inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What comes to mind when you people say "remember 2000s cartoons"?

Written By: Star Struck on 05/28/18 at 5:30 pm

When someone asks what were your favorite cartoons from the 2000s, what comes to mind? Let me start:
Fairly Odd parents
Ed Edd n Eddy
Powerpuff Girl
Teen Titans
Rocket Power
Duck Dodgers
Jackie Chan Adventures
Dragon Tales
Invader Zim
As Told by Ginger
The Wild Thornberrys
Danny Phantom
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Lloyd in Space
Cramp Twins
Pokemon 2nd and 3rd Gens (mainly 2nd for me)
Yugioh
Digimon
What's your favorite 2000s cartoons?

Subject: Re: What comes to mind when you people say "remember 2000s cartoons"?

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 05/28/18 at 5:51 pm

When I was little, I LIVED for Camp Lazlo and Flapjack  :D

EDIT: Chowder + PowerPuff Girls

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/28/18 at 6:24 pm

You already listed most of my favorites, but I also loved Avatar the Last Airbender and Code Name Kids Next Door. Whenever I think of cartoons from the 2000's I instantly think of the bold out-line and angular design style that was popular.   

Written By: GH1996 on 05/28/18 at 8:40 pm

First ones that come to mind that i used to watch were: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Futurama, Family Guy, King of The Hill, The Boondocks, Pokemon, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Weekenders..

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/28/18 at 9:27 pm

Fosters Home

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/28/18 at 9:42 pm

Samurai Jack
Kim Possible
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
KND
Danny Phantom
Aqua Teen

Written By: Wobo on 05/28/18 at 10:01 pm

Me and my older brother were just roasting eachother of what Chowder character we looked like.  ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/28/18 at 10:20 pm

Proud Family :D

Written By: d90 on 05/28/18 at 11:45 pm

Jimmy Neutron
Fairly Odd Parents
Sponge Bob
Futurama
Lloyd in Space
The Weekenders
Kim Possible
Proud Family
The Emperors new school
Dave the Barbarian
The Replacements

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/29/18 at 3:48 pm

Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, The Fairly Oddparents, King of the Hill, Phineas and Ferb, Ed Ed and Eddy, Futurama, South Park, Aqua Teen Hungerforce, Family Guy, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Code Monkeys, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Penguins of Madagascar

Written By: wixness on 05/29/18 at 4:02 pm

Ben 10, Freefonix, Skyland, W.I.T.C.H., Winx Club (even though I've only started watching it recently), Teen Titans (never got to see it) and X-Men: Evolution (never really saw it either - I guess I'm more obsessed with the girls and animation style from the X-Men animated franchises so far).

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/29/18 at 9:28 pm

Everything that the others have said. Shows not mentioned I'll say include: Code Lyoko, Totally Spies, Juniper Lee, Atomic Betty, Secret Saturdays, Batman: Brave & the Bold, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Static Shock. Then, Total Drama, All Grown Up, ChalkZone, Evil Con Carne, Sheep in the Big City, Kappa Mikey, Hamtaro, Justice League and its unlimited sequel, One Piece, and Sonic X.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/30/18 at 12:00 pm

Everything that the others have said. Shows not mentioned I'll say include: Code Lyoko, Totally Spies, Juniper Lee, Atomic Betty, Secret Saturdays, Batman: Brave & the Bold, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Static Shock. Then, Total Drama, All Grown Up, ChalkZone, Evil Con Carne, Sheep in the Big City, Kappa Mikey, Hamtaro, Justice League and its unlimited sequel, One Piece, and Sonic X.

Since Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh were mentioned, I feel like DBZ should be included. I mean, the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack literally rebirthed it into the 2000s.

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/30/18 at 1:01 pm

You already listed most of my favorites, but I also loved Avatar the Last Airbender and Code Name Kids Next Door. Whenever I think of cartoons from the 2000's I instantly think of the bold out-line and angular design style that was popular. 

Maybe I'll have to turn in my Late Millennial card but tbqh, I thought KND was cringecore even as a kid. :P Blasphemy I know. I liked the spy/secret agent/military theme of KND but overall, the really lame humor and the characters screaming constantly turned me off of it. You may crucify me now.

But don't kill me yet. I liked the other Cartoon Cartoons very much.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/30/18 at 1:23 pm

Maybe I'll have to turn in my Late Millennial card but tbqh, I thought KND was cringecore even as a kid. :P Blasphemy I know. I liked the spy/secret agent/military theme of KND but overall, the really lame humor and the characters screaming constantly turned me off of it. You may crucify me now.

But don't kill me yet. I liked the other Cartoon Cartoons very much.

Codename: KND was one of the best and most creative cartoons IMO. There were some Cartoon Cartoons out there that weren't as good, such as Mike, Lu & Og and What Ever Happened to Robot Jones. Time Squad was underrated, but not as exciting as getting pumped up for a Codename: KND episode. Cow & Chicken was overrated. Good show, but so much toilet humor in there and just as much screaming & yelling as KND or more.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/30/18 at 1:24 pm

Most of the 2000's cartoons that premiered between the late 90's up until 2005. Huge list, and I'll list those later.

Check for new replies or respond here...