2005 was the worst.  :\'(

Written By: Brian06 on 05/16/17 at 3:02 pm

The halfway point of my life is well May 2002 when I turned 15. I mean I was only 15 then...fifteen! I wasn't even old enough to drive, now I'm gasp...thirty.  :o 2002 is definitely essentially ancient in that sense.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/16/17 at 4:53 pm

The halfway point of my life is well May 2002 when I turned 15. I mean I was only 15 then...fifteen! I wasn't even old enough to drive, now I'm gasp...thirty.  :o 2002 is definitely essentially ancient in that sense.

Happy belated birthday

Written By: Brian06 on 05/16/17 at 4:57 pm

Happy belated birthday

Thanks.  ;)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/16/17 at 5:58 pm

I know how you feel, man. 2002 was half my life ago as well. It's kind of weird how young 15 feels now, isn't it? I mean, when I was 15 I already saw myself as an adult and dared anybody to challenge that, but now I still see 15-year-olds as kids. ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 05/16/17 at 6:01 pm

I know how you feel, man. 2002 was half my life ago as well. It's kind of weird how young 15 feels now, isn't it? I mean, when I was 15 I already saw myself as an adult and dared anybody to challenge that, but now I still see 15-year-olds as kids. ;D

Yeah that's how getting old is, it's kind of depressing tbh.  :(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/16/17 at 6:02 pm

July 2008 was the halfway point of my life.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/16/17 at 6:10 pm

Funny how perspective changes as you get older. 15 to me pretty much feels like yesterday, but age 12 feels forever ago.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/16/17 at 6:12 pm

Funny how perspective changes as you get older. 15 to me pretty much feels like yesterday, but age 12 feels forever ago.

15 year olds start looking like little babies when you're 30...

Written By: Slim95 on 05/16/17 at 6:17 pm

Yeah it's very different from your early 20s. I was also a different person back then yet it still feels kinda recent to me but it was only 7 years ago for me.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/17 at 6:26 am

Yeah that's how getting old is, it's kind of depressing tbh.  :(

You're in your prime so you're far from being considered "old".

Written By: Howard on 05/17/17 at 6:27 am

and what do guys over the age of 40 look like? ???

Written By: Brian06 on 05/17/17 at 7:20 am

You're in your prime so you're far from being considered "old".

Yeah I know but it is part of the gradual process we're always getting older from the moment of birth actually.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/17/17 at 7:28 am

and what do guys over the age of 40 look like? ???

40s is older than me but it seems a lot younger than it did compared to when I was 20. It's only on the young early side of middle age which seems a lot younger than the older late side of middle age (late 50s early 60s). I used to think 40s was older but now I think more of the 50s/60s as being on the older side. It's just all relative. 40 is way way younger than 60 and 60 is way way younger than 80...

Written By: mqg96 on 05/17/17 at 8:26 am

40s is older than me but it seems a lot younger than it did compared to when I was 20. It's only on the young early side of middle age which seems a lot younger than the older late side of middle age (late 50s early 60s). I used to think 40s was older but now I think more of the 50s/60s as being on the older side. It's just all relative. 40 is way way younger than 60 and 60 is way way younger than 80...

There's some women on my mom's father's side of the family who are in their late 30's and early 40's who you would guess are still in their 20's. It's unbelievable how people are looking younger for their age lately. I look at high school kids now, when I was a young kid I thought high school students were supposed to look a lot more mature like adults in their 20's now.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/17/17 at 8:57 am

Yep, age changes your perspectives on everything. When I was 12 I thought I was a "grown up" then too and used to get upset whenever somebody called me a kid. Now, though, I really see just how young I was at 12. I mean, damn, I was still playing with Pokemon cards. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/17/17 at 12:40 pm

Yeah I know but it is part of the gradual process we're always getting older from the moment of birth actually.

I know, so is life.

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/20/17 at 9:18 am

Part of this has to do with less smoking compared to a few decades ago. I recently happened to come across a Larry King Live interview from 1986 with a 22-year old woman who easily could pass for ten years older rather than a recent college graduate.

