inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trump Making The Bush Era More Popular?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/26/17 at 12:29 pm

As seen while reading the other thread on this, does it seem like the extreme unpopularity of Trump is making the Bush years more popular with hindsight?

Honestly, I never thought I would see people pining for the 2005-2009 era particularly, with the Katrina disaster, Iraq and the economic collapse, but I'm actually noticing more and more people talking about how they miss George W. Bush now that Trump has taken office. Bush left office with around a 25% approval rating, but I wonder what it would be now?

Subject: Re: Trump Making The Bush Era More Popular?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 12:54 pm

That is true. However, I would mostly want to return to 2005-2009 because that was the core of my childhood.

I never thought that a President would become worse than Bush 43, lol.

Written By: #Infinity on 08/26/17 at 12:56 pm

I think the general consensus is that Dubya's presidency was still well below average and that the man was very rash and sloppy, but at least he tried, and, for the most part, expressed a kindness and reverence towards his country. Trump rivals stinkers like Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan in his terrifying leadership. Dubya is more just a general bad President.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 1:00 pm

I think the general consensus is that Dubya's presidency was still well below average and that the man was very rash and sloppy, but at least he tried, and, for the most part, expressed a kindness and reverence towards his country. Trump rivals stinkers like Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan in his terrifying leadership. Dubya is more just a general bad President.

THIS!!!^^^^

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/26/17 at 1:57 pm

That is true. However, I would mostly want to return to 2005-2009 because that was the core of my childhood.

Same. Although political wise, I would rather go to Obama's 1st term since he was really inspiring in his first two years to me.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 2:07 pm

Same. Although political wise, I would rather go to Obama's 1st term since he was really inspiring in his first four years to me.

Obama's first term was 2009-2013 and for most of that time I was in middle school and middle school was mostly "meh" for me. I wouldn't want to return to that time.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/26/17 at 2:16 pm

Obama's first term was 2009-2013 and for most of that time I was in middle school and middle school was mostly "meh" for me. I wouldn't want to return to that time.

I really meant 2009-2011, since I was actually happy during those years. By 2012, I was miserable and went through literally the worst year of my life. Hell, I even hated of how the United States went politically downhill during that time.  8-P

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/26/17 at 2:19 pm

I'm sick of liberals defending George W. Bush. He got us into a pointless war that killed millions.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 2:21 pm

I'm sick of liberals defending George W. Bush. He got us into a pointless war that killed millions.

I don't think that most liberals are "defending" Bush 43. Just go look at #Infinity's post.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 2:23 pm

I really meant 2009-2011, since I was actually happy during those years. By 2012, I was miserable and went through literally the worst year of my life. Hell, I even hated of how the United States went politically downhill during that time.  8-P

Late 2009-2011 was just OK. 2012 was bad for me except the Summer of 2012. 2013 was mostly horrible.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/26/17 at 2:31 pm

They actually don't defend him that much. They still hate him with a passion and they absolutely despise how he got America into the Iraq War as much as you do.

Late 2009-2011 was just OK. 2012 was bad for me except the Summer of 2012. 2013 was mostly horrible.

No offense, but don't even get me started on the summer of 2012. I literally couldn't stand being a 12 and a half year old with people yelling at me for no apparent reason. Even one of the counselors in my summer camp was a dick to me, while nobody (aside from the campers) actually defended me when I was being bullied by a prick kid with his friends.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 2:48 pm

No offense, but don't even get me started on the summer of 2012. I literally couldn't stand being a 12 and a half year old with people yelling at me for no apparent reason. Even one of the counselors in my summer camp was a dick to me, while nobody (aside from the campers) actually defended me when I was being bullied by a prick kid with his friends.

Um...OK. I was talking about myself not you or anybody else.

Written By: wixness on 08/26/17 at 2:55 pm

Trump demands obedience (hence all the firings), while Bush, IDK.

Written By: wixness on 08/26/17 at 2:56 pm

I don't like him because of how he started off various surveillance programs since 9/11. And yeah, that war kinda sucked as well - I don't understand it, but I believe that oil might have had something to do with it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/26/17 at 4:03 pm

Aside from the tragedies Bush caused, I'm all for it.

Give me more 2000s nostalgia.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/26/17 at 5:07 pm

Honestly I think my favorite era so far was 2001-2009 since I grew up in that era and because for some reason I haven't really liked this decade all that much.😀

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/26/17 at 5:25 pm

Um...OK. I was talking about myself not you or anybody else.

Just saying.  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 5:37 pm

Just saying.  :P

OK :P.

Written By: Shemp97 on 08/31/17 at 6:19 pm

Honestly I think my favorite era so far was 2001-2009 since I grew up in that era and because for some reason I haven't really liked this decade all that much.😀

Same. I hope this mumble trap, skinny jeans trend dies out by 2020.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/31/17 at 8:22 pm

As a matter of fact, it used to be I couldn't stand the 2010s. I think it has grown on me though. Must be that Trump stuff, making me nostalgic for the Obama years.

Check for new replies or respond here...