inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will.i.am and Cartoon Network

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/09/18 at 1:40 pm

Will.i.am (real name: Will Adams) had an influence on your childhood more than just being apart of The Black Eyed Peas. He also produced songs for Cartoon Network in the early 2000s.

Dexter's Laboratory:
xelgWxN57O8

He co-created the theme song of Samurai Jack (2001-2004):
4iBU_D36-AA

95oO7p5A0Dk
You can see his real name (Will Adams) in the credits at 0:25.

They used the same theme for Samurai Jack Season 5 (2017):
3WVlBykJ6fo
His name is at 0:22.

Subject: Re: Will.i.am and Cartoon Network

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/09/18 at 1:57 pm

I remember the Dexter theme he did. Haha Didn't know he contributed to Samurai Jack though. I'm learning something new everyday.

He really did put in memorable work for Cartoon Network.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/09/18 at 2:17 pm

I remember the Dexter theme he did. Haha Didn't know he contributed to Samurai Jack though. I'm learning something new everyday.

He really did put in memorable work for Cartoon Network.

Yep, I didn't know originally that he co-created SJ's theme song either. He's credited by his real name of Will Adams, so I never knew until a few years ago.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 8:38 pm

BUMP!

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/10/18 at 9:44 pm

BUMP!

We need mqg96 in this thread, man. I bet he'd have great input.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 9:54 pm

We need mqg96 in this thread, man. I bet he'd have great input.

Yep.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/10/18 at 10:15 pm

dope

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 10:31 pm

dope

Yep! 8)

Written By: ofkx on 04/11/18 at 5:41 am

Funny how he went from theme songs for children’s shows to singing about lady lumps in just a couple of years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/11/18 at 8:05 am

Funny how he went from theme songs for children’s shows to singing about lady lumps in just a couple of years.

LOL.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/12/18 at 7:34 pm

He's a great Hip-Hop artist despite the mess he put out years later. I only learned he assisted in creating SJ's them song earlier this year. He's definitely contributes to the reason 2004 is my favorite 2000s year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/12/18 at 7:48 pm

He's a great Hip-Hop artist despite the mess he put out years later. I only learned he assisted in creating SJ's them song earlier this year. He's definitely contributes to the reason 2004 is my favorite 2000s year.

That's right. That's because he's got a secret formula! 8)

Written By: mqg96 on 04/12/18 at 8:22 pm

I remember those CN Groovies based off the Cartoon Cartoons (including the Dexter's Lab secret formula) being inside of the cereal boxes too. Those bring back good memories. Oh, and I've talked on this form many times how much I enjoyed Black Eyed Peas growing up!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/13/18 at 8:46 pm

He co-created the theme song of Samurai Jack (2001-2004):
4iBU_D36-AA

95oO7p5A0Dk
You can see his real name (Will Adams) in the credits at 0:25.

They used the same theme for Samurai Jack Season 5 (2017):
3WVlBykJ6fo
His name is at 0:22.

Damn did not know that!

Yeah I haven't heard from Will.i.am (let alone the rest of The Black Eyed Pees) in years. I totally forgot about how popular he was in the 2000s.

Anyways, yeah I remember his groovie that featured Dexter's Lab, it was one of my favorites as a kid. Another groovie I liked as a kid was this one featuring Josie and The Pussycats:

JvQY6tLMdL0

The last version of the song was my favorite from back in the day. I find it funny that at the time of this groovie airing, so circa early 2000s, that the last version of the song that was at a 1990s era rave club was seen as 'recent'. Oh how have times changed ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/13/18 at 8:52 pm

Damn did not know that!

Yeah I haven't heard from Will.i.am (let alone the rest of The Black Eyed Pees) in years. I totally forgot about how popular he was in the 2000s.

*Black Eyed Peas.

Also, his work with Cartoon Network was actually BEFORE The Black Eyed Peas became well-known.

Anyways, yeah I remember his groovie that featured Dexter's Lab, it was one of my favorites as a kid. Another groovie I liked as a kid was this one featuring Josie and The Pussycats:

JvQY6tLMdL0

The last version of the song was my favorite from back in the day. I find it funny that at the time of this groovie airing, so circa early 2000s, that the last version of the song that was at a 1990s era rave club was seen as 'recent'. Oh how have times changed ;D.

Yeah, it's crazy isn't it.

Also, I like that Josie and the Pussycats groovie as well.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/06/18 at 6:57 pm

Sorry for the late response to this topic. I was busy with work when I got the message a few weeks ago. To be fair, I do remember seeing that first video in the OP since I watched all the Groovies that came on CN back then, but like Spyro, I wasn't aware that Will.i.am also played a part in Samurai Jack. That's interesting to hear. He made that theme song like a boss :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 7:04 pm

Sorry for the late response to this topic. I was busy with work when I got the message a few weeks ago. To be fair, I do remember seeing that first video in the OP since I watched all the Groovies that came on CN back then, but like Spyro, I wasn't aware that Will.i.am also played a part in Samurai Jack. That's interesting to hear. He made that theme song like a boss :)

Yes, he did! 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...