inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can you believe that 2008 was 10 years ago?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/21/18 at 5:55 pm

weLbqGuopKw

It's crazy to me that 2008 was a decade ago now. I turned 9 years old and I still had that little kid curiosity and naiveté. So much has changed in the world since then.

Things or people that were all the rage in 2008 but aren't today:

*Flip phones
*BlackBerry phones
*2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing (Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt taking the world by storm)
*Barack Obama (then-U.S. Senator who was taking America by storm)
*George W. Bush (outgoing and very unpopular President)
*Apple bottom jeans
*Grand Theft Auto IV
*Mario Kart Wii
*Far Cry 2
*Burnout Paradise
*Gears of War 2
*Fallout 3
*Call of Duty: World at War
*Left 4 Dead
*LittleBigPlanet
*Emo music
*Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
*White Macbooks
*Poke wars on Facebook
*The Dark Knight
*Excitement for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (which came out in 2009)
*Twilight
*WALL-E
*Sarah Palin and her being a VP candidate.
*David Archuleta
*Ne-Yo
*Jason Mraz
*Natasha Bedingfield
*Estelle
*T.I.
*Jesse McCartney
*Kevin Rudolf
*Jonas Brothers
*T-Pain
*Kings of Leon
*30 Rock
*Breaking Bad
*The Office

Also, Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, Robin Williams, Paul Walker were ALL alive in 2008 :(.

Share your memories of 2008! 8)

Subject: Re: Can you believe that 2008 was 10 years ago?

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/21/18 at 8:25 pm

2008 was when I was in Kindergarten. I remember it like yesterday. I remember in December 2008 when I was at my friends birthday party and we had our faces painted and we got those party bags with little treats in them. I also remember the song "No Air" and "Pocket Full Of Sunshine" being very popular that year, and those songs do bring back lots of nostalgia.
I also feel as if people tend to underestimate how 2000's 2008 is. It was a lot more common for people to say that 2008 was early 2010's back in say 2014, but now people are starting to realize that 2008 was still heavily 2000's. If I were to get teleported back to 2008 with the same age that I am now, I would definitely notice a huge difference. 2008 feels almost like another world now.

Written By: Wobo on 02/21/18 at 9:00 pm

Yep in 2008 I was in pre school (daycare) i still remember my 4th birthday where my mom came to my daycare and bought my friends ice cream and pizza.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/21/18 at 9:35 pm

I remember getting Super Smash Bros Brawl that year, good times  ;D

That was my first Smash game, I thought it was so good, but later on in life, I played Melee and Smash for Wii U  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/18 at 9:37 pm

I remember getting Super Smash Bros Brawl that year, good times  ;D

Did you follow the Dojo Daily Updates? I used to wake up everyday for those! I remember the Internet broke when Snake was announced as a playable character. ;D

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/21/18 at 9:38 pm

Did you follow the Dojo Daily Updates? I used to wake up everyday for those! I remember the Internet broke when Snake was announced as a playable character. ;D

No, I was only six and I wasn't following the video game industry news.

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/18 at 9:42 pm

No, I was only six and I wasn't following the video game industry news.

Ah, I see. You had a PS2 though right? Did you play Guitar Hero when you were a kid?

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/21/18 at 9:52 pm

Ah, I see. You had a PS2 though right? Did you play Guitar Hero when you were a kid?

No, I didn't. Though I did have a High School Musical and American Idol games for PS2. In the High School Musical game, you'd sing into a microphone, the American Idol game was just button pressing.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/21/18 at 10:09 pm

Why you gotta remind us though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/21/18 at 11:54 pm

Why you gotta remind us though.

To reminisce! 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/21/18 at 11:57 pm

2008 was when I was in Kindergarten. I remember it like yesterday. I remember in December 2008 when I was at my friends birthday party and we had our faces painted and we got those party bags with little treats in them. I also remember the song "No Air" and "Pocket Full Of Sunshine" being very popular that year, and those songs do bring back lots of nostalgia.
I also feel as if people tend to underestimate how 2000's 2008 is. It was a lot more common for people to say that 2008 was early 2010's back in say 2014, but now people are starting to realize that 2008 was still heavily 2000's. If I were to get teleported back to 2008 with the same age that I am now, I would definitely notice a huge difference. 2008 feels almost like another world now.

Absolutely!

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/22/18 at 1:13 am

I was 16-17 in 2008, so I remember it well. It was a milestone of a year, historically, politically, and culturally.

I especially remember the election. Obama was hugely popular at my high school. I was on the student council and helped out with counting mock election ballots (where high school students voted for the presidential candidate of their choice). Obama won overwhelmingly.

I was hugely excited when Obama won, but very upset that Prop 8 (Califoria's gay marriage ban) was approved by the voters.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/18 at 4:08 am

Yes, I  can and remember it very well!

Written By: Howard on 02/22/18 at 5:30 am

I owned a PS2 around that time and after that I traded it in for a PS3.

Written By: unicornic on 02/22/18 at 9:11 am

2008 was the best year of my childhood. I miss it a lot :\'(

Written By: Lizardmatum on 02/22/18 at 9:44 am

Aw man I love that Remember 2008 video! One of the best remember videos on YouTube to me.

Yeah I can't believe 2008 is 10 years ago. A year of lots of change for me as I went from primary school to secondary school and my world changed from pretty bad to great by the end of the year. I also changed best friends within the year so had a different one to who had started with. It does feel to be a different time which is kind of amazing because I always have it labeled in my mind as a recent year but when I actually properly stop to remember it, It feels so long ago!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/22/18 at 10:58 am

Aw man I love that Remember 2008 video! One of the best remember videos on YouTube to me.

Yeah I can't believe 2008 is 10 years ago. A year of lots of change for me as I went from primary school to secondary school and my world changed from pretty bad to great by the end of the year. I also changed best friends within the year so had a different one to who had started with. It does feel to be a different time which is kind of amazing because I always have it labeled in my mind as a recent year but when I actually properly stop to remember it, It feels so long ago!

Yep, I know it's crazy right. However, I've been thinking of 2008 as a different time (not "world") since about 2014.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/22/18 at 4:32 pm

I’m probably going to be in the minority for saying this, but I don’t think I will ever understand people who call 2008 “the modern 2000’s” there’s like nothing modern about 2008 anymore. I can’t imagine today’s culture with iPhone 6 pluses or something, trap rap, apps like Instagram and Snapchat, and hipster fashion being a thing in 2008. If we were to get teleported back to 2008 with the same stuff that we know, we would definitely notice a difference.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/22/18 at 4:36 pm

I’m probably going to be in the minority for saying this, but I don’t think I will ever understand people who call 2008 “the modern 2000’s” there’s like nothing modern about 2008 anymore. I can’t imagine today’s culture with iPhone 6 pluses or something, trap rap, apps like Instagram and Snapchat, and hipster fashion being a thing in 2008. If we were to get teleported back to 2008 with the same stuff that we know, we would definitely notice a difference.

It was modern in comparison to the early 2000s. The 2000s went though a tech boom.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/22/18 at 4:40 pm

It was modern in comparison to the early 2000s. The 2000s went though a tech boom.

True, but that doesn’t necessarily mean 2008 is “modern” and feels like today. I really don’t see how one could call 2008 “modern” when we’re in the late 2010’s pushing the year 2020. I just feel like most  people tend to underestimate how dated the 2000’s were especially 2008 and 2009.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/22/18 at 4:57 pm

True, but that doesn’t necessarily mean 2008 is “modern” and feels like today. I really don’t see how one could call 2008 “modern” when we’re in the late 2010’s pushing the year 2020. I just feel like most  people tend to underestimate how dated the 2000’s were especially 2008 and 2009.

People tend to associate 2008 with the '10s because we had the iPhone, Facebook, electropop emerged late that year, and Obama was elected.  People forget that the established culture was still very 2000s.  2008 was just as much emo, MySpace, post-grunge, flip-phones, Bush, and the Iraq War as it was the aforementioned things.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/22/18 at 5:07 pm

People tend to associate 2008 with the '10s because we had the iPhone, Facebook, electropop emerged late that year, and Obama was elected.  People forget that the established culture was still very 2000s.  2008 was just as much emo, MySpace, post-grunge, flip-phones, Bush, and the Iraq War as it was the aforementioned things.

Even all those things you mentioned are very dated.
For the  entire first half of 2008, there wasn’t any App Store, meaning you were pretty much stuck with the pre-downloaded apps until about July when it came out. Even when the App Store did come out, the iPhones from 2008 looked very dated from today’s iPhones. I mean, just compare an iPhone from 2008 to an iPhone X.
Hardly any teens in 2018 use Facebook anymore. Facebook was very different back in 2008. Back then, mostly teens used it. Now it’s the exact opposite.
There’s hardly any electropop now. Nowadays it’s mainly EDM and trap as being the dominant genres.
Not only that, but the recession in 2008 was a big problem too.
The fashion was Emo/Scene unlike today, where hipsters are seen.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/22/18 at 5:16 pm

Even all those things you mentioned are very dated.
For the  entire first half of 2008, there wasn’t any App Store, meaning you were pretty much stuck with the pre-downloaded apps until about July when it came out. Even when the App Store did come out, the iPhones from 2008 looked very dated from today’s iPhones. I mean, just compare an iPhone from 2008 to an iPhone X.
Hardly any teens in 2018 use Facebook anymore. Facebook was very different back in 2008. Back then, mostly teens used it. Now it’s the exact opposite.
There’s hardly any electropop now. Nowadays it’s mainly EDM and trap as being the dominant genres.
Not only that, but the recession in 2008 was a big problem too.
The fashion was Emo/Scene unlike today, where hipsters are seen.

I agree with all of this.  It's unfortunate what has happened to Facebook.  It's pretty much become a platform for sharing fake news.  Even people who still use Facebook don't upload their photos to it like they used to.

Honestly, the Obama era (and late Bush era) is starting to feel more and more dated the further we get into the Trump years.  It's remarkable how much the zeitgeist has changed even since 2016 (and not in a good way in my opinion).  Some of my favorite movies of the era i.e. Superbad, Borat, Bruno, Harold and Kumar, etc are starting to show their age.  In 2016, those movies were almost as relatable as they were when they came out.  They aren't as much anymore.

