inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who remembers Sisqo Thong Song

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/10/18 at 1:52 pm

I have been listening to his music and I must say it he's a good singer and a great dancer. His songs definitely give you that Y2K vibe since his solo popularity was roughly from 1999-2001 (not inculding his Dru Hill days). I can see why people said he was ahead of his time since his songs were very sexually explict and the frist Rnb singer to dye his hair grey. Here's the infamous Thong Song Oai1V7kaFBk&oref

Subject: Re: Who remembers Sisqo Thong Song

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/10/18 at 3:32 pm

I have it on my IPod. Its a iconic song with a timeless emphasis to it.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 07/10/18 at 5:13 pm

I do. My Mom would play it almost every week in 2009('10 or '11) and we'd watch the funny hippo animation that was made. XD

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/10/18 at 9:03 pm

I can see that, my favorite song from him is got to get it.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/10/18 at 9:05 pm

I do. My Mom would play it almost every week in 2009('10 or '11) and we'd watch the funny hippo animation that was made. XD
I bet your parents must've jam to him back when he was in his prime.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/10/18 at 9:12 pm

I just wonder how many people in the world still listen to their iPods lmfao. I'm gonna keep mine forever as a souvenir.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 07/10/18 at 9:28 pm

I just wonder how many people in the world still listen to their iPods lmfao. I'm gonna keep mine forever as a souvenir.  ;D

I remember having an ipod lol.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 07/11/18 at 10:11 am

I bet your parents must've jam to him back when he was in his prime.

Yep.  ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/12/18 at 7:57 pm

The fact that you even asked this question makes me feel old. The Thong Song was ubiquitous in 2000.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/12/18 at 10:06 pm

The fact that you even asked this question makes me feel old. The Thong Song was ubiquitous in 2000.
Lol, a lot of people who commented weren't even born when the song released, granted I was only a toddler when it came out so I have no memories of the song during it's run. Sisqo was probably the most explicit rnb singer at the time, considering that every song gets bleeped out.

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/12/18 at 10:41 pm

Lol, a lot of people who commented weren't even born when the song released, granted I was only a toddler when it came out so I have no memories of the song during it's run. Sisqo was probably the most explicit rnb singer at the time, considering that every song gets bleeped out.

Maybe. I didn't listen to too many male rnb singers back then but I don't remember there being any or much controversy around Sisqo. Of course, all the pearl clutchers clutched their pearls at the sight of the video or the words of the song like they always do, but I remember the Thong Song just being that big new jam that came out early in the year and pretty much stayed around the whole year. Before the Thong Song, I remember Sisqo in Mya's It's All About Me. I'm sure I heard him plenty when my dad would play Dru Hill but I just didn't know too much about him until Dru Hill broke up and he started promoting Unleash the Dragon.

Written By: snps94 on 07/15/18 at 2:08 pm

I was young, but I remember it was a huge hit, but Sisqo was never taken too seriously as a hip-hop/RnB artist. Almost guilty pleasure status.

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/15/18 at 3:11 pm

I was young, but I remember it was a huge hit, but Sisqo was never taken too seriously as a hip-hop/RnB artist. Almost guilty pleasure status.

Something like this was in the back of my mind but I decided to keep it there unless reached for. lol.

There was something "queer" about Sisqo. I mean that in both its LGBT and Weird sense. It turned a lot of black people off of him. I'm not saying he's gay or bi, but he wasn't exactly a thug. He was KIND OF like Prince in that he wasn't uber masculine but the late 90s, early 2000s was not accepting of such personalities as the 80s.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/15/18 at 4:45 pm

Do you know how many times they'd play that video on BET/MTV. Too many times that's how many

Written By: 2001 on 07/15/18 at 5:12 pm

I don't remember it. I don't think my mom would have been to pleased if I was listening to songs like that when I was 7 ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/15/18 at 10:57 pm

I don't remember it. I don't think my mom would have been to pleased if I was listening to songs like that when I was 7 ;D
He's main demographic was the African American Rnb demographic

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/15/18 at 11:04 pm

He's main demographic was the African American Rnb demographic

Trust me, the Thong Song was ultimately bigger than that.

Check for new replies or respond here...