inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Y2K Nintendo 64 games

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/15/18 at 7:15 pm

Here's a list of some N64 games that were released in the year 2000. I think it was an interesting year for the console for two reasons, the N64 was getting old and this is when a lot of sequels to older N64 games were coming out.

Perfect Dark
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Banjo-Tooie
Mario Tennis
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Excitebike 64
WWF No Mercy
007: The World Is Not Enough
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
Pokemon Puzzle League
Blue Brothers 2000
Taz Express
Wrestlemania 2000
Mario Party 2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2
Stunt Racer 64
Rugrats in Paris
Starcraft 64
Pokemon Stadium
Tarzan
(Sorry if I missed any that you liked, you can also talk about those as well.)

Anyways, what are your thoughts on Y2K Nintendo 64 games?

The only two of those listed above that I've played are Kirby 64 and Majora's Mask, and I played them through re-releases. Kirby 64 was okay for what it was, it was a simple plat-former, that too easy to beat. Majora's Mask was even better than Ocarina of Time. It was a darker and weirder Zelda game and the perfect sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Subject: Re: Y2K Nintendo 64 games

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/15/18 at 7:36 pm

They were pretty good. I didn't, unfortunately, have that many N64 games from that year. I can't believe I missed out on Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask, Banjo-Tooie, 007: The World Is Not Enough and the games that have 64 in the title.

Here's a list of some N64 games that were released in the year 2000. I think it was an interesting year for the console for two reasons, the N64 was getting old and this is when a lot of sequels to older N64 games were coming out (such as Banjo-Tooie, Pokemon Stadium 2, Majora's Mask, etc.)

Perfect Dark
Banjo-Tooie
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Excitebike 64
WWF No Mercy
Pokemon Stadium 2
Mario Party 3
Pokemon Puzzle League
Blue Brothers 2000
Taz Express
Wrestlemania 2000

The only two of those listed above that I've played is Kirby 64 and Majora's Mask, and I played them through re-releases. Kirby 64 was okay for what it was, it was a simple platformer, that too easy to beat. Majora's Mask was even better than Ocarina of Time. It was a darker and weirder Zelda game and the perfect sequel to Ocarina of Time.
I would add in Mario Party 2, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2, Stunt Racer 64, Rugrats in Paris, Starcraft 64, Pokemon Stadium and Tarzan. Oh, and the ones bold come out after that year unless you're going by the Japanese releases.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/15/18 at 7:43 pm

I would add in Mario Party 2, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2, Stunt Racer 64, Rugrats in Paris, Starcraft 64, Pokemon Stadium and Tarzan. Oh, and the ones bold come out after that year unless you're going by the Japanese releases.

Alright, I added those in and I figured that Paper Mario came out in 2001 in the states.

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/16/18 at 9:00 am

I actually have about half of those games, and it was really the last big year I was into the gaming scene, as I didn't care for the sixth generation and beyond as much. That said, entering a new century meant that using cartridges by then was already old school and by now, you could see a bit the limits that those provide since memory cards weren't compatible. They are still fun games, especially the Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, and Mario Party games, but of course, Dreamcast was having its brief rein at the topic, and even Sony wasn't slacking too much as the PS1 area gave way to PS2. It's a lot like 1990 with NES, which also had quite a few sequels, most notably Castlevania 3, SMB 3, TMNT II, Bases Loaded 3, Advenutre Island 3, Mega Man 3, and Double Dragon 3, yet most of them were nice refinements to the originals to bring as good or better gameplay. That said, 1995 seemed to be a bit more original with SNES titles during that system's twilight period, but of course, that year still had Donkey Kong Country II and Super Mario World II: Yoshi's Island.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/16/18 at 11:37 am

2000 for the N64 was like 2016 for the Wii U. It was on it's last leg before the next system released the following year. 2016 also had a big Pokemon game (Pokke Tournament) for the Wii U.

