inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Ogrish?

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/04/17 at 3:49 pm

It was an extremely graphic site that gained notoriety for posting exclusive footage and photos from the Iraq War. But it also contained photos and videos from crime scenes, homicides, suicides, executions, etc.
Apparently, most Internet junkies are aware of the site. It was just as notorious, if not more so than, 4chan back in its day.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Ogrish?

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/04/17 at 3:50 pm

It was active from 2000 to late 2006.

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/04/17 at 5:13 pm

Glad it was one of the old internet things I missed out on. I can't stand 4chan so something even worse is a no-no for me.

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/04/17 at 11:14 pm

It was active from 2000 to late 2006.

So the lifespan of Ogrish.com mirrored the lifespan of the "classic 2000s"?

Hmm, really makes you think.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/04/17 at 11:36 pm

I havent logged in there in awhile,might login tonight....

EDIT:

Im logged in,scanning the bases for new activitiy since my last visit (4/26/17)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/04/17 at 11:47 pm

Yeah, that site was just as creepy as Rotten. Never again! >:(

Oh, come on, Zelek. Now you're really reaching. ::)

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/05/17 at 12:17 am

Oh, come on, Zelek. Now you're really reaching. ::)

I wasn't saying anything about early 2000s. I was talking about "classic 2000s", my man. Classic 2000s is a melding of the early and mid 2000s I believe.

2000-2006 is usually considered the "classic 2000s" while 2006-2009 is considered the "modern 2000s". You could argue that 2000-2003 was the good part of the classic 2000s and 2003-2006 was the suckish part, if you want.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/05/17 at 8:00 am

I wasn't saying anything about early 2000s. I was talking about "classic 2000s", my man. Classic 2000s is a melding of the early and mid 2000s I believe.

2000-2006 is usually considered the "classic 2000s" while 2006-2009 is considered the "modern 2000s". You could argue that 2000-2003 was the good part of the classic 2000s and 2003-2006 was the suckish part, if you want.

2000-2002 is the only good part of the 00's. :P

Written By: Dude111 on 07/05/17 at 12:45 pm

Well when I logged on last night there wasnt too much I replied to......

I have a couple 'ABC' game threads on the watercooler base and I added a reply to one that had new activity...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/06/17 at 7:38 am

Are you sure you're talking about the same Ogrish?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/06/17 at 11:32 am

Yup I think (VBB site)

Written By: Howard on 07/06/17 at 2:50 pm

It was an extremely graphic site that gained notoriety for posting exclusive footage and photos from the Iraq War. But it also contained photos and videos from crime scenes, homicides, suicides, executions, etc.
Apparently, most Internet junkies are aware of the site. It was just as notorious, if not more so than, 4chan back in its day.

I haven't seen that in quite a while and god damn that site is so gruesome! 8-P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/09/17 at 11:05 am

Yup I think (VBB site)

No, it was the gore site.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/17 at 12:33 pm

anyone remember Rotten? This site has been on the net for over 20 years now.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/09/17 at 2:03 pm

Zelek, no one really gives a sheesh about your "classic 2000s" theory anymore. It's really stupid.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/09/17 at 4:29 pm

anyone remember Rotten? This site has been on the net for over 20 years now.

Yes... That scared the living sh!t outta me when I first saw it...

Written By: Dude111 on 07/09/17 at 5:31 pm

No, it was the gore site.

Oh my Im sorry Jordon..... Ya mean it wasnt ogrishforum.com?? (Thats the VBB site (Its alot like this site (Message bases)))

Written By: JordanK1982 on 07/10/17 at 10:22 am

Oh my Im sorry Jordon..... Ya mean it wasnt ogrishforum.com?? (Thats the VBB site (Its alot like this site (Message bases)))

Nope. It used to be ogrish.com before it went offline. Was a gore site with lots of disturbing photos and videos.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/10/17 at 10:59 am

I think there is an Ogrishforum, it was specifically built to archive content from Ogrish in case Ogrish shut down. And it did shut down back in '06 or '07, for the worse or the better. I'm pretty sure Ogrish became Liveleak, and the vast majority of you should be well aware of Liveleak, its assets and its controversies.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/10/17 at 2:11 pm

You can still access Ogrish through the Internet Wayback Machine.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/17 at 3:33 pm

Yes... That scared the living sh!t outta me when I first saw it...

it did the same to me too! :o

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/11/17 at 5:42 pm

I think there is an Ogrishforum, it was specifically built to archive content from Ogrish in case Ogrish shut down. And it did shut down back in '06 or '07, for the worse or the better. I'm pretty sure Ogrish became Liveleak, and the vast majority of you should be well aware of Liveleak, its assets and its controversies.

I just looked at Liveleak and the majority of it is basically a regurgitated version of YouTube's /pol/ community.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/18/17 at 10:56 pm

Would you support an all-out federal ban on websites like Ogrish, a ban funded and promoted by religious and "family-values" institutions?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/19/17 at 12:32 am

Well the thing about ogrishforum is ITS A FREE SPEECH SITE... Anything can be discussed and I think its contained well........ You cant see the bases unless you login so NO ONE IS SUBJECTED TO THAT unless they purposely login..........

I dunno........

I posted another game thread on the watercooler there the other day trying to get some GOOD threads going :)

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/19/17 at 12:41 am

Well the thing about ogrishforum is ITS A FREE SPEECH SITE... Anything can be discussed and I think its contained well........ You cant see the bases unless you login so NO ONE IS SUBJECTED TO THAT unless they purposely login..........

I dunno........

I posted another game thread on the watercooler there the other day trying to get some GOOD threads going :)

You're right, it *is* contained. I think the moral panic, regarding these sites, is somewhat uncalled for. Most people are unaware of them, but a handful of pretentious 60-something professionals crying and screaming about them will only draw MORE attention to the topic. The FBI has bigger fish to fry rn, as does the NSA.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/19/17 at 12:52 am

I would not want to see these sites go, but that's just me speaking from a personal standpoint. I hae been lurking on what you would call the "gore community" for 3 years, on sites like BestGore and DocumentingReality. These days (as in the past month or so), I try to refrain from going on those sites but what are you gonna do?
The point is, I don't see bans and mass censorship as conducive to keeping the masses *away* from those dark alleys of the web when most people aren't aware of the dark alleys of the web. Ogrish, the site (not the forum), has been shut down for 11 years now. Ask a stranger on the street, have you heard of Bestgore.com? 90% chance, you'll get a no. It depends on the age, demographic, etc.
And federally-mandated bans on sites, that advocate for freedom of speech, would only further fuel distrust in authority and government. The gov repeatedly makes it clear that they want to win the public's trust back... well, earn it back.

Check for new replies or respond here...