inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did most schools have metal detectors or cameras in the late 90s and early 2000s

Written By: nintieskid999 on 01/04/18 at 7:51 pm

It's what I heard about on the media but never experienced.

Subject: Re: Did most schools have metal detectors or cameras in the late 90s and early 2000s

Written By: 2001 on 01/20/18 at 12:05 pm

My school had cameras but not metal detectors. That was my high school in the late 2000s though. I don't think my elementary/middle school had cameras (late '90s to mid-2000s).

Subject: Re: Did most schools have metal detectors or cameras in the late 90s and early 2000s

Written By: Howard on 01/20/18 at 5:19 pm

Back when I was in High School (1988-1992) I don't think metal detectors came into thought around that time.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/21/18 at 9:00 pm

I have never seen any cameras or metal detectors in my elementary school in the early 2000s. But honestly, I have never seen metal detectors or cameras in schools ever in my life. Not even in my high school in the early 2010s. Is this a U.S. thing or something?  ??? I feel like having cameras and metal detectors in schools is so weird and I have never experienced that lol.

Written By: 2001 on 01/21/18 at 9:05 pm

I have never seen any cameras or metal detectors in my elementary school in the early 2000s. But honestly, I have never seen metal detectors or cameras in schools ever in my life. Not even in my high school in the early 2010s. Is this a U.S. thing or something?  ??? I feel like having cameras and metal detectors in schools is so weird and I have never experienced that lol.

There are métal detectors, not that they matter since bringing guns to school is your Constitutional right and every classroom has a rifle hanging on the wall ;D

Written By: mjstudios97 on 01/21/18 at 9:53 pm

My high school and middle school have had been subject to backpack searching, though not very common but it sometimes happens.. like they're cracking down on tracking down drug users and sellers.. but never are metal detectors used. Although, I heard from hearsay that in the LAUDS schools, they have them. I think one high school not too far from mine have had to do mandated metal detectors for a year because of various bomb threats and a perceived weapon found in a school locker, I think a knife.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/21/18 at 10:14 pm

There are métal detectors, not that they matter since bringing guns to school is your Constitutional right and every classroom has a rifle hanging on the wall ;D

That's crazy lol. The most security we have ever had at my school was needing to wear lanyards to protect against intrusion in my high school (many people didn't wear them though). We also had a constable around in my high school and occasionally we did lockdown drills. My high school was very large too (2100 students enrolled). But there was never backpack checks, metal detectors, cameras, etc. I've never seen that before. I guess it is not needed here in Canada.  :P

Written By: nally on 01/21/18 at 11:43 pm

Not that I was aware of... but the administrative staff occasionally performed a backpack searching.

Written By: XYkid on 01/22/18 at 12:29 pm

I never had metal detectors at any school I went to, but some of them did have cameras.

Written By: 2001 on 01/23/18 at 2:18 pm

A high school got shot up in Kentucky today leaving two kids dead. :o

Written By: Howard on 01/23/18 at 2:41 pm

A high school got shot up in Kentucky today leaving two kids dead. :o

Damn! What is this world coming to?  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...