inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 2000s Miniseries CNN.

Written By: Wobo on 06/06/18 at 10:37 pm

Here's the trailer!
VzQXfdlq7eo

Subject: Re: The 2000s CNN.

Written By: Dundee on 06/07/18 at 4:12 am

Didn't you already make a thread about this? ???

Written By: mqg96 on 06/07/18 at 8:14 am

Didn't you already make a thread about this? ???

I don't know, but some people on this site just have a terrible habit of bumping old threads from years ago and repeating the same threads over and over again.

Written By: Wobo on 06/07/18 at 2:17 pm

Fine i'll just lock this thread i only made another thread to get people's attention.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/07/18 at 2:27 pm

Fine i'll just lock this thread i only made another thread to get people's attention.

It puts everyone off otherwise. You could have bumped the thread you already made.

Written By: Wobo on 06/07/18 at 2:28 pm

It puts everyone off otherwise. You could have bumped the thread you already made.

That's what i did nobody cared to view.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/07/18 at 2:44 pm

That's what i did nobody cared to view.

They view it but they may can't think of a respond at that time. Wait till actual episodes air and people will come back to your thread for discussion. Your sh!t can grow dude but you gotta let it.

Written By: Wobo on 06/07/18 at 2:51 pm

They view it but they may can't think of a respond at that time. Wait till actual episodes air and people will come back to your thread for discussion. Your sh!t can grow dude but you gotta let it.

They could speculate on topics that will be discussed in the series but i guess your right for now i'll probably just lock this thread.

Written By: Wobo on 07/02/18 at 7:20 am

DyIWhCgzHY0

Written By: Wobo on 07/06/18 at 9:43 am

The miniseries comes out July 8th on CNN.

Written By: Wobo on 07/07/18 at 10:30 am

It comes out tomorrow.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/07/18 at 9:50 pm

It comes out tomorrow.

I feel like they'll be bias as f. I don't think I want to watch it anymore. Haha

Written By: 2001 on 07/08/18 at 12:19 pm

I feel like they'll be bias as f. I don't think I want to watch it anymore. Haha

If you remember the decade then I don't see the point in watching this  :-X

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/08/18 at 12:23 pm

If you remember the decade then I don't see the point in watching this  :-X

To reminisce?

Written By: 2001 on 07/08/18 at 12:50 pm

To reminisce?

The trailer isn't doing much for me lol. I mean... yeah... that happened. >_>

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/08/18 at 1:18 pm

The trailer isn't doing much for me lol. I mean... yeah... that happened. >_>
I watch the 90s one last year it was pretty good.

Written By: exodus08 on 07/08/18 at 2:42 pm

I watch the 90s one last year it was pretty good.

I'm actully excited for The 2000s one then I was for the Nineties. I guess because i remember the decade from beginning to last.

Subject: Re: The 2000s Miniseries CNN.

Written By: Wobo on 07/10/18 at 9:29 pm

What do you guys think about the intro? I think it was solid.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/22/18 at 5:54 pm

Is anyone else watching this?

I love it so far and I think the intro is solid.

The 3rd episode premieres tonight at 9 PM ET.

Written By: Wobo on 07/22/18 at 6:20 pm

Is anyone else watching this?

I love it so far and I think the intro is solid.

The 3rd episode premieres tonight at 9 PM ET.

I'm watching it, i'm on episode 2. Episode 1 was boring so i skipped it, it was just only about reality shows in the 2000s so.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/22/18 at 6:26 pm

Damn I forgot about the 2nd episode, but I will remember the 3rd episode tonight!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/22/18 at 6:42 pm

I'm watching it, i'm on episode 2. Episode 1 was boring so i skipped it, it was just only about reality shows in the 2000s so.

The first episode wasn't just about reality shows. It was about TV shows in general in the 2000s. I found it to be very interesting.

Damn I forgot about the 2nd episode, but I will remember the 3rd episode tonight!

The 2nd episode was about the controversy over the 2000 presidential election, George W. Bush's first few months in office, 9/11, the start of the War in Afghanistan, then the lead up and the very beginning of the Iraq War.

Written By: Wobo on 07/22/18 at 6:46 pm

The first episode wasn't just about reality shows. It was about TV shows in general in the 2000s. I found it to be very interesting.
The 2nd episode was about the controversy over the 2000 presidential election, George W. Bush's first few months in office, 9/11, the start of the War in Afghanistan, then the lead up and the very beginning of the Iraq War.