Written By: Dundee on 02/22/18 at 7:21 pm

I turned 11 that year! I was really excited for the pop music for some reason, especially for the new comers like Katy Perry who was dubbed "the new Madonna" (just before Lady Gaga came around) ;D

Also I was OBSESSED with All-American Rejects :o

Written By: ofkx on 02/23/18 at 6:25 am

2008 was such an important year in my childhood :\'(. It was the year I traveled to Australia and spent 1st and 2nd grade there. I remember being dragged to The premiere of High School Musical 3 with my sister and my mom.
My brother also made me a Runescape account that year, and I named myself “goodfireboy” lol.

Written By: Dundee on 02/23/18 at 6:48 am

I remember being dragged to The premiere of High School Musical 3 with my sister and my mom.
Same :D The movie was super hyped at my elementary school, especially for us when the times for middle school were approaching.

I also got an emo hairdo going on that year, not super extreme but the notorious flip-over-eye. Such times ;D

Written By: prodanny288 on 02/23/18 at 8:05 pm

Thanks for making me feel old OP. Haha just kidding. I can’t believe 2008 was that long ago. Feels like yesterday I was on my Nintendo DS playing Mario Party.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/23/18 at 8:48 pm

Thanks for making me feel old OP. Haha just kidding. I can’t believe 2008 was that long ago. Feels like yesterday I was on my Nintendo DS playing Mario Party.

Dude! I also had Mario Party DS! I played multiplayer with my siblings all the time!

Written By: prodanny288 on 02/23/18 at 9:44 pm

Dude! I also had Mario Party DS! I played multiplayer with my siblings all the time!

Haha same here man. I’d bring my Nintendo DS with me almost everywhere I went.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/23/18 at 10:12 pm

Haha same here man. I’d bring my Nintendo DS with me almost everywhere I went.

I got a DSi for Christmas 2009. I loved it. Not only could I play games on it, but I could also take pictures, record music files, and Flipnote Studio/Hantena was so fun!

Written By: ofkx on 02/23/18 at 11:08 pm

I miss my DS :\'(. I only had Nintendo Dogs and that creepy ass sims game ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/23/18 at 11:18 pm

I miss my DS :\'(. I only had Nintendo Dogs and that creepy ass sims game ;D

I had a Nintendo DS and I would play Super Mario 64, Zhu Zhu Pets, and Sims almost every night before I went to bed. I don't know where it's at now.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/23/18 at 11:27 pm

I had a Nintendo DS and I would play Super Mario 64, Zhu Zhu Pets, and Sims almost every night before I went to bed. I don't know where it's at now.

Super Mario 64 DS is amazing. I still have my copy of it.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/23/18 at 11:34 pm

Super Mario 64 DS is amazing. I still have my copy of it.

I agree. It was a fun game and I always used to ragequit sometimes. ;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/23/18 at 11:35 pm

I has over a hundred games for the DS ;D :-[

It was around this time 10 years ago I got an Xbox 360 for my 15th birthday. My brother's 14th birthday was two weeks after mine, so we decided to combine our birthdays because that's the only way we could convince our parents to buy us a $500 console lol. I still had to pay for my copy of Halo 3, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect and the online/spare controller (Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance was bundled, as was the promotion at the time, the latter or which was the origin story or my brother's superhero obsession). I felt like such a big man! Buying my own console ;D

Wow I can't believe that was a decade ago.  :\'(

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/23/18 at 11:40 pm

I has over a hundred games for the DS ;D :-[

It was around this time 10 years ago I got an Xbox 360 for my 15th birthday. My brother's 14th birthday was two weeks after mine, so we decided to combine our birthdays because that's the only way we could convince our parents to buy us a $500 console lol. I still had to pay for my copy of Halo 3, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect and the online/spare controller (Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance was bundled, as was the promotion at the time, the latter or which was the origin story or my brother's superhero obsession). I felt like such a big man! Buying my own console ;D

Wow I can't believe that was a decade ago.  :\'(

Did it ever get the red ring of death!?

Written By: 2001 on 02/23/18 at 11:43 pm

Did it ever get the red ring of death!?

It actually did! I think it was in the summer of 2009. I was furious! My brother found this trick online though: cover your Xbox in a towel, turn it on, let it overheat (it will turn off), then let it cool and open it again. It actually worked. Over time the the chances of it working dropped (it would work maybe 25% of the time) so we decided to just send it in and get a replacement.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 02/24/18 at 4:14 pm

When I think of 2008, I can't get past that song by Metro Station, "Shake It".
Man, 2008 was a significant year for me because I left elementary school and went to middle school. I remember it being such a big shock for me because I was practically going to school with hormonal, phasal teenagers now. Puberty became a dynamic. I was such a socially awkward kid in my class. My parents also decided to enroll me in an after school program to build up my social skills, and also for me to be able to concentrate on my schoolwork better. I stayed until 6 PM every day. I got introduced to a lot of new things. That experience has somewhat shaped the person that I am today.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 4:37 pm

When I think of 2008, I can't get past that song by Metro Station, "Shake It".
Man, 2008 was a significant year for me because I left elementary school and went to middle school. I remember it being such a big shock for me because I was practically going to school with hormonal, phasal teenagers now. Puberty became a dynamic. I was such a socially awkward kid in my class. My parents also decided to enroll me in an after school program to build up my social skills, and also for me to be able to concentrate on my schoolwork better. I stayed until 6 PM every day. I got introduced to a lot of new things. That experience has somewhat shaped the person that I am today.

The first song that pops up in my mind when I think of 2008 is Independent by Webbie. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 5:25 pm

The first song that pops up in my mind when I think of 2008 is Independent by Webbie. ;D

The first song that comes into my head when I think of 2008 is Single Ladies by Beyonce :P.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 5:41 pm

The first song that comes into my head when I think of 2008 is Single Ladies by Beyonce :P.

Lol, that song was everywhere in 2008.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/24/18 at 5:46 pm

Yes! I can't believe it! It feels like yesterday. Crazy how time files.

It's awesome how you remember that song. I heard that track throughout the year and I don't think anyone here recalls it.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 5:49 pm

Yes! I can't believe it! It feels like yesterday. Crazy how time files.
It's awesome how you remember that song. I heard that track throughout the year and I don't think anyone here recalls it.

Yeah, the song was really popular that year where I'm at. It also taught me how to spell independent. ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/24/18 at 5:52 pm

Yeah, the song was really popular that year where I'm at. It also taught me how to spell independent. ;D
It was where I'm at too. In my city, there were two urban stations at the time and that song played both of them. And that's good for you. I think a lot of people misspell that word.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 5:53 pm

It was where I'm at too. In my city, there were two urban stations at the time and that song played both of them. And that's good for you. I think a lot of people misspell that word.

Maybe that's why the song was made. ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/24/18 at 5:58 pm

Maybe that's why the song was made. ;D
Maybe so, but I think it made since the ladies in the song did everything by themselves and wanted to be recognized for their effort.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 5:59 pm

Maybe so, but I think it made since the ladies in the song did everything by themselves and wanted to be recognized for their effort.

Yeah, I know. I said that as a joke lol

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/24/18 at 6:01 pm

Yeah, I know. I said that as a joke lol
I should have known ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 6:03 pm

I should have known ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 7:04 pm

Lol, that song was everywhere in 2008.

Yep.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:03 pm

I remember having a DS it was my brother's i remember playing Super Mario Bros DS on it. Sadly i broked most of my brothers consoles before. :-\\

Written By: Dundee on 02/25/18 at 8:08 am

I just remembered 2008 introduced me to one of my biggest guilty pleasures of all-time. I remember 11 year old-me was so ashamed of liking it so much and putting it on my mp3-player ;D
kTHNpusq654

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/25/18 at 9:58 am

I just remembered 2008 introduced me to one of my biggest guilty pleasures of all-time. I remember 11 year old-me was so ashamed of liking it so much and putting it on my mp3-player ;D
kTHNpusq654

That song was a guilty pleasure for my 9 year old self :P ;D.

Written By: graciee on 02/25/18 at 1:21 pm

I was 5 in 2008 I remember it. I loved 2008 :)

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 02/25/18 at 3:31 pm

It really is crazy to think.

I am seeing ppl on the internet who were born a few years before 2008.

It was my first year of being an adult.

I didn't get comfortable with talking to girls back at the community college I was attending then. They built a new campus last year, it's funny because when I was going to the old one there were rumours about a new one being built.

10 years later they finally did it. That hits home for me, the college that I went to back then is scheduled for demolition :\'(

Anyway, I digress.

Yeah, in 2008 I wanted to get with some girls but it felt like everyone else was living a grown up adult life and I was still a big baby stuck on my computer playing video games and hanging out on forums because I really didn't have a social circle.

In fact, at some point this year I'll post my 2008 photos my mom found a couple of years back on an old SD card.

Just gotta find somewhere I can upload them where I have control over them instead of them going onto the internet never to be seen again.

So yeah, it's about time I accept that my youth is gone and that I will never get it back.

I wish I coulda had more interactions and memories from back then.

It's not like I didn't try, but I was so cripplingly shy.

Hell knows not being able to find a job didn't do wonders for my confidence either.

Circumstances I guess, I often feel like if I could have been a bit luckier things coulda turned out better.

Here's my old college on street view if anyone is interested

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1393512,0.8617462,3a,75y,337.77h,88.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sT6MKTfQZ1eVxiy8Iaah-Bg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Actually, here's an interesting little tie in.

I remember around that time Google Street View was coming out and I was at college checking out my house on Street View!

So that's something else that has been around for 10 years but only feels like it came out a few years ago.

Edit:

Just realised the sign that teenager is throwing up in the Street View pic, as you can see it wasn't in the best area ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/26/18 at 6:13 pm

Exactly 10 years ago, on February 26th, 2008, Webbie released his Savage Life 2 album. It's still fire to this day. :P
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/63/SavageLife2.jpg/220px-SavageLife2.jpg
M_9B3M3SI6U
HUPfCWe912U

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/18 at 6:21 pm

I didn't get comfortable with talking to girls back at the community college I was attending then. They built a new campus last year, it's funny because when I was going to the old one there were rumours about a new one being built.

10 years later they finally did it. That hits home for me, the college that I went to back then is scheduled for demolition :\'(

Anyway, I digress.

Yeah, in 2008 I wanted to get with some girls but it felt like everyone else was living a grown up adult life and I was still a big baby stuck on my computer playing video games and hanging out on forums because I really didn't have a social circle.

