inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is you favorite Disney Channel era?

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/24/17 at 2:55 am

Yes I know some people thought this channel was fruity or terrible, but a lot of other people here seem to have nostalgia for it here. While their live-action shows could be considered fruity/girly, there were some shows (mostly cartoons) I loved on there like Dave the Barbarian, with its Monty Python-type humor.

Nick and CN already have era polls so I thought, why not do the third of the Big Three? Choose wisely. I'm mostly going by the style of bumpers here to split up the eras, if that works.

Subject: Re: What is you favorite Disney Channel era?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 8:41 am

Zelek3, by fruity...do you mean gay? ???

Also, Disney Channel didn't introduce the "Ribbon logo" until May 2010 not January 2007.

Obviously, my favorite era of Disney Channel would have to be from 2002-2007 (Bouncing Logo Era). That was my childhood era of Disney Channel. 97% of my favorite DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies) come from this time period and my favorite Disney Channel shows aired during this era (Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, The Proud Family, Kim Possible, That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Hannah Montana (the earlier seasons), etc). The nostalgia from those Disney Channel years are immense.

I did also like Disney Channel from 2007-2009 but after that is when Disney Channel fell off for me and I didn't care about it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/24/17 at 11:21 am

I voted for the Zoog era. I remember still liking the network that faded by 2005 though.

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/24/17 at 12:32 pm

Zelek3, by fruity...do you mean gay? ???

No, I mean dumb.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 12:42 pm

No, I mean dumb.

Well, that's new. I've never seen someone use the word "fruity" to mean dumb. Eh...whatever.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/17 at 2:38 pm

The Premium Era

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 2:43 pm

The Premium Era

That's because you're old. Barely anyone cared for Disney Channel during that time, lol :P.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/17 at 3:13 pm

That's because you're old. Barely anyone cared for Disney Channel during that time, lol :P.

I'm not that old! >:(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 3:18 pm

I'm not that old! >:(

But you're still old ;).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/24/17 at 4:07 pm

Well, I must be old too because I love me some early and mid '90s Disney Channel.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 4:23 pm

Well, I must be old too because I love me some early and mid '90s Disney Channel.

Why? I have seen stuff from that era and nothing about that time of Disney Channel appeals to me. The ratings also prove that hardly anyone paid attention to Disney Channel then. There's a reason why they had to rebrand the channel completely change the formula of what they showed. If they didn't Disney Channel would have died in the early 2000s.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/24/17 at 4:31 pm

Why? I have seen stuff from that era and nothing about that time of Disney Channel appeals to me. The ratings also prove that hardly anyone paid attention to Disney Channel then. There's a reason why they had to rebrand the channel completely change the formula of what they showed. If they didn't Disney Channel would have died in the early 2000s.

Well, I'm not necessarily saying that early and mid '90s Disney Channel was better. Actually, to be honest, I prefer the Zoog Era of the late '90s, as that was when I was at my height of watching DC.

Probably the main reason I do like early and mid '90s DC is obviously nostalgia, like the fond memories of watching stuff like the Ink and Paint Club and Mickey's Mouse Tracks with my cousins back before we even had cable. Also, I like the fact that the DC still had a heavy focus on it's classic cartoons and movies, which has gone by the wayside recently.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 4:40 pm

Well, I'm not necessarily saying that early and mid '90s Disney Channel was better. Actually, to be honest, I prefer the Zoog Era of the late '90s, as that was when I was at my height of watching DC.

Probably the main reason I do like early and mid '90s DC is obviously nostalgia, like the fond memories of watching stuff like the Ink and Paint Club and Mickey's Mouse Tracks with my cousins back before we even had cable. Also, I like the fact that the DC still had a heavy focus on it's classic cartoons and movies, which has gone by the wayside recently.

OK, I understand. Also, I was more just asking why you like that time in Disney Channel history because I just couldn't see why but thanks for explaining.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 4:40 pm

1990s and early 2000s. I didn't get Disney Channel until 2014, though. The main Disney shows I like are their animated stuff such as Aladdin, DuckTales, Buzz Light Year, Hercules, Goof Troop, Timone and Pumba, Tarzan, House of Mouse, Little Mermaid etc. and shows like that. I watched a lot of those growing up.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/24/17 at 4:42 pm

I actually mainly watched Disney in the early-mid '90s. I remember this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disney_Afternoon

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 4:45 pm

1990s and early 2000s. I didn't get Disney Channel until 2014, though. The main Disney shows I like are their animated stuff such as Aladdin, DuckTales, Buzz Light Year, Hercules, Goof Troop, Timone and Pumba, Tarzan, House of Mouse, Little Mermaid etc. and shows like that. I watched a lot of those growing up.

Yeah, you like the Zoog Era (1997-2002) the best it seems based off of what you said.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/24/17 at 9:09 pm

I consider the 2002-2007 era to be my favorite. It really represented Disney Channel's golden age very well. 97% of my favorite Disney shows came from this era, including That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Pucca, Yin Yang Yo, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, and Dave The Barbarian. I could say that DCOMs were also great in this era, but I only cared about High School Musical as a kid. I never really got in them that much. I did watch Disney Channel regularly up until 2008, but I lost interest by then.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/24/17 at 9:17 pm

Zoog Era and the Bouncing Logo Era although I often stopped watching DC after 2003 to where it would become occasionally.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/25/17 at 7:35 am

I liked both the Zoog & Bouncing Logo Era. I guess if push comes to shove, I'll lean more towards the Bouncing Logo Era

Written By: PaperSkin on 07/25/17 at 8:27 pm

2002-2012 Omg I loved that era, I stopped watching when the last old shows Wizards and Suite Life ended in 2012 but otherwise I loved it. I loved Disney Channel 365 and their summer games where the disney channel stars came together. I loved Phil of the Future, Thats So Raven, The Replacements, American Dragon, Occasionally hannah Montanna and Lizzie Maguire, a show called Brandy and Mr Whiskers? And Even Stevens. I miss the old red button and Im not sure if they still do it but the express yourself thing. Oh and occasionally they did this thing where you vote what you got to watch and what brand new episodes you saw.

