inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember “pop the collar”?

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/13/18 at 6:06 am

Around the end of middle school/first year of high school (so around 2005-2006) there was a big trend for guys to “pop their collar”, to wear their shirt collar flared up.

Also, does anyone remember:
When it was considered “gay” for you and a guy friend to sit next to each other at a movie? This would be around 02 to 04

Subject: Re: Remember “pop the collar”?

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/13/18 at 9:14 am

Yes. Everytime I accidentally pop my collar, I wonder to myself why was this ever fashionable. We had some very questionable trends and it's hilarious how you can't sometimes can't even tell while it's popular.

Throughout the 2000s, it was also gay for guys to wear one earirng, then it was gay for them to wear two earrings, and then it switched to one earring again. The 2000s are weird like that. 

Subject: Re: Remember “pop the collar”?

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/13/18 at 9:54 pm

Yes. Everytime I accidentally pop my collar, I wonder to myself why was this ever fashionable. We had some very questionable trends and it's hilarious how you can't sometimes can't even tell while it's popular.

Throughout the 2000s, it was also gay for guys to wear one earirng, then it was gay for them to wear two earrings, and then it switched to one earring again. The 2000s are weird like that.

It was big in the 80s too apparently. I never took part in the trend. The only 00s trends I only took part in were an emo fringe in 2007. I miss trip pants on girls. My first girlfriend on our first date in September 2006 wore a Janis Joplin-style hippie jacket with fringes and trip pants. She was a wild girl. We had 12 hour phone conversation once and it resulted in a $1000 phone bill (this was in the era where you couldn't talk for long before 9pm).

Check for new replies or respond here...