In fact, at some point this year I'll post my 2008 photos my mom found a couple of years back on an old SD card.

Just gotta find somewhere I can upload them where I have control over them instead of them going onto the internet never to be seen again.

So yeah, it's about time I accept that my youth is gone and that I will never get it back.

Hell knows not being able to find a job didn't do wonders for my confidence either.

Circumstances I guess, I often feel like if I could have been a bit luckier things coulda turned out better.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1393512,0.8617462,3a,75y,337.77h,88.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sT6MKTfQZ1eVxiy8Iaah-Bg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I remember around that time Google Street View was coming out and I was at college checking out my house on Street View!

So that's something else that has been around for 10 years but only feels like it came out a few years ago.

Edit:

Just realised the sign that teenager is throwing up in the Street View pic, as you can see it wasn't in the best area ;D

Wow, that would be really sad for me too.  :\'(

Also the only thing I'm looking at in that Street View is that muscular shirtless guy ;D

Written By: John Titor on 03/10/18 at 10:02 am

I know this is weird to say but 2008 felt more 2000s than 2007

Written By: Wobo on 03/14/18 at 2:46 pm

This was posted in 2008 and I have to say this is really 2000s  ;D
2eCTiX7s0dA

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/14/18 at 2:56 pm

Going down memory lane...

x-V2zLEzxKk

h_CQoVVUees

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/14/18 at 3:47 pm

Youtube in the late '00s really showed off the 80s nostalgia thinks to Angry Video Game Nerd who reviewed a lot of Atari and NES games from the 80s, Nostalgia Critic (or ThatGuyWithTheGlasses as he was called at the time) was ranting on old 80s cartoons, and things like Youtube Poop which was literally late 2000s internet humor mixed with 80s cartoons.

Youtube is still considered a "modern" thing. So people don't see it as ever getting "retro". But I'm always surprised to see pre-2010 youtube videos of 2007-2009.

Written By: Dundee on 03/14/18 at 3:57 pm

I've noticed people were kind of obsessed with early Youtube ever since 2012-2013 or so. It's understandable, I mean the site used to be more designed like a blog site and was nowhere it's modern incarnation which is now an entertainment industry on its own. Videos of that time have that immediate early, innocent charm, so I will not be suprised if they get the status of "retro" in the future. Probably past the 20th anniversary in 2025 (By that time people will probably be obsessed with everything 2000s).

Yavx9yxTrsw

Written By: ofkx on 03/14/18 at 4:21 pm

I've noticed people were kind of obsessed with early Youtube ever since 2012-2013 or so. It's understandable, I mean the site used to be more designed like a blog site and was nowhere it's modern incarnation which is now an entertainment industry on its own. Videos of that time have that immediate early, innocent charm, so I will not be suprised if they get the status of "retro" in the future. Probably past the 20th anniversary in 2025 (By that time people will probably be obsessed with everything 2000s).

Yavx9yxTrsw

BOXXY!!!! I completely forgot about her! I don't think I've heard of her since I was like 10. She was adorable though :D.
Also, I'm sure everyone knows the classic video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM
This is what they look like now :o:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOuu_3-gAn0

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/14/18 at 4:27 pm

This is what they look like now :o:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOuu_3-gAn0

Dayum! :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/14/18 at 4:29 pm

Dayum! They glowed up! :D

No, they didn't glow up. They just became 10 years older ;D.

Written By: Dundee on 03/14/18 at 5:30 pm

Don't mind me taking this thread in hostage by posting hit songs from back then :D

_wjFahULCK8

Another case of HOW IS THIS SONG ALREADY 10 YEARS OLD

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/15/18 at 12:30 am

weLbqGuopKw

It's crazy to me that 2008 was a decade ago now. I turned 9 years old and I still had that little kid curiosity and naiveté. So much has changed in the world since then.

Things or people that were all the rage in 2008 but aren't today:

*Flip phones
*BlackBerry phones
*2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing (Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt taking the world by storm)
*Barack Obama (then-U.S. Senator who was taking America by storm)
*George W. Bush (outgoing and very unpopular President)
*Apple bottom jeans
*Grand Theft Auto IV
*Mario Kart Wii
*Far Cry 2
*Burnout Paradise
*Gears of War 2
*Fallout 3
*Call of Duty: World at War
*Left 4 Dead
*LittleBigPlanet
*Emo music
*Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
*White Macbooks
*Poke wars on Facebook
*The Dark Knight
*Excitement for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (which came out in 2009)
*Twilight
*WALL-E
*Sarah Palin and her being a VP candidate.
*David Archuleta
*Ne-Yo
*Jason Mraz
*Natasha Bedingfield
*Estelle
*T.I.
*Jesse McCartney
*Kevin Rudolf
*Jonas Brothers
*T-Pain
*Kings of Leon
*30 Rock
*Breaking Bad
*The Office

Also, Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, Robin Williams, Paul Walker were ALL alive in 2008 :(.

Share your memories of 2008! 8)

When you wrote "Apple bottom jeans", I started thinking "boots with the fur" and then that song got stuck in my head, which is a 2008 song btw. 2008 was a great year from Jan 1 to Dec 31, despite the Recession which really didn't effect me anyways. I was in the Navy and it was my first of three years being stationed in Japan, the best years of my life. Aside from living in Japan and visiting Georgia in the summer, my memories of that year include:

- Good music such as "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay, "Stop and Stare", "Say What You Need to Say", "Shake It" by Metro Station, "American Boy" by Estelle, "Mercy" by Duffy
- Super Smash Bros for the Wii and GTA IV. I was also playing Dark Cloud for PS2 even though it's a much older game.
- Movies such as Jumper, the first Iron Man, and the Dark Knight
- "The Office" was at it's peak (Season 4)
- The Beijing Olympics was a good memory. I was disappointed to hear that song in the opening ceremony was just lip sung.
- I was happy about the elections and at the time was caught up in the "change" hype
- I created my Facebook account that year

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 1:15 am

When you wrote "Apple bottom jeans", I started thinking "boots with the fur" and then that song got stuck in my head, which is a 2008 song btw. 2008 was a great year from Jan 1 to Dec 31, despite the Recession which really didn't effect me anyways. I was in the Navy and it was my first of three years being stationed in Japan, the best years of my life. Aside from living in Japan and visiting Georgia in the summer, my memories of that year include:

- Good music such as "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay, "Stop and Stare", "Say What You Need to Say", "Shake It" by Metro Station, "American Boy" by Estelle, "Mercy" by Duffy
- Super Smash Bros for the Wii and GTA IV. I was also playing Dark Cloud for PS2 even though it's a much older game.
- Movies such as Jumper, the first Iron Man, and the Dark Knight
- "The Office" was at it's peak (Season 4)
- The Beijing Olympics was a good memory. I was disappointed to hear that song in the opening ceremony was just lip sung.
- I was happy about the elections and at the time was caught up in the "change" hype
- I created my Facebook account that year

Awesome! :D 8)

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 03/21/18 at 10:15 am

Anyway, I digress.

Edit:

Just taken the afternoon off work to go see it, took some photos.

Needless to say, it is a construction site now :-https://farm1.staticflickr.com/784/40940067581_6c3bbff4fe_b.jpgIMG_20180321_131236 by a a, on Flickr

A lotta memories man.

That's why you've gotta make the most of your life from an early age and be outgoing.

I used to go in and out of these gates on a regular basis back in 2007-2010

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/820/40898321792_4b6ca8421e_b.jpgIMG_20180321_131925 by a a, on Flickr

Written By: 2001 on 03/21/18 at 12:38 pm

That's really sad  :\'(

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 03/21/18 at 5:43 pm

One more lot of pics (sorry to take over this thread somewhat)

Main entrance to my old college just last year on Street View (and how I remember it with all those lovely trees)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/805/39136793520_0353477f36_b.jpgSouth Kent College entrance 2017 by a a, on Flickr

Main entrance when I visited today

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/794/40052191225_ec20db4821_b.jpgSouth Kent College main entrance by a a, on Flickr

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 12:50 pm

Just remembered Rihanna's try at being emo is 10 years old  ;D

E1mU6h4Xdxc

Inescepable 2008 hit

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 12:57 pm

Just remembered Rihanna's try at being emo is 10 years old  ;D

E1mU6h4Xdxc

Inescepable 2008 hit

Unrelated to the video: During this time, she really thought she was being an edgy rocker chick.  ;D

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 1:01 pm

Unrelated to the video: During this time, she really thought she was being an edgy rocker chick.  ;D
True, but that same year she also had a cute little r&b hit:

J3UjJ4wKLkg

It's pretty amazing how she tries to be absolutely everything as long as it is popular/in style  ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 1:09 pm

True, but that same year she also had a cute little r&b hit:

J3UjJ4wKLkg

It's pretty amazing how she tries to be absolutely everything as long as it is popular/in style  ;D

That's how she stays relevant. I am extremely surprised she hasn't dropped an album yet. It seems she usually drops one every year..

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/23/18 at 8:33 pm

That's how she stays relevant. I am stunned she hasn't dropped an album yet. It seems she usually drops one every year.
The reason is that the songs on Rhianna's 2016 album are still charting and playing on the radio and she stopped releasing albums every year 5-6 years ago.

