inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Be lucky the 2000's mystical atmosphere lasted as long as it did

Written By: John Titor on 09/01/17 at 2:13 pm

A lot of people hate on the 2000's ending, but lets face facts here, The classic  2000s were originally suppose to end in 2006, they did not,  The
atmosphere of the 2000s lasted all the way until the Fall of 2008 (with that Summer being the final season of the 2000s)

I would say that is a pretty long vibe to have.  The classic 2000s were suppose to end way sooner than 2008 so be lucky lol

Subject: Re: Be lucky the 2000's mystical atmosphere lasted as long as it did

Written By: #Infinity on 09/01/17 at 2:27 pm

Well, while we're on the subject, it kinda feels like the 80s vibe lasted until late 1996, while there was still a 90s feel in 2007. But the peak of the core 90s was obviously 1994 since that's when childhood culture was defined by Power Rangers even though there were still 80s things like Bon Jovi and Full House. The early 2000s didn't really end until 2009 because that's when Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends ended on Cartoon Network. But there was sort of an early 2000s vibe in 2014 that was absent in 2010-2013 since there was a nostalgia for the 90s. Btw, does it sort of feel like there's a 2020s vibe to today? Because it seems like we're about to undergo a huge shift in spring 2019, although we may get some more 90s vibes again in summer 2018. I think it's obvious we're not in the core 2010s anymore because Powerpuff Girls 2016 is on Cartoon Network and it's cool to be a bigot due to Trump being President. But I think there's going to be a shift pretty soon so that by 2023, 2017 will seem like a totally different world.

Written By: John Titor on 09/01/17 at 2:42 pm

Well, while we're on the subject, it kinda feels like the 80s vibe lasted until late 1996, while there was still a 90s feel in 2007. But the peak of the core 90s was obviously 1994 since that's when childhood culture was defined by Power Rangers even though there were still 80s things like Bon Jovi and Full House. The early 2000s didn't really end until 2009 because that's when Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends ended on Cartoon Network. But there was sort of an early 2000s vibe in 2014 that was absent in 2010-2013 since there was a nostalgia for the 90s. Btw, does it sort of feel like there's a 2020s vibe to today? Because it seems like we're about to undergo a huge shift in spring 2019, although we may get some more 90s vibes again in summer 2018. I think it's obvious we're not in the core 2010s anymore because Powerpuff Girls 2016 is on Cartoon Network and it's cool to be a bigot due to Trump being President. But I think there's going to be a shift pretty soon so that by 2023, 2017 will seem like a totally different world.

troll post, this is why users are leaving the site

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/01/17 at 5:21 pm

I'm not sure if the core 2000s were "supposed" to end earlier than they did. I know that the core era of a decade generally ends around the 7th year of a decade, but I believe the 2000s were naturally an exception to that, because it took several years for core 2000s culture to become fully established.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/01/17 at 6:11 pm

Jesus, am I the only person who thinks these boards have been oversaturated with decadeology lately?

Written By: John Titor on 09/01/17 at 6:44 pm

Jesus, am I the only person who thinks these boards have been oversaturated with decadeology lately?

You are the one who posted about decadeology in your second post, I get what you did but its not really funny
because everyone is saying the same joke over and over.

Written By: John Titor on 09/01/17 at 6:47 pm

I'm not sure if the core 2000s were "supposed" to end earlier than they did. I know that the core era of a decade generally ends around the 7th year of a decade, but I believe the 2000s were naturally an exception to that, because it took several years for core 2000s culture to become fully established.

The core 2000's were suppose to end during the 2006-2007 school year, but they stuck around for one more

the 2007-2008 year, ending when summer 2008 ended.

I compare it to an extra season of a show when the previous season should have been the last.

2006-2007 school year pretty much had Facebook come in very slowly but by March 2007 everyone was using it,
Netflix came in around Feb 2007 and the streaming service debuted, ps3 and wii, HD becoming the norm, End
of gangtsa rap, End of WWE RAWs old logo and theme, Chris beniot ending the Rutheless Agression era, there is just so many things.
The Iphone debuting.

2006-2007 year was SUPPOSE to be the end,but like I said stayed a little longer.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/01/17 at 6:53 pm

You are the one who posted about decadeology in your second post, I get what you did but its not really funny
because everyone is saying the same joke over and over.

Yeah, because pointless decadeology threads keep getting posted over and over again without any fresh angle, instead just being a bunch of generalizations that nobody can totally agree with each other about.

Written By: John Titor on 09/01/17 at 6:57 pm

Yeah, because pointless decadeology threads keep getting posted over and over again without any fresh angle, instead just being a bunch of generalizations that nobody can totally agree with each other about.

you complained about 2 much decadeology and yet you posted it lol

Makes no sense , just stop, if you do not like a thread stop posting in it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/01/17 at 7:01 pm

troll post, this is why users are leaving the site

This thread has the potential to be unique. I always wanted a vibe discussion topic, what this topic is seeming to be.

Stating the classic 2000s were supposed to end by 06 is decadeology though, man. Rather if its true or not has already been discussed to its debts.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/02/17 at 12:30 am

This thread has the potential to be unique. I always wanted a vibe discussion topic, what this topic is seeming to be.

Stating the classic 2000s were supposed to end by 06 is decadeology though, man. Rather if its true or not has already been discussed to its debts.

How can you have a thread about vibe discussion, if you don't talk about when a certain era ended or when it could have ended? To me, decadeology is exactly like #Infinity did in her earlier post; saying that 1996 still had an "'80s vibe" to it. I know that her post wasn't meant to be taken seriously at all, but it proves my point. That's the type of dribble which is discouraging people from staying on this site.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/17 at 6:59 am

I agree.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/02/17 at 8:31 am

How can you have a thread about vibe discussion, if you don't talk about when a certain era ended or when it could have ended?

That's the thing. The mentioning of a decade ended at a certain earlier point in a thread will eventually be unavoidable decadeology discussion all over again. I want a vibe discussion but, that topic would be difficult to maintain. I tried. Decadeology discussions are easier to comprehend.

Written By: Emman on 09/02/17 at 10:39 am

No, you're not alone.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/02/17 at 4:09 pm

Well talking about what the future will be like and predictions about when shifts will happen is not decadology. As for everything else, yeah I guess there are more than usual. However I just ignore it.

Check for new replies or respond here...