inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you ever wish you could go back in time!?

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 02/18/18 at 1:23 pm

Yo guys.

I am 28, so the years are piling up.

I wish I could be 16-20 again, but not in this era, but in the era that I was 16-20 (2006-2010).

So same current songs that would have been around at the time, same memes on the internet, video games, technology levels, same everything.

Nostalgia is an illness I tell you!

The passage of time is something that I'm struggling to come to terms with.

Like I remember back when if you were born in 1990, you were barely legal to do any "adult" stuff.

I have a younger brother who is 17 now and it's crazy to think he's nearly grown up!

I just don't know where 10-12 years have got to!

It's crazy how time flies!

Subject: Re: Do you ever wish you could go back in time!?

Written By: 2001 on 02/18/18 at 1:35 pm

2011-2015 for me (ages 18-22, university years). Not 2013 though because of unfortunate circumstances. I only want to visit them on a trip though I wouldn't want to stay there forever. I want to wake up, having it be October 2012 or something, go to school and see all my friends in one place again and play cards or 3DS, then go to sleep and wake up in 2018 again. That would be a dream!

Written By: Howard on 02/18/18 at 1:58 pm

I wish I could go back to the time when I was growing up during the 70's and 80's see what life was like back then.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/18/18 at 2:28 pm

Sorry, but nothing would want me to be 16-20 during 2006-2010. However of course I would want to go back in time, who doesn't? :P

Written By: Dundee on 02/18/18 at 3:03 pm

I don't tbh :') I would love to see the advancements the future gonna bring us, even if it's disappointing. As well as how as humans we move forward in the next few decades.
Might just me I'm a million times more interested in stuff we didn't already see, then things of the past that have been shoved through our faces many times at this point  8-P
The time around the 2040s look especially scary, but exciting! My only wish is stop aging  >:(

Written By: 2001 on 02/18/18 at 3:14 pm

I don't tbh :') I would love to see the advancements the future gonna bring us, even if it's disappointing. As well as how as humans we move forward in the next few decades.
Might just me I'm a million times more interested in stuff we didn't already see, then things of the past that have been shoved through our faces many times at this point  8-P
The time around the 2040s look especially scary, but exciting! My only wish is stop aging  >:(

Just lie about your age ;D

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 02/18/18 at 3:30 pm

Sorry, but nothing would want me to be 16-20 during 2006-2010. However of course I would want to go back in time, who doesn't? :P

It wasn't that bad! :D

I assume from your username you were born in 2000!

You'd be surprised how similar it was to now, a lot of things haven't changed so much as evolved on from then.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/18/18 at 4:38 pm

It wasn't that bad! :D

I assume from your username you were born in 2000!

You'd be surprised how similar it was to now, a lot of things haven't changed so much as evolved on from then.

Yup lol :D
Of course it wouldnt have been that bad, and anyways 2010 was a pretty fun year! It's just that I don't really like most pop culture from 2006-2009, it was a little depressing.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/18/18 at 4:52 pm

Late 2009 to late 2011 here.

Written By: prodanny288 on 02/18/18 at 6:29 pm

I get nostalgic sometimes when I want to go back to 2007-2011. Best years of my life. Since 2012, things have been tough.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/18/18 at 7:29 pm

We wouldnt be on this forum if we didn’t also share that illness.

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/18/18 at 8:08 pm

Yes, especially to correct some of the mistakes I've made.

Written By: annimal on 02/18/18 at 11:09 pm

no

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 05/02/18 at 6:47 am

My main goal now is to be more outgoing with women.

It's something I wish I started in 2006 when I was 16.

My whole prime years between 16-25 I never really spoke to ladies because I was too shy and self conscious and tryna think 5 steps ahead every time so I never made the first step.

Like these guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKK2xxur5X0

I still don't really have a social circle but it's taken 12 years for me to realise that if I don't have one I can't wait around for one before I approach women.

And I'm nostalgic because doing something like this is much more suited to a young adult starting out in life than a guy who's nearly 30.

I've let those years pass me by and that no matter what I do now I will never get them back.

I felt trapped back then and feel like I've only just realised in the twlight of my youth.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/02/18 at 7:50 am

My main goal now is to be more outgoing with women.

It's something I wish I started in 2006 when I was 16.

My whole prime years between 16-25 I never really spoke to ladies because I was too shy and self conscious and tryna think 5 steps ahead every time so I never made the first step.

Like these guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKK2xxur5X0

I still don't really have a social circle but it's taken 12 years for me to realise that if I don't have one I can't wait around for one before I approach women.

And I'm nostalgic because doing something like this is much more suited to a young adult starting out in life than a guy who's nearly 30.

I've let those years pass me by and that no matter what I do now I will never get them back.

I felt trapped back then and feel like I've only just realised in the twlight of my youth.

You should have posted this in http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55521.0 with us, bro.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 05/02/18 at 10:35 am

Wow, I never saw that thread, I didn't think people on this forum were interested in that sorta thing!

Written By: annimal on 05/02/18 at 11:44 am

Defiantly wondered if I'd love to.  Less complicated forms and stuff to deal with for one. 

Written By: Howard on 05/02/18 at 2:54 pm

Yes I would, I'd try to fix my faults or whatever I had did wrong and try to correct them, like most of the mistakes I made in the past.