Written By: gotuokere on 03/29/18 at 11:52 am

Man oh boy!!! I LOVED 2008!!!!! Can't believe it's been a whole decade. Time sure does fly!!! It ties with 2004 as the greatest year of my life. I was 10 years old in 2008 so I was really young and didn't have much life experience. But ignorance is bliss, isn't it?  :)

In 2008, I went to my first Spurs game. It was such a fun experience because it was on my tenth birthday. I remember it was Spurs VS Calvaliers. I also remember watching lots of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon at that time. Shows like George of the Jungle (2007), Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Johnny Test, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, SpongeBob, The Mighty B!, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, El Tigre, Fairly OddParents, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, etc. were my absolute favorites to watch. My next door neighbor always came over to my house and me and my brother would play football with him. Every weekend I'd ride my bike with my siblings. I remember going to my cousin's house for Easter where we had an egg hunt and we played their Gamecube games, like Sonic, NBA Live, and Need for Speed. I also remember going to a pot luck and watching "Fairly OddBaby" when Poof was added to the show. My little sister and I would always read Biscuit books (my little sister was in kindergarten at the time). My older brother (who was in middle school at the time) played the clarinet and one time we both rushed home after his band class to watch the premiere of the SpongeBob episode "Pest of the West" and I remember getting a Nintendo DS Lite the next day. I was really into Hank the Cowdog books at the time and I remember reading over half of the book series in a few months. One of my best friends had a birthday party and we saw Speed Racer (2008 film) at the Palladium theater. He lived on a hill and we had Nerf gun fights and rode his Ripstix skateboard down the hill. My other friend in my fourth grade class had a PSP and I would always sit by him on the bus and watch him play it. He had the game 300 (based on the movie) and some other racing games. In the summer I watched so many fun television blocks, Har Har Tharsdays on Cartoon Network, and Nonstop Five at 5 on Nickelodeon. My parents would always watch Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Beijing Olympics, Barack Obama election at the evening time and I would watch it while eating dinner. My siblings and I had a bunch of water balloons and we would always have water fights in our backyard. Nicktoons Network was a cool exclusive channel and they had cool shows on like Three Delivery, Ricky Sprocket, Making Fiends, Edgar and Ellen, etc. and I'd always watch those before bed. During Fourth of July, Cartoon Network had this huge Chowder marathon and I remember watching it at my cousin's house and we played his GameCube games like F-Zero Racing, Tony Hawk, and SpongeBob Movie game. There was a summer program in my city called "College for Kids" and me and my brother would go there every summer. Everyone there had a Nintendo DS and it felt amazing to have a DS like everyone else. At the end of the summer, I put on a big birthday party for my little sister. We decorated the house with decorations and we designed our game room like an arcade. We drew and colored tickets and we distributed the tickets after you played video games or air hockey (we had an air hockey table at the time) and we used McDonalds toys as prizes you get after redeeming tickets. It was so creative and kind. During the fall, I entered fifth grade and we got Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for our GameCube!!! I played the heck out of the game in fifth grade!!!!!!!! It was so addicting!!!!  Me and my siblings also watched afterschool cartoons on Boomerang like Gerald McBoing-Boing, Baby Looney Tunes, Krypto the Superdog, etc. I would always rush my homework to watch those with my little sister afterschool. My school had a county fair and I went to that. Shows like Chowder, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Mighty B! and Total Drama Island were airing the best episodes that fall. My friends at my church would always watch the Canadian episodes of Total Drama Island before they aired on CN. So many awesome childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!! :D I also drew a lot of comic books at that time and I would send them in the mail to my friends. I remember going to a birthday party with inflatabqles and a dunk tank. I also remember buying a Captain Underpants book and reading the whole book in one sitting. I also got my first detention in fifth grade (I was always drawing cartoons in class) During Thanksgiving I played so much Double Dash, and watched a marathon of new SpongeBob, Mighty B and Fairly OddParents episodes on Nick and a marathon of Tom and Jerry, Chowder and the series finale of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends movie Destination Imagination on CN and Madagascar 2 in Theaters. I actually got a fever from so much stimulation of entertainment, and I was excited when Barrack Obama won the election. During Christmas I got a Tom and Jerry DVD, Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. My brother also got a DS Lite and we would play DS Download Play all the time that Christmas break. My brother had a band performance in Dallas, TX and we traveled there to see him perform in the Cotton Bowl parade. I actually saw him on TV in the hotel room I was in!!!!!!

Sorry that was so long, 2008 was an INCREDIBLE year for me. I would say 2018 has NOTHING in common with 2008, so much has changed and the world is a competley different place entertainment/culture-wise. 2008 is a core 2000's year, probably the last extremely 2000's-esque year. 2009-2011 was a little like the 2000's. but a lot like the 2010's at the same time. If time travel was real I'd definitely go back in time to 2008, during my childhood. Being a teen/young adult just isn't the same. :(

Written By: Wobo on 03/29/18 at 11:55 am

Man oh boy!!! I LOVED 2008!!!!! It ties with 2004 as the greatest year of my life. I was 10 years old in 2008 so I was really young and didn't have much life experience. But ignorance is bliss, isn't it?  :)

In 2008, I went to my first Spurs game. It was such a fun experience because it was on my tenth birthday. I remember it was Spurs VS Calvaliers. I also remember watching lots of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon at that time. Shows like George of the Jungle (2007), Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Johnny Test, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, SpongeBob, The Mighty B!, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, El Tigre, Fairly OddParents, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, etc. were my absolute favorites to watch. My next door neighbor always came over to my house and me and my brother would play football with him. Every weekend I'd ride my bike with my siblings. I remember going to my cousin's house for Easter where we had an egg hunt and we played their Gamecube games, like Sonic, NBA Live, and Need for Speed. I also remember going to a pot luck and watching "Fairly OddBaby" when Poof was added to the show. My little sister and I would always read Biscuit books (my little sister was in kindergarten at the time). My older brother (who was in middle school at the time) played the clarinet and one time we both rushed home after his band class to watch the premiere of the SpongeBob episode "Pest of the West" and I remember getting a Nintendo DS Lite the next day. I was really into Hank the Cowdog books at the time and I remember reading over half of the book series in a few months. One of my best friends had a birthday party and we saw Speed Racer (2008 film) at the Palladium theater. He lived on a hill and we had Nerf gun fights and rode his Ripstix skateboard down the hill. My other friend in my fourth grade class had a PSP and I would always sit by him on the bus and watch him play it. He had the game 300 (based on the movie) and some other racing games. In the summer I watched so many fun television blocks, Har Har Tharsdays on Cartoon Network, and Nonstop Five at 5 on Nickelodeon. My parents would always watch Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Beijing Olympics, Barack Obama election at the evening time and I would watch it while eating dinner. My siblings and I had a bunch of water balloons and we would always have water fights in our backyard. Nicktoons Network was a cool exclusive channel and they had cool shows on like Three Delivery, Ricky Sprocket, Making Fiends, Edgar and Ellen, etc. and I'd always watch those before bed. During Fourth of July, Cartoon Network had this huge Chowder marathon and I remember watching it at my cousin's house and we played his GameCube games like F-Zero Racing, Tony Hawk, and SpongeBob Movie game. There was a summer program in my city called "College for Kids" and me and my brother would go there every summer. Everyone there had a Nintendo DS and it felt amazing to have a DS like everyone else. At the end of the summer, I put on a big birthday party for my little sister. We decorated the house with decorations and we designed our game room like an arcade. We drew and colored tickets and we distributed the tickets after you played video games or air hockey (we had an air hockey table at the time) and we used McDonalds toys as prizes you get after redeeming tickets. It was so creative and kind. During the fall, I entered fifth grade and we got Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for our GameCube!!! I played the heck out of the game in fifth grade!!!!!!!! It was so addicting!!!!  Me and my siblings also watched afterschool cartoons on Boomerang like Gerald McBoing-Boing, Baby Looney Tunes, Krypto the Superdog, etc. I would always rush my homework to watch those with my little sister afterschool. My school had a county fair and I went to that. Shows like Chowder, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Mighty B! and Total Drama Island were airing the best episodes that fall. My friends at my church would always watch the Canadian episodes of Total Drama Island before they aired on CN. So many awesome childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!! :D I also drew a lot of comic books at that time and I would send them in the mail to my friends. I remember going to a birthday party with inflatables and a dunk tank. I also remember buying Captain Underpants and the Prespammersite Plot of the Purple Potty People and reading the whole book in one sitting. I also got my first detention in fifth grade (I was always drawing in class) During Thanksgiving I played so much Double Dash, and watched a marathon of new SpongeBob, Mighty B and Fairly OddParents episodes on Nick and a marathon of Tom and Jerry, Chowder and the series finale of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends movie Destination Imagination on CN and Madagascar 2 in Theaters. I actually got a fever from so much stimulation of entertainment, and I was excited when Barrack Obama won the election. During Christmas I got a Tom and Jerry DVD, Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. My brother also got a DS Lite and we would play DS Download Play all the time that Christmas break. My brother had a band performance in Dallas, TX and we travels there to see him perform in the Cotton Bowl parade. I actually saw him on TV in the hotel room I was in!!!!!!

Sorry that was so long, 2008 was an INCREDIBLE year for me. I would say 2018 has NOTHING in common with 2008, so much has changed and the world is a competley different place entertainment/culture-wise. 2008 is a core 2000's year, probably the last extremely 2000's-esque year. 2009-2011 was a little like the 2000's. but a lot like the 2010's at the same time. If time travel was real I'd definitely go back in time to 2008. Being a teen/young adult just isn't the same. :(

That was interesting my brother was 11 in 2008.  :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 12:01 pm

Man oh boy!!! I LOVED 2008!!!!! It ties with 2004 as the greatest year of my life. I was 10 years old in 2008 so I was really young and didn't have much life experience. But ignorance is bliss, isn't it?  :)

