inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your opinion on the Noods Era of Cartoon Network?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 4:20 pm

Most people love either the Powerhouse Era (1997-2004), the CN City Era (2004-2007) or both. However, the Noods Era (2008-2010) has gotten mixed reviews...some people liked that era, some didn't and others thought that it was "meh".

Looking back on it, I'm actually a but nostalgic for the Noods Era. It's not my favorite era of Cartoon Network or anything and I thought it was "meh" when it was going on but I actually prefer it over the CN of today. Also, some of the shows make me feel a tinge of warmth in my heart.

gRjW9Hh6gdU

kSE0NR4HgPo

What is your opinion of the Noods Era of CN?

Subject: Re: What is your opinion on the Noods Era of Cartoon Network?

Written By: Wobo on 03/26/18 at 4:29 pm

I don't remember the noods era obviously but my older brother probably does and they did look great especially the colorful split screen credits during the era.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/18 at 4:32 pm

Better than the state CN has been in since Christina Miller took over, but still at the bottom tier compared to most CN eras. The bumpers were really creative, but outside of that, there were too many problems with it. Only 2 original shows at the time (Chowder & Flapjack) while the majority of the shows were mediocre acquisitions. The worst Kids WB reruns were on at the time. The cancellation of Toonami. Cancellation of Fridays for Fried Dynamite. Cancellation of the CC Show & CN Top 5. CN Real. Honestly, I believe this era had a lot more potential, and the late 00's recession had a lot to do with it I guarantee you. At least they tried with some things, such as Har Har Tharsdays which was a pretty cool concept. Batman Brave & the Bold and Secret Saturdays were good, but not on the same level of ratings & success as Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited. The majority of Stuart Snyder's mistakes happened throughout this era (including the shorted lived Fall Era before), and when the CHECK it era came in 2010 with Adventure Time and Regular Show, CN got back on top and Stuart Snyder's best moments happened throughout this time frame. Although still far from perfect.  Total Drama Island was the best show from this era and it wasn't even original.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 4:34 pm

I don't remember the noods era obviously but my older brother probably does and they did look great especially the colorful split screen credits during the era.

I'm surprised that you don't remember at least a little of the Noods Era. You were born in 2004 and the Noods Era lasted from 2008 until 2010. You were 4 to approximately 6 years old, you could have remembered it.

However, anyways, the Noods Era was the era that many of us '90s babies consider to be the downfall of CN :P.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 4:35 pm

Better than the state CN has been in since Christina Miller took over, but still at the bottom tier compared to most CN eras. The bumpers were really creative, but outside of that, there were too many problems with it. Only 2 original shows at the time (Chowder & Flapjack) while the majority of the shows were mediocre acquisitions. The worst Kids WB reruns were on at the time. The cancellation of Toonami. Cancellation of Fridays for Fried Dynamite. Cancellation of the CC Show & CN Top 5. CN Real. Honestly, I believe this era had a lot more potential, and the late 00's recession had a lot to do with it I guarantee you. At least they tried with some things, such as Har Har Tharsdays which was a pretty cool concept. Batman Brave & the Bold and Secret Saturdays were good, but not on the same level of ratings & success as Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited. The majority of Stuart Snyder's mistakes happened throughout this era (including the shorted lived Fall Era before), and when the CHECK it era came in 2010 with Adventure Time and Regular Show, CN got back on top and Stuart Snyder's best moments happened throughout this time frame. Although still far from perfect.  Total Drama Island was the best show from this era and it wasn't even original.

I agree with you 100%. Spot on!

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/18 at 4:38 pm

I'm surprised that you don't remember at least a little of the Noods Era. You were born in 2004 and the Noods Era lasted from 2008 until 2010. You were 4 to approximately 6 years old, you could have remembered it.

However, anyways, the Noods Era was the era that many of us '90s babies consider to be the downfall of CN :P.

I don't even remember 2001 that well but I know I started watching a lot of shows on TV that year. 2002 is really the year my memories of the pop culture and events around me are truly crystallized. Kindergarten helped me with that lol.

Written By: Wobo on 03/26/18 at 4:41 pm

Yeah that's why i consider Cartoon Network 5 years ago than now.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/18 at 4:42 pm

I agree with you 100%. Spot on!

I actually thought you'd disagree, cause I remember you saying you really enjoyed this era (or did you?). Nothing wrong with liking the Nood Era though for those who were born in the late 90's or early 00's. It's much better than today (or 2014-present). If you told me that CN today is mostly reboots and hardly any original creativity with TTGO, PPG (2016), Ben 10 (2017), or that Unkitty show from Legos, then I'd take Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island-World Tour, Ben 10: Alien Force, Batman Brave & the Bold, The Secret Saturdays, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars any day. Better than nothing. The creative Nood bumpers were better than the boring CHECK it 4.0/Dimensional bumpers as well.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 4:48 pm

I actually thought you'd disagree, cause I remember you saying you really enjoyed this era (or did you?). Nothing wrong with liking the Nood Era though for those who were born in the late 90's or early 00's. It's much better than today (or 2014-present). If you told me that CN today is mostly reboots and hardly any original creativity with TTGO, PPG (2016), Ben 10 (2017), or that Unkitty show from Legos, then I'd take Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island-World Tour, Ben 10: Alien Force, Batman Brave & the Bold, The Secret Saturdays, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars any day. Better than nothing. The creative Nood bumpers were better than the boring CHECK it 4.0/Dimensional bumpers as well.

