inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Windows XP is a meme

Written By: duenas8 on 04/06/18 at 12:27 am

2000’s nostalgia is growing and we have more 2000’s meme each day, like Britney Spears - Toxic or Smash Mouth - All Stars, now it’s the turn for Windows XP

QKM-Mgd7F50
m-DqCTBxFII
8N_dgF6v9cY

Subject: Re: Windows XP is a meme

Written By: SmartBo1 on 04/06/18 at 1:57 am

Its been a meme for a while my dude.

Written By: ofkx on 04/07/18 at 11:32 am

Wasn't there a meme involving Windows XP back in 2016?

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/07/18 at 12:40 pm

I've noticed about Windows XP as a meme for quite a while. A lot of people know about it in fact. So much so that Behind the Meme made a video about it (who makes himself seem like the meme professor, but clearly isn't).

p-uG3BmLNJ0

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/18 at 1:28 pm

Here's a Windows XP meme from FunnyJunk from the early 2000s itself :P

Ac7rIyZYOtg

Written By: Slim95 on 04/07/18 at 2:27 pm

This is one of my favourites

yLxP3V4veJk

Written By: duenas8 on 04/07/18 at 3:24 pm

Here's a Windows XP meme from FunnyJunk from the early 2000s itself :P

Ac7rIyZYOtg

That’s a classic

Written By: Dundee on 04/07/18 at 4:40 pm

Windows XP has always been used for memes as far I can tell.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/07/18 at 10:54 pm

I ask this honestly, how can anyone hate Windows XP?  ;D XP is like that old grandpa of yours who it is impossible to hate. Yeah I personify OS's because I am a geek.  :P

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/18 at 11:55 pm

I ask this honestly, how can anyone hate Windows XP?  ;D XP is like that old grandpa of yours who it is impossible to hate. Yeah I personify OS's because I am a geek.  :P

People hated XP a lot when it came out.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/08/18 at 12:36 am

Some people hated it but there wasn't as much backlash as other operating systems.

Written By: Dundee on 04/08/18 at 5:14 am

Not hating, just being overly picky and whining for the smallest of things, just like they do now with 10.
And then instantly loving it and defending it when a genuinely bad operating system comes after it.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/08/18 at 8:45 am

You gotta be kidding me folks. Windows XP was THE BEST COMPUTER out there when it was brand new to everybody between late 2001 and 2003, especially when you got tired of that slow ass Windows 98 for a long time. The change of graphics between Windows 98 and Windows XP was a huge gap as well. Windows Vista was basically the transition from XP to 7 & 8, and now we're in the Windows 10 era.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/08/18 at 8:48 am

Nah, I remember a lot of hate with Windows 8 after 7. People felt like Windows 8 was downgraded from 7 at one point. It was that bad. Windows 10 has worked out much better for me though. Windows Vista was buggy at times too after the XP era ended. The gap between 98 and XP is so huge (still remains the biggest to this day) there weren't that many complaints at all.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/08/18 at 8:56 am

It makes you wonder if people did the same thing with Windows '95, '98 and 2000.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/08/18 at 9:47 am

Nah, Windows 2000 was the best.
BFkry3zzutI

Written By: mqg96 on 04/08/18 at 11:38 am

BFkry3zzutI

I hardly remember anybody with Windows 2000. Windows 2000 was the last in the family of 95 and 98. NT/95/98/2000 feels like one era while 98 was the most popular of the whole family. XP and Vista feels like one era, and 7/8/10 feels like the era we're in now. Although honestly, I would break up 10 from 7 & 8.

Written By: 2001 on 04/08/18 at 11:48 am

Not hating, just being overly picky and whining for the smallest of things, just like they do now with 10.
And then instantly loving it and defending it when a genuinely bad operating system comes after it.

That's true lol.

Written By: 2001 on 04/08/18 at 11:52 am

Nah, I remember a lot of hate with Windows 8 after 7. People felt like Windows 8 was downgraded from 7 at one point. It was that bad. Windows 10 has worked out much better for me though. Windows Vista was buggy at times too after the XP era ended. The gap between 98 and XP is so huge (still remains the biggest to this day) there weren't that many complaints at all.

Windows XP was very buggy and prone to crashes out of the gate, and people held onto 98. That's what I remember. It was the dial-up days so installing/download patches took FOREVER. When Service Pack 1 was released some time in 2002 is when people started getting XP.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/18 at 3:25 pm

It makes you wonder if people did the same thing with Windows '95, '98 and 2000.

I think they stayed with what they had.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/18 at 3:26 pm

BFkry3zzutI

I remember that sound.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/08/18 at 4:00 pm

Everyone misses windows XP.  I remember using XP all throughout elementary school with Word 2003, but when I got to middle school my mom bought a computer with Windows Vista which we used from 2007-2015. Now everyone just uses my Laptop with Windows 10 (It came with Windows 8 but I like everyone else hated 8).

Written By: 2001 on 04/08/18 at 4:14 pm

Everyone misses windows XP.  I remember using XP all throughout elementary school with Word 2003, but when I got to middle school my mom bought a computer with Windows Vista which we used from 2007-2015. Now everyone just uses my Laptop with Windows 10 (It came with Windows 8 but I like everyone else hated 8).

I still prefer Office 2003. 2007+ was a travesty, I still don't know where everything is. I think the ribbons are silly, I liked my menus.

Written By: duenas8 on 04/09/18 at 9:21 am

For many people Windows 8 and Vista were the worst ones, Windows Me was very criticized in its moment, probably one of the biggest fails ever for MS
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QIirmeX-XgA/hqdefault.jpg

Written By: Dundee on 04/09/18 at 11:07 am

Lol Windows Me/Millenium was so pointless. Clearly a side-project when they were working on XP.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/18 at 7:16 am

For many people Windows 8 and Vista were the worst ones, Windows Me was very criticized in its moment, probably one of the biggest fails ever for MS
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QIirmeX-XgA/hqdefault.jpg

What did you hate about it? ???

Written By: duenas8 on 04/10/18 at 2:30 pm

What did you hate about it? ???

I never used it, but I remember that it has many failures and it lasted practically the same as Windows 8, even less

Written By: Howard on 04/10/18 at 3:20 pm

I never used it, but I remember that it has many failures and it lasted practically the same as Windows 8, even less

My Father hated it but I think Windows 10 is a bit better.

Written By: AnakinSkywanker on 04/30/18 at 12:21 am

I'm in the unique position of not really having any nostalgia or association with XP. Our home computer from 01-09 ran Windows ME and in 09 we got a gaming PC running a service packed version of Windows vista. In 2011 that computer died and we got a new desktop running Windows 7. We haven't upgraded the desktop since then altho I've had several laptops from 2013 onwards running Windows 8.1, Linux mint, and Windows 10.

Check for new replies or respond here...