I bought Excitebike 64 and Wrestlemania 2000. I played a little bit of Perfect Dark. I was a little disappointed with Majora's Mask since it just couldn't compare with Ocarina of Time. Mega Man 64 was released in early 2001, which was also a disappointment. I didn't know that it was the same as Mega Man Legends for PS1. NBA Jam 2000 was another one, though it actually released in late 1999. I also have NFL Blitz 2000.

I bought my N64 in 2000, but of course most of the games are older. My favorites are Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, 007 Goldeneye, and of course Ocarina of Time. Even though those games came out in the late 90's, I associate playing them with my memories of 2000. Nothing can beat the experience of playing OOT for the first time in the summer of 2000, even Breath of the Wild. BotW was a great game, but I was playing it during a not so happy time in my life.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/18 at 2:31 pm

Here's a list of some N64 games that were released in the year 2000. I think it was an interesting year for the console for two reasons, the N64 was getting old and this is when a lot of sequels to older N64 games were coming out.

Perfect Dark
Banjo-Tooie
Mario Tennis
Excitebike 64

WWF No Mercy
Pokemon Puzzle League
Blue Brothers 2000
Taz Express
Wrestlemania 2000
Mario Party 2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2

Stunt Racer 64
Rugrats in Paris
Starcraft 64
Pokemon Stadium
Tarzan

The only two of those listed above that I've played are Kirby 64 and Majora's Mask, and I played them through re-releases. Kirby 64 was okay for what it was, it was a simple plat-former, that too easy to beat. Majora's Mask was even better than Ocarina of Time. It was a darker and weirder Zelda game and the perfect sequel to Ocarina of Time.

I played all the ones in bold. Probably the best year for the N64  8)

Written By: Star Struck on 03/19/18 at 10:22 pm

2000 for the N64 was like 2016 for the Wii U. It was on it's last leg before the next system released the following year. 2016 also had a big Pokemon game (Pokke Tournament) for the Wii U.

I bought Excitebike 64 and Wrestlemania 2000. I played a little bit of Perfect Dark. I was a little disappointed with Majora's Mask since it just couldn't compare with Ocarina of Time. Mega Man 64 was released in early 2001, which was also a disappointment. I didn't know that it was the same as Mega Man Legends for PS1. NBA Jam 2000 was another one, though it actually released in late 1999. I also have NFL Blitz 2000.

I bought my N64 in 2000, but of course most of the games are older. My favorites are Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, 007 Goldeneye, and of course Ocarina of Time. Even though those games came out in the late 90's, I associate playing them with my memories of 2000. Nothing can beat the experience of playing OOT for the first time in the summer of 2000, even Breath of the Wild. BotW was a great game, but I was playing it during a not so happy time in my life.

I remembered when the Gamecube came out in 2001, the N64 was still around for another year in many retail stores because kids still played with the console (many stores and video rental stores gave it the boot around 2002 or 2003). It's kind of weird where I live. Lots of kids on my block liked to play the previous console until it's completely "gone" before going to the new console lol So that meant lots of kids on my block started playing the Gamecube around 2002/2003 and PS2 in 2003 (granted it that the PS1 was still around until 2004). Doesn't make sense, but I don't question it ;D Anyways, I agree with the op. 2000 in my opinion had a lot of awesome games for the N64.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/19/18 at 10:27 pm

I remember my first time playing Banjo Tooie, it was a rental from Hollywood Video, and came in a VHS-like plastic case. This was back in 2002, I was 4 at the time.

Written By: Star Struck on 03/19/18 at 10:40 pm

I remember my first time playing Banjo Tooie, it was a rental from Hollywood Video, and came in a VHS-like plastic case. This was back in 2002, I was 4 at the time.

