inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What did you mostly watch on TV in the 2000s? Question for 00s kids.

Written By: Wobo on 06/03/18 at 8:13 pm

Not just for 00s kids but for anybody who remembers watching TV alot in the previous decade, for me i don't remember but it was Cartoon Network, Noggin and PBS Kids.

Subject: Re: What did you mostly watch on TV in the 2000s? Question for 00s kids.

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/18 at 8:30 pm

I watched hundreds of TV shows. TV (and video games) were my main form of entertainment in the 2000s, as opposed to the Internet today.

2000-2003 I watched mostly cartoons. Mid-2004 onwards I started watching more adult-oriented programming. I skipped that preteen Disney Channel sitcom phase entirely, fortunately ;D

Subject: Re: What did you mostly watch on TV in the 2000s? Question for 00s kids.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 06/03/18 at 8:59 pm

I also mostly watched cartoons throughout all of the 2000's. But I do remember occasionally watching The Office and 30 Rock with my parents. And sometimes at night I would sneakily watch Comedy Central.  ;D

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 06/03/18 at 9:05 pm

Mostly reruns of older shows.

The only shows that I watched when they were fresh out of the box were Spongebob, The Fairly Oddparents, and Drake and Josh.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/04/18 at 12:23 am

Cartoons: Fairly Odd Parents  (my fav cartoon ever), Sailormoon, Pokemon, DBZ, Dexters Lab, Jimmy Neutron, Hey Arnold, As Told By Ginger, Kim Possible, Proud Family, Recess, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Powerpuff Girls, Grim Adventures, Spongebob, Totally Spies, Catdog, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (animated series), Invader Zim, Foster's Home, Ed Edd n Eddy, Rocket Power, Yu Gi Oh, Teenage Robot, a little Braceface, Mike's Super Short Show

Other kid stuff/Live Action: Even Stevens, The Amanda Show, Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, All That, Drake & Josh, Sister Sister, 1st season of Zack & Cody, Unfabulous, a little Zoey 101

Sitcoms: The Parkers, Moesha, Half & Half, Girlfriends, My Wife & Kids, Eve, One on One, Bernie Mack Show, BET's Comin to the Stage, Everybody Hates Chris, The Wire, R U The Girl, America's Next Top Model, The Tracy Morgan Show,

Other: Chappelle Show, Punk'd, Room Raiders, Pimp My Ride, MTV Jams, MTV Hits, Rap City, VH1 Soul, VH1 Classic, MTV's Suckafree Sunday's, Next, Wild n Out, MTV Cribs, Meet the Barkers, MTV Diary, Newlyweds, Ashlee Simpson Show, Access Granted, Making The Video, MTV/BET Spring Bling, 106 & Park, TRL, VH1 Countdown, Celebrity Death Match, American Idol, Best Week Ever, Veronica Mars, Gossip Girl, College Hill, Helldate, South Park

I'm sure there are some I forgot because there were so many shows. I can't believe I wrote all that.

Written By: 97er on 06/04/18 at 3:30 am

Nickelodeon: Drake and Josh, Spongebob, Zoey 101, Fairy Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, Unfabulous, Ned’s Declassified, Taina, The Brothers Garcia...a lot more.

Disney (my sheesh): That’s So Raven, Phil of the Future, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Even Stevens, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Kim Possible, Proud Family...many, many more. 2000s were the golden years of DCOMs.

Cartoon Network(I always felt like the weird kids watched this channnel...): Courage and Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Inappropriate reality TV: Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, Flavor of Love with Flava Flav, I love New York.

Others: South Park, Celebrity Smackdown, Family Guy.

Written By: Dundee on 06/04/18 at 9:01 am

Cartoons, Game shows, documentaries, News, series, miscellaneous

Written By: mqg96 on 06/04/18 at 11:46 am

I watched a lot of cartoons so I'm definitely going to miss some of these, and I'm gonna try to eliminate 90's reruns too even though I watched those as well. I'm sticking to the greenlit 2000's shows that were played A LOT. Kindergarten and 1st grade (2001-2003) I watched cartoons only, from 2nd-4th grade (2003-2006) I watched a mixture of both live-action shows & cartoons, and then in 5th grade (2006-2007) I mainly watched live-action shows only and started transitioning over to more mature shows.