I'm now 32, and of course anti-aging products/services have made lots of improvements since then, but I'd still go with 2006. The King of Queens was still on the air, Will & Grace had its finale, essentially ending NBC's last big multi-camera, soundstage sitcom, Bob Barker's last full year as host of The Price Is Right, Internet sites that got redesigned that year were predominantly flash-based as opposed to mobile-friendly, TV cartoons were still mostly 2D, many movies still used 35mm film as opposed to digital video, music was still about rap or trance-influenced pop as opposed to autotune or EDM, the last full year before the iPhone, and CD's still had higher volumes than digital downloads.  I definitely felt that shift around September (when I discovered YouTube, first heard about Facebook, and started to notice around half of all primetime TV commercials were letterboxed and/or in HD), so this applies for the year as a whole. Keep in mind that this only "old" in a 2017 sense, as 2006 still feels very modern compared to my childhood years in the late '80s/early-mid '90s (you had that late 1996/early 1997 shift and also another one in late 1998), but it sort of divides the early Millenials from late Millenials in terms of overall pop culture.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/20/17 at 11:45 am

Part of this has to do with less smoking compared to a few decades ago. I recently happened to come across a Larry King Live interview from 1986 with a 22-year old woman who easily could pass for ten years older rather than a recent college graduate.

I'm now 32, and of course anti-aging products/services have made lots of improvements since then, but I'd still go with 2006. The King of Queens was still on the air, Will & Grace had its finale, essentially ending NBC's last big multi-camera, soundstage sitcom, Bob Barker's last full year as host of The Price Is Right, Internet sites that got redesigned that year were predominantly flash-based as opposed to mobile-friendly, TV cartoons were still mostly 2D, many movies still used 35mm film as opposed to digital video, music was still about rap or trance-influenced pop as opposed to autotune or EDM, the last full year before the iPhone, and CD's still had higher volumes than digital downloads.  I definitely felt that shift around September (when I discovered YouTube, first heard about Facebook, and started to notice around half of all primetime TV commercials were letterboxed and/or in HD), so this applies for the year as a whole. Keep in mind that this only "old" in a 2017 sense, as 2006 still feels very modern compared to my childhood years in the late '80s/early-mid '90s (you had that late 1996/early 1997 shift and also another one in late 1998), but it sort of divides the early Millenials from late Millenials in terms of overall pop culture.

All of this.

Another factor that makes 2006 seem dated by 2017 standards was something that MachineHead mentioned, the year marked an end to the Post-Cold War/Neo-Liberal prosperity of the 80's/90's & 00's in most of the West.

The era began roughly around 1983 when Reagonomics started to have an effect on the economy and when the 'Star Wars' Initiative was first proposed, putting massive pressure on the Soviets and fastening their decline. The era ended within the 2007-2008 period when the economy began to decline with rapid oil prices, stagnated wages, and falling housing prices. Also the 'New World Order' that was established through the Bush 41' and Clinton presidencies through NAFTA and Liberal international policies started to face massive backlash with the Late 00's Recession and controversial Iraq War.

I think looking back the period from roughly 1983-2006, which I would like to call the Post-Cold War Years (even despite the earlier section of this period still being part of the Cold War era, it was clearly evident the Soviets couldn't keep up for much of the mid-late 80's), was the modern equivalent to the Post-WWII Years of 1946-1964.

Also anecdotally, but its weird how my core childhood ended around in this time period as I was transitioning into adolescence, ironically during one of the most turbulent and transformative periods in modern history. The happy go lucky 2000's were transitioning into the more dark and gritty 2010's before my eyes. Perhaps that's just my nostalgia clouding my judgement though

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/21/17 at 9:05 am

- YouTube was golden age

It was also the last year of George W. Bush.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 05/21/17 at 12:51 pm

I'd go with 2008 as well

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/22/17 at 4:02 am

I'd go with 2008 as well

2008 has now become old to me 9 years later. Not early 2000 level old, but getting there. Quite dated really.

I mentioned in another thread that 2007 has started to feel dated to me, but I would say that 2005 is the latest year that seems truly "old" from a technological standpoint in 2017.

Here's some of the reasons that 2005 has started seeming quite ancient to me over the last few years.

*It was the last year where my CD player was my main way of listening to music.
*It was the last year where I still used dial-up internet.
*It was the last year where I still went to music stores to buy albums regularly, since digital downloads were not possible on my slow connection.
*I was the year when I first started really becoming aware of MySpace, and did not yet have an account.
*It was the last year when I still recorded shows and movies mostly on VHS.
*At the beginning of the year, I still didn't even own a cell phone. When I did get one later in 2005, I only used it for texts and phone calls.
*I was still in high school at the beginning of the year, which seems ancient to me now.
*I still actually sent e-mails to people, and talked to my friends often on Yahoo Messenger.
*The sixth generation of gaming was still dominant, as the Xbox 360 would not launch until late November.