Did it even feature any notable cartoons from the decade? Like Family Guy or Spongebob? I just bored of the episode because i i didn't see any precense of any animated shows.

Written By: exodus08 on 07/22/18 at 6:56 pm

Did it even feature any notable cartoons from the decade? Like Family Guy or Spongebob? I just bored of the episode because i i didn't see any precense of any animated shows.

No cartoons were mentioned more like Tv Shows for Adults.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/22/18 at 7:18 pm

No, they didn't show any animated shows.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/22/18 at 8:21 pm

and the interesting thing about the 2000's documentary of TV shows is that what they brought up is what I've mentioned on this forum multiple times in the past! The fact that the first half of the 2000's for sitcoms and TV shows were right where it left off from the 90's, but then after shows like Fraiser and Friends ended that style of traditional/family sitcoms came to an end, and eventually that 70's show and Malcolm and the Middle by 2006 too, and they transitioned into shows that were more about drama, action, science fiction, and seriousness where you really had to watch the show in order to understand it, which are the type of shows that are the most popular today in the 2010's. Shows such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or Supernatural come to mind. You still have sitcoms out there but they don't really have that relatable lifestyle, traditional, or family feel to it like it used to.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/22/18 at 8:25 pm

and the interesting thing about the 2000's documentary of TV shows is that what they brought up is what I've mentioned on this forum multiple times in the past! The fact that the first half of the 2000's for sitcoms and TV shows were right where it left off from the 90's, but then after shows like Fraiser and Friends ended that style of traditional/family sitcoms came to an end, and eventually that 70's show and Malcolm and the Middle by 2006 too, and they transitioned into shows that were more about drama, action, science fiction, and seriousness where you really had to watch the show in order to understand it, which are the type of shows that are the most popular today in the 2010's. Shows such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or Supernatural come to mind. You still have sitcoms out there but they don't really have that relatable lifestyle, traditional, or family feel to it like it used to.

The King of Queens lasted until 2007.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/22/18 at 11:30 pm

Even during the '00s I always thought that it took a long time for the decade to develop it's own identity and this is a big reason why.  Much of the TV during the first half of the 2000s was left over from the 90s.  And that's a good point on the sitcoms.  I mean the '10s does have its sitcoms like the Big Bang Theory, The Middle, The New Girl, etc but they don't seem to have the kind of cultural impact shows like Friends and Seinfeld did or even shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens.  Not sure why that is.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/25/18 at 6:12 am

Oh shart, I forgot about this and I'm missing all the episodes!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/25/18 at 6:54 am

Oh shart, I forgot about this and I'm missing all the episodes!

You may be able to watch it on CNN's website.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/25/18 at 10:08 pm

Okay I finished watching the 2nd episode On Demand that I missed and the 3rd episode that I recorded on my DVR. Episodes 2 & 3 are basically a 2 part "Bush and War on Terror" documentary. Episode 2 being the first half of Bush's presidency and episode 3 being the 2nd half of Bush's presidency. It was interesting to see, and I never realized how the impact of 9/11 made Bush's approval rating go up so high because everybody in the country was so angry by the attacks and wanted to fight back, but the problem is that Bush put this country in so much debt going too deep with the war stuff and the rest was history. The 2nd half of Bush's presidency gave me a lot of memories but it's sad at the same time that he cared way more about the Iraq War than the U.S. citizens, especially with how poorly Katrina was handled.

Written By: 2001 on 07/26/18 at 9:20 am

Episode 1 sounds really interesting, I might watch that seeing as I'm a huge 2000s TV show buff :D

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/26/18 at 2:06 pm

We're not already nostalgic for the 00's are we???  It's only been 4 years since they ended!

Written By: SmartBo1 on 07/26/18 at 2:25 pm

We're not already nostalgic for the 00's are we??? It's only been 4 years since they ended!

Sorry sir but I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/26/18 at 2:35 pm

Sorry sir but I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Oh no.  What is the bad news?  :(

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/26/18 at 2:52 pm

It ended almost a decade ago.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/26/18 at 2:58 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new arrogant troll who just invaded the 00's thread with a narcissistic Madonna gif as his avatar.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/26/18 at 3:02 pm

I'm not a troll! I've been a member here for over 10 years. 

Written By: mqg96 on 07/26/18 at 3:07 pm

I'm not a troll! I've been a member here for over 10 years.

