inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will 2000's culture ever return?

Written By: gotuokere on 04/16/18 at 9:20 pm

Does anyone miss the 2000's style culture? In my opinion, 2002-2008 were the core 2000's years. 2009-2010 was a mixture of both 2000's and 2010's culture. Around 2011 or so, 2000's culture started to disappear more and more, and by the time we got to 2013, 2000's culture was completely gone. The disappearance of traditional, Hanna-Barbera-esque cartoons (ex. The Mighty B, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Catscratch, Camp Lazlo, Total Drama Island, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Jimmy Neutron) in favor of experimental, student film-esque cartoons (ex. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Sanjay and Craig, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Clarence, Steven Universe, Uncle Grandpa). Plus, it should also be worth mentioning the declining popularity of rock music in favor of dubstep. Currently in 2018, the 2000's have shown no signs of returning whatsoever, we are in pure 2010's culture for sure. With the 2020's fast approaching, do you think any traces of the 2000's could make possible comebacks?  ???

Subject: Re: Will 2000's culture ever return?

Written By: mqg96 on 04/16/18 at 9:22 pm

Will 2000's culture ever return?

Hahahaha! Oh man. (FACEPALM) Will 3000 B.C. culture ever return? Why hasn't it?

Written By: John Titor on 04/16/18 at 9:26 pm

Does anyone miss the 2000's style culture? In my opinion, 2002-2008 were the core 2000's years. 2009-2010 was a mixture of both 2000's and 2010's culture. Around 2011 or so, 2000's culture started to disappear more and more, and by the time we got to 2013, 2000's culture was completely gone. The disappearance of traditional, Hanna-Barbera-esque cartoons (ex. The Mighty B, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Catscratch, Camp Lazlo, Total Drama Island, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Jimmy Neutron) in favor of experimental, student film-esque cartoons (ex. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Sanjay and Craig, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Clarence, Steven Universe, Uncle Grandpa). Plus, it should also be worth mentioning the declining popularity of rock music in favor of dubstep. Currently in 2018, the 2000's have shown no signs of returning whatsoever, we are in pure 2010's culture for sure. With the 2020's fast approaching, do you think any traces of the 2000's could make possible comebacks?  ???

well TRL is back lol And some early 2000s fashions are already back, I made a thread on it
Pop punk is suppose to come back as well

But these threads are the Sh*ts

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/16/18 at 9:33 pm

Will 2000's culture ever return?

Hahahaha! Oh man. (FACEPALM) Will 3000 B.C. culture ever return? Why hasn't it?

Will 1400 B.C culture ever return? I miss riding my chariot. #BringBackChariots

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/16/18 at 10:08 pm

They should bring Woodstock back in 2019 for a 50th, I'd totally go to that.
Weed, sex, and rock music, that's the life :D

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/16/18 at 10:13 pm

Is this really a question?

Its in the process. It won't be exactly how it was though.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/16/18 at 10:50 pm

The 2000s are over.  And no, I don't even want to see some cheap shot at a revival.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/16/18 at 10:55 pm

It's WAYYY to early for that sh!t

The 2000's were yesterday.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/16/18 at 11:08 pm

It's WAYYY to early for that sh!t

The 2000's were yesterday.

If the 00s were yesterday, then you're still in single digits  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/17/18 at 12:14 am

LMFAOOO

Written By: gotuokere on 04/17/18 at 12:45 am

Is this really a question?

Its in the process. It won't be exactly how it was though.

I find this interesting. In what ways do you think the process has started?  ???

Written By: XYkid on 04/17/18 at 2:08 am

Some aspects of 2000s culture will definitely be recycled as that's just how it goes.
I do miss a lot of the music from the 00s, I really hope the sunshine-y pop/rock sound of the early-to-mid 00s makes a comeback, as well as dance music being above 120 BPM (club music is waaaaay too slow these days, I don't get how anyone dances to it).
One thing I sure hope doesn't comeback is the mindless patriotism and neo-conservatism, but it may with this upcoming war and the fact that reactionary right wing politics are actually becoming more common outside of liberal urban areas.

Written By: Wobo on 04/17/18 at 2:50 am

Nah because the same people still think 90s and 80s culture will return.