How about the rest of you? What would you say is the most recent year in the 2000's that feels "old" from a tech standpoint in 2017?

I still used a portable CD player until 2009 when I got a new computer.

People still used Myspace more than Facebook in 2008 among the people I knew.

I didn't get a texting phone until late 2009, the kind with the pull out keyboard.

High school felt forever ago by then even though it had only been 4-5 years.

I still emailed back and forth quite often in 2010 and 2011, same with chatting on messenger which was then built into the email service itself.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/22/17 at 12:04 pm

2008 does not feel old to me at all.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/22/17 at 12:05 pm

I still emailed back and forth quite often in 2010 and 2011, same with chatting on messenger which was then built into the email service itself.

I still do that lol

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/23/17 at 3:29 am

I still do that lol

Nothing wrong with that!

Written By: John Titor on 05/23/17 at 8:52 pm

the 2006/2007 school year

Written By: Slim95 on 05/23/17 at 11:37 pm

the 2006/2007 school year

The 2006 - 2007 school year was my last year of elementary school. Indeed that feels very old. For me, fall of 2007 was the last time there was a noticeably very "old school" vibe in the air.

Written By: Howard on 05/24/17 at 7:33 am

I would have to say the year 2000.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/24/17 at 1:51 pm

I don't care.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/24/17 at 6:41 pm

2008 does not feel old to me at all.

2008 doesn't feel old on a technological basis but on a sociological basis it feels very old.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/24/17 at 7:15 pm

2008 doesn't feel old on a technological basis but on a sociological basis it feels very old.

It's the other way around for me. On a sociological level it's not that old (at least where I live) because people are pretty much acting the same and have the same attitudes towards things. On a technological level there is some datedness though as touch screen devices and mobile social media weren't quite commonplace yet.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/24/17 at 7:22 pm

It's the other way around for me. On a sociological level it's not that old (at least where I live) because people are pretty much acting the same and have the same attitudes towards things. On a technological level there is some datedness though as touch screen devices and mobile social media weren't quite commonplace yet.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/24/17 at 7:37 pm

Not really. In 2008 it wasn't a 50/50 split between SJWs and neo fascists. There was a lot more respect for freedom at least before the crash.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/24/17 at 7:38 pm

Not really. In 2008 it wasn't a 50/50 split between SJWs and neo fascists.

That's not the case in 2017 either. Yes, SJWs and "neo fascists" are more prominent in 2017 but the general public isn't split 50/50 (even if you're exaggerating).

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/25/17 at 11:54 am

That's not the case in 2017 either. Yes, SJWs and "neo fascists" are more prominent in 2017 but the general public isn't split 50/50 (even if you're exaggerating).

Still both are far more common than in 08

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 12:07 pm

Still both are far more common than in 08

Still we're not that different now sociologically than in 2008.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/25/17 at 5:28 pm

Still we're not that different now sociologically than in 2008.

I remember the 2000s. Sociologically the attitudes were far different, especially in the youth. Now the right is going Nazi and Taliban and the Left is going full Communist and Totalitarian.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 6:01 pm

I remember the 2000s. Sociologically the attitudes were far different, especially in the youth. Now the right is going Nazi and Taliban and the Left is going full Communist and Totalitarian.

1.  "I remember the 2000s"....um, yeah and I do too...so your point is invalid.

2. Also, your point about the Left and Right today is incorrect.

3. Sociologically, there is barely any difference between 2008 and now. In 2008, the Tea Party rose to fame then. SJWs also got their start in the late 2000s (however, they did gain prominence in 2015).

Written By: 80sfan on 05/25/17 at 7:21 pm

1.  "I remember the 2000s"....um, yeah and I do too...so your point is invalid.

2. Also, your point about the Left and Right today is incorrect.

3. Sociologically, there is barely any difference between 2008 and now. In 2008, the Tea Party rose to fame then. SJWs also got their start in the late 2000s (however, they did gain prominence in 2015).