Oh I love Banjo Tooie! I was around 7 or so when rented it from Blockbuster in 2002. Very underrated game in my opinion. I remembered renting Banjo Kazooie when I was 4 in 1999. That was the year my dad taught me how to play games :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/18 at 10:45 pm

I remembered when the Gamecube came out in 2001, the N64 was still around for another year in many retail stores because kids still played with the console (many stores and video rental stores gave it the boot around 2002 or 2003). It's kind of weird where I live. Lots of kids on my block liked to play the previous console until it's completely "gone" before going to the new console lol So that meant lots of kids on my block started playing the Gamecube around 2002/2003 and PS2 in 2003 (granted it that the PS1 was still around until 2004). Doesn't make sense, but I don't question it ;D Anyways, I agree with the op. 2000 in my opinion had a lot of awesome games for the N64.

The Nintendo 64 was my main console up until and including Grade 5, which was 2002-2003 school year for me. I had the Gamecube since early 2002 but I didn't play it regularly until Grade 6 (2003-2004).

I even remember my Grade 5 teacher asking me how much Pokémon I play  at home. I said "2 hours", which was a huge lie and my friends were laughing, the real answer was closer to 3-4 hours. Nonetheless, the teacher started panicking and told me I shouldn't play video games on the weekdays, and told my mom this. Mister, you can pry Pokémon Stadium 2 out of my cold dead hands! Thankfully my mom didn't listen to him, she knew he was nuts, he gave so much homework everyday it was quite a miracle I found that much free time everyday.  ::)

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/19/18 at 10:49 pm

Oh I love Banjo Tooie! I was around 7 or so when rented it from Blockbuster in 2002. Very underrated game in my opinion. I remembered renting Banjo Kazooie when I was 4 in 1999. That was the year my dad taught me how to play games :)

BTW, how many of the N64 RareWare titles did you own as a kid? Do you still own them today?

I currently own all of them with the exception of Killer Instinct Gold and Mickey Speedway USA. I also collected the SNES DKC and KI games a few years back.

Written By: Star Struck on 03/19/18 at 11:11 pm

BTW, how many of the N64 RareWare titles did you own as a kid? Do you still own them today?

I currently own all of them with the exception of Killer Instinct Gold and Mickey Speedway USA. I also collected the SNES DKC and KI games a few years back.

I had Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Mickey Speedway USA, and Goldeneye. I still have Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, but I'm not sure what happened to Mickey Speedway and Goldeneye. The last time I checked, I let my friend borrowed those games and he never gave it back because he "lost" it lol

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/18 at 11:21 pm

Mickey's Speedway was really fun. I liked it more than Mario Kart and Crash Racing. :D (but nothing tops Diddy Kong Racing)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/19/18 at 11:37 pm

I remembered when the Gamecube came out in 2001; the N64 was still around for another year in many retail stores because kids still played with the console (many stores and video rental stores gave it the boot around 2002 or 2003). It's kind of weird where I live. Lots of kids on my block liked to play the previous console until it's completely "gone" before going to the new console lol So that meant lots of kids on my block started playing the Gamecube around 2002/2003 and PS2 in 2003 (granted it that the PS1 was still around until 2004). Doesn't make sense, but I don't question it ;D Anyways, I agree with the op. 2000, in my opinion, had a lot of awesome games for the N64.

The Nintendo 64 was my main console up until and including Grade 5, which was 2002-2003 school year for me. I had the Gamecube since early 2002, but I didn't play it regularly until Grade 6 (2003-2004).
Yeah, me 3! I played the N64 up until 2006 (although by 2004-05, I had very few games left by then) concurrently with the GameCube and PS2. I also kept playing my SNES throughout that time too although I would take a break every few years until the same year where I stopped playing it for good since I didn't have many games left for that either.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/20/18 at 4:39 pm

There's a good argument that 2000 is among the five best years of gaming history. Pokemon Gold and Silver, FF IX, Zelda: MM, Spyro 3. Doesn't get much better than that. 2000 doesn't get as much love as it should.

