inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Out of Jimmy's Head 10th anniversary

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/14/17 at 4:47 pm

10 years ago today, Cartoon Network aired their first "CN Real" live-action show, Out of Jimmy's Head (or "Out of Jimmy's A$$" as I remember many people on internet forums called it back then), causing millions of viewers to give up on the network.

http://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1448/40/1448406605293.jpg

What do you think of this show? Was it crap from a network who thought they couldn't lose, or was it a misunderstood and unfairly-maligned masterpiece?

Subject: Re: Out of Jimmy's Head 10th anniversary

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/14/17 at 4:52 pm

Out of Jimmy's Head (Out of Jimmy's A$$ is more appropriate :P) was the first live action show apart of a new wave of live action shows for Cartoon Network that lasted until 2013/2014. However, it wasn't apart of CN Real though (that would debut 1.5 years later).

Out of Jimmy's Head is a show where I watched a few episodes of it but because it was so bad and dull...I don't remember ANYTHING from this show besides the images of the characters.

This show started the cracks that lead up to the current Cartoon Network but it was just ONE bad decision among many bad decisions that followed.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/14/17 at 5:39 pm

I haven't even heard of that show before. By the looks of it, i'm glad I haven't! :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/14/17 at 5:42 pm

I haven't even heard of that show before. By the looks of it, i'm glad I haven't! :P

LOL, you're lucky :P.

It only lasted for about a year (2007-2008), so maybe that's why you didn't hear of it...and because it's terrible.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/14/17 at 5:42 pm

Interesting concept. Terrible execution. Also ruined by the fact that this was during Cartoon Network's dark age of live action shows (although Out of Jimmy's Head was half live action/half animated).

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/14/17 at 7:20 pm

A show I'm definitely ashamed of. I gave it several chances and.

I'm really sympathetic for the actor that played Jimmy because he most likely got the full reputation after that.

Check for new replies or respond here...