inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does Lord of the Rings feel dated yet?

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/24/18 at 5:21 pm

I don't really know what to say except what it says on the tin. Do the Peter Jackson movies feel corny or dated now? Or do they still hold up?

Subject: Re: Does Lord of the Rings feel dated yet?

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/25/18 at 9:32 am

I don't really know what to say except what it says on the tin. Do the Peter Jackson movies feel corny or dated now? Or do they still hold up?

To me the first movies (Lord of the Rings) still hold up, as do the books.  "The Hobbit" movies were no where near as good, and IMO do not hold up

Written By: bchris02 on 03/25/18 at 6:50 pm

To me the first movies (Lord of the Rings) still hold up, as do the books.  "The Hobbit" movies were no where near as good, and IMO do not hold up

I had such high hopes for the Hobbit and the series could have been great.  However, it was definitely a cash grab and the creative liberties taken with it in order to stretch what is essentially a children's book out into three movies pretty much ruined it.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/26/18 at 12:19 am

No, the Lord of the Rings feels timeless to me. I don't think it will ever be dated.

Check for new replies or respond here...