Written By: ofkx on 04/17/18 at 5:20 am

No. Why would it? Sure, some revivals could come back here and there but 2000s culture is still exclusive to the 2000s. Anything that happens next decade will be 2020s culture.

Written By: APDCR1990 on 04/17/18 at 9:57 am

Some aspects of 2000s culture will definitely be recycled as that's just how it goes.
I do miss a lot of the music from the 00s, I really hope the sunshine-y pop/rock sound of the early-to-mid 00s makes a comeback, as well as dance music being above 120 BPM (club music is waaaaay too slow these days, I don't get how anyone dances to it).
One thing I sure hope doesn't comeback is the mindless patriotism and neo-conservatism, but it may with this upcoming war and the fact that reactionary right wing politics are actually becoming more common outside of liberal urban areas.

It hasn't died out. The whole issue over black NFL athletes kneeling during the National Anthem is a textbook example of mindless patriotism. A reactionary right wing gave us Trump in 2016 and he's just getting started. Neo-conservatism was alive and well during the Obama years. He may have thrown out a few progressive crumbs here and there and criticized our wars, but by and large he was a pro-war president. Hillary would've been the same. With Republicans, you know what you're signing up for. Democrats, unfortunately, are "Republican-lite" masquerading in "progressive rhetoric."

Written By: John Titor on 04/17/18 at 10:41 am

I find this interesting. In what ways do you think the process has started?  ???

A few fashion artists have brought Von Dutch back,  TRL s back
That so Raven is back, Tinted sunglasses are back, Malcolm in the middle is possibly getting rebooted, Finding Dory, End of Hipsterisms
that was started in 2008,  Juicy Couture is coming back via a fashion label.

A new underground festival called EMO nite is gaining steam

Written By: Wobo on 04/17/18 at 2:14 pm

A few fashion artists have brought Von Dutch back,  TRL s back
That so Raven is back, Tinted sunglasses are back, Malcolm in the middle is possibly getting rebooted, Finding Dory, End of Hipsterisms
that was started in 2008,  Juicy Couture is coming back via a fashion label.

A new underground festival called EMO nite is gaining steam

I wouldn't say finding Dory would be revival of 2000s culture since its just a sequel.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/17/18 at 5:37 pm

And you're still in middle school and 12 years old.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 04/17/18 at 5:38 pm

Hitting puberty in '09.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/17/18 at 5:41 pm

Ah dammit.
I gotta say, 2009-2011 were the worst years of my life...

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/17/18 at 5:42 pm

Ah dammit.
I gotta say, 2009-2011 were the worst years of my life...

;D ;D ;D ;D
2014 and especially 2016 were the worst years of my life. Middle school was terrible with the exception of 7th grade.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/17/18 at 5:46 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D
2014 and especially 2016 were the worst years of my life. Middle school was terrible with the exception of 7th grade.

All of middle school was terrible for me, but 7th grade for me was probably the "least terrible", since I was in the middle that year.
In 6th grade, my class was back at the bottom, and were treated like babies after years of progressing to the top in elementary school, and in 8th grade, my class was being constantly annoyed by the 6th and 7th graders at the time. My god, they were so annoying.
High school was a HUGE improvement, easily the best 4 years of my life.

Written By: Wobo on 04/17/18 at 5:50 pm

All of middle school was terrible for me, but 7th grade for me was probably the "least terrible", since I was in the middle that year.
In 6th grade, my class was back at the bottom, and were treated like babies after years of progressing to the top in elementary school, and in 8th grade, my class was being constantly annoyed by the 6th and 7th graders at the time. My god, they were so annoying.

I agree 7th grade was least terrible.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/17/18 at 5:55 pm

The reason why you hated 6th grade is the exact same reason why I hated it. 6th grade was mostly boring, whereas 8th grade was just downright terrible. I remember in 8th grade we had to do ballroom dancing unless it was against your religion or something and if you didn't come you had to write an essay on the dances. It was terrible, and at the time I was having trouble with my hands which were constantly sweating due to my hyperhidrosis condition, so I just put my sweater sleeves over my hands the whole time.  ;D Thankfully they stopped after some practice but it was still terrible.

