inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top Cable Channel of the 2000's ?

Written By: John Titor on 03/20/18 at 3:18 pm

What was the top cable channel of the 2000's deacade?

MTV ?  Nick ?  Disney?  CN ? VH1? E! ?

Subject: Re: Top Cable Channel of the 2000's ?

Written By: Wobo on 03/20/18 at 3:22 pm

My family had cable in the 2000s,my older brother used to watch Cartoon Network everyday when he was a kid in the 2000s. I have picture of me in 2004 or 2005 in my baby chair and behind the chair was Scooby Doo on Cartoon Network in the background.

Written By: John Titor on 03/20/18 at 4:35 pm

My family had cable in the 2000s,my older brother used to watch Cartoon Network everyday when he was a kid in the 2000s. I have picture of me in 2004 or 2005 in my baby chair and behind the chair was Scooby Doo on Cartoon Network in the background.

I was in highschool lol crazy to think people were babies then

Written By: Wobo on 03/20/18 at 4:38 pm

I was in highschool lol crazy to think people were babies then

I was a baby :)

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/20/18 at 5:20 pm

Probably MTV until the latter part. MTV had all the celebrity news and music.

Written By: John Titor on 03/21/18 at 10:47 am

Probably MTV until the latter part. MTV had all the celebrity news and music.

Prob MTV yeah

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/22/18 at 8:14 am

Disagree about MTV, it's decline happened in the later part of the '90s when reality shows started to increasingly infiltrate its schedule. MTV2 was OK early on, as was VH1, but Fuse was better later in that decade before its 2010s decline.

Nickelodeon had some decent programming early on, but post-Spongebob movie, that show became too saturated.

Cartoon Network's decline was later than Nick's, but it was clearly the best in the first half of the 2000s, with The Disney Channel a close second.

I fought E! was interesting from the mid-90s up until around 2003 or so, but didn't watch it much later in the decade.

Among the news channels, Fox News, mostly due to Bill O'Reilly that father was addicted to, while CNN was a bit too safe with MSNBC too left.

That said, I'd say HBO for adults, the Disney Channel for teens, and Cartoon Network for kids.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/22/18 at 9:24 am

^^^ I assumed he was asking about the popularity of the channels, not the quality.

Check for new replies or respond here...