Written By: Dundee on 03/20/18 at 5:19 pm

There's a good argument that 2000 is among the five best years of gaming history. Pokemon Gold and Silver, FF IX, Zelda: MM, Spyro 3. Doesn't get much better than that. 2000 doesn't get as much love as it should.
Which other years are commonly seen as great for gaming?

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/20/18 at 5:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJdidUuaNQ

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/20/18 at 5:39 pm

There are several years that often get mentioned. Usually, 1998 is often listed as the greatest gaming year of all time, with Zelda: OOT, Pokemon Red and Blue U.S. versions, ad Banjo Kazooie among several huge games that came out that year.

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/18 at 5:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJdidUuaNQ

I picked 1998 too. I made a thread about it  8)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=52797.msg3336365#msg3336365

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/20/18 at 5:57 pm

How come no one ever mentions 2001?
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- final Fantasy X
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Luigi's Mansion
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Jak & Daxter Lost Precursor Legacy
- Max Payne
- Halo Combat Evolved
- Advanced Wars
- SSX Tricky
- Gran Turismo 3
- Star Wars Rouge Squadron
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
- Metal Gear Solid 2
- Klonoa 2
- Ico
- Devil May Cry
- GTA 3

2001 to me was a great year. 1998, 2001, 2002, and 2017 are my favorite years for gaming. It's funny that I remember being one of those guys who always said that "gaming was the best during the 80s/90s" but now I realize that all my favorite years were either during the end of the 90s to as recent as late 10s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/23/18 at 8:45 pm

- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- final Fantasy X
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Luigi's Mansion
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Max Payne
- Halo Combat Evolved
- Advanced Wars
- SSX Tricky
- Gran Turismo 3
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
- Metal Gear Solid 2
- Klonoa 2
- Ico
- Devil May Cry
- GTA 3

2001 to me was a great year. 1998, 2001, 2002, and 2017 are my favorite years for gaming. It's funny that I remember being one of those guys who always said that "gaming was the best during the 80s/90s," but now I realize that all my favorite years were either during the end of the 90s to as recent as late 10s.

I've seen that year get mentioned a few times. I think it's just that 2001 itself people stereotypically associate it with 9/11 which gives them a terrible feeling. And wasn't the game in the bold from 1998 rather than 2001?

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/23/18 at 9:03 pm

I've seen that year get mentioned a few times. I think it's just that 2001 itself people stereotypically associate it with 9/11 which gives them a terrible feeling. And wasn't the game in the bold from 1998 rather than 2001?

WHOOPS! Meant the 2001 sequel.

As for 9/11 people need to get over that. America has been through much worse. We're now in a world where ALL young people between 1 - 18 don't remember 9/11 funny enough. When talking about the 30s or 40s I swear I rarely hear people mention World War 2 or Holocaust, but when talking about the 00s they gotta mention 9/11 which is an event that had a much lesser impact than the stuff America was going through in the 20th century. When people mention the 1930s they usually say things like how great the comics or music was and not how bad the Great Depression was (and when they do mention the Great Depression it's just a quick mention and immediately brushed aside).

Maybe I'm a sick man for saying that. Oh well I'll stick my neck out if it means I can speak my mind. Even if others don't agree. I just don't like the idea of a single event clouding over everything else 2001 had to offer (which was a lot). Oh well.

Written By: 2001 on 03/23/18 at 10:13 pm

I've always seen 2001 get included in "greatest years of gaming" lists. I wouldn't call it underrated at all. It was definitely solid.  8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/23/18 at 10:16 pm

WHOOPS! Meant the 2001 sequel.

As for 9/11 people need to get over that. America has been through much worse. We're now in a world where ALL young people between 1 - 18 don't remember 9/11 funny enough. When talking about the 30s or 40s, I swear I rarely hear people mention World War 2 or Holocaust, but when talking about the 00s they have to say 9/11 which is an event that had a much lesser impact than the stuff America was going through in the 20th century. When people mention the 1930s, they usually say things like how amazing the comics or music was and not how severe the Great Depression was (and when they do mention the Great Depression it's just a quick mention and immediately brushed aside).