7th grade was lit though. I made a lot of friends, and even though I was in the core of my middle school years, it was still fun because at the last day of 7th grade we had an end of the year party and it was amazing. 7th grade was the least terrible because I was longer at the bottom but I still had another year to go.

Even though 2016 was definitely the worst year of my life, I will always have a special place for late 2016, when I started high school and became so much happier. My freshman year was really fun. 2017 has been the second-best year of my life so far. Honestly, 2013, 2015 and 2017 were the three best years of my life so far, with 2013 being the absolute best. I miss that summer so much.

Right now, in 2018, my Sophomore year is ok so far. Isn't as fun as my freshman year but still a billion times better than 8th grade.

Written By: gotuokere on 04/17/18 at 7:17 pm

The reason why you hated 6th grade is the exact same reason why I hated it. 6th grade was mostly boring, whereas 8th grade was just downright terrible. I remember in 8th grade we had to do ballroom dancing unless it was against your religion or something and if you didn't come you had to write an essay on the dances. It was terrible, and at the time I was having trouble with my hands which were constantly sweating due to my hyperhidrosis condition, so I just put my sweater sleeves over my hands the whole time.  ;D Thankfully they stopped after some practice but it was still terrible.

7th grade was lit though. I made a lot of friends, and even though I was in the core of my middle school years, it was still fun because at the last day of 7th grade we had an end of the year party and it was amazing. 7th grade was the least terrible because I was longer at the bottom but I still had another year to go.

Even though 2016 was definitely the worst year of my life, I will always have a special place for late 2016, when I started high school and became so much happier. My freshman year was really fun. 2017 has been the second-best year of my life so far. Honestly, 2013, 2015 and 2017 were the three best years of my life so far, with 2013 being the absolute best. I miss that summer so much.

Right now, in 2018, my Sophomore year is ok so far. Isn't as fun as my freshman year but still a billion times better than 8th grade.

I actually preferred middle school over high school. But we all have our own opinions.  :)

About the 2000's culture, yeah it most likely isn't coming back. I don't even know why I made this thread :)

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/17/18 at 7:35 pm

6th grade was one of my worst school years ever. The only schools I can say are worse are 1st and 2nd because I was verbally and physically bullied to oblivion. 6th grade started off okay, I started noticing girls in sexual way, I was getting good grades in the first semester, though I did get into some stupid arguments with friends, it was just kids being kids honestly. Girls in my grade thought I was cute because of my long blonde hair. In January of that school year, my dad took me to GreatClips to cut it all of when I got in trouble at school. I didn't get any punishments after that and we then got pizza on the way. It was DEFINITELY time for a cut, but at the time, I was crying about it. I was messed with a lot, especially by a girl who was honestly just try to get a raise out of me. We got in a fight and I ended up throwing a dictionary at her. My teacher called my dad. I ended getting several phone calls home towards the end of the school year. Now, I am a straight guy, but in 6th grade, I used to talk about boners all the time. I used to stuff like "Have you ever gotten a boner before" and "You gave me a boner" and stuff like that. This is time of my life I wish I never lived.

7th grade wasn't that great either, I was still going though a lot of growing pains. I was still messed with constantly. There was a fat kid in my class who was bullied by mostly everyone. I tried being friends with him even though he was pretty weird. We were friends for a while, but he didn't want to be friends anymore. I asked why he doesn't want to be my friend and he said "I'm trying to make cooler friends" and he listed off all the other guys except me. First off, middle schoolers aren't cool. Also, you can't pick and choose your friends when you're the biggest punching bag in the school. My other friend would slap me really hard on the back during recess just to get a raise out of me. I was too much of a pussy to do anything about besides scream about it and run away from him.I did enjoy playing Worlds Hardest Game with friends and playing board games at the end of the school year. I have nostalgia for those times.

8th grade was a lot better since we were all a little more mature now. Knowing high school was around corner was great and scary at the same time. There was a lot of funny as fights and fails. Things were so much easier, the school work was easier for me, and it was fun goofing off with friends. I was messed with as much I was in previous years, though it still happened time to time. Graduating 8th grade was a bitter sweet feeling.

