inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No longer needed

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/30/17 at 10:57 am

Empty.

Subject: Re: 2000s - Peak of African American Adolescent Entertainment?

Written By: Looney Toon on 06/30/17 at 11:48 am

I'd say the peak began sometime around the 1990s-2000s. In the 2010s I swear there is too much racial tension. Although then again anything that has to deal with race, age, nationality, gender, and sexual preference seems to cause a bit of tension between folks. Late 1980s to 2000s seemed like the peak era to me.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/30/17 at 12:49 pm

I'd say the peak began sometime around the 1990s-2000s. In the 2010s I swear there is too much racial tension. Although then again anything that has to deal with race, age, nationality, gender, and sexual preference seems to cause a bit of tension between folks. Late 1980s to 2000s seemed like the peak era to me.

Honestly, just reading that makes me feel ashamed of being a 2010s teen. There's just a lot of tensions between races that it makes people look like fools. Not to mention that it excuses the Alt-Right to spread their propaganda to white people, so they could regress the world into a 1950s-esque dystopia where segregation should be acceptable.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/17 at 2:05 pm

Honestly, just reading that makes me feel ashamed of being a 2010s teen. There's just a lot of tensions between races that it makes people look like fools. Not to mention that it excuses the Alt-Right to spread their propaganda to white people, so they could regress the world into a 1950s-esque dystopia where segregation should be acceptable.

Many '60s teens aren't ashamed of being a '60s teen just because there was a lot of racial tension and conflicts then (Vietnam War and the protests against it). You shouldn't be ashamed to be a 2010s teen.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/30/17 at 7:00 pm

Many '60s teens aren't ashamed of being a '60s teen just because there was a lot of racial tension and conflicts then (Vietnam War and the protests against it). You shouldn't be ashamed to be a 2010s teen.

I could understand about that. However, the 1960s didn't have so many shootings that happened every week and it didn't have an illegitimate president running the U.S.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/17 at 7:54 pm

I could understand about that. However, the 1960s didn't have so many shootings that happened every week and it didn't have an illegitimate president running the U.S.

Mass shootings happened in the 1960s. Also, the 1960 Presidential election was very controversial and close with Nixon vs JFK. Some people feel that JFK won because of the illegitimate votes of thousands of dead Black people in Illinois (look it up). I'm not saying that the conspiracy is true but the 1960s were certainly not an innocent time for American politics.

Subject: Re: No longer needed

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/30/17 at 8:00 pm

Alright. Just go my internet back.

I realized I made a mistake with this topic since I can see it may be hard to understand. I'm just going to remake the topic, 2000s - African American Adolescent Culture Discussion. Also, thank you for the effort, Looney Toon, Sir Rothchild and ReignMan.

Mods delete this.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/17 at 8:06 pm

Alright. Just go my internet back.

I realized I made a mistake with this topic since I can see it may be hard to understand. I'm just going to remake the topic, 2000s - African American Adolescent Culture Discussion. Also, thank you for the effort, Looney Toon, Sir Rothchild and ReignMan.

Mods delete this.

You can lock this thread too.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/30/17 at 8:08 pm

You can lock this thread too.

I can do that?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/17 at 8:16 pm

I can do that?

Yeah you can.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/17 at 8:25 pm

I can do that?
Yes, look for the link at the bottom left of the webpage for this topic.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/30/17 at 8:56 pm

Mass shootings happened in the 1960s.

Yeah, but they didn't happen nonstop. The worst things that happened infamously with guns in the 1960s were JFK and Martin Luther King Jr's assassinations in 1963 and 1968. The worst mass shooting that happened infamously in this decade was the Orlando nightclub shooting last year, which killed almost 50 people. It was also proclaimed as the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Also, the 1960 Presidential election was very controversial and close with Nixon vs JFK. Some people feel that JFK won because of the illegitimate votes of thousands of dead Black people in Illinois (look it up). I'm not saying that the conspiracy is true but the 1960s were certainly not an innocent time for American politics.

Even though the 1960s were f*cked up in terms of political events (which pretty much every decade is known for), it at least had some decency in terms of popular culture. I can't really get into pop culture ever since people start getting upset over Trump's presidency and spam it all over the Internet. It's really sad since I don't want to do the same thing, as I was raised by liberals.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/17 at 9:06 pm

Yeah, but they didn't happen nonstop. The worst things that happened infamously with guns in the 1960s were JFK and Martin Luther King Jr's assassinations in 1963 and 1968. The worst mass shooting that happened infamously in this decade was the Orlando nightclub shooting last year, which killed almost 50 people. It was also proclaimed as the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.....

Even though the 1960s were f*cked up in terms of political events (which pretty much every decade is known for), it at least had some decency in terms of popular culture. I can't really get into pop culture ever since people start getting upset over Trump's presidency and spam it all over the Internet. It's really sad since I don't want to do the same thing, as I was raised by liberals.

Fair enough. I still don't think that you should be ashamed to be a 2010s teen though.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/30/17 at 9:47 pm

Fair enough. I still don't think that you should be ashamed to be a 2010s teen though.

Well, personally I wouldn't be proud of it. It was getting good for me since last year, but it's not as great as my childhood.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/17 at 10:02 pm

Well, personally I wouldn't be proud of it. It was getting good for me since last year, but it's not as great as my childhood.

You don't have to be "proud" of it. Just don't be ashamed....that's all I'm saying.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/30/17 at 10:50 pm

You don't have to be "proud" of it. Just don't be ashamed....that's all I'm saying.

Yeah, but the problem is that there anything in the present that I could enjoy. Because of that, I try to find things from the 2000s that I could be nostalgic of. But there's barely anything from the 2000s that I could be nostalgic of, aside from my DVD collection.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/17 at 10:56 pm

Yeah, but the problem is that there anything in the present that I could enjoy. Because of that, I try to find things from the 2000s that I could be nostalgic of. But there's barely anything from the 2000s that I could be nostalgic of, aside from my DVD collection.

Well, that sounds like a personal problem....:P.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/30/17 at 11:45 pm

Well, that sounds like a personal problem....:P.

Frankly, I just said that because I was a little bit freaked out last night. Honestly, I could just watch Youtube videos to pass the time.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/01/17 at 1:37 am

Frankly, I just said that because I was a little bit freaked out last night. Honestly, I could just watch Youtube videos to pass the time.

OK....I didn't know that you freaked out :(.

Check for new replies or respond here...