inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Best Fall seasons of The 2000's

Written By: Early2002 on 06/18/18 at 11:20 am

This thread is for the best Fall seasons of The 2000s    September/October/November

Here are a few of mine,

2001-  Despite 9/11 which was terrible, I could feel the shifts of culture increasing, it felt very alive and vibrant
2006-  That Fall season felt very weird with all the changes, Ps3, Vista, Facebook becoming a thing slowly, CW replacing WB, Blackberry pearl, however
that fall felt VERY exciting for some reason
2008-  You could feel the change in the air, it was scary and exciting at the same time, more on the exciting side of things

Subject: Re: The Best Fall seasons of The 2000's

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 11:21 am

Fall is so forgettable lol. I guess my favourite is 2009. 2006 and 2007 were good too.

2004 was great too pop culturally although not so much in my personal life.

Written By: Early2002 on 06/18/18 at 11:23 am

Fall is so forgettable lol. I guess my favourite is 2009. 2006 and 2007 were good too.

Fall 2006 had such a weird yet exciting atmosphere

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 11:25 am

I liked Borat ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 06/18/18 at 1:10 pm

2002-2004 were the best!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/18/18 at 2:53 pm

Fall of 2003 brings back the most memories. This is a post I made about my cherished memories from that autumn from another thread:

When I think about the years of 2003 & 2004, the first thing that always comes to mind is the Holidays, specifically Holiday Season of 2003. That year I remember tricker treating in this badass Batman costume and staying up going to various neighbors houses until 10 or 11 at night! I remember that being the most candy I've ever eaten in my life, ranging from a wide array of chocolate, to nerds, ring pops, candy corn, twizlers, etc.

For Thanksgiving I remember me and my immediate family going out to see distant relatives in Connecticut. I remember the scenic Autumn filled New England drive like it was yesterday 8). Seeing all of my aunts and uncles, playing with cousins (I discovered Smash Melee via my cousins that year!), harrasing my older siblings/older first cousins (they were all teenagers at the time), watching the football game with the adults, and of course the food!

Finally, Christmas was a lot more quaint, but it was nice just spending it with the immediate family at home. I got a PS2 that Christmas, so that was totally epic!

I also was heavily into the big three children's networks by this point in time so all three channels give me these nostalgic flashbacks when I was a kid for Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas 2003:

Circa Halloween 03'
jHQ3e-fBu_U

Circa Thanksgiving 03'
zlIsgos2yP8

Circa Christmas 03'
FW8DTZqfB64

All in all, this was a very nostalgic time to back on, at least for me.

Here is the link:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57048.msg3675341#msg3675341

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 3:13 pm

My favourite Halloween I think was 2002 when I went as Harry Potter.

1998 was also memorable when I dressed up as a clown ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/18/18 at 8:49 pm

Grrr... Fall is my favorite season. I can see why people would feel this way though. But beyond having the best weather of all the seasons, during the in and in-between decade transitions, fall is the best seasonal preview for the next couple of years.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 9:03 pm

Grrr... Fall is my favorite season. I can see why people would feel this way though. But beyond having the best weather of all the seasons, during the in and in-between decade transitions, fall is the best seasonal preview for the next couple of years.

I guess it's because you live in Texas so you have hot summers and mild autumns. In Canada, fall is depressing because you know winter is coming and the days are really short and rainy/snowy/cloudy all the time :-X

I do like fall fashion though. You get to wear a light coat or sweater and don't have get out the abominable snowman jacket yet.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/18/18 at 11:59 pm

I guess it's because you live in Texas so you have hot summers and mild autumns. In Canada, fall is depressing because you know winter is coming and the days are really short and rainy/snowy/cloudy all the time :-X

I do like fall fashion though. You get to wear a light coat or sweater and don't have get out the abominable snowman jacket yet.

I like that aspect that though. The grey/melancholic skies of Fall in the Northeast are pretty mesmerizing, at least for me. I also love the mild weather, granted I don't know how cold it is in Fall up by you, but by me it typically ranges between the mid 40s through low 60s in Fahrenheit during October/November (or about 5 through 15 degrees in Celsius). Plus, you have two of the best holidays in fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving! Although, the longer nights and chillier temps mean deer activity is at its worst in the Fall 8-P.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 06/19/18 at 3:35 am

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1725/41084073620_3678c20faa_z.jpg

Written By: mqg96 on 06/19/18 at 9:02 am

I swear the "late 2006 shift" has officially become the meme of this site.  ;D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 06/19/18 at 9:03 am

I swear the "late 2006 shift" has officially become the meme of this site.  ;D

Lol. Considering how often the "Late 2006 shift" used to be talked about, I thought it always has been a bit of a meme? :P

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/18 at 9:52 am

I like that aspect that though. The grey/melancholic skies of Fall in the Northeast are pretty mesmerizing, at least for me. I also love the mild weather, granted I don't know how cold it is in Fall up by you, but by me it typically ranges between the mid 40s through low 60s in Fahrenheit during October/November (or about 5 through 15 degrees in Celsius). Plus, you have two of the best holidays in fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving! Although, the longer nights and chillier temps mean deer activity is at its worst in the Fall 8-P.