And for the record, I'd laugh hysterically at the 9/11 videos that were shown on September 11th, every school year during middle school.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/17/18 at 8:21 pm

6th grade was one of my worst school years ever. The only schools I can say are worse are 1st and 2nd because I was verbally and physically bullied to oblivion. 6th grade started off okay, I started noticing girls in sexual way, I was getting good grades in the first semester, though I did get into some stupid arguments with friends, it was just kids being kids honestly. Girls in my grade thought I was cute because of my long blonde hair. In January of that school year, my dad took me to GreatClips to cut it all of when I got in trouble at school. I didn't get any punishments after that and we then got pizza on the way. It was DEFINITELY time for a cut, but at the time, I was crying about it. I was messed with a lot, especially by a girl who was honestly just try to get a raise out of me. We got in a fight and I ended up throwing a dictionary at her. My teacher called my dad. I ended getting several phone calls home towards the end of the school year. Now, I am a straight guy, but in 6th grade, I used to talk about boners all the time. I used to stuff like "Have you ever gotten a boner before" and "You gave me a boner" and stuff like that. This is time of my life I wish I never lived.

7th grade wasn't that great either, I was still going though a lot of growing pains. I was still messed with constantly. There was a fat kid in my class who was bullied by mostly everyone. I tried being friends with him even though he was pretty weird. We were friends for a while, but he didn't want to be friends anymore. I asked why he doesn't want to be my friend and he said "I'm trying to make cooler friends" and he listed off all the other guys except me. First off, middle schoolers aren't cool. Also, you can't pick and choose your friends when you're the biggest punching bag in the school. My other friend would slap me really hard on the back during recess just to get a raise out of me. I was too much of a pussy to do anything about besides scream about it and run away from him.I did enjoy playing Worlds Hardest Game with friends and playing board games at the end of the school year. I have nostalgia for those times.

8th grade was a lot better since we were all a little more mature now. Knowing high school was around corner was great and scary at the same time. There was a lot of funny as fights and fails. Things were so much easier, the school work was easier for me, and it was fun goofing off with friends. I was messed with as much I was in previous years, though it still happened time to time. Graduating 8th grade was a bitter sweet feeling.

And for the record, I'd laugh hysterically at the 9/11 videos that were shown on September 11th, every school year during middle school.

Damn, yeah middle schoolers are mostly immature. I'm not sure if you heard me say this before but I remember in 7th grade when one of my friends put a french fry up his nose and pretended that it was a booger. He put it up so far he ended up sneezing and his snot was on it, and he ate the french fry with his snot on it. I was honestly so disgusted I moved to a different table and lost about half of my appetite. In 8th grade, I remember when we had to do work on a computer and we had to make a comment. It said we needed about 5 sentences and I only put about 3 I think, then someone responded and was like "It said 5 sentences not 3" and some other girl replied with that comment and said "Yeah Emma" and I'm just like "whatever". I remember when me and my friends would mess around with this guy who was my friend's crush, and we used to hide his stuff, like put his backpack in the trash and cover it with paper towels and chase him, which led us into trouble a few times. It was funny though. He used to do the same things back to us and I ended up late for my bus once because I couldn't find my backpack.  ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 04/17/18 at 8:38 pm

8th grade was my favorite grade of middle school (or least worst) but it still wasn't perfect. Plus, the pop culture throughout 2009-10 was really good IMO, being the first early 10's season culturally. I made the most friends in 8th grade too. I remember the 8th grade dance towards the end of the year being really fun. 6th & 7th grade were both really bad in different ways, but 6th grade was my worst. 7th grade was just the most dramatic. The peak of immaturity. Just imagine the disaster of 12 & 13 year old's. Last year as a kid combined with the first year as a teen.  8-P

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/17/18 at 9:19 pm

8th grade was my favorite grade of middle school (or least worst) but it still wasn't perfect. Plus, the pop culture throughout 2009-10 was really good IMO, being the first early 10's season culturally. I made the most friends in 8th grade too. I remember the 8th grade dance towards the end of the year being really fun. 6th & 7th grade were both really bad in different ways, but 6th grade was my worst. 7th grade was just the most dramatic. The peak of immaturity. Just imagine the disaster of 12 & 13 year old's. Last year as a kid combined with the first year as a teen.  8-P

