inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Six Feet Under

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/12/17 at 10:26 am

People here tend to overlook how this series was pretty much quintessential early 2000s. Especially the subplots involving Claire, the rebellious teenage daughter.
It's hard to explain, you have to watch it to get a feel of how dated it might seem in some respects.

Subject: Re: Six Feet Under

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/12/17 at 6:19 pm

The whole series just screams of vibes from the early and mid 2000s. It used to run with Oz, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sex and the City, and many other HBO shows before 2005. I remember looking at the intro when I was 6, where it was just fascinating to listen to it. It gives me massive nostalgia whenever I hear it honestly. But sadly, I never got into the show. So... I think it was just okay.

Fun fact: Michael C. Hall (who also played Dexter Morgan in Dexter) played as David Fisher.

Subject: Re: Six Feet Under

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/13/17 at 10:47 am

The whole series just screams of vibes from the early and mid 2000s. It used to run with Oz, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sex and the City, and many other HBO shows before 2005. I remember looking at the intro when I was 6, where it was just fascinating to listen to it. It gives me massive nostalgia whenever I hear it honestly. But sadly, I never got into the show. So... I think it was just okay.

Fun fact: Michael C. Hall (who also played Dexter Morgan in Dexter) played as David Fisher.

It's actually a very impactful (emotionally speaking) show with a lot of humor to compensate for the abundance of dramatic moments.
Dexter is another of my all-time TV faves, and I highly respect Hall as an actor, that man's got chops.

Check for new replies or respond here...