In 2008, I went to my first Spurs game. It was such a fun experience because it was on my tenth birthday. I remember it was Spurs VS Calvaliers. I also remember watching lots of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon at that time. Shows like George of the Jungle (2007), Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Johnny Test, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, SpongeBob, The Mighty B!, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, El Tigre, Fairly OddParents, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, etc. were my absolute favorites to watch. My next door neighbor always came over to my house and me and my brother would play football with him. Every weekend I'd ride my bike with my siblings. I remember going to my cousin's house for Easter where we had an egg hunt and we played their Gamecube games, like Sonic, NBA Live, and Need for Speed. I also remember going to a pot luck and watching "Fairly OddBaby" when Poof was added to the show. My little sister and I would always read Biscuit books (my little sister was in kindergarten at the time). My older brother (who was in middle school at the time) played the clarinet and one time we both rushed home after his band class to watch the premiere of the SpongeBob episode "Pest of the West" and I remember getting a Nintendo DS Lite the next day. I was really into Hank the Cowdog books at the time and I remember reading over half of the book series in a few months. One of my best friends had a birthday party and we saw Speed Racer (2008 film) at the Palladium theater. He lived on a hill and we had Nerf gun fights and rode his Ripstix skateboard down the hill. My other friend in my fourth grade class had a PSP and I would always sit by him on the bus and watch him play it. He had the game 300 (based on the movie) and some other racing games. In the summer I watched so many fun television blocks, Har Har Tharsdays on Cartoon Network, and Nonstop Five at 5 on Nickelodeon. My parents would always watch Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Beijing Olympics, Barack Obama election at the evening time and I would watch it while eating dinner. My siblings and I had a bunch of water balloons and we would always have water fights in our backyard. Nicktoons Network was a cool exclusive channel and they had cool shows on like Three Delivery, Ricky Sprocket, Making Fiends, Edgar and Ellen, etc. and I'd always watch those before bed. During Fourth of July, Cartoon Network had this huge Chowder marathon and I remember watching it at my cousin's house and we played his GameCube games like F-Zero Racing, Tony Hawk, and SpongeBob Movie game. There was a summer program in my city called "College for Kids" and me and my brother would go there every summer. Everyone there had a Nintendo DS and it felt amazing to have a DS like everyone else. At the end of the summer, I put on a big birthday party for my little sister. We decorated the house with decorations and we designed our game room like an arcade. We drew and colored tickets and we distributed the tickets after you played video games or air hockey (we had an air hockey table at the time) and we used McDonalds toys as prizes you get after redeeming tickets. It was so creative and kind. During the fall, I entered fifth grade and we got Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for our GameCube!!! I played the heck out of the game in fifth grade!!!!!!!! It was so addicting!!!!  Me and my siblings also watched afterschool cartoons on Boomerang like Gerald McBoing-Boing, Baby Looney Tunes, Krypto the Superdog, etc. I would always rush my homework to watch those with my little sister afterschool. My school had a county fair and I went to that. Shows like Chowder, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Mighty B! and Total Drama Island were airing the best episodes that fall. My friends at my church would always watch the Canadian episodes of Total Drama Island before they aired on CN. So many awesome childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!! :D I also drew a lot of comic books at that time and I would send them in the mail to my friends. I remember going to a birthday party with inflatables and a dunk tank. I also remember buying Captain Underpants and the Prespammersite Plot of the Purple Potty People and reading the whole book in one sitting. I also got my first detention in fifth grade (I was always drawing cartoons in class) During Thanksgiving I played so much Double Dash, and watched a marathon of new SpongeBob, Mighty B and Fairly OddParents episodes on Nick and a marathon of Tom and Jerry, Chowder and the series finale of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends movie Destination Imagination on CN and Madagascar 2 in Theaters. I actually got a fever from so much stimulation of entertainment, and I was excited when Barrack Obama won the election. During Christmas I got a Tom and Jerry DVD, Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. My brother also got a DS Lite and we would play DS Download Play all the time that Christmas break. My brother had a band performance in Dallas, TX and we travels there to see him perform in the Cotton Bowl parade. I actually saw him on TV in the hotel room I was in!!!!!!

Sorry that was so long, 2008 was an INCREDIBLE year for me. I would say 2018 has NOTHING in common with 2008, so much has changed and the world is a competley different place entertainment/culture-wise. 2008 is a core 2000's year, probably the last extremely 2000's-esque year. 2009-2011 was a little like the 2000's. but a lot like the 2010's at the same time. If time travel was real I'd definitely go back in time to 2008. Being a teen/young adult just isn't the same. :(

Wow, that's a long post. Anyways, I'm glad that you loved 2008. I loved 2008 as well.

We're also both late '90s babies. You were born in '98 and I was born in '99.

Written By: Dundee on 03/29/18 at 12:04 pm

In 2008, I went to my first Spurs game. It was such a fun experience because it was on my tenth birthday. I remember it was Spurs VS Calvaliers. I also remember watching lots of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon at that time. Shows like George of the Jungle (2007), Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Johnny Test, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, SpongeBob, The Mighty B!, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, El Tigre, Fairly OddParents, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, etc. were my absolute favorites to watch. My next door neighbor always came over to my house and me and my brother would play football with him. Every weekend I'd ride my bike with my siblings. I remember going to my cousin's house for Easter where we had an egg hunt and we played their Gamecube games, like Sonic, NBA Live, and Need for Speed. I also remember going to a pot luck and watching "Fairly OddBaby" when Poof was added to the show. My little sister and I would always read Biscuit books (my little sister was in kindergarten at the time). My older brother (who was in middle school at the time) played the clarinet and one time we both rushed home after his band class to watch the premiere of the SpongeBob episode "Pest of the West" and I remember getting a Nintendo DS Lite the next day. I was really into Hank the Cowdog books at the time and I remember reading over half of the book series in a few months. One of my best friends had a birthday party and we saw Speed Racer (2008 film) at the Palladium theater. He lived on a hill and we had Nerf gun fights and rode his Ripstix skateboard down the hill. My other friend in my fourth grade class had a PSP and I would always sit by him on the bus and watch him play it. He had the game 300 (based on the movie) and some other racing games. In the summer I watched so many fun television blocks, Har Har Tharsdays on Cartoon Network, and Nonstop Five at 5 on Nickelodeon. My parents would always watch Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Beijing Olympics, Barack Obama election at the evening time and I would watch it while eating dinner. My siblings and I had a bunch of water balloons and we would always have water fights in our backyard. Nicktoons Network was a cool exclusive channel and they had cool shows on like Three Delivery, Ricky Sprocket, Making Fiends, Edgar and Ellen, etc. and I'd always watch those before bed. During Fourth of July, Cartoon Network had this huge Chowder marathon and I remember watching it at my cousin's house and we played his GameCube games like F-Zero Racing, Tony Hawk, and SpongeBob Movie game. There was a summer program in my city called "College for Kids" and me and my brother would go there every summer. Everyone there had a Nintendo DS and it felt amazing to have a DS like everyone else. At the end of the summer, I put on a big birthday party for my little sister. We decorated the house with decorations and we designed our game room like an arcade. We drew and colored tickets and we distributed the tickets after you played video games or air hockey (we had an air hockey table at the time) and we used McDonalds toys as prizes you get after redeeming tickets. It was so creative and kind. During the fall, I entered fifth grade and we got Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for our GameCube!!! I played the heck out of the game in fifth grade!!!!!!!! It was so addicting!!!!  Me and my siblings also watched afterschool cartoons on Boomerang like Gerald McBoing-Boing, Baby Looney Tunes, Krypto the Superdog, etc. I would always rush my homework to watch those with my little sister afterschool. My school had a county fair and I went to that. Shows like Chowder, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Mighty B! and Total Drama Island were airing the best episodes that fall. My friends at my church would always watch the Canadian episodes of Total Drama Island before they aired on CN. So many awesome childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!! :D I also drew a lot of comic books at that time and I would send them in the mail to my friends. I remember going to a birthday party with inflatabqles and a dunk tank. I also remember buying Captain Underpants and the Prespammersite Plot of the Purple Potty People and reading the whole book in one sitting. I also got my first detention in fifth grade (I was always drawing cartoons in class) During Thanksgiving I played so much Double Dash, and watched a marathon of new SpongeBob, Mighty B and Fairly OddParents episodes on Nick and a marathon of Tom and Jerry, Chowder and the series finale of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends movie Destination Imagination on CN and Madagascar 2 in Theaters. I actually got a fever from so much stimulation of entertainment, and I was excited when Barrack Obama won the election. During Christmas I got a Tom and Jerry DVD, Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. My brother also got a DS Lite and we would play DS Download Play all the time that Christmas break. My brother had a band performance in Dallas, TX and we travels there to see him perform in the Cotton Bowl parade. I actually saw him on TV in the hotel room I was in!!!!!!

YASS, a 98 born! Such a rare thing, my prayers have been heard!

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/29/18 at 12:45 pm

Man oh boy!!! I LOVED 2008!!!!! Can't believe it's been a whole decade. Time sure does fly!!! It ties with 2004 as the greatest year of my life. I was 10 years old in 2008 so I was really young and didn't have much life experience. But ignorance is bliss, isn't it?  :)

In 2008, I went to my first Spurs game. It was such a fun experience because it was on my tenth birthday. I remember it was Spurs VS Calvaliers. I also remember watching lots of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon at that time. Shows like George of the Jungle (2007), Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Johnny Test, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, SpongeBob, The Mighty B!, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, El Tigre, Fairly OddParents, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, etc. were my absolute favorites to watch. My next door neighbor always came over to my house and me and my brother would play football with him. Every weekend I'd ride my bike with my siblings. I remember going to my cousin's house for Easter where we had an egg hunt and we played their Gamecube games, like Sonic, NBA Live, and Need for Speed. I also remember going to a pot luck and watching "Fairly OddBaby" when Poof was added to the show. My little sister and I would always read Biscuit books (my little sister was in kindergarten at the time). My older brother (who was in middle school at the time) played the clarinet and one time we both rushed home after his band class to watch the premiere of the SpongeBob episode "Pest of the West" and I remember getting a Nintendo DS Lite the next day. I was really into Hank the Cowdog books at the time and I remember reading over half of the book series in a few months. One of my best friends had a birthday party and we saw Speed Racer (2008 film) at the Palladium theater. He lived on a hill and we had Nerf gun fights and rode his Ripstix skateboard down the hill. My other friend in my fourth grade class had a PSP and I would always sit by him on the bus and watch him play it. He had the game 300 (based on the movie) and some other racing games. In the summer I watched so many fun television blocks, Har Har Tharsdays on Cartoon Network, and Nonstop Five at 5 on Nickelodeon. My parents would always watch Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Beijing Olympics, Barack Obama election at the evening time and I would watch it while eating dinner. My siblings and I had a bunch of water balloons and we would always have water fights in our backyard. Nicktoons Network was a cool exclusive channel and they had cool shows on like Three Delivery, Ricky Sprocket, Making Fiends, Edgar and Ellen, etc. and I'd always watch those before bed. During Fourth of July, Cartoon Network had this huge Chowder marathon and I remember watching it at my cousin's house and we played his GameCube games like F-Zero Racing, Tony Hawk, and SpongeBob Movie game. There was a summer program in my city called "College for Kids" and me and my brother would go there every summer. Everyone there had a Nintendo DS and it felt amazing to have a DS like everyone else. At the end of the summer, I put on a big birthday party for my little sister. We decorated the house with decorations and we designed our game room like an arcade. We drew and colored tickets and we distributed the tickets after you played video games or air hockey (we had an air hockey table at the time) and we used McDonalds toys as prizes you get after redeeming tickets. It was so creative and kind. During the fall, I entered fifth grade and we got Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for our GameCube!!! I played the heck out of the game in fifth grade!!!!!!!! It was so addicting!!!!  Me and my siblings also watched afterschool cartoons on Boomerang like Gerald McBoing-Boing, Baby Looney Tunes, Krypto the Superdog, etc. I would always rush my homework to watch those with my little sister afterschool. My school had a county fair and I went to that. Shows like Chowder, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Mighty B! and Total Drama Island were airing the best episodes that fall. My friends at my church would always watch the Canadian episodes of Total Drama Island before they aired on CN. So many awesome childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!! :D I also drew a lot of comic books at that time and I would send them in the mail to my friends. I remember going to a birthday party with inflatabqles and a dunk tank. I also remember buying a Captain Underpants book and reading the whole book in one sitting. I also got my first detention in fifth grade (I was always drawing cartoons in class) During Thanksgiving I played so much Double Dash, and watched a marathon of new SpongeBob, Mighty B and Fairly OddParents episodes on Nick and a marathon of Tom and Jerry, Chowder and the series finale of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends movie Destination Imagination on CN and Madagascar 2 in Theaters. I actually got a fever from so much stimulation of entertainment, and I was excited when Barrack Obama won the election. During Christmas I got a Tom and Jerry DVD, Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. My brother also got a DS Lite and we would play DS Download Play all the time that Christmas break. My brother had a band performance in Dallas, TX and we traveled there to see him perform in the Cotton Bowl parade. I actually saw him on TV in the hotel room I was in!!!!!!