I definitely agree. I actually remember when it was my 12th birthday and a 7th grader was like "Oh, you're so young, I'm 13"  ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/18/18 at 10:41 am

Damn, yeah middle schoolers are mostly immature. I'm not sure if you heard me say this before but I remember in 7th grade when one of my friends put a french fry up his nose and pretended that it was a booger. He put it up so far he ended up sneezing and his snot was on it, and he ate the french fry with his snot on it. I was honestly so disgusted I moved to a different table and lost about half of my appetite. In 8th grade, I remember when we had to do work on a computer and we had to make a comment. It said we needed about 5 sentences and I only put about 3 I think, then someone responded and was like "It said 5 sentences not 3" and some other girl replied with that comment and said "Yeah Emma" and I'm just like "whatever". I remember when me and my friends would mess around with this guy who was my friend's crush, and we used to hide his stuff, like put his backpack in the trash and cover it with paper towels and chase him, which led us into trouble a few times. It was funny though. He used to do the same things back to us and I ended up late for my bus once because I couldn't find my backpack.  ;D
Dang bruh, compared to y'all my middle school years mines seemed mature. At my middle school a lot of the kids acted like high schoolers (mostly because a lot of the kids at my middle school were held back) like there was on kid in my grade who had his drivers license in the 8th grade.  I remembered feeling like a little kid compared to some of my classmates because they were already going on dates, making out, some were even  having sex by then.

Written By: gotuokere on 04/18/18 at 11:13 am

Maybe 2000's culture will never fully return, but do you think 2000's style cartoons will return? Like ones like Camp Lazlo, The Mighty B!, My Gym Partner's a Monkey and El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera? The 2010's are coming to an end, and we've gotten some older style cartoons recently like The Loud House, which is definitely a step in the right direction. Nick kinda seems to have old and new style cartoons right now, but Cartoon Network only has new style cartoons, like Craig of the Creek.

Written By: duenas8 on 04/18/18 at 1:47 pm

I think 2000’s culture nostalgia won’t never be big as the 80s or 90s, but sooner or later will return

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 2:24 pm

I think 2000’s culture nostalgia won’t never be big as the 80s or 90s, but sooner or later will return

it already is coming back

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 2:49 pm

2000's culture will never return. We will never be in the same world as we were in 2005. It's time the 2020's start having their own unique culture just like plenty of other decades did.

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 2:54 pm

2000's culture will never return. We will never be in the same world as we were in 2005. It's time the 2020's start having their own unique culture just like plenty of other decades did.

Yeah i want the 2020s to have its own culture and identity that it will be remembered for once the 2020s are over espacially the Early 2020s

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/18/18 at 3:21 pm

More like 2001, A lot of stuff we have today exsited in 2005.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 3:43 pm

Technology destroyed 2000s culture, sadly

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 3:45 pm

That doesn't mean we are still in the same world since 2005.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 3:49 pm

That doesn't mean we are still in the same world since 2005.

2000s culture was in a nutshell

-Myspace.com
- hanging at the Mall
-Going outside
- Pop Punk
-aol aim

The basics of the 2000s culture ^

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 3:53 pm

2000s culture was in a nutshell

-Myspace.com
- hanging at the Mall
-Going outside
- Pop Punk
-aol aim

The basics of the 2000s culture ^

I went outside today. Is that a sign that 2000's culture is still here? ::) ;D

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 3:53 pm

I went outside today. Is that a sign that 2000's culture is still here? ::) ;D

I ment like people skate boarding and hanging out ouside

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 3:54 pm

I ment like people skate boarding and hanging out ouside

People still do that today.  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 3:55 pm

People still do that today.  ;D

Not as much in the past, if you go outside right now I doubt you will see groups of people hanging out,
just cars

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 3:56 pm

Not as much in the past, if you go outside right now I doubt you will see groups of people hanging out,
just cars

A lot of people in my neighborhood still hang out outside. If going outside is 2000's culture then we've pretty much been in 2000's culture ever since planet earth was made.  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 3:58 pm

A lot of people in my neighborhood still hang out outside. If going outside is 2000's culture then we've pretty much been in 2000's culture ever since planet earth was made.  ;D