Maybe I'm a sick man for saying that. Oh well, I'll stick my neck out if it means I can speak my mind. Even if others don't agree, I just don't like the idea of a single event clouding over everything else 2001 had to offer (which was a lot). Oh well.
Well, it's most likely that the event itself is still relatively recent in people's minds (although it has been almost two decades since it occurred) and that it was significant for this country. I think in the next era, 9/11 will go the way that the Great Depression is in right now. OTT, I agree that 2001 was a spectacular year for games. All those you mentioned made it awesome. Others I would also include are Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball, Fuzion Frenzy, Animal Crossing, Shenmue II, Dead or Alive 3, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Vortex, Pikmin, NBA Street, etc.

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/23/18 at 10:54 pm

I've always seen 2001 get included in "greatest years of gaming" lists. I wouldn't call it underrated at all. It was definitely solid.  8)

Well, it's most likely that the event itself is still relatively recent in people's minds (although it has been almost two decades since it occurred) and that it was significant for this country. I think in the next era, 9/11 will go the way that the Great Depression is in right now. OTT, I agree that 2001 was a spectacular year for games. All those you mentioned made it awesome. Others I would also include are Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball, Fuzion Frenzy, Animal Crossing, Shenmue II, Dead or Alive 3, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Vortex, Pikmin, NBA Street, etc.

Yeah, 2001 was a great year for games in my opinion. I can also add games like Pokemon Cystal and Baulder's Gate. To me my Top 3 list of best years of gaming (in no real order) would be 1998, 2001, and 2017.  Seeing how 9/11 is now just something young teens just joke about now I'm sure it'll go the way of the Great Depression by the 2020s.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/24/18 at 11:49 am

- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- final Fantasy X
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Luigi's Mansion
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Max Payne
- Halo Combat Evolved
- Advanced Wars
- SSX Tricky
- Gran Turismo 3
- Star Wars Rouge Squadron
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
- Metal Gear Solid 2
- Klonoa 2
- Ico
- Devil May Cry
- GTA 3

2001 to me was a great year. 1998, 2001, 2002, and 2017 are my favorite years for gaming. It's funny that I remember being one of those guys who always said that "gaming was the best during the 80s/90s" but now I realize that all my favorite years were either during the end of the 90s to as recent as late 10s.

2001 was good, it was kind of an in between year as the N64 stopped making games and the Gamecube wasn't released until fall. I had Luigis Mansion, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and Batman Vengeance.

2002 was even better.
- Bloody Roar Primal Fury
- 007 Agent Under Fire
- GTA Vice City
- Spiderman (based on the movie of the same year)
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Star Fox Adventures
- Metroid Prime

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/26/18 at 3:00 pm

Another year that could be mentioned for best ever is 1995. Kind of underrated honestly. Yoshi's Island kicked ass, and DK Country 2 might have actually been better than the original.

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/26/18 at 3:44 pm

Another year that could be mentioned for best ever is 1995. Kind of underrated honestly. Yoshi's Island kicked ass, and DK Country 2 might have actually been better than the original.

'95 had Earthworm Jim special edition, Earthworm Jim 2, Earthworm, and DKC 2. I also remember playing Killer Instinct on Super Nintendo. Good year, but not in my favorites.  Maybe if I had an honorable mentions list of years.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/26/18 at 6:46 pm

I actually thought 1989 was pretty good.

- Mega Man 2
- Ninja Gaiden
- Double Dragon II
- Castlevania III
- Super Mario Land
- Tetris (Gameboy)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
- TMNT (Arcade)
- Duck Tales
- Faxanadu

Written By: Dundee on 03/26/18 at 6:48 pm

Now it's time to decide which were the worst years for gaming.
I'm nominating 1983, what an abysmal year for video games :D

Written By: SmartBo1 on 03/26/18 at 7:15 pm

1991 was also an incredible year for games.