I also miss the old DCOM, I loved the Halloweentown series, Pixel Perfect, Lizzie Maguire the movie, Eddies Millionare Bake off, High School Musical and etc. I also loved the premiere nights they did for them, where they'd countdown to its premiere and show new episodes of things beforehand.

I loved their old website, especially playing the suite life of zack and cody game where you had to steal chocolate bars from Maddies coutner, and The Replacements game. I also played a lot of Club Penguin and a game called Toontown. I loved all things Disney during that era. I used to pretend to be one of those kids whp said "Im so and so and you're watching dismey channel" and i drew the ears with my remote control.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 9:42 pm

2002-2012 Omg I loved that era, I stopped watching when the last old shows Wizards and Suite Life ended in 2012 but otherwise I loved it. I loved Disney Channel 365 and their summer games where the disney channel stars came together. I loved Phil of the Future, Thats So Raven, The Replacements, American Dragon, Occasionally hannah Montanna and Lizzie Maguire, a show called Brandy and Mr Whiskers? And Even Stevens. I miss the old red button and Im not sure if they still do it but the express yourself thing. Oh and occasionally they did this thing where you vote what you got to watch and what brand new episodes you saw.

I also miss the old DCOM, I loved the Halloweentown series, Pixel Perfect, Lizzie Maguire the movie, Eddies Millionare Bake off, High School Musical and etc. I also loved the premiere nights they did for them, where they'd countdown to its premiere and show new episodes of things beforehand.

I loved their old website, especially playing the suite life of zack and cody game where you had to steal chocolate bars from Maddies coutner, and The Replacements game. I also played a lot of Club Penguin and a game called Toontown. I loved all things Disney during that era. I used to pretend to be one of those kids whp said "Im so and so and you're watching dismey channel" and i drew the ears with my remote control.

1. The Suite Life on Deck and the Suite Life "franchise" as a whole ended in 2011 not 2012.

2. I am pretty much the exact same as you except that I loved Disney Channel from 2002-2008 not until 2012. I continued to occasionally watch Disney Channel until 2011 and I stopped watching the channel completely (The Suite Life Movie was the last time). However, I didn't connect with Disney Channel from 2009-2011 as I did from 2002-2008.

3. I also loved Club Penguin and Toontown (RIP to both :\'().

4. Those Suite Life of Zack & Cody games were the BOMB! :D.

5. Brandy & Mr. Whiskers was an actual cartoon and it aired from 2004-2006.

BTW, when were you born?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 07/26/17 at 12:13 am

The last time I actually watched Disney channel was in 2011, as that was the year most of the 2000s shows seemed to end and got replaced by absolute crap! >:(

Written By: PaperSkin on 07/26/17 at 9:41 am

1. The Suite Life on Deck and the Suite Life "franchise" as a whole ended in 2011 not 2012.

2. I am pretty much the exact same as you except that I loved Disney Channel from 2002-2008 not until 2012. I continued to occasionally watch Disney Channel until 2011 and I stopped watching the channel completely (The Suite Life Movie was the last time). However, I didn't connect with Disney Channel from 2009-2011 as I did from 2002-2008.

3. I also loved Club Penguin and Toontown (RIP to both :\'().

4. Those Suite Life of Zack & Cody games were the BOMB! :D.

5. Brandy & Mr. Whiskers was an actual cartoon and it aired from 2004-2006.

BTW, when were you born?

No in the UK Wizards and Suite life ended in 2012, thats when most of the old shows ended for me. However i. The us it ended in 2011.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/26/17 at 10:48 am

No in the UK Wizards and Suite life ended in 2012, thats when most of the old shows ended for me. However i. The us it ended in 2011.

Well, I didn't know that you are from the UK. I'm from the US and both the Suite Life on Deck and the Suite Life "franchise" (with the The Suite Life Movie) came to an end in 2011. However, just like the UK....Wizards of Waverly Place ended in 2012 in the US.

BTW, you didn't answer my question....when were you born?

Subject: What is you favorite Disney Channel era?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/26/17 at 8:56 pm

I picked 1983-1997 - Premium Era

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 07/27/17 at 4:33 pm

Bouncing Logo. I used to watch That's So Raven, Even Stevens, So Weird, Cory in the House, Bug Juice, The Famous Jett Jackson, Flash Forward, Phil of the Future, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Zack & Cody, Hannah Montana, and so much more during that era. I also used to watch Playhouse Disney when I was 6 and 7 - did you know Clay was voiced by Debi Derryberry?

Written By: mqg96 on 07/29/17 at 5:42 pm

The only era I know and grew up with was 2002-2007, so it has to be that one, when That's So Raven ruled the network!

Written By: Slim95 on 08/02/17 at 11:49 pm

1997 - 2002 era was the best by far.

Check for new replies or respond here...