Sorry that was so long, 2008 was an INCREDIBLE year for me. I would say 2018 has NOTHING in common with 2008, so much has changed and the world is a competley different place entertainment/culture-wise. 2008 is a core 2000's year, probably the last extremely 2000's-esque year. 2009-2011 was a little like the 2000's. but a lot like the 2010's at the same time. If time travel was real I'd definitely go back in time to 2008, during my childhood. Being a teen/young adult just isn't the same. :(

I'm also a big fan of 2008, I was 9 that year, while I wouldn't time travel back to it, it'd be cool if eventually some simulator was created in the future that allowed you to go through realistic simulations of certain time periods (including 2008), which may sound unlikely to happen, but you never know with how much VR has been advancing.

;D Yeah, there don't seem to be that many active 98'ers here for some reason. It seems like there's a lot more 1999 and 2002 borns when compared to all the other surrounding late 90's and early 00's years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 12:56 pm

;D Yeah, there don't seem to be that many active 98'ers here for some reason. It seems like there's a lot more 1999 and 2002 borns when compared to all the other surrounding late 90's and early 00's years.

DesiredUsernameWasTaken (1998)
Longaotian00 (2000)
unicornic (2001)

There are some others that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/29/18 at 4:02 pm

Longaotian00 (2000)
unicornic (2001)

There's also SmartBo1 (born in 2001.)

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/29/18 at 4:28 pm

There's also SmartBo1 (born in 2001.)

Longaotian00 (2000)
unicornic (2001)

Yeah, I know them and a lot of the others, it just seems like there's more people born in 1999 and 2002 than all the other years I was referring to. There does seem to be a decent amount of 97'ers now though. :)

Written By: Wobo on 03/29/18 at 4:29 pm

Yeah, I know them and a lot of the others, it just seems like there's more people born in 1999 and 2002 than all the other years I was referring to. There does seem to be a decent amount of 97'ers now though. :)

Like Dundee he was born in 1997

Written By: Dundee on 03/29/18 at 4:55 pm

Like Dundee he was born in 1997
Yup, and your bro you keep talking about too, right :P

Written By: Wobo on 03/29/18 at 4:56 pm

Yup, and your bro you keep talking about too, right :P

Yeppp

Written By: ofkx on 03/29/18 at 5:17 pm

Yeppp

You have a brother on here?

Written By: Wobo on 03/29/18 at 5:20 pm

You have a brother on here?

No. I just talk about him sometimes on here.

Written By: gotuokere on 03/29/18 at 6:02 pm

Wow, that's a long post. Anyways, I'm glad that you loved 2008. I loved 2008 as well.

We're also both late '90s babies. You were born in '98 and I was born in '99.

Yes, that is correct, I was born in 1998. So I grew up heavily in the 2000's. What a time to be alive! So many awesome childhood memories from the 2000's, 2008 being one of the absolute best years of my whole life. Everything amazing happened to me that year, I'll never forget it. I was 10 years old in 2008, now I'm 20 years old in 2018, a whole decade later. I have seen times change over the past 10 years, I can tell you that much. I miss 2008 so much, but this year hasn't been too bad. Like shows like The Loud House and games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are pretty good. Plus I've made a lot of new friends at my college, too, and I still call my brother everyday and text my best friend every now and then And fortunately there are websites like YouTube, watchcartoononline, Internet Archive, etc. that lets you watch old cartoons and commercial breaks from my childhood. So yeah, there's still a lot to be thankful for. :)

Written By: Brian06 on 03/29/18 at 10:43 pm

2008 was the peak of my Rihanna years probably. I made this blog about her back then and listened to a ridiculous amount of Rihanna and was always bragging about her.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 10:46 pm

2008 was the peak of my Rihanna years probably. I made this blog about her back then and listened to a ridiculous amount of Rihanna and was always bragging about her.

Were you in love with her? http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wub.gif

Written By: Brian06 on 03/29/18 at 10:52 pm

Were you in love with her? http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wub.gif

Definitely. Yeah I always thought she was hot and I liked her music and she's about my age. I still love RiRi but I'm not obsessed anymore, and I'm especially nostalgic for her early days in the mid-late '00s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 10:54 pm

Definitely. Yeah I always thought she was hot and I liked her music and she's about my age. I still love RiRi but I'm not obsessed anymore, and I'm especially nostalgic for her early days in the mid-late '00s.

I understand. RiRi is an attractive woman.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/29/18 at 11:01 pm

I still like a lot of Rihanna's songs today.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/29/18 at 11:02 pm

I still like a lot of Rihanna's songs today.

I remember when "Pon de Replay" came out in 2005, I loved it but I thought she was gonna be a one hit wonder at first!  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 11:22 pm

I remember when "Pon de Replay" came out in 2005, I loved it but I thought she was gonna be a one hit wonder at first!  ;D

Nah, I always thought that she was going to be a star! :D

It's crazy that she was only 17 when "Pon de Replay" was tearing up the charts :D.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/29/18 at 11:26 pm

Nah, I always thought that she was going to be a star! :D

It's crazy that she was only 17 when "Pon de Replay" was tearing up the charts :D.

Yeah I know that is crazy. She made quality music for a 17 year old. Who are the youngest artists that have big hits right now? I don't follow much anymore.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 11:28 pm

Yeah I know that is crazy. She made quality music for a 17 year old. Who are the youngest artists that have big hits right now? I don't follow much anymore.

Lil Pump (17), Bhad Bhabie (15), Shawn Mendes (19), Camila Cabello (21), Khalid (20), XXXTentacion (20).

Written By: Brian06 on 03/29/18 at 11:33 pm

Lil Pump (17), Bhad Bhabie (15), Shawn Mendes (19), Camila Cabello (20), Khalid (19), XXXTentacion (19).

Yeah that's what I expected I guess. "Bhad Bhabie" is especially extremely young though. "Bhad Bhabie"...my god artists names are getting more ridiculous every day.  ;D

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/29/18 at 11:36 pm

Lil Pump (17), Bhad Bhabie (15), Shawn Mendes (19), Camila Cabello (20), Khalid (19), XXXTentacion (19).

X turned 20 in January, Khalid turned 20 in February, and Camila Cabello turned 21 at the beginning of March. Idk why I know these things. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 11:36 pm

Yeah that's what I expected I guess. "Bhad Bhabie" is especially extremely young though. "Bhad Bhabie"...my god artists names are getting more ridiculous every day.  ;D

"Bhad Bhabie" is Danielle Bregoli - the "Cash Me Outside Girl". She just turned 15 on March 26th, 4 days ago.

Yeah, a lot of artists names today are terrible ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 11:37 pm

X turned 20 in January, Khalid turned 20 in February, and Camila Cabello turned 21 at the beginning of March. Idk why I know these things. ;D

Still pretty young. I'll edit my original post :P.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/29/18 at 11:41 pm

I do like Camila Cabello. Her music is actually pretty good too.  :-*

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/29/18 at 11:47 pm

Still pretty young. I'll edit my original post :P.

Yeah, 19 and 20 year olds seem to comprise the majority of the youngest popular artists, there really aren't that many big 17-18 year olds, and besides Lil Pump, no one currently under 20 has had a top 20 hit this year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 11:53 pm

Yeah, 19 and 20 year olds seem to comprise the majority of the youngest popular artists, there really aren't that many big 17-18 year olds, and besides Lil Pump, no one currently under 20 has had a top 20 hit this year.

There is a rapper named "NBA Youngboy" who was born in October 1999 who has had some viral hits in the past year.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 12:00 am

There is a rapper named "NBA Youngboy" who was born in October 1999 who has had some viral hits in the past year.

I'm just 17 with a whole lotta money.  8)

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 12:07 am

Oh, yeah, him. His highest charting song peaked two weeks ago at #31, Outside Today. I'm surprised he's 18 and has 4 kids.

Trippie Redd is another rapper who has gotten some mainstream attention and he's 18, born June 1999. I have a feeling he'll be one of the ten rappers on the 2018 XXL freshman list. YoungBoy might be too.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:08 am

Oh, yeah, him. His highest charting song peaked two weeks ago at #31, Outside Today. I'm surprised he's 18 and has 4 kids.

Trippie Redd is another rapper who has gotten some mainstream attention and he's 18, born June 1999. I have a feeling he'll be one of the ten rappers on the 2018 XXL freshman list. YoungBoy might be too.

Yeah...unfortunately :-X.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:09 am

WTF  :o

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 12:10 am

There's a rapper named 6ix9ine he's been popular lately and he's a 1996 born.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:13 am

I think these guys make '90s babies look bad.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 12:15 am

There's already 2000s babies rappers
Lil Pump,Tay K,Matt Ox

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/30/18 at 12:15 am

At least a 90's baby didn't make "Gucci Gang" and got famous for being rude to her mother on Dr. Phil.  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:17 am

They are :-\\.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 12:17 am

At least a 90's baby didn't make "Gucci Gang" and got famous for being rude to her mother on Dr. Phil.  ;D

I dislike 2003 borns now thank you.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:18 am

Thankfully I'm an '80s baby!  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 12:19 am

80s babies are better rappers than 90s babies (Logic,Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator is an exception dey awesome)

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:19 am

80s babies are better rappers than 90s babies (Logic is an exception he's awesome)

Yeah I agree. We have good rappers in our ranks.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:20 am

You guys have Chris Brown...and I like him http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/hubie.png.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 12:20 am

2000s babies rappers are already worse we already have a 13 year old rapper.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 12:25 am

You guys have Chris Brown...and I like him http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/hubie.png.

