inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Super Smash Bros Brawl Sub Space Emissary

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/10/18 at 11:16 am

I saw this in my recommended on YouTube and this made me think back to the Sub Space Emissary in Brawl. Super Smash Bros Brawl was my childhood and so was the Sup Space Emissary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O3xeuWqSZo

What were your thoughts the Sub Space Emissary in Brawl? How does it compare to Melee's Adventure mode? Are you mad that Smash 4 doesn't have any type of story mode whatsoever?

I played though The Sub Space Emissary during my 2017 Spring Break, and it got pretty stale after a while, though the story was very interesting, and the use of trophies and other symbolism were great.

The Adventure mode on Melee was pretty repetitive itself, though it was short, and I only did it during my quest to unlock every character on Melee.

Subject: Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Sub Space Emissary

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/18 at 12:22 pm

This was my favourite part of the game actually and I thought it was really fun playing it with my brother in multiplayer mode.

But on the whole, Brawl was a downgrade compared to Mêlée in my opinion. I only played it for about 20-30 hours and 15 of that was spent in the Subspace Emissary, compared to the hundreds (if not a thousand?) hours I spent on Mêlée.

When Smash 4 omitted it I didn't really care, since the multiplayer part more than made up for it. Also, I didn't have a Wii U, so I'm not sure if it's the same in that version of the game, but the Classic Mode in the 3DS was a lot of fun (and really difficult!) with all the customizations you can add to the characters.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/10/18 at 3:43 pm

The gameplay in the SSE was rather repetitive, but it was worth playing for the cutscenes.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/10/18 at 6:00 pm

As I'm older, the Subspace Emissary is truly repetitive. Melee's Adventure Mode is classic. Cut scenes doesn't even sell it for me anymore. The Subspace is just fighting multiple enemies to where its tedious.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/11/18 at 12:35 pm

I just found out Super Smash Bros Brawl turned 10, two days ago.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/12/18 at 12:47 pm

I just found out Super Smash Bros Brawl turned 10, two days ago.

Thanks for making me feel old ;D. I remember getting the game as a birthday present on this day 10 years ago

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/12/18 at 3:12 pm

Thanks for making me feel old ;D. I remember getting the game as a birthday present on this day 10 years ago

I remember getting it on December 31st, 2008. Also, happy birthday!  :D :D :D

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/18 at 11:46 pm

I played the Japanese version of the game before it came out in the West, in February of 2008  8)

I got the game for myself on release day though. Can't believe it was 10 years ago.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...