I know. You're still a troll.  ;D

But in all honesty though I can see how the 2000's feel absolutely like yesterday to you, because you spent your entire 20's throughout the decade. That's how I'm going to feel about the 2010's, even by 2025 or 2026 the 2010's will still feel like a day ago to me.

Anyways, back on topic! I saw episode 4 on the guide and it's going to be about the rise of Apple, Google, and Facebook! Can't wait!

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/28/18 at 5:34 pm

http://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051cd081ecf857db851f7dee4e5161e884ad55-wm.jpg?v=3
It's been years, but I finally realized that the mistake of this image isn't the fact that is says that the 90s ended in 2004.......rather the truth is that it didn't end until 2006!

:o

Written By: mqg96 on 07/28/18 at 5:38 pm

http://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051cd081ecf857db851f7dee4e5161e884ad55-wm.jpg?v=3
It's been years, but I finally realized that the mistake of this image isn't the fact that is says that the 90s ended in 2004.......rather the truth is that it didn't end until 2006!

:o

;D ;D ;D ;D

What's up Toon!? You must be bored today if you're making a post like that.... You should check out this documentary tho it's been amazing so far!

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/28/18 at 5:42 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D

What's up Toon!? You must be bored today if you're making a post like that.... You should check out this documentary tho it's been amazing so far!

Yeah, after looking at this thread I was thinking about checking it out. Could give me more insight on some of the things I wasn't aware of during the 2000s.

I just popped on here just to pass the time. Haven't been active in quite a while due to just putting my attention away from internet forums and online social activities.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/28/18 at 5:56 pm

Yeah, after looking at this thread I was thinking about checking it out. Could give me more insight on some of the things I wasn't aware of during the 2000s.

I just popped on here just to pass the time. Haven't been active in quite a while due to just putting my attention away from internet forums and online social activities.

Has your cousin been doing good? I haven't talked to him on YouTube in forever.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/28/18 at 6:33 pm

The ‘90s most definitely did not last until 2006. The Bush re-election and “American Idiot” era in music put a hard stop to that.

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/28/18 at 6:34 pm

Has your cousin been doing good? I haven't talked to him on YouTube in forever.

He's doing alright. I haven't spoken to him in a few weeks, but he seems to be doing alright. Last I spoke to him is mentioned moving into a new home with his lover. Guess life is swallowing up his time.

Written By: Dundee on 07/29/18 at 3:29 pm

The ‘90s most definitely did not last until 2006.
True. Everyone knows the 90s didn't end until 2011 when filthy iphones were getting popular  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: mqg96 on 07/29/18 at 9:51 pm

Episode 4 was the best of the season by far IMO. Origin story of major companies that changed the culture of technology around us with our everyday lives. The origin of the iPod and iPhone and how that impacted our everyday lives, the origin of social media sites such as MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter as well. Then of course how Google changed the way we use the internet. It was very interesting. Owners of these companies such as Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, and Sergey Brin were shown many times throughout this documentary. The technology was built and revealed throughout the 2000's, but the most of these didn't began to have an impact on our pop culture and everyday lives until the 2nd half of the 2000's and 2010's. For those who aren't watching this series, you're really missing out.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/29/18 at 10:06 pm

I'm kind of amazed people are saying the 2000s will be forgotten.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/18 at 7:31 am

I definitely got to watch The 2000's series and now I'm watching The 1980's and 1970's too but it's not by CNN.

Written By: Dundee on 08/09/18 at 6:45 am

I wanted to watch this but I honestly think one hour episodes are too long. At least the intro they made for it is super cool and pretty epic
o9X6MMfv0gY

Written By: mqg96 on 08/09/18 at 12:01 pm

I wanted to watch this but I honestly think one hour episodes are too long. At least the intro they made for it is super cool and pretty epic
o9X6MMfv0gY

LOL 1 hour episodes have been the main standard for TV shows and programs for over a decade now. 30 minute episodes are outdated.

Written By: Wobo on 08/09/18 at 8:23 pm

I finished episode 2, i'm gonna watch episode 3 later. Bush's presidency was pretty interesting

Written By: Howard on 08/10/18 at 7:20 am

LOL 1 hour episodes have been the main standard for TV shows and programs for over a decade now. 30 minute episodes are outdated.

They need time for some commercials.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 10:05 pm

The next episode is going to be about the 2008 Presidential election.

Watching the promo of it makes me a bit emotional. I remember the election well and when he actually won, it was something that I'll never forget.

Being a 9 year old Black boy and seeing B.O. win was incredible and I can't fully describe how it felt for me personally to see him win.