They have Frank Ocean too, and Frank Ocean is amazing. :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:28 am

That's not why I mentioned CB ;D.

You don't get it? :P

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:29 am

That's not why I mentioned CB ;D.

You don't get it? :P

Is it because I like Rihanna?  ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:30 am

Because he's a horrible rapper.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:31 am

Yes! http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/QbadP.png

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 12:32 am

Lol, sorry for acting daft. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:33 am

Because he's a horrible rapper.

He's just OK as a rapper but not horrible.

Chris Brown doesn't have the best behavioral record...that's why I mentioned him.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:34 am

Lol, sorry for acting daft. ;D

It's OK http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/pachah1.png.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:34 am

Honestly it didn't hit me at first (no pun intended) and then I'm like duh of course! Wasn't that incident between the two of them already around 10 years ago now? Kinda hard to believe.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:34 am

90s babies are still young. Our rappers will get better with age. We have to weed out the bad ones first  ;D.

At least we have Joey Bada$$ though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:35 am

Honestly it didn't hit me at first (no pun intended) and then I'm like duh of course! Wasn't that incident between the two of them already around 10 years ago now? Kinda hard to believe.

It happened in 2009. Almost 10 years, yeah it's crazy.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:36 am

2000s babies rappers are already worse we already have a 13 year old rapper.

80s babies have Lil Bow Wow  ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:37 am

90s babies are still young. Our rappers will get better with age. We have to weed out the bad ones first  ;D.

At least we have Joey Bada$$ though.

We also have Chance the Rapper and Migos.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:37 am

I still listen to and kinda like (Lil) Bow Wow's music...is that bad?  ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:38 am

80s babies have Lil Bow Wow  ;)

ll087NyIpNk

Nope.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:39 am

ll087NyIpNk
Nope.

Wow 1993 rapping as a 6 year old that's really cool so old school.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:40 am

ll087NyIpNk
Nope.

Damn, that's when I was born.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:42 am

Damn, that's when I was born.

Wow 1993 rapping as a 6 year old that's really cool so old school.

Yep yep, I agree.

Bow Wow had lots of talent. I don't know what he did with it... :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:42 am

Yes.

Nah. I still listen to him sometimes. He also performed at the very first concert I went to. In total, I've seen him about 3 times.  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 12:44 am

Yes.

Nah. I still listen to him sometimes. He also performed at the very first concert I went to. In total, I've seen him about 3 times.  ;D

"Let Me Hold You" brings back lots of memories of being 18. I miss those days.  :\'(

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:46 am

"Let Me Hold You" brings back lots of memories of being 18. I miss those days.  :\'(

I do too bro! "Let Me Hold You" is very nostalgic for me. I was obsessed with Omarion back then as well. It really takes me back. As stated before, 2005 was one of my favorite years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:49 am

I was really young when Bow Wow blew up but his music was the f*cking jam!

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dj2.gif    https://m.popkey.co/76409e/863pK_s-200x150.gif

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 12:52 am

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dj2.gif    https://m.popkey.co/76409e/863pK_s-200x150.gif

That's the original Harlem Shake right there boy!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 12:54 am

That's the original Harlem Shake right there boy!

FACTS! http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/datazzsmall.png

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 1:01 am

I never even knew who Bow Wow was in the 2000's. I just now looked up Bow Wow songs, didn't recognize any of the titles and listened to Let Me Hold You, but don't recognize it.

How big would you say he was? Like the equivalent of 2010 Justin Bieber?

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 1:07 am

I never even knew who Bow Wow was in the 2000's. I just now looked up Bow Wow songs, didn't recognize any of the titles and listened to Let Me Hold You, but don't recognize it.

How big would you say he was? Like the equivalent of 2010 Justin Bieber?

I think Bieber was bigger, but still Bow Wow was big. He was like big at like two different times it seems to me, circa 2000 as a 13 year old then was big again circa 2005 at 18. But yeah Bieber was such a ridiculously MASSIVE sensation for a while, I don't think he tops that.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 1:15 am

JoJo also had a hit at age 13 in 2004 "Leave (Get Out)". Great song! Definitely one of the anthems of my teen years.  8)

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 1:15 am

I think Bieber was bigger, but still Bow Wow was big. He was like big at like two different times it seems to me, circa 2000 as a 13 year old then was big again circa 2005 at 18. But yeah Bieber was such a ridiculously MASSIVE sensation for a while, I don't think he tops that.

Beiber was bigger than Bow Wow. JB was a teen pop star and bow wow a rapper. I feel like Bow Wow was bigger in the early 2000s than the mid 2000s. I also think Bow Wow's relationship with Ciara helped him out in 2005. I could be wrong but, when Let Me Hold You came out, I was anticipating a reference to Ciara in the video.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 1:16 am

Beiber was bigger than Bow Wow. JB was a teen pop star and bow wow a rapper. I feel like Bow Wow was bigger in the early 2000s than the mid 2000s. I also think Bow Wow's relationship with Ciara helped him out in 2005. I could be wrong but when Let Me Hold You came out, I was anticipating a reference to Ciara in the video.

They had that song together too "Like You".

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 1:17 am

They had that song together too "Like You".

I'd say that song also helped him out. His 3rd single "Freshasimizz" (or however you spell it lol) wasn't  as big as the other singles.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 1:20 am

Bow Wow and JoJo actually had a song together back in 2004 too! "Baby It's You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP23xos4704

Well he was in one of the mixes of that song, I don't see him on this video though.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 1:26 am

Beiber was bigger than Bow Wow. JB was a teen pop star and bow wow a rapper. I feel like Bow Wow was bigger in the early 2000s than the mid 2000s. I also think Bow Wow's relationship with Ciara helped him out in 2005. I could be wrong but, when Let Me Hold You came out, I was anticipating a reference to Ciara in the video.

I feel like I wasn't very aware of rap music in the mid 2000's, mostly just heard crossovers that would go on top 40 stations like Kanye West, so that may be why I didn't know him. Or maybe my parents just changed the station or something when his music was on, neither of them have ever liked much rap.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 1:27 am

I feel like I wasn't very aware of rap music in the mid 2000's, mostly just heard crossovers that would go on top 40 stations like Kanye West, so that may be why I didn't know him. Or maybe my parents just changed the station or something when his music was on, neither of them have ever liked much rap.

You were only 5 or 6 so it is understandable.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 1:36 am

Bow Wow and JoJo actually had a song together back in 2004 too! "Baby It's You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP23xos4704

Well he was in one of the mixes of that song, I don't see him on this video though.

😍😍😍
When she first stepped into the scene, I thought she was 16 years old Come to find out, she was only 13! As a young girl, I wanted to be like her.  Her voice even at 13/14 was amazing.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 1:38 am

😍😍😍
When she first stepped into the scene, I thought she was 16 years old Come to find out, she was only 13! As a young girl, I wanted to be like her.  Her voice even at 13/14 was amazing.

Yeah I know I was shocked she was only 13 at the time too!

Written By: Howard on 03/30/18 at 5:38 am

Are you referring to Danielle Bregoli? ::) BTW she just had a birthday the other day.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/18 at 5:40 am

I'm a 70's baby.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/18 at 5:41 am

and so is Billy Ocean.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 2:31 pm

and so is Billy Ocean.

No, Billy Ocean is not an '80s baby. He was born in 1950.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/18 at 3:19 pm

No, Billy Ocean is not an '80s baby. He was born in 1950.

I know that, I was making a joke because his last name is not "Ocean", it's Charles.

Written By: Wobo on 05/25/18 at 5:53 pm

I think around 2008 i had WALL E shoes when i was 4 lol.

Written By: Henf89 on 05/26/18 at 4:50 am

On a societal level, yes, it feels about 10 years ago. The tech and politics/cuture seems very very dated.
On a personal scale it feels hard to really accept that the memories from that year are a decade old. I was 12/13, enjoying life, and my future seemed a lot brighter than how it has turned out.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/26/18 at 9:14 am

On a societal level, yes, it feels about 10 years ago. The tech and politics/cuture seems very very dated.
On a personal scale it feels hard to really accept that the memories from that year are a decade old.

That's exactly how it feels.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/26/18 at 12:06 pm

I did a poem about this called 08 vs 18 where i talked about my life as a 12 yr old kid to now at almost 22. It's weird that 08 was a decade ago, I remember back in 08 people where saying the same thing about 98.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 05/27/18 at 4:09 am

On a personal scale it feels hard to really accept that the memories from that year are a decade old. I was 12/13, enjoying life, and my future seemed a lot brighter than how it has turned out.

I always thought of 2006-2010 as being "high tech".

I can't say the tech/culture seems changed that much compared to now.

In what way?

I've never really been that connected to tech/culture anyhow.

Tech wise,

There is just more integration now in terms of companies like Google and Facebook being seen on local business windows and most major companies having apps to promote their businesses, but back in '08 I think Apple was the only company building apps.

Self scan checkouts have been around since about '06-08.

I agree with you about finding it hard to accept that '08 was 10 years ago.

Back then, I was 18 with my whole life ahead of me.

My life did not turn out how I wanted it to, my prime years were spent needlessly in isolation on the computer and forums, I didn't get to pickup chicks, I don't really have any memories from back then.

I don't know what to do.

I cling on to the past trying to pretend it's not a long time ago when it is :-\\

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 05/27/18 at 4:12 am

I did a poem about this called 08 vs 18 where i talked about my life as a 12 yr old kid to now at almost 22. It's weird that 08 was a decade ago, I remember back in 08 people where saying the same thing about 98.

Post it, would be nice to read :)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/27/18 at 1:00 pm

Post it, would be nice to read :)
Here it is. jDBkocWS8Vs

Written By: Henf89 on 05/27/18 at 3:47 pm

I always thought of 2006-2010 as being "high tech".

I can't say the tech/culture seems changed that much compared to now.

In what way?

I've never really been that connected to tech/culture anyhow.

Tech wise,

There is just more integration now in terms of companies like Google and Facebook being seen on local business windows and most major companies having apps to promote their businesses, but back in '08 I think Apple was the only company building apps.

