inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Weakest Link!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/19/17 at 12:53 am

I don't see this show being discussed often as some others, so did anyone watch it? I certainly did, and it was a pretty fun game show. I have to say that the host had the most memorable line to the failed contestants: "You are the weakest link. Goodbye." ;D

Subject: Re: The Weakest Link!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/19/17 at 1:03 am

The Weakest Link was one of my favorite game shows growing up. Is it still on?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/19/17 at 1:06 am

The Weakest Link was one of my favorite game shows growing up. Is it still on?
So was mine. :D Oh, and I don't think so. I believe it ended over a decade ago.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/19/17 at 1:08 am

So was mine. :D Oh, and I don't think so. I believe it ended over a decade ago.

They should bring it BACK!!!! :D.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/19/17 at 1:12 am

They should bring it BACK!!!! :D.
I know!!!!!!!!!! :D

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/19/17 at 1:46 am

I don't see this show being discussed often as some others, so did anyone watch it? I certainly did, and it was a pretty fun game show. I have to say that the host had the most memorable line to the failed contestants: "You are the weakest link. Goodbye." ;D

Game shows were fun to watch! I was more partial to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire though. I didn't like the woman who hosted Weakest Link, she was mean.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/17 at 2:23 am

The show has stopped being recorded some while back.

I didn't like the woman who hosted Weakest Link, she was mean.
The name you seek is Anne Robinson.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/17 at 5:12 am

The show has stopped being recorded some while back. The name you seek is Anne Robinson.

What's she doing these days?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/19/17 at 9:07 pm

Game shows were fun to watch! I was more partial to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire though. I didn't like the woman who hosted Weakest Link, she was mean.
Oh, yeah they were! I think I also watched Who Wants To Be A Millionaire as well along with Wheel of Fortune, Jeprody and Price is Right.

Yeah, I remember her being mean to some of the contestants. That iconic line is funny though ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/17 at 1:18 am

What's she doing these days?
Last year, she presented Anne Robinson's Britain for BBC One. The series consisted of three episodes each focusing on different aspects of British life. Episode one was centered in parenting, episode two on the nation's love of pets in particularly cats and dogs and the final episode focused on the nation's fixation with how they look.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/21/17 at 12:43 pm

I have a funny feeling game shows like weakest link, who wants to be a millionaire etc. were better in the 2000's. I think they felt more dramatic and serious.

Written By: nally on 06/21/17 at 4:41 pm

In the U.S. it was a popular show on NBC in the early 2000s. I didn't start watching it until GSN started airing the episodes, which was in 2003 or so.

The top dollar value in the U.S. version was $125,000, meaning that if all eight contestants gave consecutive correct answers, that would be a perfect round. So the top prize was $1million. However, most contestants did the wise thing and banked money before a difficult question could be asked.

Written By: nally on 06/21/17 at 4:46 pm

I had never seen a perfect round on the show before, but I just found a video clip with one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQL_w7JSxCQ

Written By: mqg96 on 06/21/17 at 9:58 pm

When I first looked at this thread I didn't even know the title of it was the name of a game show, then I researched it then I instantly remembered what it was! I thought this was a joke thread at first lol.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/21/17 at 10:16 pm

When I first looked at this thread I didn't even know the title of it was the name of a game show, then I researched it then I instantly remembered what it was! I thought this was a joke thread at first lol.

I originally thought that this was a joke thread as well but then 5 seconds later...I remembered that it was also the name of a game show. So I clicked to see if it was about the game show or just a joke thread ;D.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/21/17 at 10:21 pm

She reminds me of Judge Judy except less cutting with her words.  :(

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/04/17 at 2:23 pm

I originally thought that this was a joke thread as well but then 5 seconds later...I remembered that it was also the name of a game show. So I clicked to see if it was about the game show or just a joke thread ;D.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well you guys were almost tricked ;)

She reminds me of Judge Judy except less cutting with her words.  :(
I think it has to do with her tone.

I had never seen a perfect round on the show before, but I just found a video clip with one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQL_w7JSxCQ
Same here. Yeah,  it was difficult for people to get a perfect round.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/04/17 at 2:25 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well you guys were almost tricked ;)

Yep ;).

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/17 at 10:11 pm

I used to enjoy the celebrity editions of the show.

Written By: nally on 07/07/17 at 11:09 pm

I used to enjoy the celebrity editions of the show.

I remember watching one such episode of the U.S. version; I think it featured classic TV stars. I forget who won though.

Check for new replies or respond here...