Ask anyone on this website and they will tell you people dont hang in hoards of people like they do in the 2000s

yes people go outside to the store to get food and gas and etc, but people dont hang out in massive groups of people like the 2000s

Go outside right now and report back to me how many groups of people u see walking in the streets

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:00 pm

Ask anyone on this website and they will tell you people dont hang in hoards of people like they do in the 2000s

yes people go outside to the store to get food and gas and etc, but people dont hang out in massive groups of people like the 2000s

Go outside right now and report back to me how many groups of people u see walking in the streets

She mean't at skating parks

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:01 pm

So groups of people walking in the streets is considered 2000's culture?  ;D ;D

I guess we could easily bring back 2000's culture then if everyone just gathered all their friends and walked in the street.  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:03 pm

So groups of people walking in the streets is considered 2000's culture?  ;D ;D

I guess we could easily bring back 2000's culture then if everyone just gathered all their friends and walked in the street.  ;D

Yes it is, hanging outside instead of staying on your phone 24/7 or on the computer can be considered culture

Interacting with human beings  vs being on tech

here is an article that describes exactly what I am saying

http://2machines.com/188164/

There was even a TEd talks on it

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:04 pm

Yes it is, hanging outside instead of staying on your phone 24/7 or on the computer can be considered culture

Interacting with human beings  vs being on tech

here is an article that describes exactly what I am saying

http://2machines.com/188164/

There was even a TEd talks on it

So let's say the year was 1960 or something and there were groups of people walking on the street. Does that mean 2000's culture was around in the 60's?  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/18 at 4:05 pm

Many.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:07 pm

Many.

Unless you were around a school, I highly doubt u went outside and saw Hoards and dozens of people all walking at once

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:08 pm

So let's say the year was 1960 or something and there were groups of people walking on the street. Does that mean 2000's culture was around in the 60's?  ;D

going outside in hoards was last a thing in the 2000s I consider it a part of 2000s culture yes

TEd talks even did a 15 min thing on it so its not me just making this up

As early as 2011 there was websites reporting on this

https://www.business2community.com/health-wellness/top-10-reasons-why-kids-dont-go-outside-to-play-027307

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 4:08 pm

Unless you were around a school, I highly doubt u went outside and saw Hoards and dozens of people all walking at once

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8d6fcf01abf0246f6e49957b5bdd318b/tenor.gif?itemid=4793800

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:09 pm

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8d6fcf01abf0246f6e49957b5bdd318b/tenor.gif?itemid=4793800

Unless you were at a school  (where there is thousands of people)
I doubt he would go on his street and see 20 people all walking at once
and goofing around

There are many websites talking about it if you type  " People don't go outside anymore"
on google

https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-kids-go-outside-anymore

http://truthstreammedia.com/2014/01/16/digital-zombies-the-age-where-kids-dont-look-up-and-barely-go-outside-anymore/

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:12 pm

and goofing around

There are many websites talking about it if you type  " People don't go outside anymore"
on google

http://truthstreammedia.com/2014/01/16/digital-zombies-the-age-where-kids-dont-look-up-and-barely-go-outside-anymore/

So walking outside and goofing around with your friends is 2000's culture.

As if plenty of people haven't done that way before the 2000's even started.  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:14 pm

So walking outside and goofing around with your friends is 2000's culture.

As if plenty of people haven't done that way before the 2000's even started.  ;D

That is 2000s culture, Going outside and hanging with friends or going to the mall
is culture, since the advent of Smartphones there has been a decrease in people going outside and doing this.

I just linked u over 5 websites making the same claim I am making. Going outside and hanging with friends is not exclusive to the 2000s
but its very much a part of it, after the 2000s people stopped doing it as much, I already linked you over 5 websites (once which includes a Ted Talks about)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 4:14 pm

and goofing around

on google

None of the info you posted correlates with what you're saying.

Also, kids may be spending more time inside but groups of people walking together is still widely common. I don't even know what you're trying to prove, lol.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:17 pm

None of the info you posted correlates with what you're saying.

Also, kids may be spending more time inside but groups of people walking together is still widely common. I don't even know what you're trying to prove, lol.