Self scan checkouts have been around since about '06-08.

I agree with you about finding it hard to accept that '08 was 10 years ago.

Back then, I was 18 with my whole life ahead of me.

My life did not turn out how I wanted it to, my prime years were spent needlessly in isolation on the computer and forums, I didn't get to pickup chicks, I don't really have any memories from back then.

I don't know what to do.

I cling on to the past trying to pretend it's not a long time ago when it is :-\\

Its almost drastically different tech wise imo. Smartphones, total social media integration with everyday life, streaming, HD video, desktops being phased out. The experience of a teen in 2008 and 2018 are a very different world altogether. Culturally we have seen different shifts via the SJW and alt-right era coming in around 2014, also the fact that Obama and Trump replaced the 2008 president Bush.

That said, when you zoom out far enough, the late 2008-present does form one big societal era, which is something thats been mentioned a few other times by people on here.

On the whole wasted youth thing, yeah I can relate entirely. I feel like my best years have passed in a blur of complete isolation and if I dwell on it for too long I start to feel like vomiting. My entire 13-23 era has been flushed away with vanishingly few social memories associated with it.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/12/18 at 11:19 am

I don't know why these rappers didn't cross my mind when I originally typed this thread. Vince Staples, Vic Mensa, Joey Badass, Chance the Rapper, Casey Veggies, GoldLink, Isaiah Rashad, YG, Earl Sweatshirt, Joey Purp and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting like the whole Save money crew and Cardi B if you wanna include her. We aren't going to claim Logic though because Logic is corny  ;D

80s babies and 90s babies were the pushers of the "Hip-Hop Renaissance" era of the early 2010s. Most of the new rappers from that era were born in the 80s and 90s so we solidified a legendary era in hip-hop. We're good lol.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/12/18 at 11:23 am

😍😍😍

Ok. I forgot that fast that she was born in the 90s too. Terrible memory I have.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/12/18 at 11:24 am

I don't know why these rappers didn't cross my mind when I originally typed this thread. Vince Staples, Vic Mensa, Joey Badass, Chance the Rapper, Casey Veggies, GoldLink, Isaiah Rashad, YG, Earl Sweatshirt, Joey Purp and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting like the whole Save money crew and Cardi B if you wanna include her. We aren't going to claim Logic though because Logic is corny  :D.

80s babies and 90s babies were the pushers of the "Hip-Hop Renaissance" era of the early 2010s. Most of the new rappers from that era were born in the 80s and 90s so we solidified a legendary era in hip-hop. We're good lol.

Yep 8).

Written By: John Titor on 07/12/18 at 11:56 am

Its almost drastically different tech wise imo. Smartphones, total social media integration with everyday life, streaming, HD video, desktops being phased out. The experience of a teen in 2008 and 2018 are a very different world altogether. Culturally we have seen different shifts via the SJW and alt-right era coming in around 2014, also the fact that Obama and Trump replaced the 2008 president Bush.

That said, when you zoom out far enough, the late 2008-present does form one big societal era, which is something thats been mentioned a few other times by people on here.

On the whole wasted youth thing, yeah I can relate entirely. I feel like my best years have passed in a blur of complete isolation and if I dwell on it for too long I start to feel like vomiting. My entire 13-23 era has been flushed away with vanishingly few social memories associated with it.

2008-2016  fixed

Written By: Wobo on 07/12/18 at 12:15 pm

In six months the 2009 will be 10 years ago and the last year of the 2000s to be part of the double digit years (i'm talking about it will be part of the 10+ years ago category)

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/12/18 at 12:21 pm

In six months the 2009 will be 10 years ago and the last year of the 2000s to be part of the double digit years (i'm talking about it will be part of the 10+ years ago category)

Time is going by way too fast.  :o

Written By: violet_shy on 07/12/18 at 2:10 pm

That was the year my youngest nephew Joelle was born. He will be starting the 5th grade this year! 10 years came and went so fast!

Written By: wixness on 07/12/18 at 10:04 pm

It kind of saddens me so I avoid thinking about it.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/12/18 at 10:12 pm

That was the year my youngest nephew Joelle was born. He will be starting the 5th grade this year! 10 years came and went so fast!
It would be crazy since how fast the 2010s went by. 2009 was the beginning of the social media/smartphone craze now we're in a time when smartphones are well established in youth and kid culture whereas 10 yeats ago you were considered lucky to have the newest smartphone.

Written By: Wobo on 08/11/18 at 7:40 pm

Yavx9yxTrsw

Boxxy was late 2008 - 2009 lol.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/11/18 at 9:17 pm

It would be crazy since how fast the 2010s went by. 2009 was the beginning of the social media/smartphone craze now we're in a time when smartphones are well established in youth and kid culture whereas 10 yeats ago you were considered lucky to have the newest smartphone.

2009 doesn't feel so long ago yet it is almost a whole decade ago.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/12/18 at 10:19 pm

2009 doesn't feel so long ago yet it is almost a whole decade ago.
Speaking of which I was talking to a 2009 born kid at church the other day, and my mind was just blown how intelligent he is. I felt like I was talking to someone my age. He was born on Christmas 2009, so he's basically a 2010 baby. Crazy how late 00s borns are going to be on the fourms soon.

Written By: Dundee on 08/18/18 at 10:16 am

In 2008 songs like these were popular:
Ro7yHf_pU14
RvnkAtWcKYg

But sure, 2008 was already very 2010s right ;)?

Written By: John Titor on 08/18/18 at 10:27 am

Ro7yHf_pU14
RvnkAtWcKYg

These kind of songs were being phased out slowly, it was all about dance pop

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/18 at 10:34 am

These kind of songs were being phased out slowly, it was all about dance pop

That's not true lol.

Written By: Dundee on 08/18/18 at 10:39 am

That's not true lol.
^This

Written By: John Titor on 08/18/18 at 11:00 am

That's not true lol.

This is true, electropop was gaining traction on the last 4 months of 2008,
remember Chris Browns forever. pretty sure that came out before Just Dance.
Katy Perry hot and cold

By the summer of 2009, almost everything was up tempo,  Black eye Peas I gotta feeling etc etc

Written By: ofkx on 08/18/18 at 11:56 am

Ro7yHf_pU14
RvnkAtWcKYg

So. 2010s. it. hurts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UjJ4wKLkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M5C-oKw9k

Written By: John Titor on 08/18/18 at 12:01 pm

So. 2010s. it. hurts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UjJ4wKLkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M5C-oKw9k

2008 had some leftover 2000's ness songs (that were most likely produced in early 2008 or 2007) but the electropop
at the time was the new thing, it was phasing old 2000s sounding songs out slowly,  Yes there was r&b and rap but
most of it was the last vestgious of 2000s sounding songs, even with Britneys Blackout in 2007 you had electropop
already a contender on the radio

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/18 at 12:08 pm

Katy Perry hot and cold

By the summer of 2009, almost everything was up tempo,  Black eye Peas I gotta feeling etc etc

Just stop.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/18/18 at 12:18 pm

Katy Perry hot and cold

That may be the case, but I still think that 2012 was the first year that felt more 2010's than 2000's.

Written By: Frodomar2002 on 08/18/18 at 12:29 pm

2008? Oh yeah! I got SSBB that year! Years prior I only played Melee! Luigi was my favorite battler back then!

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/18/18 at 12:38 pm

Speaking of which I was talking to a 2009 born kid at church the other day, and my mind was just blown how intelligent he is. I felt like I was talking to someone my age. He was born on Christmas 2009, so he's basically a 2010 baby. Crazy how late 00s borns are going to be on the fourms soon.

I'll give it 2-3 years before we will see a late 00's born on here.

Written By: John Titor on 08/18/18 at 12:42 pm

Just stop.

No, The song was an electro type of song that was popular before Just dance,
2008 was shaping up that way anyways

Written By: Wobo on 08/18/18 at 12:45 pm

Speaking of 2008, i have a pre-school photo of me and my sister lol.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/18 at 2:08 pm

Stop. Don't reply.

Written By: John Titor on 08/18/18 at 2:12 pm

Stop. Don't reply.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/18 at 2:41 pm

Johm Titor is right. 2008 was the start of dance pop. There were some late 2000s sounding leftover songs though, but the electropop sound started that year even before Lady Gaga.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/18/18 at 3:13 pm

Ro7yHf_pU14
RvnkAtWcKYg

2008 was extremely 2010's and completely devoid of any 2000's influence, and late 2006 was the first time it was more 2010's than 2000's.  ;)  ;)

Written By: Dundee on 08/18/18 at 4:17 pm

Do people even know what Dance-Pop actually is ???? The genre has been popular the whole decade, even in the mid-2000s there were Dance-Pop hits by the likes of Justin Timberlake, Shakira, Rihanna, Black-Eyed Peas, Nelly Furtado, Fergie and, on the world scale, the extremely popular hits by Madonna. Electronic sounds sure had a relative resurgence after an absence in the mid-2000s (even though there was a straightup EDM hit by Cascada in 2006), but even the most electronic sounding songs of the late 2000s as a whole (let's say everyone's favorite's revolutionnary song Just Dance as an example) were still extremely rooted in 2000s production values like a focus on big pounding, driving beats and general lack of reverb and voice chopping like in so many 2010s EDM/electropop hits. I would say music only started to sound "Early 2010s" when David Guetta popularized Electro-House in late 2009.

Written By: Shemp97 on 08/20/18 at 4:59 pm

The Loud House

The Loud House is the only reason I tune into Nick at all now. Nickelodeon was so much better 10 years ago.

Written By: Shemp97 on 08/20/18 at 5:09 pm

I don't know why these rappers didn't cross my mind when I originally typed this thread. Vince Staples, Vic Mensa, Joey Badass, Chance the Rapper, Casey Veggies, GoldLink, Isaiah Rashad, YG, Earl Sweatshirt, Joey Purp and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting like the whole Save money crew and Cardi B if you wanna include her. We aren't going to claim Logic though because Logic is corny  ;D

"HipHop Renaissance"
NK2FqPNIT_U

Written By: Dundee on 08/20/18 at 8:48 pm

"HipHop Renaissance"
NK2FqPNIT_U
I'm pretty sure she's talking about all the widely acclaimed hip hop releases that came out this decade.

Also "All Gold Everything" got a sick beat, good song lol

Check for new replies or respond here...