Also, I naively thought the election of Barack Obama meant that America was finally a "post-racial society". If only I had known how naive and foolish I was. What a ride the following 9+ years would end up being. However, I was 9 years old, so I guess my naivety was normal.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/18 at 10:49 pm

I saw the CNN 1980's one. I just watch it for fun, so don't pay attention too much to details. Was a fun documentary!

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/11/18 at 9:52 am

The next episode is going to be about the 2008 Presidential election.

Watching the promo of it makes me a bit emotional. I remember the election well and when he actually won, it was something that I'll never forget.

Being a 9 year old Black boy and seeing B.O. win was incredible and I can't fully describe how it felt for me personally to see him win.

Also, I naively thought the election of Barack Obama meant that America was finally a "post-racial society". If only I had known how naive and foolish I was. What a ride the following 9+ years would end up being. However, I was 9 years old, so I guess my naivety was normal.

It was the first election I was able to vote in, and the night he won was one of the proudest of my life. I couldn't believe our luck, that we might actually turn this country around.

Written By: Wobo on 08/13/18 at 10:50 pm

Watched episode 3 and 4 and just got done watching episode 5, these three episodes were the best episodes, especially 3 and 4, episode 3 was interesting Hurricaine Katrina and the invasion of Iraq, the only interesting part in episode 3 was Youtube and episode four was the recession which was also interesting. I'm all caught up now, i just need to watch episode 6.

Written By: Wobo on 08/15/18 at 8:20 pm

Just finished watching episode 6! Can't wait for episode 7, the music of the 2000s!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/20/18 at 11:32 pm

I just watched the last episode a few hours ago. It was about 2000s music.

The episode was OK but it could have been better. I felt that it was rushed because they only made it an hour long. They should have made it 2 hours long, so that it wasn't rushed and they could have included more songs.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/22/18 at 1:58 pm

Listen up. I"m here because I wanted to talk to you about...us... about all that we've been through
I wanted to talk about me and you
I remember when we first met
You didn't know who you were yet.  I didn't know who Iwas
WE grew up together
So, 10 years... what  -what's the big deal, huh?

Written By: Wobo on 08/24/18 at 6:37 am

Just finished watching episode 7, the last episode, it was decent, it did include a good amount of artists from the 2000s but they should've included DMX, Gorillaz and a few other artists/bands overall the episode was fine, the 2000s miniseries overall was pretty good, i really loved it.

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/24/18 at 7:01 am

I just watched the last episode a few hours ago. It was about 2000s music.

The episode was OK but it could have been better. I felt that it was rushed because they only made it an hour long. They should have made it 2 hours long, so that it wasn't rushed and they could have included more songs.

What were some of the songs they spoke about?

Written By: Wobo on 08/24/18 at 7:57 am

What were some of the songs they spoke about?

Crazy in love, they spoke about a few artists like, Eminem, Kanye, Jay Z, Outkast and Beyonce they other songs they spoke about was American Idiot by Green Day and Hey Ya by Outkast.
You can watch the full episode here:
sv51fwnCm24

Written By: Dundee on 08/24/18 at 9:14 am

Watched the music episode because I was curious. T'was alright, fairly rushed like Panther said. Talked a little too long about the Napster debacle, and barely talked about the rise of iTunes to balance that out. A bit sad too see the only time Avril Lavigne was mentioned was as an example of the Napster thing.

No mention of tv reality and how artists like Kelly Clarkson became popularized, unless it was in another episode? Instead they talked about the rise of internet artists like Justin Bieber and his song "Baby" that imo should have been kept as a subject for an eventual 2010s series. No mention of artists like Amy Whinehouse and Nelly Furtado either disapointingly enough despite being actually defining for the 2000s unlike Justin Bieber. Also they used "Firework" in the episode despite being a single that came out in 2010 and peaked in 2011 (like really? Katy Perry had I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold that could have been you know, actual good choices to be featured in the series).

Could have been better, definitely

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/18 at 9:57 am

Watched the music episode because I was curious. T'was alright, fairly rushed like Panther said. Talked a little too long about the Napster debacle, and barely talked about the rise of iTunes to balance that out. A bit sad too see the only time Avril Lavigne was mentioned was as an example of the Napster thing.

