inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What the 2000s really looked like

Written By: bchris02 on 07/22/18 at 10:57 pm

If you want to get nostalgic, take a look at this image gallery on CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/07/world/2000s-cnnphotos/index.html

Subject: Re: What the 2000s really looked like

Written By: mqg96 on 07/22/18 at 11:12 pm

Damn so much 2002 nostalgia in there  :D

Written By: wixness on 07/23/18 at 8:26 am

I think 2010s fashion has gotten more conservative, after looking at Lopez's dress. On the other hand, I've seen a recently music video with naked women in them while playing with some people on Gmod.

The third image is still horrifically similar to what the 2010s has.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/23/18 at 8:47 am

Damn so much 2002 nostalgia in there  :D

I looked through it. It just screamed politics. I got nostalgia for the Jay Z, Bey and Obama pic tho.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/23/18 at 10:12 am

I looked through it. It just screamed politics. I got nostalgia for the Jay Z, Bey and Obama pic tho.

And the Bill Clinton picture in the beginning.  Was a real reminder of how "90s" the year 2000 was.

Written By: Dundee on 07/23/18 at 11:14 am

When I think of "really looking like" for a decade, I think of pics of the every day life like the atmosphere threads. Not tv news sensationalist and celebrity tabloid photos we've already seen thousands of times or so.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/26/18 at 6:45 pm

One inaccuracy I noticed, the 2000 Olympics were in Sydney, not Athens.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/26/18 at 8:53 pm

I had a substitute teacher who used to dress like that North Korean guy, in the bland jumpsuit. Every time I see him I think of Mr. Fernman in that suit with his hair like it was still 1967.

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/28/18 at 5:22 pm

When I think of "really looking like" for a decade, I think of pics of the every day life like the atmosphere threads. Not tv news sensationalist and celebrity tabloid photos we've already seen thousands of times or so.

I agree with Shruggie on this one. I can relate with photos of people doing their own everyday life activities more so than pics of pop stars or figure heads. I can relate to a pic of a bunch of kids in middle school walking while listening to music from their headphones more than a two pop stars posing/smiling in flashy outfits in front of a camera or some image that relates to war within some far-off land.

Check for new replies or respond here...