inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dangerously In Love - Beyonce

Written By: Brian06 on 07/23/17 at 12:01 am

This was such a great album, these were the good old days I really miss now.  :\'( :\'( :\'( Thinking back to being 16 or 17 and listening to these songs just fills me with nostalgia.  :) Listening to these old favorites helps me try and think positive.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S37SGxZSMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucz_pm3LX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZuJ_OHBN78

Subject: Re: Dangerously In Love - Beyonce

Written By: mqg96 on 07/23/17 at 12:23 am

Not DRUNK IN LOVE!  ;D

Just to make that clear!

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/23/17 at 5:05 pm

This was Beyoncé's peak, 03-early 04 back when she was innocent.

Written By: Ripley on 07/24/17 at 10:16 am

I love this album!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 10:29 am

This was Beyoncé's peak, 03-early 04 back when she was innocent.

Nah, her peak was the album I Am... Sasha Fierce (2008).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 10:36 am

Anyways, Dangerously in Love came out when I was about 4 and this was the album that made me realise that I was definitely heterosexual (even though I didn't know anything about sexuality) ;D.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/24/17 at 11:16 am

Nah, her peak was the album I Am... Sasha Fierce (2008).

I strongly disagree. Her peak was easily Dangerously In Love. I'll rephrase that. Her peak begin with Dangerously In Love and maybe extended to 2008. But to say Dangerously In Love wasn't her peak? Nah.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 11:51 am

I strongly disagree. Her peak was easily Dangerously In Love. I'll rephrase that. Her peak begin with Dangerously In Love and maybe extended to 2008. But to say Dangerously In Love wasn't her peak? Nah.

How can her peak be when she just started her solo career? ??? That makes no sense. I Am... Sasha Fierce was her peak. Literally everyone in the world knows of "Single Ladies". Also, the album was so huge that she took a 3 year break and didn't release another album until 4 in 2011 and changed her musical style.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/24/17 at 5:07 pm

How can her peak be when she just started her solo career? ??? That makes no sense. I Am... Sasha Fierce was her peak. Literally everyone in the world knows of "Single Ladies". Also, the album was so huge that she took a 3 year break and didn't release another album until 4 in 2011 and changed her musical style.

A peak is not about popularity, man. A peak occurs during the debut of an artist because its their first moment, introduction. Its like the start of an relationship. In its early phase, the charm is addictive, then suddenly not the same. Sometimes it restores and most of the time, not so much. Its a phenomenon.

I won't claim I Am Sasha Fierce wasn't her peak. Just, so was Dangerously In Love.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:11 pm

A peak is not about popularity, man. A peak occurs during the debut of an artist because its their first moment, introduction. Its like the start of an relationship. In its early phase, the charm is addictive, then suddenly not the same. Sometimes it restores and most of the time, not so much. Its a phenomenon.

I won't claim I Am Sasha Fierce wasn't her peak. Just, so was Dangerously In Love.

What? ??? Unless Beyonce is a one hit wonder then her peak can't be when see first debuted and became famous.

I Am... Sasha Fierce literally became a phenomenon. "Single Ladies" was everywhere in 2008 and 2009.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/24/17 at 5:12 pm

What? ??? Unless Beyonce is a one hit wonder then her peak can't be when see first debuted and became famous.

I Am... Sasha Fierce literally became a phenomenon. "Single Ladies" was everywhere in 2008 and 2009.

Of course so was "Crazy In Love" back in 2003.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 5:13 pm

Could not stop hearing about her in 2003/2004. They still play Crazy In Love on the radio all the time. Her impact!

Subject: Re: Dangerously In Lo6ve - Beyonce

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:16 pm

Of course so was "Crazy In Love" back in 2003.

Could not stop hearing about her in 2003/2004. They still play Crazy In Love on the radio all the time. Her impact!

That is true but do you guys consider "Crazy in Love" to be her peak?

Written By: Brian06 on 07/24/17 at 5:22 pm

That is true but do you guys consider "Crazy in Love" to be her peak?

Yeah not necessarily, that era is just my personal favorite, but maybe you are right about her actual popularity peak. B'Day was massive too though actually with "Irreplaceable" that was very very big at that time. I guess it's actually kinda hard to identify a popularity peak with such a huge artist like Beyonce who has had several massive hits. I would actually just say the whole 2003-2010 period, though she's still big in the '10s too but probably a bit less so now and she was huge in DC before that but maybe not as well known as she became when she went solo.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:25 pm

Yeah not necessarily, that era is just my personal favorite, but maybe you are right about her actual popularity peak. B'Day was massive too though actually with "Irreplaceable" that was very very big at that time. I guess it's actually kinda hard to identify a popularity peak with such a huge artist like Beyonce who has had several massive hits. I would actually just say the whole 2003-2010 period, though she's still big in the '10s too but probably a bit less so now and she was huge in DC before that but maybe not as well known as she became when she went solo.

Beyonce was more popular from 2003-2008 than 2011-present. However, if I have to choose one album in which she was at the absolute top of her career then I Am... Sasha Fierce is that choice for me.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/24/17 at 5:43 pm

I said her peak begin with Dangerously In Love and maybe extended to I Am Sasha Fierce. What I really mean by debut now is, its a length, extensive debut and temporary establishment. Peaks can actually last up to 6 years of an artist now that I look at some of my favorites.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 8:13 pm

Beyonce was more popular from 2003-2008 than 2011-present. However, if I have to choose one album in which she was at the absolute top of her career then I Am... Sasha Fierce is that choice for me.

I actually like her latest albums than her earlier work. Her early work was definitely more fun and light-hearted though. :D

I'm going to give the edge to Self-titled over Lemonade. The latter has a lack of 'fun'/danceable beats (with the exception of Formation), while Self-titled has a good balance of fun/light-hearted tracks and meaningful tracks.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/24/17 at 8:17 pm

She definitely did not peak with this first album. It was a fun album though!  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...