inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember the Souja boy and Ice T beef from 2008

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/27/18 at 4:12 pm

It's been almost ten years since this video was uploaded to youtube. I hardly remember this beef while it was going on but I do remember the song lemonade which was a diss track. This beef was so big that the Boondocks did an entire parody episode on this with Sgt Gudda vs Thugnificent. jBunEb50p2E

Subject: Re: Remember the Souja boy and Ice T beef from 2008

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/27/18 at 4:23 pm

Yeah Ice T said Soulja killed Hip-Hop. Soulja got NWA's song mixed up with Ice-T's song when trying to call him out. And Kanye defended SouljaBoy with some ridiculous statement. I think he called Soulja a legend or something like that, still don't know if he was serious when he said that.

Tbh I thought Ice-T was overexaggerating when he said Soulja killed Hip-Hop but looking back on it, Soulja was one of the first rappers to get famous from social media/internet. Now we have toooons of rappers getting famous from the internet.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/27/18 at 4:28 pm

Ice T response video was uploaded on my 12th birthday. IFpi11zACmc

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/27/18 at 6:54 pm

Chain Hang Low killed hip hop.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/27/18 at 7:20 pm

I used to watch the Soulja Boy Vs. Ice T uploads literally ALL THE TIME. Its one of the only beefs in Hip Hop I was actually aware of in time and followed. Soulja Boy held his own while Ice T responded as if he choose to back down.

One of the most unexpected beefs.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/27/18 at 7:22 pm

Yeah, I remember this.

Ice-T is not completely wrong :P.

Written By: Wobo on 05/27/18 at 7:29 pm

Saw the video it was pretty hilarious.

Written By: Shemp97 on 06/02/18 at 4:44 pm

SB is the Tommy Wiseau/Rebecca Black of HipHop. Acting like his song was popular because people unironically liked it.

In all honesty I'd rather go back to that time than listen to the trash on the radio now. Like Ice T said, we had Lupe Fiasco, Young Jeezy, TI, Ludacris. As well as Kanye West, Common and 50 Cent. Now we only have Kendrick(who's only ok) and Drake in a sea of wackness.

Check for new replies or respond here...