No mention of tv reality and how artists like Kelly Clarkson became popularized, unless it was in another episode? Instead they talked about the rise of internet artists like Justin Bieber and his song "Baby" that imo should have been kept as a subject for an eventual 2010s series. No mention of artists like Amy Whinehouse and Nelly Furtado either disapointingly enough despite being actually defining for the 2000s unlike Justin Bieber. Also they used "Firework" in the episode despite being a single that came out in 2010 and peaked in 2011 (like really? Katy Perry had I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold that could have been you know, actual good choices to be featured in the series).

Could have been better, definitely

Yep, you're 100% correct.

Written By: Dundee on 08/27/18 at 8:09 pm

Yep, you're 100% correct.
Yeah, worst part is that it really, really stinges me to remake it into list of missing parts and songs. Therefore if I was the one who made this episode, I've probably got like this:

Fall of Teen Pop and conversion to Mature Pop
"Bye Bye Bye"
"...Oops, I Did it Again"
"Cry Me a River"
"I'm a Slave 4 U"
"Toxic"
"Dirrty"
"Beautiful"

Napster debacle and fall of physical sales

Rise of digital sales and MP3 players

Uniquity of Hip Hop
"Real Slim Shady"
"Lose Yourself"
"In Da Club"
"Get Ur Freak On"
"I'm Real"
"Dilemma"
"99 Problems"
"Bootylicious"
"Crazy in Love"
"Ms. Jackson"
"Hey Yah!"

Patriotism vs. Escapism vs. Reactionism (Was a great part so I'm copying it lol)
"Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue (The Angry American)"
"Have You Forgotten?"
"Yellow"
"Your Body Is a Wonderland"
"How You Remind Me"
"American Idiot"
"Wake Me Up When September Ends"

Producers as artists (another great part)
"SexyBack"
"Say it Right"
"Apologize"
"The Way I Are"
"Hot in Herre"
"Drop it Like it's Hot"
"Hollaback Girl"

Kanye West and legacy
"All Falls Down"
"Heartless"
"The Best I've Ever Had"

R&B Domination and Soul's comeback
"Confessions Part II"
"Burn"
"Slow Jamz"
"Let Me Love You"
"Smack That"
"So Sick"
"Family Affair"
"We Belong Together"
"Fallin'"
"No One"
"Rehab"
"Crazy"

Dancey R&B
"Irreplaceable"
"Single Ladies"
"Promiscuous"
"Fergalicious"
"Don't Cha"
"Pon de Replay"
"Umbrella"

Southern Hip Hop's Invasion
"Get Low"
"Stand Up"
"Yeah!"
"Low"
"Goodies"
"1, 2 Step"
"Laffy Taffy"
"Soulja Boy"
"Lolliepop"
"Whatever You Like"
"Live Your Life"

Pop Punk and its emo-tization
"All the Small Things"
"I'm too Deep"
"Complicated"
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"I Write Sins Not Tragedies"
"Sugar, We're Goin' Down"
"Misery Business"
"Welcome to the Black Parade"

Alt/Nu-Metal
"Rollin'"
"Butterfly"
"Chop Suey!"
"Bring Me to Life"
"Numb"
"In the End"

Indie Rock Explosion
The Strokes
Interpol
"Maps"
Artic Monkeys
Kings of Leon
"7 Nation Army"

Reality Shows-made Pop Stars
"I Believe"
"Before He Cheats"
"Since U Been Gone"
"Because of You"

Male Pop
"You're Beautiful"
"Bad Day"
"I'm Yours"
"Hey There Delilah"
"Fireflies"
"The Reason"
"Drops of Jupiter"
"Chasing Cars"
"This Love"
"How to Save a Life"
"Viva La Vida"

Female Pop at the beginning of the decade
"Music"
"Can't Get You Out of My Head"
"Get the Party Started"
"Lady Marmelade"

Female Pop in the mid-part
"Smile"
"Ain't No Other Man"

Female Pop's Big Comeback
"Just Dance"
"Pokerface"
"I Kissed a Girl"
"Hot N Cold"
"Girlfriend"
"Whenever Wherever"
"Hips Don't Lie"
"She Wolf"
"So What"
"Disturbia"
"Womanizer"
"You Belong With Me"

Rise of EDM festivals

Electronized R&B
"Run It!"
"Forever"
"Right Round"
"Down"
"Whatcha Say"
"Where is the Love?"
"My Humps"
"Let's Get it Started"
"Boom Boom Pow"
"I Gotta Feeling"

See? Isn't this much more accurately representative of 2000s music?
Ooh, I think I gonna make a playlist too?

Check for new replies or respond here...