Written By: Dude111 on 05/02/18 at 4:22 pm

I wish I could be 16-20 again, but not in this era, but in the era that I was 16-20 (2006-2010).

I hear ya buddy......... I would love going to the early 80s when things were still good :) (Good arcade games,food,etc)

Written By: Wobo on 05/02/18 at 4:30 pm

Go back to 2010,2011,2012,2013 or 2014

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/18 at 4:34 pm

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I would not bother, I am happy the way it is.

Written By: Dude111 on 05/02/18 at 10:19 pm

Thats kinda sad buddy..... You dont mi$$ how good things used to be??

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/02/18 at 11:21 pm

I'd go back to 2009 - 2011 or 2000 - 2001, 2003 - 2004 if I could. I wouldn't want to stay there forever of course.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/18 at 5:20 am

I hear ya buddy......... I would love going to the early 80s when things were still good :) (Good arcade games,food,etc)

Back when you had arcades just about everywhere and kept putting quarters in the machine until you won the game. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/03/18 at 5:21 am

I admit, I do.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/18 at 5:25 am

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I would not bother, I am happy the way it is.

I am happy to be the way things are now.

Written By: annimal on 05/03/18 at 2:15 pm

me three

Written By: ofkx on 05/04/18 at 6:53 am

The fact that you want to go back to being 16-20 and consider those years to be your prime is bit frightening to me since I'm currently in those years of my life (16-20 in 2018-2022) and have done nothing significant :-\\. Any advice?

Written By: annimal on 05/04/18 at 4:27 pm

If you've done nothing isn't that because you've done nothing?

Written By: Dude111 on 05/04/18 at 10:46 pm

Might be easier to go to any time we want than we realise!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/18 at 4:58 am

If you've done nothing isn't that because you've done nothing?

There's something wrong with the space-time continuum!

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 05/06/18 at 4:08 pm

The fact that you want to go back to being 16-20 and consider those years to be your prime is bit frightening to me since I'm currently in those years of my life (16-20 in 2018-2022) and have done nothing significant :-\\. Any advice?

Don't be overly shy, don't worry too much about what people think, talk to women as much as possible if you find them attractive.

The more nervous the women make you the more you should talk to them. Start with "Hi", be honest, if you think she's hot say so (to her).

Be socially free, don't be looking at the floor, nervous about what people are thinking. If you are desperate to have sex (like I was at that age) then practice day game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Sehh-yD-c

You can never ever get your years back. I wish I spoke to a girl (I was in love with but she didn't know who I was) in 2008 but I never did it.

I don't have any memories from back then.

Make sure you make some memories to look back on in 10 years time.

That's all off the top of my head!

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/06/18 at 5:47 pm

Don't be overly shy, don't worry too much about what people think, talk to women as much as possible if you find them attractive.

The more nervous the women make you the more you should talk to them. Start with "Hi", be honest, if you think she's hot say so (to her).

I wouldn't say to her she's sexy. She'd already know. You can low key reference the compliment.

What is the other point of the approach? Haha

Written By: Dude111 on 05/06/18 at 9:44 pm

Might be easier to go to any time we want than we realise!There's something wrong with the space-time continuum!

The movie SOMEWHERE IN TIME (1980) might say it all Phil! (That movie combined with The matrix (1999))

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/18 at 4:30 pm

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious do-do.

Written By: Dude111 on 05/07/18 at 9:30 pm

Ah man!!

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 05/08/18 at 3:06 am

I wouldn't say to her she's sexy. She'd already know. You can low key reference the compliment.

What is the other point of the approach? Haha

What I meant was let her know that you're into her so she knows what's up!

Don't worry if she doesn't feel the same way, at least you put your cards on the table!

Once you have done that, you've done your job and remember that regret is worse that rejection.

At least if you tried, you knew the outcome rather than always wondering about it!

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/08/18 at 4:01 pm

2006 for sure.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/09/18 at 2:01 pm

Nostalgia is an illness indeed. But for nostalgia tourism, I’d go back to the years 2000-2004. To actually change things, I might go back to 2010.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/18 at 2:22 pm

Nostalgia is an illness indeed. But for nostalgia tourism, I’d go back to the years 2000-2004. To actually change things, I might go back to 2010.

I love nostalgia and someone to reminisce with too just to discuss anything that dealt with the past.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/18 at 4:23 pm

Ah man!!
"Click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there.""

Written By: Howard on 05/10/18 at 5:21 am

"Click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there.""

http://www.bmoreart.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tumblr_lq5sc4JBtQ1qheybto1_1280.gif

Written By: antidote on 05/10/18 at 10:50 pm

I have a lot of nostalgia for 2007-2011. I was an elementary/middle schooler at the time and I feel like it would've been a cool time to be in high school/college.

Written By: Looney Toon on 05/13/18 at 1:28 am

Just lie about your age ;D

Yeah, this idea works. Nearly 3 decades have past and my 19th birthday is coming soon.

I love me some life hacks. 8)

Written By: Brian06 on 05/13/18 at 1:33 am

Yeah sometimes I would like go back to 2004 or something and be 17 again. I think the early-mid '00s period had it's problems but I think it really was more decent overall than today in general. I know I'm sounding old but really I think we've lost some class since then.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...