Nah, I've never said that.

Once again, I agree with you 100%

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 4:49 pm

Yeah that's why i consider Cartoon Network 5 years ago than now.

This statement has odd phrasing. Can you rephrase it?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 4:49 pm

Also, remember to VOTE guys!

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/26/18 at 5:07 pm

Also, remember to VOTE guys!

Why? According to you, we can't trust early polling, because it's a political and life lesson. What makes this poll any different?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 6:38 pm

Why? According to you, we can't trust early polling, because it's a political and life lesson. What makes this poll any different?

There's no correlation between this poll and that one.

Also, stop being so sensitive.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/26/18 at 6:49 pm

There's no correlation between this poll and that one.

Also, stop being so sensitive.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

I'm not, i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy with your posts. You complained to Rainbow that the "What decade were you born in?" poll was invalidated, just because she didn't know everyone who voted in it, and that she shouldn't trust early polling. Yet, you're now expecting everyone to vote in this poll, even though this is no different from that poll or any other poll on this site.

Why did you have an issue with the poll in the "What decade were you born in?" thread anyway? It's pretty obvious that not everyone would take part in the poll (because it's not possible), so why make such a big deal out of it?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 6:55 pm

I'm not, i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy with your posts. You complained to Rainbow that the "What decade were you born in?" poll was invalidated, just because she didn't know everyone who voted in it, and that she shouldn't trust early polling. Yet, you're now expecting everyone to vote in this poll, even though this is no different from that poll or any other poll on this site.

Why did you have an issue with the poll in the "What decade were you born in?" thread anyway? It's pretty obvious that not everyone would take part in the poll (because it's not possible), so why make such a big deal out of it?

I'm not expecting everyone to vote in this poll. I was asking Wobotnik and mqg96 who already participated in this thread to vote. A completely different case.

Also, Rainbowz was asking a much broader question and she took the early polling info and claimed that most active members of this site are '00s borns...when that has been proven to be false. My poll is not asking about the decade of birth for active members, it's a specific poll targeted towards SPECIFIC users. People who like or know about Cartoon Network are highly likely to enter this thread.

Anyways, BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 03/26/18 at 7:10 pm

I personally didn't really like the bumpers that much and I DEFINITELY hated the Canadian and live action shows that were being aired. At least Cartoon Network was still airing their classics like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Teen Titans. In fact now that I think about it, the noods era is probably better than Cartoon Network now just because of its diverse schedule.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 7:22 pm

I personally didn't really like the bumpers that much and I DEFINITELY hated the Canadian and live action shows that were being aired. At least Cartoon Network was still airing their classics like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Teen Titans. In fact now that I think about it, the noods era is probably better than Cartoon Network now just because of its diverse schedule.

I agree with the part in bold.

Why didn't you like the imported Canadian cartoons? (just asking)

Also, remember to vote in the poll.

Written By: Star Struck on 03/26/18 at 8:07 pm

That's the reason why I voted "meh". Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the nood era, but at least they had a diverse schedule. CN nowadays just play TTG on repeat 24/7. As a kid of the early 2000s, I absolutely loved the diversity each network had in their schedule lineup. It made it tough to decide which channel to watch lol Anyways, I think CN might be heading in the right direction with the shows they picked up. It certainly adds more options for kids.

Written By: Wobo on 03/26/18 at 9:06 pm

This statement has odd phrasing. Can you rephrase it?

I mean Cartoon Network in 2013 is better than Cartoon Network now.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/26/18 at 10:53 pm

It was good for me. The Noods was actually an interesting era and there were creative bumpers compared to today. There was some great shows and unfortunately a few have been forgotten. One thing people should know is that even though there were live-action shows at that time, there were very few of them. Even if we take a look at CN Real, the majority of the shows on that block didn't make it past 2009 and the mentioned era was there for 5 more months into 2010.

Written By: gotuokere on 04/03/18 at 11:18 am

I LOVED the Nood era!!!!!!!!!! Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama, and Johnny Test were my favorites!!!! Plus I loved the Nood bumpers, they were so fun and creative. And yeah, they had CN Real, but like others have mentioned there wasn't too many live action shows and they were only played like twice a week. They didn't make a big dent in the schedule. Also it is worth mentioning that the CN Real shows weren't really bad, they just didn't belong on Cartoon Network. I miss watching Har Har Tharsdays!!! I loved rushing to the TV every Thursday as a kid to watch it. It became a lifestyle for me lol.

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/03/18 at 2:11 pm

I loved the Nood era simply because it was mainly the time when Chowder and Flapjack aired new episodes for the most part. I remember the bumpers like everybody said being really creative. The programming was also diverse (despite showing live-action shows, which is taboo to a lot of loyal Cartoon Network fans). This is my second-favorite era from Cartoon Network (best favorite being CN City/Summer-Fall 2007).

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/19/18 at 1:44 pm

Compared to CN now, it was better.

I feel somewhat sorry for Late Gen Z, because they have to suffer through endless TTGO reruns and the cartoon channels are suffering a lack of creativity in the late 2010s, unlike Core Gen Z who grew up in the early 2010s which were a fertile time for animation (GLTAS, Symbiotic Titan, Tron Uprising Motorcity, Young Justice). By 2020, hopefully another Adventure Time will come along and give animation another shot in the arm.

Check for new replies or respond here...