Are you from Canada? From what I remember, the SJW didn't explode until like 2010. But then again, I'm mentally depressed and live inside my parents' house because of it.  :-X  :-X

I first heard of the word, Social Justice Warrior around 2006, maybe even as early as 2004, I can't remember. But somewhere during MySpace's Golden age.

But 'Social Justice Warrior' didn't become a pejorative until 2011, at least according to Wikipedia. For me, personally the movement exploded in 2010/2011. What about you?

Maybe it was different in Canada and the United States.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/25/17 at 7:22 pm

Although the positive word for them now is Social Progressive (s).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 7:39 pm

Are you from Canada? From what I remember, the SJW didn't explode until like 2010. But then again, I'm mentally depressed and live inside my parents' house because of it.  :-X  :-X

I first heard of the word, Social Justice Warrior around 2006, maybe even as early as 2004, I can't remember. But somewhere during MySpace's Golden age.

But 'Social Justice Warrior' didn't become a pejorative until 2011, at least according to Wikipedia. For me, personally the movement exploded in 2010/2011. What about you?

This has become a common statement said to me: "Are you Canadian?/Are you from Canada?". Even though, I'm not (I'm American) and I have repeated over and over that I'm from New York City (born and raised)...if you want to learn more about me, you can go to the "Ask TheReignMan99" thread :).

The SJW movement became notable around 2011 but with the candidacy of Donald Trump in 2015, SJWs rose to nationwide and international fame. In the early 2010s, SJWs were primarily limited to major cities and didn't have huge rallies and protests but that all changed starting in 2015. There are even more SJWs now and they are even in small towns and suburban areas.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/25/17 at 7:41 pm

I never heard of this "Social Justice Warrior" crap until like 2014 or 2015, personally I do not use such terms. It's dumb 2010s internet slang to me. I just call it extreme political correctness. I suppose these are the types of liberals that constantly call "white people" racist and privileged, which I think is counterproductive rhetoric.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 7:44 pm

I never heard of this "Social Justice Warrior" crap until like 2014 or 2015, personally I do not use such terms. It's dumb 2010s internet slang to me. I just call it extreme political correctness. I suppose these are the types of liberals that constantly call "white people" racist and privileged, which I think is counterproductive rhetoric.

I'm very liberal but even I find SJWs to be a pain a lot of times. Almost everything is offensive and racist nowadays. SJWs are putting a "stain" on the liberals like me who want to see a progressive and more accepting country but doesn't think every single thing is racist and offensive. That's just one of the many reasons why I would NEVER support the Green Party (at least in it's current state).

Written By: Slim95 on 05/25/17 at 7:46 pm

That's just one of the many reasons why I would NEVER support the Green Party (at least in it's current state).

Are the Green Party SJWs in the U.S.? I thought they were just environmentalist progressives, not "SJW" in like hating white men, etc.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 7:51 pm

Are the Green Party SJWs in the U.S.? I thought they were just environmentalist progressives, not "SJW" in like hating white men, etc.

Yes, our Green Party is home not only to environmentalists but tons of SJWs. Take a look for yourself (http://www.gp.org/)

Written By: Slim95 on 05/25/17 at 7:57 pm

Yes, our Green Party is home not only to environmentalists but tons of SJWs. Take a look for yourself (http://www.gp.org/)

In the 2016 election I supported Jill Stein. If I were an American, I would only vote for her.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/25/17 at 7:59 pm

Green Party is a fraud and helped elected Trump (also Bush back in 2000). Jill Stein was at a dinner in Russia with Vlad Putin and Mike Flynn. The far lefties that voted for her helped elect Trump, hope they're liking him!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 8:00 pm

In the 2016 election I supported Jill Stein. If I were an American, I would only vote for her.

Not me. Jill Stein was off the table (if I could have voted last year :P).

Green Party is a fraud and helped elected Trump (also Bush back in 2000). Jill Stein was at a dinner in Russia with Vlad Putin and Mike Flynn. The far lefties that voted for her helped elect Trump, hope they're liking him!

I agree and I hope that they aren't complaining about Trump.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/25/17 at 8:02 pm

Jill Stein is a fraud and in deep with Russia just like Trump.

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_14/1955941/170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_2740adaac2e67a2ac1ec0bcdae1f8a56.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 8:08 pm

Jill Stein is a fraud and in deep with Russia just like Trump.

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_14/1955941/170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_2740adaac2e67a2ac1ec0bcdae1f8a56.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

That picture is disgusting.