Cartoons: Ed, Edd n Eddy, American Dragon Jake Long, Justice League/Unlimited, Dexter's Laboratory, Jimmy Neutron, Spongebob Squarepants, Teen Titans, Invader Zim, CatDog, Kim Possible, The Proud Family, Fairly Odd Parents, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Rocket Power, Dave the Barbarian, Powerpuff Girls, Arthur, Hey Arnold, Codename: KND, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Berenstain Bears, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Recess, Liberty's Kids, House of Mouse, Xiaolin Showdown, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Rugrats, All Grown Up, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ben 10, Yin Yang Yo!, Danny Phantom, Duck Dodgers, Catscratch, Jackie Chan Adventures, Static Shock, Johnny Bravo, What's New Scooby-Doo, Totally Spies, Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Futurama, Family Guy, Phineas & Ferb, Total Drama Island

Live-Action: Drake & Josh, That's So Raven, Even Stevens, Phil of the Future, Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Life With Derek, iCarly (sometimes), Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Zoom, Power Rangers Dino Thunder & SPD, Everybody Hates Chris, The Amazing Race, American Idol, Fear Factor, Survivor, Sasuke (original Ninja Warrior), Iron Chief, Emeril Live, Good Eats, Jeopardy!, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Deal or No Deal, Attack of the Show, X-Play, Cheat!, Icons, Nick's Slime Shows, Nick@Nite, etc.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/04/18 at 12:01 pm

Cartoons: I spent most of the 2000s watching Kids WB and PBS kids since I didn't have cable till 2006. When I got cable I was watching Drake and Josh, Avatar the Last Air Bender, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly oddparents, Danny Phantom, Spongebob, Naruto, Fosters Home, Kids Next Door, Pokemon (after it went to CN) and Ben 10 for Cartoons.

Sitcoms:I mainly grew up watching UPN and WB (before it became CW) I watched shows like The Parkers, King Of Queens, Everybody Hates Chris, What I like about you, Jamie Foxx Show, Girlfriends, Bernie Mac Show, My Wife and Kids and One on One. When I got cable I watched shows like Drak and Josh, Zoey 101, Ned Declassified, ICarly, The Romeo show, Just Jordan, The Game.

Anime: Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Bakugan, Beyblade, Megaman NT Warrior, Blue Dragon, Naruto, Bleach, Inyuashia, Yu-Gi-Oh.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/04/18 at 12:05 pm

Cartoons: I spent most of the 2000s watching Kids WB and PBS kids since I didn't have cable till 2006. When I got cable I was watching Drake and Josh, Avatar the Last Air Bender, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly oddparents, Danny Phantom, Spongebob, Naruto, Fosters Home, Kids Next Door, Pokemon (after it went to CN) and Ben 10 for Cartoons.

Sitcoms:I mainly grew up watching UPN and WB (before it became CW) I watched shows like The Parkers, King Of Queens, Everybody Hates Chris, What I like about you, Jamie Foxx Show, Girlfriends, Bernie Mac Show, My Wife and Kids and One on One. When I got cable I watched shows like Drak and Josh, Zoey 101, Ned Declassified, ICarly, The Romeo show, Just Jordan, The Game.

Anime: Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Bakugan, Beyblade, Megaman NT Warrior, Blue Dragon, Naruto, Bleach, Inyuashia, Yu-Gi-Oh.

Damn that really sucks, the funny thing is 2006 was the year I began to watch cartoons less, but hey you couldn't control that unfortunately. What did you watch on Kids WB regularly from 2005 and earlier?

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/04/18 at 12:07 pm

Really, mostly everything on Cartoon Network. Disney Channel, Kids WB and occasionally Nick. BET, MTV2, and Animal Planet somewhat. I started to notice VH1 by 04 and really got into it in 06.

Written By: duenas8 on 06/05/18 at 2:15 am

Some tv series like Malcolm in The Middle, Lost, Reality Shows, but overall cartoons, including The Simpsons and Futurama

Written By: Mat1991 on 06/05/18 at 3:43 am

In the early '00s, I mainly watched Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney Channel.

From the mid '00s onward, I watched a lot of dating reality shows on MTV and VH1 (such as Date My Mom and Next), teen soaps on The N (now TeenNick) like Degrassi and South of Nowhere. I also watched Adult Swim mainly for Family Guy and Futurama. MadTV was cool, too.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/08/18 at 1:27 pm

I watched Boomerang mostly, sometimes Cartoon Network. I loved watching the older classic cartoons usually like tom and jerry and looney tunes but I did like some newer ones like Fosters home for imaginary friends and Spongebob Squarepants.

Check for new replies or respond here...