-Zelda a Link to the Past
-Final Fantasy 4
-Super Castlevania 4
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Street Fighter 2

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/27/18 at 12:58 pm

1991 was also an incredible year for games.

-Zelda a Link to the Past
-Final Fantasy 4
-Super Castlevania 4
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Street Fighter 2

Super Mario World too.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 03/27/18 at 1:46 pm

Super Mario World too.

Mario World came out in 1990.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/27/18 at 3:48 pm

Mario World came out in 1990.

It and the SNES didn't came out in the states until 1991.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 03/27/18 at 7:30 pm

It and the SNES didn't came out in the states until 1991.

Oh, ok. I was going by the Japanese release dates.

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/27/18 at 8:06 pm

Off topic, but I find it funny how in Japan Super Mario World is called "Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros 4".  And Yoshi's Island is called Super Mario World 2.

So you'd have -
Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Bros 2 in Japan which is called "Super Mario Bros Lost Levels" in America.

Super Mario Bros 2 in USA is jokingly called "Doki Doki Mario" due to its history and Super Mario USA in Japan.

Super Mario Bros 3 is just called Super Mario Bros 3 in all regions.

Super Mario World in the USA is called "Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros 4" in Japan.

And Yoshi's Island is called "Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2", but going by the previous game it'd be "Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2: Super Mario Bros 5".

Just some random note I thought funny enough to bring up. It's like how Wario Land is called "Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3".

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/28/18 at 1:04 pm

Off topic, but I find it funny how in Japan Super Mario World is called "Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros 4".  And Yoshi's Island is called Super Mario World 2.

So you'd have -
Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Bros 2 in Japan which is called "Super Mario Bros Lost Levels" in America.

Super Mario Bros 2 in USA is jokingly called "Doki Doki Mario" due to its history and Super Mario USA in Japan.

Super Mario Bros 3 is just called Super Mario Bros 3 in all regions.

Super Mario World in the USA is called "Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros 4" in Japan.

And Yoshi's Island is called "Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2", but going by the previous game it'd be "Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2: Super Mario Bros 5".

Just some random note I thought funny enough to bring up. It's like how Wario Land is called "Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3".

Yeah, that is funny. Wario and Yoshi spun off and started their own series of games.

Also the proposed Super Mario game for the Gamecube after Super Mario Sunshine which was never released had a working title of "Super Mario 8" (also "Super Mario 128"). That is because 6 was Super Mario 64 and 7 was Super Mario Sunshine.

Now it's time to decide which were the worst years for gaming.
I'm nominating 1983, what an abysmal year for video games :D

That's probably easier to do, actually. Because almost every year brings out so many great titles.

One for me is 1995. Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis were on their way out (even though they were in the lyrics of a Biggy song that year, lol). PS1 just came out and the jewel that was the N64 was yet to be released. That was the year I wasn't into gaming at all, after selling my Separate Genesis from getting angry at Mortal Kombat II and throwing my controller at the TV screen.

2011-2013 was kind of that way. The PS3 and Xbox 360 generation lasted a long time, but weren't releasing many good games toward the end. The Wii didn't release many good games either, and the Wii U just came out in late 2012. If anything, the 3DS had the best games during this period. The Playstation Vita on the other hand did not. Anyhow, few titles from this period worth mentioning:

- GTA V
- Assassin's Creed III
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Mario Kart 7
- New Super Mario Bros 2
- Super Mario 3D World
- Zelda: Skyward Sword

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/28/18 at 1:58 pm

I nominate 1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2017 as the best years for gaming.

Basically the Y2K era of gaming is my favorite. The 6th get consoles were new and had exciting games yet the 5th consoles were still pumping out fun games.

But there are some other years like 1994, and 1996 that I like.

Check for new replies or respond here...