No wonder Jill Stein said:

"On the issue of war and nuclear weapons, it is actually Hillary's policies which are much scarier than Donald Trump who does not want to go to war with Russia. He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia."

Written By: Brian06 on 05/25/17 at 8:23 pm

That picture is disgusting.

No wonder Jill Stein said:

"On the issue of war and nuclear weapons, it is actually Hillary's policies which are much scarier than Donald Trump who does not want to go to war with Russia. He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia."

Yeah I'd say the libertarian "alt left" kind of types annoy me too. Those are the people that love Assange and Snowden and always attack US foreign policy while ignoring Russia. It's so obvious that Wikileaks is a Russian front. It's no coincidence that Snowden ended up in Russia. All these clowns are pawns of Russia and are part of Putin's effort to destroy the West.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 8:28 pm

Yeah I'd say the libertarian "alt left" kind of types annoy me too. Those are the people that love Assange and Snowden and always attack US foreign policy while ignoring Russia. It's so obvious that Wikileaks is a Russian front. It's no coincidence that Snowden ended up in Russia. All these clowns are pawns of Russia and are part of Putin's effort to destroy the West.

I absolutely agree. Oh and Putin not only wants to destroy the West but he also wants to reform the USSR (that's why he invaded Ukraine and annexed Crimea).

Written By: Brian06 on 05/25/17 at 8:35 pm

I absolutely agree. Oh and Putin not only wants to destroy the West but he also wants to reform the USSR (that's why he invaded Ukraine and annexed Crimea).

Yeah I know, that guy is definitely up to no good. Honestly it doesn't really take a rocket science to see the link between the events of the last few years in western countries and Putin. The refugee crisis which helped lead to the "right wing populist" uprising is also directly caused by Putin's continued backing of Assad. Putin isn't fighting ISIS he's just propping up Assad.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/25/17 at 8:42 pm

Assange also supported Jill Stein (of course). Jill Stein of course also praised Assange. These people are all linked together and are all part of this plot.  ::)

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/8/8/wikileaks_julian_assange_attacks_against_jill

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/06/politics/jill-stein-julian-assange-green-party-convention/

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 8:44 pm

Yeah I know, that guy is definitely up to no good. Honestly it doesn't really take a rocket science to see the link between the events of the last few years in western countries and Putin. The refugee crisis which helped lead to the "right wing populist" uprising is also directly caused by Putin's continued backing of Assad. Putin isn't fighting ISIS he's just propping up Assad.

Yes, you're correct.

Assange also supported Jill Stein (of course). Jill Stein of course also praised Assange. These people are all linked together and are all part of this plot.  ::)

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/8/8/wikileaks_julian_assange_attacks_against_jill

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/06/politics/jill-stein-julian-assange-green-party-convention/

Assange is a dirty a**hole 8-P.

Written By: 2001 on 05/25/17 at 10:47 pm

They're scientifically illiterate conspiracy theorists! :-X They say they're environmentalists but they're anti-nuclear. In Ontario in the early 2000s, we got 40% of our energy from coal. We used to have a 45 smog days a year. Growing up, half of my class had asthma and the kids couldn't run or play outside for too long or they'd get asthma attacks, and we lived in Hamilton Mountain (300 metres above sea level – there's even more pollution at sea level). Fast forward to 2017, we've completely transferred over to nuclear, the last coal plant shut down in 2014, and the last smog day we had was in 2013, and the province has saved $4 billion in reduced health costs. In 2015, our yearly CO2 emissions were 30% below our 2005 levels. We've already matched the Paris agreement with 15 years to spare!

In 2011, Japan announced it was going to phase out nuclear after the Fukushima disaster and the results were amazing, you'd never guess what they replaced it with! (sarcasm)... coal and natural gas.

http://energypost.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Suzuki-graphic-2.png

In 2014, Japan produced a record amount of carbon dioxide, up 5% from their 2005 level. Their Paris target is to get it down 20% from their 2005 level by 2030. It's been a total disaster.

When I see a greenie Green hippies spouting anti-nuclear nonsense, I want to get a trout (intoxicated due to increasing ocean acidification of course) and smack it on the back side of their head! They have zero idea what they're talking about. They don't how dangerous their uninformed blabbering is (Switzerland voted to phase out of nuclear power in their dumb referendums a few weeks ago... the paranoia spreads like wildfire).