Okay, then we like different things because I prefer sunny and warm weather ;D

I don't know if I can put a temperature range on Fall. It starts summer-like in the beginning and is like mild winter by the end. What you're describing though is what we also have around early-mid October. By late October/early November it starts snowing and only gets colder from there. White Halloweens are pretty common 8-P Then snowy November comes and Daylight Saving Tme ends too, so by the time you're home it's already night time. Not that we're saving anything anyway since the sun almost never shines after mid-October lol. And there's always that one or two major snowstorms in November that make it 2 hours to get home. Omg I'm already dreading it lol and summer hasn't even started ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/19/18 at 10:33 am

In Houston, we have no fall...just a less hot summer.

Or better yet, our fall is in the winter time

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/18 at 11:39 am

In Houston, we have no fall...just a less hot summer.

Or better yet, our fall is in the winter time

I just checked Houston's climate chart and your guys' October is the same thing as our July/August. I guess we like the same kind of weather then ;D

This is the climate chart for Houston and my city in Ontario by the way (in Fahrenheit).

https://i.imgur.com/Y3A4Y13.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/UWAjZLl.jpg

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/19/18 at 12:22 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/19/18 at 3:34 pm

Okay, then we like different things because I prefer sunny and warm weather ;D

I don't know if I can put a temperature range on Fall. It starts summer-like in the beginning and is like mild winter by the end. What you're describing though is what we also have around early-mid October. By late October/early November it starts snowing and only gets colder from there. White Halloweens are pretty common 8-P Then snowy November comes and Daylight Saving Tme ends too, so by the time you're home it's already night time. Not that we're saving anything anyway since the sun almost never shines after mid-October lol. And there's always that one or two major snowstorms in November that make it 2 hours to get home. Omg I'm already dreading it lol and summer hasn't even started

Lol I hate winter to bro. But I prefer the more mild temperatures of Fall and Spring though, especially Fall (despite knowing Winter is around the corner). Also, damn you guys get snow that early :o !?

Our first snowfall is usually around Late November/Early December. It’s pretty decent for much of October and early November, but it starts to get chilly by Mid November. By Thanksgiving, temps are typically in the Late 30s via Mid 40s, or about between 2 & 7 degrees in Celsius.

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/18 at 3:47 pm

Lol I hate winter to bro. But I prefer the more mild temperatures of Fall and Spring though, especially Fall (despite knowing Winter is around the corner). Also, damn you guys get snow that early :o !?

Our first snowfall is usually around Late November/Early December. It’s pretty decent for much of October and early November, but it starts to get chilly by Mid November. By Thanksgiving, temps are typically in the Late 30s via Mid 40s, or about between 2 & 7 degrees in Celsius.

Our Thanksgiving is in mid-October. I don't think most people celebrate it TBH, although many do. By the time American Thanksgiving or Black Friday is here it's already quite cold. Between -5C and 5C (20F to 40F) on average :-\\

We have 5 snow days and 12 rainy days in November on average, with 14 cm (or 5.5 inches) of snow, so it's quite a wet month. October has 0.6 snowy days (usually the first day of snow is in late October) and 13 rainy days.

Only part of fall I like is September and early October, and September is mostly summer anyway ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 06/19/18 at 7:02 pm

I thought everybody from New York or New Jersey loved winter and the snow!  ;D

In Georgia it's a miracle whenever we get snow once in a while, but Summer is my favorite season though while Winter is my least favorite too, and it's not just because of the cold temperature, but it's because Winter marks the end of football season too and the dramatic off season begins  ::)  While I give Spring credit for the plants and trees blooming I can't stand it because of my allergies with pollen  8-P

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/18 at 7:34 pm

I thought everybody from New York or New Jersey loved winter and the snow!  ;D

In Georgia it's a miracle whenever we get snow once in a while, but Summer is my favorite season though while Winter is my least favorite too, and it's not just because of the cold temperature, but it's because Winter marks the end of football season too and the dramatic off season begins  ::)  While I give Spring credit for the plants and trees blooming I can't stand it because of my allergies with pollen  8-P

Every spring day I thank the heavens I don't have spring allergies and get to enjoy the beautiful season. I heard most people develop spring allergies later in life though, and the thought terrifies me.  :-\\

Written By: mqg96 on 06/19/18 at 8:13 pm

Every spring day I thank the heavens I don't have spring allergies and get to enjoy the beautiful season. I heard most people develop spring allergies later in life though, and the thought terrifies me.  :-\\

I've been having spring allergies since I was a kid, so I hope mine don't become much worse, and my dad's have always been worse than mine.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...