All of the websites I am linking are talking about how smartphones have replaced the need to hang at spots, there is even a ted talks on one of the websites I linked ... it is correlating to what I am saying

Technology have destroyed hang out spots like Blockbuster due to Netflix, and the mall due to Amazon. I am not saying people dont go outside period, but they days of Skateboarding in the street with 40 people, and hanging with 20 people on the sidewalk have decreased since smart phones

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 4:18 pm

All of the websites I am linking are talking about how smartphones have replaced the need to hang at spots, there is even a ted talks on one of the websites I linked ... it is correlating to what I am saying

Technology have destroyed hang out spots like Blockbuster due to Netflix, and the mall due to Amazon

That doesn't mean that people don't hang out.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about but malls are still pretty popular.

LMAO, still don't know what you're arguing.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:19 pm

Also, I don't know what you're talking about but malls are still pretty popular.

i never said people don't hang out , I said hanging outside in hoards of people

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 4:20 pm

i never said people don't hang out , I said hanging outside in hoards of people

That statement is still false.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:20 pm

http://time.com/4865957/death-and-life-shopping-mall/

https://www.business2community.com/consumer-marketing/death-retail-no-one-going-mall-anymore-01984109

Your statment is false

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:21 pm

90's culture:
http://www.mikesjournal.com/April%202008/Empty%20Street.jpg

2000's culture:
https://dipaolasarahsoundforartists.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/sidewalk.jpg

2010's culture:

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/18 at 4:22 pm

Why are you saying "around schools doesn't count" and at the same time only referencing to children's/teen's socializing? "Kids don't hang out in groups anymore except when they do" ???

There were loud teens playing basketball on my street and kids riding their bikes a couple of days ago when it was warm.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:23 pm

90's culture:

2000's culture:

2010's culture:

I never said it was exclusive to the 2000s, I said hanging out at places was a huge thing in the 2000s
and both those pics you linked were from the 2010s

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 4:23 pm

http://time.com/4865957/death-and-life-shopping-mall/

https://www.business2community.com/consumer-marketing/death-retail-no-one-going-mall-anymore-01984109

Your statment is false

Not really, until most malls are gone then your statement is false.

Also, going to malls is not exculsive to the 2000s...so your argument is false.

90's culture:

2000's culture:

2010's culture:

LOL ;D.

Why are you saying "around schools doesn't count" and at the same time only referencing to children's/teen's socializing? "Kids don't hang out in groups anymore except when they do" ???

There were loud teens playing basketball on my street and kids riding their bikes a couple of days ago when it was warm.

Exactly.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:24 pm

I never said schools don't count I said if you are near a school obv theres going to be thousands of teens there hanging out

A school  ( a place where there are tons of teens) are going to be hanging outside, or playing basketball

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:25 pm

Not really, until most malls are gone then your statement is false.

Also, going to malls is not exculsive to the 2000s...so your argument is false.

LOL ;D.
Exactly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/06/why-no-one-likes-indoor-malls-any-more/?utm_term=.0db8c0483af5

http://www.businessinsider.com/things-that-disappeared-dying-malls-2017-11

http://techiediva.com/2017/01/20/people-still-go-malls-anymore/

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/02/news/economy/doomed-malls/index.html

"Malls are doomed: 25% will be gone in 5 years"

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:26 pm

90's culture:

2000's culture:

2010's culture:

What i could've sworn kids were outside in the 90s playing Pokemon and riding their skateboards.  ???

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:27 pm

What i could've sworn kids were outside in the 90s playing Pokemon and riding their skateboards.  ???

Thats what I am saying  in the 90s and 2000s people played outside more, going outside and playing is not excluisve
to one decade, but after the 2000s is when that kind of stopped

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:30 pm

Also 2010s culture
https://i.imgur.com/nfI6sj7.png

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 4:33 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/06/why-no-one-likes-indoor-malls-any-more/?utm_term=.0db8c0483af5

http://www.businessinsider.com/things-that-disappeared-dying-malls-2017-11

http://techiediva.com/2017/01/20/people-still-go-malls-anymore/

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/02/news/economy/doomed-malls/index.html

"Malls are doomed: 25% will be gone in 5 years"

OK, this is pointless.