That's not even getting into other anti-science stuff the Green Party beleives in. Vaccines causing autism, GMO paranoia nonsense, alternative medicine, Wi-fi causing cancer. There's no end to it.  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 05/25/17 at 10:55 pm

They're scientifically illiterate conspiracy theorists! :-X They say they're environmentalists but they're anti-nuclear. In Ontario in the early 2000s, we got 40% of our energy from coal. We used to have a 45 smog days a year. Growing up, half of my class had asthma and the kids couldn't run or play outside for too long or they'd get asthma attacks, and we lived in Hamilton Mountain (300 metres above sea level – there's even more pollution at sea level). Fast forward to 2017, we've completely transferred over to nuclear, the last coal plant shut down in 2014, and the last smog day we had was in 2013, and the province has saved $4 billion in reduced health costs. In 2015, our yearly CO2 emissions were 30% below our 2005 levels. We've already matched the Paris agreement with 15 years to spare!

In 2011, Japan announced it was going to phase out nuclear after the Fukushima disaster and the results were amazing, you'd never guess what they replaced it with! (sarcasm)... coal and natural gas.

http://energypost.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Suzuki-graphic-2.png

In 2014, Japan produced a record amount of carbon dioxide, up 5% from their 2005 level. Their Paris target is to get it down 20% from their 2005 level by 2030. It's been a total disaster.

When I see a greenie Green hippies spouting anti-nuclear nonsense, I want to get a trout (intoxicated due to increasing ocean acidification of course) and smack it on the back side of their head! They have zero idea what they're talking about. They don't how dangerous their uninformed blabbering is (Switzerland voted to phase out of nuclear power in their dumb referendums a few weeks ago... the paranoia spreads like wildfire).

That's not even getting into other anti-science stuff the Green Party beleives in. Vaccines causing autism, GMO paranoia nonsense, alternative medicine, Wi-fi causing cancer. There's no end to it.  ;D

I actually agree with most of their stances on this stuff. In the U.S., I honestly believe the government can't be trusted (the big 2 parties) I would totally vote for the Greens every election if I was in the U.S. She isn't anti-vaccine though. I found this and she addresses those rumours.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/18/jill-stein-anti-vaccination-green-party-ridiculous

Either way, all of this has nothing to do with SJW. ReignMan, why do you think the party is SJW? They don't hate white men or parade the streets for social justice, etc. They are just a good left wing party.

Here in Canada, I like the Green Party because Elizabeth May is a bad ass  ;D  I was seriously considering putting my vote into the Greens last election because all of the leaders didn't really do it for me. Elizabeth May was by far the best leader last election. Her drunk speech was awesome.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 11:14 pm

I actually agree with most of their stances on this stuff. In the U.S., I honestly believe the government can't be trusted (the big 2 parties) I would totally vote for the Greens every election if I was in the U.S. She isn't anti-vaccine though. I found this and she addresses those rumours.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/18/jill-stein-anti-vaccination-green-party-ridiculous

Either way, all of this has nothing to do with SJW. ReignMan, why do you think the party is SJW? They don't hate white men or parade the streets for social justice, etc. They are just a good left wing party.

Here in Canada, I like the Green Party because Elizabeth May is a bad ass  ;D  I was seriously considering putting my vote into the Greens last election because all of the leaders didn't really do it for me. Elizabeth May was by far the best leader last election. Her drunk speech was awesome.

Most of the Bernie Bros and Hillary haters are extreme left and SJWs and most of them either voted for Jill Stein or stayed home.

Jill Stein is and will never be a good candidate. You can read this article as for why I think this way:
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/8/6/1557554/-Twelve-Reasons-NOT-to-Vote-for-Jill-Stein-Ajamu-Baraka

The Green Party of the US is NOT a "good left wing party". Heck, if I ever vote third party (which will probably NEVER happen)....I would vote for a Libertarian over a Green.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/25/17 at 11:17 pm

Most of the Bernie Bros and Hillary haters are extreme left and SJWs and most of them either voted for Jill Stein or stayed home.

Jill Stein is and will never be a good candidate. You can read this article as for why I think this way:
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/8/6/1557554/-Twelve-Reasons-NOT-to-Vote-for-Jill-Stein-Ajamu-Baraka

The Green Party of the US is NOT a "good left wing party". Heck, if I ever vote third party (which will probably NEVER happen)....I would vote for a Libertarian over a Green.

No, I am a Bernie/Jill supporter and I am NOT an SJW. I also dislike Hilary Clinton and dislike Trump. So please don't generalize. And fyi, SJW is for social issues, not economics. I am very left wing economically (socialism) but not that left socially. I accept everyone but I'm not and SJW. The Green party is great. The only good party your country has...

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 11:20 pm

No, I am a Bernie/Jill supporter and I am NOT an SJW. I also dislike Hilary Clinton and dislike Trump. So please don't generalize. And fyi, SJW is for social issues, not economics. I am very left wing economically (socialism) but not that left socially. I accept everyone but I'm not and SJW. The Green party is great. The only good party your country has...

I said "most" (which is accurate)....I'm not generalizing. The fact that you don't like Hillary also proves my point.

Also, in NO WAY is the Green Party...."The only good party your country has..." ;D ;D ;D. That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard in a long time.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/25/17 at 11:23 pm

I said "most" (which is accurate)....I'm not generalizing. The fact that you don't like Hillary also proves my point.

Also, in NO WAY is the Green Party...."The only good party your country has..." ;D ;D ;D. That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard in a long time.

Hilary Clinton is corrupt. Most people realize that.

It actually is the only decent party you have. The big 2 are both corrupt, Libertarian Party is bad (say goodbye to even the little social services the U.S. has), Green Party is the only good one left unless Bernie was the leader for the democrats. A Bernie-Stein coalition party would be awesome.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 11:29 pm

Hilary Clinton is corrupt. Most people realize that.

It actually is the only decent party you have. The big 2 are both corrupt, Libertarian Party is bad (say goodbye to even the little social services the U.S. has), Green Party is the only good one left unless Bernie was the leader for the democrats. A Bernie-Stein coalition party would be awesome.

Hillary is not corrupt and most people who believe in false conspiracies think that way.

The Green Party is absolutely NOT the "only good one left". Bernie was and still is NOT a Democrat....he's an Independent. A Bernie-Stein coalition would be the end of the US as we know it.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/25/17 at 11:33 pm

Hillary is not corrupt and most people who believe in false conspiracies think that way.

The Green Party is absolutely NOT the "only good one left". Bernie was and still is NOT a Democrat....he's an Independent. A Bernie-Stein coalition would be the end of the US as we know it.

Anyone who knows the facts knows that. What false conspiracies are you talking about? Okay Bernie wasn't a democrat, which is a GOOD thing! He's his own person in an independent party which is even better. And a Bernie-Stein coalition would actually fix the U.S. It would no longer be the worst country in the western world. I would even love the U.S. if that were to happen, Green Party rules, plain and simple.

Written By: 2001 on 05/25/17 at 11:37 pm

What she did there was a backtrack on this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/29/jill-stein-on-vaccines-people-have-real-questions/?utm_term=.b3b279c78876

You can hear it yourself, she name-drops and winks at like 4 different conspiracy theories in the span of two minutes. ;D Monsanto, medical-industrial complex, "mercury in vaccines" (true that it was phased, but there's no proof it causes autism, the common conspiracy), oestrogen not helping for Alzheimer's (not true and dangerous conspiracy theory to be spreading) etc.

LOL I love Elizabeth May, her drunken stupor was amazing.. ;D Green Party of Canada and the Green Party of US and most other countries are completely different though. In the US/Europe/Australia, Green Parties are the left-most left parties, even more left than the traditional social democratic parties. That's not the case with the GPC, they're to the right of our social democrats (NDP). They're very moderate compared to most global Greens. I mean, the BC Greens want to make a coalition with Christy Clark instead of the NDP, that says everything lol.  Ontario has the right-wing most Green Party in the world, they openly call themselves eco-capitalists. :o They want to abolish income tax and corporate tax and replace it with carbon tax, land tax, road tolls (by privatizing roads), and other resources taxes.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/25/17 at 11:51 pm

Anyone who knows the facts knows that. What false conspiracies are you talking about? Okay Bernie wasn't a democrat, which is a GOOD thing! He's his own person in an independent party which is even better. And a Bernie-Stein coalition would actually fix the U.S. It would no longer be the worst country in the western world. I would even love the U.S. if that were to happen, Green Party rules, plain and simple.