I disagree with your assertion and that's that. I'm not going any further.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:45 pm

I just saw people walking outside so we're definitely 100% still in 2000's culture.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:45 pm

OK, this is pointless.

I disagree with your assertion and that's that. I'm not going any further.

Your argument against me was saying Malls are not dying and yet CNN says a majority of them
will be dead by 2020

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:45 pm

I just saw people walking outside so we're definitely 100% still in 2000's culture.

I was just outside and i went to 7/11 and saw one person walking by themselves and they were 50 year old looking

Did not see any groups of people walking or skateboarding

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:50 pm

Heard a bunch of kids outside that means we're still in 2000s culture.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:52 pm

Heard a bunch of kids outside that means we're still in 2000s culture.

I just saw a bunch of people outside and then it started raining so they all went back inside. I think 2000's culture might actually be fading and early 2020's culture is coming in.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:52 pm

I just saw a bunch of people outside and then it started raining so they all went back inside. I think 2000's culture might actually be fading and early 2020's culture is coming in.

I just saw the Lock key and the @admin needs to lock this thread

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:54 pm

I hear the air conditioner i guess thats early 2020s culture.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:54 pm

I hear Chucky the owner of the website

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:55 pm

I hear the air conditioner i guess thats early 2020s culture.

Is it hot or cold? If it's cold then that means 2000's culture is fading and people are going inside. If it's hot then that's a huge sign of early 2020's culture.

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:55 pm

Is it hot or cold? If it's cold then that means 2000's culture is fading and people are going inside. If it's hot then that's a huge sign of early 2020's culture.

Its cold so its the revival of 2000s culture where i am.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:56 pm

oh CHUCKY where ARE U  =) 8)

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 4:57 pm

Its cold sio its the revival of 2000s culture where i am.

I don't see any flies outside. I think we might actually be in the cultural 2020's already and 2000's cultural is completely and dead gone.

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 4:58 pm

I don't see any flies outside. I think we might actually be in the cultural 2020's already and 2000's cultural is completely and dead gone.

A Fly went inside my ear while i was outside so thats 2000s culture.

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 4:58 pm

Oh chucky theres your PM button!

Written By: prodanny288 on 04/18/18 at 5:13 pm

I felt that man.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 5:47 pm

I don't know. I just saw my neighbor walking inside and I think that might actually be a sign of early 2020's culture.

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 5:52 pm

I don't know. I just saw my neighbor walking inside and I think that might actually be a sign of early 2020's culture.

I shocked my brothers hand and that was signs 2020s culture

Written By: John Titor on 04/18/18 at 5:53 pm

alright we get it, the joke is played out now

Written By: gotuokere on 04/18/18 at 7:02 pm

I agree with John Titor, people hanging out on skateboards in numerous quantities was part of 2000's culture. I remember when extreme sports and stunts and skaters like Tony Hawk and Shaun Palmer were really popular in the early 2000's. Nowadays, you barely see people skateboarding in humongous groups or give much interest into pro skaters anymore. Social media and smartphones has definitely played a role in this. John Titor isn't saying hanging out with people is only in the 2000's, he's saying that people hanging out with each with skateboards and stunts is outdated. Why else did they make so much shows dedicated to this in the early 2000's? Rocket Power, Nick GAS, etc. It is clear that this is 2000's culture. It has definitely died down over the years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 7:07 pm

The extreme "XTREME" sports trend was huge in the late '90s and early '00s (1998-2002/2003).

So it's not exclusive to the 2000s.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/18/18 at 7:23 pm

The extreme "XTREME" sports trend was huge in the late '90s and early '00s (1998-2002/2003).

So it's not exclusive to the 2000s.

The X-Games started in 1995.

The "extreme" trend probably peaked in around 2002:
*The South Park episode "Asspen" came out that year.
*It was the first year where X Games were televised live.
*I think that the show Rocket Power peaked in 2002.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 7:32 pm

The X-Games started in 1995.

The "extreme" trend probably peaked in around 2002:
*The South Park episode "Asspen" came out that year.
*It was the first year where X Games were televised live.
*I think that the show Rocket Power peaked in 2002.

Yeah, like I said..."X-Treme sports" were huge from 1998-2002/2003.

Check for new replies or respond here...