"Anyone who know the facts knows that" = false conspiracies created by Russia, Wikileaks, both left and right wing sources that hated her....please. Your "Hillary is the Anti-Christ" schtick isn't going to work with me.

Bernie rightfully should have NEVER meddled in the affairs of the Democratic Party.

It would be virtually impossible for a Bernie-Stein ticket to win in the first place. Even if they win...do you seriously think that the Republicans and most of the Democrats in Congress will work with a President Bernie/VP Stein or President Stein/VP Sanders?.....absolutely not. Also, most of their policies (if they are magically able to get them passed) would be too far left wing and would not be beneficial to the US in the long run.

The Green Party should work on being more left than the Dems but not so crazy and also instead of having Stein randomly run for Prez every 4 years...why not try and build the party from the ground up? (I still wouldn't vote Green but that's better for them than the nonsense they are going on with currently).

Written By: Slim95 on 05/26/17 at 12:03 am

What she did there was a backtrack on this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/29/jill-stein-on-vaccines-people-have-real-questions/?utm_term=.b3b279c78876

You can hear it yourself, she name-drops and winks at like 4 different conspiracy theories in the span of two minutes. ;D Monsanto, medical-industrial complex, "mercury in vaccines" (true that it was phased, but there's no proof it causes autism, the common conspiracy), oestrogen not helping for Alzheimer's (not true and dangerous conspiracy theory to be spreading) etc.

I still like her the most and I would have voted for her if I were American, no question about it.

LOL I love Elizabeth May, her drunken stupor was amazing.. ;D Green Party of Canada and the Green Party of US and most other countries are completely different though. In the US/Europe/Australia, Green Parties are the left-most left parties, even more left than the traditional social democratic parties. That's not the case with the GPC, they're to the right of our social democrats (NDP). They're very moderate compared to most global Greens. I mean, the BC Greens want to make a coalition with Christy Clark instead of the NDP, that says everything lol.  Ontario has the right-wing most Green Party in the world, they openly call themselves eco-capitalists. :o They want to abolish income tax and corporate tax and replace it with carbon tax, land tax, road tolls (by privatizing roads), and other resources taxes.

No they aren't.  ??? Green Party in Canada is the left-most party, way more left wing than the NDP. Canada Green Party is even wayyy more left wing than U.S. Green Party because naturally all western countries are more left than the U.S. It is the same as Green Party in other places in the globe. They aren't moderates. Nobody votes for them because they are too far left. NDP is much more centrist than the greens, they are like centre-left and Green Party is far left. Here is an illustration that proves this.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Spectrum_of_Political_Parties_in_Canada_%28Greens%2C_NDP%2C_Liberals%2C_Conservatives%29.jpg/220px-Spectrum_of_Political_Parties_in_Canada_%28Greens%2C_NDP%2C_Liberals%2C_Conservatives%29.jpg
You are talking about provincial politics which is completely different from federal. BC and Ontario the Greens aren't as left but that's different. Every province has their own thing and the Greens in the provinces aren't the same federally. Federally they are very left wing and always have been. But Elizabeth May is a cool leader. It's too bad she has only one seat.  :(

Written By: Slim95 on 05/26/17 at 12:05 am

"Anyone who know the facts knows that" = false conspiracies created by Russia, Wikileaks, both left and right wing sources that hated her....please. Your "Hillary is the Anti-Christ" schtick isn't going to work with me.

Bernie rightfully should have NEVER meddled in the affairs of the Democratic Party.

It would be virtually impossible for a Bernie-Stein ticket to win in the first place. Even if they win...do you seriously think that the Republicans and most of the Democrats in Congress will work with a President Bernie/VP Stein or President Stein/VP Sanders?.....absolutely not. Also, most of their policies (if they are magically able to get them passed) would be too far left wing and would not be beneficial to the US in the long run.

The Green Party should work on being more left than the Dems but not so crazy and also instead of having Stein randomly run for Prez every 4 years...why not try and build the party from the ground up? (I still wouldn't vote Green but that's better for them than the nonsense they are going on with currently).

I will agree to disagree with you on this. But Hilary Clinton is corrupt and there is no conspiracy about this. However, I am not like right wing loons who think she is the only corrupt politician. All politicians from both the republican and democrat side are corrupt. Many people from the right overblow it with her probably because she is a woman. I would still never trust the Clintons.

Written By: John Titor on 12/12/18 at 12:51 pm

Check for new replies or respond here...